Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2002 8:25:51 AM EDT
Hi all,
I'm new to the Ohio and am not totally familiar with all the streets yet, so last night coming home I didn't notice a stop light and went throught it. A police officer saw me and pulled me over. (this is not a cop bashing thread, the officer was very polite, and I did do something wrong) I got a ticket for this, my question is will I lose my ablitity to own firearms for running a red light? Logically I wouldn't think so but I'm not sure, so for any legal experts out there I would really like to know.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a Felony, or one of those Domestic Violence Misdemeanors??

Nope, you're safe for the moment.. :)
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Not today, but they will make it retroactive and 'send' for your guns in about 10 years.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
No, you don't live in Maryland, where the Attorney General wants anyone with [i]any[/i] "criminal" history to be banned from owning a firearm.  And, it appears, he wants to make owning a firearm a crime.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Fight it!. The first ticket is the first step towards being charged as a continous offender.

"and I did do something wrong". Get a grip, who says you did something wrong? How do you know THEY didn't do something wrong? Challenge authority. It'll also save you on increased insurance premiums.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#5]
It sounds as though you arent old enough to even own a gun if you have to ask that question.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got a ticket for this, my question is will I lose my ablitity to own firearms for running a red light? Logically I wouldn't think so but I'm not sure, so for any legal experts out there I would really like to know.
View Quote

Yes you lose them, Please send them to me asap.  I'll email my address.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top