I don't think tonight went well.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/laugh-29.gif

Just in general?

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:24:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can the anti Vivek people post their ages with their anti vivek rhetoric please?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Can the anti Vivek people post their ages with their anti vivek rhetoric please?

Quoted:

Known many a Indian American.  Several I am friends with and have been from elementary school.

Their culture of caste generally comes through eventually.  They almost always support liberal ideas even though they look down on people who they don’t see on their level no matter the others accomplishments.

I think they like its control and similarity to what their ancestors were accustomed.

They are friendly and decent to those they see on their level.

Their children grow up with little discipline but succeed based on intelligence maintained through their caste.

Ultimately their culture is incompatible with the one many of us grew up with.

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He said that China is the big deal. If they get someone to join them, then of course it's by definition a bigger deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek's youth and inexperience on full display.

Christie called him Obama and here he is delivering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0IWe11RWOM

VR is correct. Get your arse on a plane, Ryan.

Calling BS on Orange Man and Ukebros because I'm right,

UBG

In one breath Vivek says Russia is no big deal we don't need to deal with. In the next breath he says a Russia-China alliance is the worst thing ever.

All the while acting like an alliance that solidified when he was 13 just started.

He is out of his element. Badly.

He said that China is the big deal. If they get someone to join them, then of course it's by definition a bigger deal.

Russia is now China’s gas station instead of Europe’s.

We are pushing two rivals together.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I agree with you.

I expect 2024 to end up Newsome Vs. Trump as Biden will find a medical excuse to exit stage left to let someone who can physically & mentally do the job be the "D" Candidate.

I voted for Trump in 2016, 2020 and I'm voting for whomever is the "R" Nominee in 2024.  But I'm stocking up on Guns, Mags, Ammo now in the slump because come November 2024 I predict there is going to be Panic Buying the likes we've never seen.

Bigger_Hammer

View Quote

Newsom

Remember, there's only one e in "cocksucker."
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek's youth and inexperience on full display.

Christie called him Obama and here he is delivering!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0IWe11RWOM

VR is correct. Get your arse on a plane, Ryan.

Calling BS on Orange Man and Ukebros because I'm right,

UBG

In one breath Vivek says Russia is no big deal we don't need to deal with. In the next breath he says a Russia-China alliance is the worst thing ever.

All the while acting like an alliance that solidified when he was 13 just started.

He is out of his element. Badly.

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is not a waste of time when Vivek could defeat a Democrat incumbent and help return the Senate to Republican control.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Vivek should be running for Senate against Sherrod  Brown!

Agreed!

You got to learn to walk before you run.   House of Represent'n or Senate or Governor.  

Running for President of the United States with Zero actual political experience is like saying "I'm ready to fly the SR-71!" (but haven't even bothered to do Ground School much less gotten my private license.)

Trump had no real idea about how a Government is actually run with the Senate, House, Courts Vs. his "business" which was  "Do what I say without any disagreement or you're FIRED!"

Bigger_Hammer

Watch Vivek and Sean Ryan, he explains very well why it is president or nothing. Anyone can be a senator, it is a waste of time.

It is not a waste of time when Vivek could defeat a Democrat incumbent and help return the Senate to Republican control.

Can’t the Republicans get someone else to fill that role?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Fetterman is a senator. It is only a vote and a way to enrich oneself. It is not a position for someone with a plan to improve this country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!

You got to learn to walk before you run.   House of Represent'n or Senate or Governor.  
SRunning for President of the United States with Zero actual political experience is like saying "I'm ready to fly the SR-71!" (but haven't even bothered to do Ground School much less gotten my private license.)

Trump had no real idea about how a Government is actually run with the Senate, House, Courts Vs. his "business" which was  "Do what I say without any disagreement or you're FIRED!"

Bigger_Hammer

Watch Vivek and Sean Ryan, he explains very well why it is president or nothing. Anyone can be a senator, it is a waste of time.

SO... When will ARFCOM be referring to you as SENATOR ClayHollisterTT ?

Anyone can be a Senator??  

Kari Lake?

Herschel Walker?

Adam Laxalt?

Mehmet Oz?

Don Bolduc?

Best of Luck in your Election - We are all counting on you Buddy!

Edited to add - Just kidding you some  - you know that I do like you - even if we agree to disagree.

Bigger_Hammer

Fetterman is a senator. It is only a vote and a way to enrich oneself. It is not a position for someone with a plan to improve this country.

You MIGHT want to review your Civics text book again - because the Senate approves any SCOTUS Justice(s) & is absolutely needed to pass or repeal any legislation and a lot of other "somewhat important stuff".

"Oh we don't need the Senate - Anyone can do it".   Just isn't "How Things Work" in the real world.  

Not having the Senate means whatever agenda & positive changes your administration wants - is pretty much stymied.

For that reason (lack of any experience - not even a city council person or small town mayor), I really can't see either Vivek or Kari Lake (NO Experience for either) being realistic V.P. candidates for a Old Geezer like Donald Trump who might "go to his reward" at any point at his age.

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It doesn't have to.  The first debate is always an Engineering 101 weed-out class.  Debates 2 & 3 are where things begin to get serious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think tonight went well.

It doesn't have to.  The first debate is always an Engineering 101 weed-out class.  Debates 2 & 3 are where things begin to get serious.

They certainly need to weed out most of them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cheers. I like that term.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Newsom

Remember, there's only one e in "cocksucker."
View Quote

Lol, perfect.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:28:34 PM EDT
[#11]
RNC debate - ~40k (streaming)
Trump - 85 88M

We'll see some "real" numbers in the coming days but it looks like Trump laid a galactic sized smackdown on his competitors. He's so far out ahead, they are nothing but little particles of dust floating in the breeze.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]

That twitter account is hilarious
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:28:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yeah, I cringed at that one. He has been disappointing at this debate. He remains the best option against Trump, for better or worse.
View Quote

In defense, he said he worked with them. Which he did. He was the JAG advisor, I think.

He did serve in uniform, the only one on the stage IIRC, so he can talk about it as long as he doesn’t exaggerate, a La Kerry, Blumenthal, and other Dims.

All that said, I’m really liking VR. I’m sick of career pols.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:29:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Can someone explain the weird DeSantis accent thing to me? He's a Florida native yet he sounds like he's from the Upper Midwest. I have zero issue with anyone from the Midwest but I simply don't understand why DeSantis doesn't sound like he's a Floridian.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Trump - 85M

We'll see some "real" numbers in the coming days but it looks like Trump laid a galactic sized smackdown on his competitors. He's so far out ahead, they are nothing but little particles of dust floating in the breeze.
View Quote

Just read an MSM headline saying Trump's interview was a snooze fest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I think that consensus here is that Fat Bastard, Asa and the theocrat petulant interrupter can all choke on bags of dicks. Also, the guy from ND seems okay. That's pretty good for GD.

Everyone have a good night.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:31:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Trump - 85M

View Quote

Trump is a goddamn buffoon and a failure as a politician and if that’s what America wants we deserve to get fucked good and hard.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:32:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Just read an MSM headline saying Trump's interview was a snooze fest.
View Quote

Obviously with 100 million views now. What was the population of the US again?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:32:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I wish Larry Elder was on the stage instead of Hutchinson.
View Quote

Here we agree.
Elder is a serious guy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
1.VR
2. DeSantis
3. Burgum
4. Scott

Hailey,Pence and Krispy Cream can fuck off

who is the loser  guy from Arkansas

View Quote

I’d put Scott over Brgam, but pretty much.
I like Tim Scott. He has an amazing real story.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Can’t the Republicans get someone else to fill that role?
View Quote

None of the current crop of Republican contenders are as strong, head-to-head, against Sherrod Brown as VR would be.  

I believe VR would crush Brown.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Trump is a goddamn buffoon and a failure as a politician and if that’s what America wants we deserve to get fucked good and hard.
View Quote

You're gonna be screaming at clouds once the 2nd and 3rd shift view numbers come in. America clearly stands with DJT.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Mike Pence loudly booed by crowd

Mike Pence loudly booed by crowd after being 'obliterated' by Vivek Ramaswamy
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:35:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You MIGHT want to review your Civics text book again - because the Senate approves any SCOTUS Justice(s) & is absolutely needed to pass or repeal any legislation and a lot of other "somewhat important stuff".

"Oh we don't need the Senate - Anyone can do it".   Just isn't "How Things Work" in the real world.  

Not having the Senate means whatever agenda & positive changes your administration wants - is pretty much stymied.

For that reason (lack of any experience - not even a city council person or small town mayor), I really can't see either Vivek or Kari Lake (NO Experience for either) being realistic V.P. candidates for a Old Geezer like Donald Trump who might "go to his reward" at any point at his age.

Bigger_Hammer

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed!

SRunning for President of the United States with Zero actual political experience is like saying "I'm ready to fly the SR-71!" (but haven't even bothered to do Ground School much less gotten my private license.)

Bigger_Hammer

SO... When will ARFCOM be referring to you as SENATOR ClayHollisterTT ?

Anyone can be a Senator??  

Kari Lake?

Herschel Walker?

Adam Laxalt?

Mehmet Oz?

Don Bolduc?

Best of Luck in your Election - We are all counting on you Buddy!

Edited to add - Just kidding you some  - you know that I do like you - even if we agree to disagree.

Bigger_Hammer

Bigger_Hammer

It isn’t, “we don’t need the Senate”, it is anyone can fill the role.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

And what do you want?  Nikki Haley who pissed on our ancestors?  The rhino whale?  Pence the traitor?  Vivek the soothsayer?

Do tell bringer of wisdom.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Can someone explain the weird DeSantis accent thing to me? He's a Florida native yet he sounds like he's from the Upper Midwest. I have zero issue with anyone from the Midwest but I simply don't understand why DeSantis doesn't sound like he's a Floridian.
View Quote
@RainierV

Floridians don't have a single native accent since Florida is too broad in people.

From Tallahassee to Panama City, that's really Southern Georgia.

From Panama City to the western border, that's really Lower Alabama.

Jacksonville and the surrounding north central Florida area is neutral and is just really stereotypical midwestern America Town.

Central FL along the I4 corridor is a scattering of Miami Cubans, Boricua, Brazilians, and an small assortment of people from the midwest US.

Southeast FL north of Miami-Dade County is NYC and NJ.

Miami-Dade County is Nuevo Cuba.

Tampa is Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and midwestern folk.

SW FL is the vacation beach homes of rich NYers and NJers.

DeSantis grew-up outside of Tampa. That's pretty much a midwestern accent.

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:38:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree with you.

I expect 2024 to end up Newsome Vs. Trump as Biden will find a medical excuse to exit stage left to let someone who can physically & mentally do the job be the "D" Candidate.

I voted for Trump in 2016, 2020 and I'm voting for whomever is the "R" Nominee in 2024.  But I'm stocking up on Guns, Mags, Ammo now in the slump because come November 2024 I predict there is going to be Panic Buying the likes we've never seen.

Bigger_Hammer

View Quote

sadly I do this in front of pretty much every presidential election to get ahead of the coming shitstorm..
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there anyway to watch the debate in its entirety?  Seems like Fox is unhappy with the outcome and only airing 1-2 minute clips that support whatever fucked up agenda they have.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:38:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Lol wrong he made the right choice sitting this out.

View Quote

Cowards choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#30]
I think Haley would make a good VP
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And what do you want?  Nikki Haley who pissed on our ancestors?  The rhino whale?  Pence the traitor?  Vivek the soothsayer?

View Quote

Let's start with someone who can articulate their way out of a paper bag.  WELP!  That eliminates Trump....
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:41:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is it you people setting up this constant false pretense always leave out the extremely obvious choice?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Let's start with someone who can articulate their way out of a paper bag.  WELP!  That eliminates Trump....
View Quote

The more you whine, the more powerful he becomes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think Haley would make a good VP
View Quote

She is with those who wish to destroy history and a deepstate rhino so you may want to think a little harder on that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:44:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:44:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Here we agree.
Elder is a serious guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish Larry Elder was on the stage instead of Hutchinson.

Here we agree.
Elder is a serious guy.

And that's why they won't allow him on stage...
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well you already have a VP that can replicate your avatar.  Must be thrilling for you.  Wow, the joy it must bring.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

None of the current crop of Republican contenders are as strong, head-to-head, against Sherrod Brown as VR would be.  

I believe VR would crush Brown.
View Quote

This.
But he’s just a strong, accomplished, person period.

Confess, hadn’t heard of him a year ago. But now?
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Twitter is blowing up with Vivek clips over the last hour. Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Why is it you people setting up this constant false pretense always leave out the extremely obvious choice?
View Quote

I like Ron.  I think we would all be battling mask mandates still(even though they are about to be pushed again) because of him.  He is not nationally electable however. He just doesn’t have the political gift.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:50:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

She is a career politician that supports the establishment Republican party and is a Ukebro

Of course I don't like her.

I bet you hate Vivek
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don’t like her… that’s something that could lead me to support her.

She is a career politician that supports the establishment Republican party and is a Ukebro

Of course I don't like her.

I bet you hate Vivek

You would be mistaken. As a VP candidate he appeals to youth, minorities and populists sick of the system.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:50:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Cowards choice.
View Quote

You couldn't be any more wrong but you're overcome with TDS so I get it .
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@RainierV

Floridians don't have a single native accent since Florida is too broad in people.

Jacksonville and the surrounding north central Florida area is neutral and is just really stereotypical midwestern America Town.

Central FL along the I4 corridor is a scattering of Miami Cubans, Boricua, Brazilians, and an small assortment of people from the midwest US.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@RainierV

Yeah, I live in Alabama and have spent extensive amounts of time in Florida. I don't expect him to speak like he's from Chipley, but he just sounds off compared to everyone else I've ever worked with or spent time with from Central Florida. Even moreso when compared to JAX.

Granted, most of my time in the Tampa area was more like St. Pete, Bradenton, and Sarasota (or over in Polk County) but I actually looked up Ron's Wikipedia the other day because I was convinced he moved to the Midwest when he was a kid or something. I guess it's probably got a lot to do with his parents and family being from OH/PA.

I don't see it as a negative. It's more a curiosity. You're absolutely right there's all kinds of accents in Florida. Sadly, the panhandle has changed a lot over the last 20-30 years. I'm accustomed to Yankee accents down in S. FL but the Midwestern kind of accent from someone born in JAX and raised in Tampa was weird to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

sadly I do this in front of pretty much every presidential election to get ahead of the coming shitstorm..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you.

Bigger_Hammer

Well, I see it as this.

If "IT" Happens - I'm Stocked, Locked & Ready to Rock!

If "IT" Does NOT Happen - then I'm still Stocked, Locked & Ready to Rock!

Buying Guns & Ammo now is like buying Swimsuits, Surfboards & Sailboats in December.

Let's hope for a Good 2024!  

Best to Ya'!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I like Ron.  I think we would all be battling mask mandates still(even though they are about to be pushed again) because of him.  He is not nationally electable however. He just doesn’t have the political gift.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fact he's the only other candidate not sitting at single digits says otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#46]
I think Swamy is obviously the winner... he is essentially an unknown, got to go out and show his stuff against the "best" the GOP has to offer and acquitted himself well in front of the largest crowd politics could muster at this point.

DeSantis didn't lose anything, I think most everyone already knows who he is... I'm not sure he did anything to put himself at the lead of the pack necessarily... I don't usually put much stock into the usual nebulus comments that, "he's missing something", but observing him his presence is just very flat even when he's trying to be excited... not to sure why he just doesn't ever show out.. ... these things don't matter to me, but they will in the race unfortunately, he will have to generate excitement somehow.

the rest are obviously also-rans without a chance in hell.

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
When Trump loses to Biden again in 2024, that’s ok, as he can always run again in 2028.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:56:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I live in Alabama and have spent extensive amounts of time in Florida. I don't expect him to speak like he's from Chipley, but he just sounds off compared to everyone else I've ever worked with or spent time with from Central Florida. Even moreso when compared to JAX.

Granted, most of my time in the Tampa area was more like St. Pete, Bradenton, and Sarasota (or over in Polk County) but I actually looked up Ron's Wikipedia the other day because I was convinced he moved to the Midwest when he was a kid or something. I guess it's probably got a lot to do with his parents and family being from OH/PA.

I don't see it as a negative. It's more a curiosity. You're absolutely right there's all kinds of accents in Florida. Sadly, the panhandle has changed a lot over the last 20-30 years. I'm accustomed to Yankee accents down in S. FL but the Midwestern kind of accent from someone born in JAX and raised in Tampa was weird to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@RainierV

A lot of Midwestern folks settled in the Tampa and surrounding areas. A lot of Michiganders.
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Vivek LAUGHS at Pence over answer to pardoning Trump
Link Posted: 8/23/2023 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Overall, Desantis was the best choice on the stage of the governors by a long shot, someone who has actually done conservative things for their state.

Vivek sounds good, but plenty of holes in his knowledge base showed up.  I think he would be as successful and unsuccessful as Trump, CEO of America gets anything that can be done with an executive order accomplished, and reversed as he is walking out the door.  He will probably get better in time.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top