Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I was at the DMV last Saturday and the line looked similar at 6am in the dark.

In NV, they're only letting "walk-ins" one day a week, on Saturdays. Complete bullshit. I did get to watch a nice sunrise though, so I had that going for me.

Oh, after 7 hours total, I got my plates for my 69 Roadrunner. What was this thread about again? Oh, thats right, beef jerky and bo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
those people are much to late to the game..
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet most are Sheeple that waited until the last possible moment to arm themselves.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$10 is what I noticed.
View Quote

That's what I paid at the Denison show two weeks ago. I decided I need a few more now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
whats the going gunshow rate on 9mm a $1 per round?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet most are Sheeple that waited until the last possible moment to arm themselves.
View Quote

Who cares? It’s their money. I prefer more and more people it guns. Put a pistol and an Ar in every house.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#8]
On my way down there with a sign with Jerky prices.  Teriyaki jerky is 4x what it was in the salad days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol paying to be surrounded by mouth breathers hovering around 150 per 1k primers and 800 dollar 8lb jugs of powder.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:03:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The Post Falls, Idaho show opened at 9AM.  At 5AM, there was a line at the door.
Good show but prices are always high.  There was a gal selling IIIA for $700/pair, and selling a lot of them.
FWIW I bought mine for $370.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Even though I think gunshows can be overpriced, I still like to go once in a while just to walk around and see stuff. I happen to also like older sporting rifles and military surplus guns, and those are things that you can find at the smaller local shows I go to. I don't go for new merchandise I can find online. Gun shows are still part of the culture, and I think it's a good thing to just walk around and see rifles and pistols spread out over tables as far as you can see. All those guns, never had a problem once ! (well, except when my problem was not having enough cash to get something)

Shows are cancelled in my part of the country, but the a local fire department had one of their typical small shows nearby, but they had it outside in November. This was a very small local show, but they had about 50 tables set up in the parking lot. Nothing spectacular but nice to get out and see stuff. As I like to think: "got to go, because you never know what grandpa pulled out of the back of the closet for the show today". Last good find for me was an 03A3 Springfield, metal was 98%, but in a sporter stock from the 50's. Paid $350 and I'll put it into a stock I collected years ago.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol paying to be surrounded by mouth breathers hovering around 150 per 1k primers and 800 dollar 8lb jugs of powder.
View Quote

Don’t forget the epic crop dusting that is surely occurring from all the bad dietary choices.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Market Hall is never good for more than spending some time with my son.

Jackson Armory down the road got my gun money the last 2x we went to Dallas.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Soon people with limited safe space we need to decide if the guns or the ammo go in the safe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The lowest common denominator of mouth breathing normies are finally realizing that they're boned, and that's the majority of the country. One round of 9mm is about to be in a price race with the cost of a gallon of gas.

Soon people with limited safe space we need to decide if the guns or the ammo go in the safe.

Bah! Ammo goes in the closet, not the safe.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
whats the going gunshow rate on 9mm a $1 per round?
View Quote
Mostly.  .80 was the cheapest I saw
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I love being around guns.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I love Jackson Armory
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just run up to the back of the line yelling that some guy is selling 9mm for 50 cents a round the next block over, hold up some empty 9mm boxes for proof.
View Quote

Back to School (1986) - Springsteen in the Parking Lot Scene (3/12) | Movieclips
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:33:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I've always wanted to stay a night in that hotel.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#20]
superspreader event
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I love Jackson Armory
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love Jackson Armory

same here. thanks for the reminder. i havent been there in a wile, need to hit it up
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
More people than a FJB rally.
View Quote

Hell . . . there're more people in that line than people that voted    for FJB in Texas.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've always wanted to stay a night in that hotel.
View Quote
I like the Renaissance.   We have stayed there a couple times.  Stay during the summer.  Rooftop pool.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Kind of makes me giggle thinking about the cans of HXP purchased for $60 and $65.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Similar scene at the Tampa show today.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I miss the smell of BO, the crack of a cheap tazer, the vast selection of $300 POS mosins, and the lighthearted and friendly demeanor of the old crusty bastard that has had the same 10 guns at his table since 2003

All that and it’s only $10 to get in?

What a prized piece of Americana.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I miss the smell of BO, the crack of a cheap tazer, the vast selection of $300 POS mosins, and the lighthearted and friendly demeanor of the old crusty bastard that has had the same 10 guns at his table since 2003z

All that and it's only $10 to get in?

View Quote
Had all of that today.  But only $9 for me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#28]
No one in line with guns to sell before they get in? Some of the best deals are had in the lines to get in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No one in line with guns to sell before they get in? Some of the best deals are had in the lines to get in.
View Quote
Yep.  Some dealers like the tables at the door for just that reason
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I miss the smell of BO, the crack of a cheap tazer, the vast selection of $300 POS mosins, and the lighthearted and friendly demeanor of the old crusty bastard that has had the same 10 guns at his table since 2003z

All that and it's only $10 to get in?

$7 and no parking fee for me. Cheap way to burn 1/2 day.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gun show ammo vendors at the hotel the night before:

https://i.imgur.com/mqmZeMC.png
View Quote

I know you're joking but this is a dangerous time for vendors, they're having trouble getting stock to sell with bills still to pay.  

Setting aside the fact the Dems are going to wreck the economy theres plenty who are probably going to go belly up for lack of inventory to make ends meet.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:43:40 PM EDT
[#32]
What was the obvious Straw Purchase count at this show?

I picked up a Taurus TX22 at the last show there and noticed during the 45-minute wait there were two young women in line before me buying Glocks. They paid cash then handed off the packages to some questionable looking males after walking away from the table. Now they may have just been gentlemen and carrying their packages, but the optics were bad as they say.
I also overheard "what do you mean I can't buy a gun" as I walked by several tables. Makes you wonder how many first-time buyers experienced that today?
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Crazy for sure but I’m noticing even on gunbroker they are having less inventory
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What was the obvious Straw Purchase count at this show?

I picked up a Taurus TX22 at the last show there and noticed during the 45-minute wait there were two young women in line before me buying Glocks. They paid cash then handed off the packages to some questionable looking males after walking away from the table. Now they may have just been gentlemen and carrying their packages, but the optics were bad as they say.
I also overheard "what do you mean I can't buy a gun" as I walked by several tables. Makes you wonder how many first-time buyers experienced that today?
View Quote
Didnt really notice one.  But I wasn't looking.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:49:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I miss the smell of BO, the crack of a cheap tazer, the vast selection of $300 POS mosins, and the lighthearted and friendly demeanor of the old crusty bastard that has had the same 10 guns at his table since 2003

All that and it’s only $10 to get in?

View Quote

You have exactly described all the gun shows I used to go to in my area years ago, except the Mosins. Back then it would have been SKS's and mismatched relic condition Mausers. Haven't been to one in something like 15 years.  I do miss them as I liked seeing lots of the German and Japanese military stuff I used to hunt for and other cool stuff.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Go through that line and question everyone if they voted for trump. If they state yes make them repeat "I voted for Trump" If they can't or admit they didn't then let everyone else know.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:19:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What a waste of time.
View Quote

Gotta agree here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Suckers..
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It wasnt bad.  I found a cool guy to talk too.
View Quote

Lol, there were no cool guys in that line.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:43:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
superspreader event
View Quote

Problem???

NO Problem!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:55:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Damn.  My LGS actually has and is getting ammo, at stupid prices but I can get it.  Called last week and they held 1 box of 9 for me.  When Wife got there She asked for the box and there were like 3 others there asking for 9.  They were none too happy when She got the box for me but they were already sold out otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They would have to be giving free M16s out before Id stand in a line like that.
View Quote

Even then I would have to think hard about that.  That line is ridiculous.  Are that many people in need of a couple boxes of ammo?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:36:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Must have some really good beef jerkey.
View Quote
Dinosaur jerky, not beef.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Geez. I might have to start selling some stuff. It's too hard to resist the prices.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:50:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Geez. I might have to start selling some stuff. It's too hard to resist the prices.
View Quote

Just plan on NOT being able to replace it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Went to the Pt.Arthur show this A.M.
First time there was a line to get in,in the 41/2 years i have been back down here.
Lots of ammo to be had,at a buck a round,lol.
Sold a Savage bolt in 30-30,and picked up my first Randle,a Model 8.
Got a deal on it too.
View Quote

Damn that is this weekend?
I told myself the next time there was a PA show I was going to get a table and put nothing but 5.56 and 9mm for sale at $2 per round just to see how bad people wanted it. Maybe some "bricks" of .22lr for $150 per brick.

Oh well, there's always next time.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#48]
At this point in the market, if you're looking for the stuff you need at gun shows, you're pretty much screwed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:04:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This right here. Its been a decade since Ive seen anything worthwhile gun wise at a gun show. Those were mainly private seller walking around. Thats dried up around here for a while. Everyone buys/sells their specific good stuff off of armslist or gunbroker. Most tables are loaded with XDs and Glocks for urban yutes and a bunch of Chinese optics. Any interesting gun a dealer has is marked up 500-1000 dollars over what people are paying on Gunbroker. Specialty ammo calibers is the only real benefit if you can get a good price.

I went to the local show last weekend to see if the crowd would be huge pre Biden. It was near bare. Went in 08 before Obama was sworn in and there was a line around the block. I think the internet just kills the need for physical gun shows since then.
View Quote

Yep. Used to go a few times a year. Would find cool stuff, decent deals etc. Bought a couple of the $89 SKS's etc. But 15+yrs now they have sucked. High prices, junk, a-hole dealers etc. I go every few years just to see if they still suck, and walk out every time regretting the wasted time...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Nope.
Haven’t been to a Nazi Memorabilia/Beanie Baby/Beef Jerky Show
in over two decades. I don’t stand in lines for anything.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top