Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In one breath Vivek says Russia is no big deal we don't need to deal with. In the next breath he says a Russia-China alliance is the worst thing ever.

All the while acting like an alliance that solidified when he was 13 just started.

He is out of his element. Badly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek's youth and inexperience on full display.

Christie called him Obama and here he is delivering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0IWe11RWOM

VR is correct. Get your arse on a plane, Ryan.

Calling BS on Orange Man and Ukebros because I'm right,

UBG

In one breath Vivek says Russia is no big deal we don't need to deal with. In the next breath he says a Russia-China alliance is the worst thing ever.

All the while acting like an alliance that solidified when he was 13 just started.

He said that China is the big deal. If they get someone to join them, then of course it's by definition a bigger deal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Vivek clearly won.  

He was the only one with a clear, concise, and substantive answer to any of the questions.

His detractors at this point mostly consist of hard-core bible thumpers that resent that he's not a WASP, or DeSantis/Trump hardcore fanbois that see him as a threat.

Anyone that came away from this with a positive view of Haley, Christie, Trump or Hutchison is a straight up RINO swamp creature.  The rest were non factors who said nothing noteworthy, including DeSantis sadly.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No one was great, but Vivek stood out the most on that stage.  Everyone else knew it too, as he drew the most incoming fire.
View Quote

Because he was willing to speak truths that actual conservatives believe, but go against the commie/fascist establishment agenda.

The others weren't willing to go there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't think tonight went well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn’t watch.

Cliff’s notes?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Results of tonight’s debate have been tallied. Pack her up folks, we have a clear front runner:

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The Jersey Blimp is in second place?!?!?!?!?! At least the Drudge Poll Voters know Hutchinson is garbage.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He was the first loser by not showing up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And the unequivocal winner…

Donald J. Trump.

Lol wrong he made the right choice sitting this out.

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
No one was great, but Vivek stood out the most on that stage.  Everyone else knew it too, as he drew the most incoming fire.
View Quote

Yep. Did Desantis get attacked by any of the others at all ? I think Desantis did fine but no one really tested him under fire.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Watch Vivek and Sean Ryan, he explains very well why it is president or nothing. Anyone can be a senator, it is a waste of time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek should be running for Senate against Sherrod  Brown!

Agreed!

You got to learn to walk before you run.   House of Represent'n or Senate or Governor.  

Running for President of the United States with Zero actual political experience is like saying "I'm ready to fly the SR-71!" (but haven't even bothered to do Ground School much less gotten my private license.)

Trump had no real idea about how a Government is actually run with the Senate, House, Courts Vs. his "business" which was  "Do what I say without any disagreement or you're FIRED!"

Bigger_Hammer

Watch Vivek and Sean Ryan, he explains very well why it is president or nothing. Anyone can be a senator, it is a waste of time.

It is not a waste of time when Vivek could defeat a Democrat incumbent and help return the Senate to Republican control.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Vivek drew the most fire.

He is the one who should debate Trump on competing visions of restoring America.

The rest should go back GOPe’ing
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It doesn't have to.  The first debate is always an Engineering 101 weed-out class.  Debates 2 & 3 are where things begin to get serious.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Pence is a smug motherfucker
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@Alembic, the GOP has passed continuing resolutions to continue using the 2016 Platform as the National Party Platform.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/static/home/data/platform.pdf

View Quote

Fair enough, it just needs to evolve to what we're faced with now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Didn’t watch.

Cliff’s notes?
View Quote

Pence is headed to retirement.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Former US Senator from, and former Governor of Arkansas. POS had a raffle for movie tickets so he could claim the people that bought raffle tickets as donors to meet the minimum required number of individual donors to get him over the line and qualify for the debate. RINO whore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1.VR
2. DeSantis
3. Burgum
4. Scott

Hailey,Pence and Krispy Cream can fuck off

who is the loser  guy from Arkansas

Former US Senator from, and former Governor of Arkansas. POS had a raffle for movie tickets so he could claim the people that bought raffle tickets as donors to meet the minimum required number of individual donors to get him over the line and qualify for the debate. RINO whore.
Shit, that's pretty smart. Might do that just to have fun at the next debate.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
CNN's "Republican" commenters are saying Nikki and Pence were the winners tonight

They are saying Vivek was "smug"

hahaha
View Quote

That should tell you everything about the establishment and the left’s biggest aim on taking down.

Vivek 2024
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:11:50 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

So why don’t you say the same about Trump? Remember who he supported before jumping over to the R side?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I hate to tell you….

You will either be voting for him or Newsom. No matter how much you try to say you are voting for someone else the reality is if you don’t vote for one of those two then you are voting for the other.

Vote however you want in the primary. No one cares. Trump has been watched by over 100 million tonight. He will be the nominee.

Send him to jail…his numbers will go up.

Tonight’s debate was for VP
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And he's been a rock solid Conservative longer than at least half the others up there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish Larry Elder was on the stage instead of Hutchinson.

he deserves to be there, his mind is as agile as any of these people

And he's been a rock solid Conservative longer than at least half the others up there.

I believe he would have showed very well, and it would give him credibility in the race... sucks to leave off a great prospect with the need this country has..
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:13:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Vivek was good
DeSantis was OK, too much muhh Navy Seals
Haley was ok until she went all hysterical on Vivek. Thats why you dont put women into positions of power.

Not sure if i hate Pence or fucks news more. Climate Change and UFOs,
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DeSantis needs to drop the “I deployed with Navy Seals” shtick… You weren’t a Seal. Quit trying to insinuate you were.

You were a Navy JAG, you deployed as one. That’s ok, and more than what anyone else on that stage did. Be proud of it.
View Quote

I am a Ron supporter, and that actually irritated me too.

Not a fan of the "I was at a place where cool dudes did stuff" shtick.

Otherwise I was happy with his performance. Nicky did pretty good, and Ramswamy did better then I expected but something about him makes me distrust him. I think its because hes too eager to say what I want to hear.

Fuck Pence, he would have been a great candidate if it was 2008 or 2004. Now he's got a stink on him (right or wrong) that he can't wipe away.

Christie is just a fat fuck who needs to fuck off too.

Tim and the ND Gov were good but don't have the national prescience to make it.

ASA is a narc.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Overall my take.

Only serious candidates are Desantis, Vivek, and Haley.

Desantis definitely didn't do what he needed to do to steal significant support from trump, though he did enough to maintain 2nd place. He really struggles with coming across as sincere. Love the dudes record and background but fuck, he just doesn't have the likability factor.

Vivek came out too strong imo, and his positive message did not at all come across. That said he likely got a lot of people interested in him. He was attacked like he was a front runner, I think that's going to help him in the end. Kind of telling that nobody focused on desantis the same way.

Haley was surprising, I hadn't seen her much before. Solid showing outside a couple missteps.

Fuck Christie. He's a fucking troll, he has zero shot and I genuinely have no idea what he's doing here. He's smart enough to know he won't win, won't get VP, won't get a cabinet position. That said as much as I hate to admit it, he didn't make major missteps like pence did.

Seriously fuck pence. He's more competent than I remember but the dude has zero chance and is the epitome of the old patronizing dude that nobody likes. Nobody wants what you're offering. Read the room and fuck off. You'll never be president.

The rest are generally wasting time and didn't contribute anything to the conversation. Although I'd have a beer with North Dakota guy anytime.

That largest fuck you is reserved for fox. Fuck these god awful topics that came straight from the DNC. I didn't think it could possibly get worse and then they literally brought up UFOs. Fuck this 30 second sound bite bullshit garbage, it encourages surface level trash answers. Americans deserve long form debate that digs into the how, not worthless "omg I love puppies and that other candidate doesn't." Fucking embarrassing.

Trump was smart to not show up, but I still don't think there was a winning play here. I don't think he polls better coming out of this but he'll certainly stay in first place.
View Quote
Fox refused to ask the simple question of, "Candidate X, do you support the Second Amendment and the repeal of gun control laws, Yes or No?"
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn’t watch.

Cliff’s notes?

And Christie is headed to the buffet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Vivek has more pointed comments than DeSantis, but I don't think he's more principled than RDS.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

He said that China is the big deal. If they get someone to join them, then of course it's by definition a bigger deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek's youth and inexperience on full display.

Christie called him Obama and here he is delivering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0IWe11RWOM

VR is correct. Get your arse on a plane, Ryan.

Calling BS on Orange Man and Ukebros because I'm right,

UBG

The problem is, Russia joined them almost 25 years ago.

2001 Sino-Russian Treaty of Friendship

I'm not going to spam the thread with my article list but there is a very well documented history of them building this modern day Axis to oppose the US and the West over the last quarter century.

The fact he's not cognizant of it and thinks this is some recent event puts his glaring naivete on full display.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
CNN's "Republican" commenters are saying Nikki and Pence were the winners tonight

They are saying Vivek was "smug"

hahaha
View Quote

fucking clowns as usual
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#28]
God awful.

Trump ruined my ability to listen to androids like this group of Turds.

I can't stand phony motherfuckers.

Vivek was the closest thing to being "real" of anyone up there, but he still soundd like a used car salesman.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I planned to watch tomorrow but figured I'd hear the hives thoughts. Never thought I'd see a time where there wasn't a clear winner just reading everyone's comments. No one can seem to agree.

Maybe with bits and pieces taken from each candidate we could field 1x Frankenstein conservative we all somewhat like?
View Quote
If we ended up with a candidate that was exactly who we wanted, we would still find a reason to hate them. We're compelled to it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#30]
DeSantis was a pretty weak at debating when running for governor, but he's grown a great deal.

He still has some room for growth.  He's more about his actions instead of being a smooth talker.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I believe he would have showed very well, and it would give him credibility in the race... sucks to leave off a great prospect with the need this country has..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish Larry Elder was on the stage instead of Hutchinson.

he deserves to be there, his mind is as agile as any of these people

Yeay I'd rather have Elder on the stage than many of the others.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So why don’t you say the same about Trump? Remember who he supported before jumping over to the R side?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Jesus fucking Christ! I've said it so much about Trump I've been accused of voting for Hillary and Biden.

FUCK.

THEM.

BOTH.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Just in general?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Video
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Vivek clearly won.  

He was the only one with a clear, concise, and substantive answer to any of the questions.

His detractors at this point mostly consist of hard-core bible thumpers that resent that he's not a WASP, or DeSantis/Trump hardcore fanbois that see him as a threat.

Anyone that came away from this with a positive view of Haley, Christie, Trump or Hutchison is a straight up RINO swamp creature.  The rest were non factors who said nothing noteworthy, including DeSantis sadly.
View Quote
He has clear simple answers but he can't back those answers up on everything. But right now, the goal is to garner support and his simple answers will do that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Still in the Vivek (#1) and DeSantis camp (#2),

But DeSantis’s closing statement felt incredibly scripted and fake and Vivek didn’t nearly come off as strong as his solo, unscripted, and long form format media has been. Missed opportunity for me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

SO... When will ARFCOM be referring to you as SENATOR ClayHollisterTT ?

Anyone can be a Senator??  

Kari Lake?

Herschel Walker?

Adam Laxalt?

Mehmet Oz?

Don Bolduc?

Best of Luck in your Election - We are all counting on you Buddy!

Edited to add - Just kidding you some  - you know that I do like you - even if we agree to disagree.

Bigger_Hammer
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek should be running for Senate against Sherrod  Brown!

Agreed!

You got to learn to walk before you run.   House of Represent'n or Senate or Governor.  
SRunning for President of the United States with Zero actual political experience is like saying "I'm ready to fly the SR-71!" (but haven't even bothered to do Ground School much less gotten my private license.)

Trump had no real idea about how a Government is actually run with the Senate, House, Courts Vs. his "business" which was  "Do what I say without any disagreement or you're FIRED!"

Bigger_Hammer

SO... When will ARFCOM be referring to you as SENATOR ClayHollisterTT ?

Anyone can be a Senator??  

Kari Lake?

Herschel Walker?

Adam Laxalt?

Mehmet Oz?

Don Bolduc?

Best of Luck in your Election - We are all counting on you Buddy!

Edited to add - Just kidding you some  - you know that I do like you - even if we agree to disagree.

Bigger_Hammer

Fetterman is a senator. It is only a vote and a way to enrich oneself. It is not a position for someone with a plan to improve this country.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Didn't watch.

Cliff's notes?
View Quote
@Low_Country, it was a cluster fuck and the GOP is the Whigs of the 21st Century.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Boomer here, i dont want to except your new world.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I hate to tell you….

You will either be voting for him or Newsom. No matter how much you try to say you are voting for someone else the reality is if you don’t vote for one of those two then you are voting for the other.

Vote however you want in the primary. No one cares. Trump has been watched by over 100 million tonight. He will be the nominee.

Send him to jail…his numbers will go up.

Tonight’s debate was for VP
View Quote

I agree with you.

I expect 2024 to end up Newsome Vs. Trump as Biden will find a medical excuse to exit stage left to let someone who can physically & mentally do the job be the "D" Candidate.

I voted for Trump in 2016, 2020 and I'm voting for whomever is the "R" Nominee in 2024.  But I'm stocking up on Guns, Mags, Ammo now in the slump because come November 2024 I predict there is going to be Panic Buying the likes we've never seen.

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The RNC had some bullshit reason to not let Larry Elder in the debate.  They are dead to me.
View Quote

They shit on Perry Johnson too .
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:20:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm curious because I think most are boomers out of touch with the real world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Failing to comprehend how it matters. I was born in the 80s. I don't buy Vivek's shtick and I don't trust him.

I've been a Conservative all my life. I didn't need a "Road to Damascus" Paul-like conversion to define the core moral and idealogical principles that I believe and live.

I'm curious because I think most are boomers out of touch with the real world.

Vivek is full of soundbites. Those don't move me. Plenty of politicians have stood on a debate stage and thrown out soundbites, caught fire, and then crashed and burned.

As I said, I don't believe in miraculous political conversions. Vivek gives me the impression that he would've been running for the Democrat nomination had that lane been open to him.

He shows a lot of naivety.

I was really disappointed in DeSantis for a variety of reasons.

Quite frankly, I'm not convinced any of the candidates tonight can be beat Biden. It's still early. Burgum intrigues me. Scott is interesting but he didn't assert himself nearly enough. Too easy to get the impression Scott is just standing back hoping for VP. Quite frankly, I get a similar impression with Vivek. If you won't criticize anything Trump did then why are you even running (if not to be VP).

That's the other thing about Vivek. Why is he even running against Trump?

Instead of asking the goofy question about whether or not they'd support Trump aa nominee -- why didn't Fox ask them WHY they are running?

I'm all ears if I've missed something from Vivek previously explaining why he's running. From where I stand it seems like he's running to be Trump's VP, and I simply don't think Trump can win even though he won tonight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:21:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Didn't watch.

Cliff's notes?
View Quote

No real standouts.

All guns were out for Vivek. He was hit and miss, got talked over a lot.

Pence was talking over people non-stop and acting like Trump.

Desantis came out shaky, sounded rehearsed and stiff, but eventually settled in. He held his own, but squirmed a bit on abortion. Desantis really needs to work on his presence.

Haley looked polished, she was pretty on point, but got a bit shrill and lost it when Vivek suggested cutting off financial support to Israel.

Tim Scott was solid, but unexciting. Same with Burgum.

Christie was Christie.

Hutchinwho?

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#47]
DeSantis able to give some filler to his statements in the post debate despite Hannity talking over him constantly, as per usual for Hannity.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
And the unequivocal winner…

Donald J. Trump.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:23:07 PM EDT
[#49]

See, you know that account is hilarious!
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 26
Top Top