Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Went to the Pt.Arthur show this A.M.
First time there was a line to get in,in the 41/2 years i have been back down here.
Lots of ammo to be had,at a buck a round,lol.
Sold a Savage bolt in 30-30,and picked up my first Randle,a Model 8.
Got a deal on it too.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Last show I went to was like that......

8 bucks to park, 12 to get in after an hour wait, walked all the isles in 20 minutes, and right back out the door....

Best part of the day was stopping at Culvers for a burger on the way home
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And how long to leave when you realized you wasted the entry fee money?

Last show I went to was like that......

8 bucks to park, 12 to get in after an hour wait, walked all the isles in 20 minutes, and right back out the door....

Best part of the day was stopping at Culvers for a burger on the way home

You guys are thinking of when DACA was running the Market Hall show during the Trump administration.  Premier has it now, the main hall is full.

For the north Texas boys:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_8/620050_23-24-January-Dallas-Eastland-gun-shows.html

Next week we'll have dinner after the FW show Saturday evening.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Thought about going. Woke up to the shitty drizzle outside and said, "Nope".

OP's photos confirmed I made the right decision.
View Quote

I was going to go for the militaria, but um, no.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That will be the unemployment line in a year
View Quote

And the food line in two years.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:22:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I would self-immolate or commit seppuku before I stood in a line that long.

The salad days will soon be spoken of as a legend that nobody believes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:29:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I will stand in line at the next show wearing a sign with my wares and prices written on it. A couple firearms, some 5.56, some 7.62x39, some 7.62x51 and some GB .22. Maybe I'll even haul some .380 and CMP 30/06 out.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:32:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmm.  Could bring a rolling grill and cooler and have a nice little BBQ while waiting to get in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It took one hour

Oh, i will buy something.   I have my eye on a Vopo PP right now
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Were the actually a good amount of vendors there? How were the prices on firearms? Ammo?

Last time I went, the main hall was 2/3 full, but out of that only about 75% had vendors at their tables. Hardly worth the $10 entry fee, gas and tolls.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It wasnt bad.  I found a cool guy to talk too.

Were the actually a good amount of vendors there? How were the prices on firearms? Ammo?

Last time I went, the main hall was 2/3 full, but out of that only about 75% had vendors at their tables. Hardly worth the $10 entry fee, gas and tolls.

.80 9mm.  $1 .223
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They would have to be giving free M16s out before Id stand in a line like that.
View Quote

I'm with this guy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I still like gun shows because I like older guns you can't normally find anywhere else.

The one where I live last weekend had 2 lines coming out the door in opposite directions. We went back three times that day and there was still a long line. With temps in the 30s we decided it was not worth the wait in the cold.
View Quote
This.  Im here for the secondary market.

Plus I've seen some cool WWI and WW II equipment already.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Shit, I might have to set up a table next time they have one here
View Quote

That's what I'm thinking. I have a 2 ARs, 4 AKs, and a HK SR9 that I'm looking to get rid of.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:52:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was there anything good before the doors opened?
View Quote

This right here. Its been a decade since Ive seen anything worthwhile gun wise at a gun show. Those were mainly private seller walking around. Thats dried up around here for a while. Everyone buys/sells their specific good stuff off of armslist or gunbroker. Most tables are loaded with XDs and Glocks for urban yutes and a bunch of Chinese optics. Any interesting gun a dealer has is marked up 500-1000 dollars over what people are paying on Gunbroker. Specialty ammo calibers is the only real benefit if you can get a good price.

I went to the local show last weekend to see if the crowd would be huge pre Biden. It was near bare. Went in 08 before Obama was sworn in and there was a line around the block. I think the internet just kills the need for physical gun shows since then.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Interested to get first hand feedback tonight
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This.  Im here for the secondary market.

Plus I've seen some cool WWI and WW II equipment already.
View Quote

May have to try tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Dallas folks - Hard 8 BBQ in The Colony at 6pm tonight
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  Dallas folks - Hard 8 BBQ in The Colony at 6pm tonight
View Quote

Posted:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/23-24-January-Dallas-Eastland-gun-shows-Hard-8-BBQ-the-Colony-6-00-PM-Sat/8-620050/?page=38#i7176647
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The lowest common denominator of mouth breathing normies are finally realizing that they're boned, and that's the majority of the country.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Gun show ammo vendors at the hotel the night before:

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#21]
They could shorten it by checking the attendees against voter registration? Dem?  Get lost!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Thought about going. Now I'm glad I stayed home.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#23]
With a line like that, what do people expect to find inside that won't have been already gone hours before they got in?  The sheeple attitude is still very prevalent among the population I see.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I may ease down that way in the morning if the Second Great Flood doesn't happen as predicted by the weather people.
Since Premier has taken that show over it is more like the late 80s/ early 90s shows without the beenie babies/jerky/baseball card/NASCAR stuff. Still enough trinkets to purchase so Momma will let you back in the house.

Did anyone have any metal ammo cans at a good price?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#25]
The line was like that before the Billary AWB.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I was going to go for the militaria, but um, no.
View Quote

Same here & same here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:54:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Uncle Joe will soon put the kebosh to such happy shenanigans.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
With a line like that, what do people expect to find inside that won't have been already gone hours before they got in?  The sheeple attitude is still very prevalent among the population I see.
View Quote

The only way to reliably get ammo now is pay high prices at gun shows or pay high prices online.  Every gun show I've been to in the last 6 months has had cheaper prices on ammo, primers, etc. than online.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Interested to get first hand feedback tonight
View All Quotes

Cool, see you there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve been wondering what’s going on at gun shows. I won’t be bothering.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:00:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Going to leave in a few.

It was a fun show.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#32]
You’re lucky. Governor Blackface Klanrobes ordered our shows shutdown.....due to COVID
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#33]
So stand in line for hours to find out the ammo and guns are priced too high and walk out buying nothing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:12:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The only way to reliably get ammo now is pay high prices at gun shows or pay high prices online.  Every gun show I've been to in the last 6 months has had cheaper prices on ammo, primers, etc. than online.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And if you buy FTF with cash, long guns [in a free state] mags and ammo are a wee bit harder to track down a year from now if our overlords decide we need to be protected to death from ourselves.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#35]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#36]
No trying to disparage the gun show, but I have to wonder why folks waited to the last minute to get things like firearms or ammunition where now they'll pay - what $1800 - for a $900 AR seven months ago?

Even if Trump had won, the riots and pandemic issues should have gotten people off their couch to go get something.

I'm hoping that all those in the line already have some stuff and are just scouting for something else, but to wait in a line like that, I think my first thought is likely the more accurate of the two.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I work gunshows from time to time. All the good deals are bought up between venders before the doors even open. Lots of inside dealing going on. Helped with one three weeks ago. One vendor walked over to the big ammo booth and bought every single small pistol and rifle primer they had before the doors opened up. Then put half of them on his table for almost double the price.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just run up to the back of the line yelling that some guy is selling 9mm for 50 cents a round the next block over, hold up some empty 9mm boxes for proof.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I work gunshows from time to time. All the good deals are bought up between venders before the doors even open. Lots of inside dealing going on. Helped with one three weeks ago. One vendor walked over to the big ammo booth and bought every single small pistol and rifle primer they had before the doors opened up. Then put half of them on his table for almost double the price.
View Quote

Ehhhhh, depends. I have had a friend who is a FFL7 and he doesn't sell guns, just ammo and such. I've been called NUMEROUS times by him and told to hightail my ass over to such and such show because someone is selling a really nice [usually a USGI 1911] firearm very reasonably. I have made some exceptional deals over the years due to him and he's given me contact info for others in group of friends selling something I'm interested in. Got my Navy Trophy Garand that way, a Clark Sr Custom hardballer and other stuff, all for very good prices.

Don't overlook the guys who are on the front lines, you might miss out on exceptional deals.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#40]
The the whole show saw primers only one time.

A single 1000 box of large pistol.  $140.  It didnt sell while I was there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not everybody plans ahead.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Well, anyone see any buying or selling? I expect it was a lot of sticker shock...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I may ease down that way in the morning if the Second Great Flood doesn't happen as predicted by the weather people.
Since Premier has taken that show over it is more like the late 80s/ early 90s shows without the beenie babies/jerky/baseball card/NASCAR stuff. Still enough trinkets to purchase so Momma will let you back in the house.

Did anyone have any metal ammo cans at a good price?
View Quote
$10 is what I noticed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they do.

.380 is stupid.  $2 per round was the cheapest
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Madness
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've been wondering what's going on at gun shows. I won't be bothering.
View Quote
All arent like this.  Hit a smaller town one, no lines
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So stand in line for hours to find out the ammo and guns are priced too high and walk out buying nothing.
View Quote
I got something I'm not going to post, a couple Korean mags and 4 nice military books better than Amazon price.  Plus entertainment.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why tho?
View Quote

Last time I went, there were $119 Russian SKS and $79 tins of 7.62x39.
Maybe there are still some left?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, anyone see any buying or selling? I expect it was a lot of sticker shock...
View Quote
Tons of stuff changing hands.  Guns.  I actually didnt see a lot of ammo being bought.  I think prices have reached their peak, unless another event happens.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The lowest common denominator of mouth breathing normies are finally realizing that they're boned, and that's the majority of the country. One round of 9mm is about to be in a price race with the cost of a gallon of gas.
View Quote

Soon people with limited safe space we need to decide if the guns or the ammo go in the safe.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top