BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Empire apples are the best apples
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
For just plain eating - Honeycrisp>Fuji>Braeburn (although the difference between them for me is so small that I consider them almost equal).
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:51:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can keep your Canadian mushy apples!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's McIntosh and then there's everything else.

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots eating second rate apples in here.
You can keep your Canadian mushy apples!
What's this aboot mushy, eh?

McIntosh is crispy with just the right amont of tartness.

Give yer balls a tug.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:52:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only thing the red delicious does right is being red....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laughs in Red Delicious.
Fucking pathetic

Absolutely FUCKING PATHETIC

Honeycrisp is the current king, opal is great, the cosmic will be cool to try when they’re widespread

But the red delicious?

Jesus Christ
Agreed...literally any apple choice is better than the Red Delicious.
The Red Delicious is the 19 year old stripper of the apple world.

It looks pretty, it’s shiny and has nice curves but it’s completely dead inside and void of any redeeming value.  Also, it can give you an STD.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It looks pretty, it’s shiny and has nice curves but it’s completely dead inside and void of any redeeming value.  Also, it can give you an STD.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Whichever one grows on my trees outside is best.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had apples ripened off the tree.  The stuff in stores is just green fruit.  Honeycrisp is just sour and boring, all of them are most of the time.  A tree-ripened Red Delicious beats a store Honeycrisp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Laughs in Red Delicious.
Fucking pathetic

Honeycrisp is the current king, opal is great, the cosmic will be cool to try when they’re widespread

But the red delicious?

Jesus Christ
Agreed...literally any apple choice is better than the Red Delicious.

Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]
No crab apple?
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Cox Orange Pippen is the best apple. Ashmed's Kernel is good too. Apples are easy to grow. Get yourself some imidan and some phosphoric acid. Spray when the apples are the size of a small marble. Spray two weeks later and your done. Best apple I've ever ate was a Tompkin's county King but the trees get fireblight very easy. If you guys are just into supermarket apples look around and visit a local orchard and try some REAL apples!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:12:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's actually not true of a properly ripened one.  I don't know how to explain it but they become less tart and almost starchy with large "grains".  They become very edible without excessive acidity.  I love them off the tree when I drive by them in the October main deer season.  The trees are mostly being torn out and lots of the orchards go unpicked so you can just drive up and ask to pick some.  Of course, same goes with any other varieties actually ripened.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Agreed.  
Genetically engineered food is the best food.

USDA article on the origin of the Honeycrisp apple - introduced into the market in 1991.  

The Cosmic is a modified Honeycrisp.  
View Quote
Enhanced. Not modified.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:19:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pink Lady. Honey Crisps always taste synthetic to me. Like an artificial flavor.
View Quote
My 5 year LTD daughter prefers Pink Ladies above all others.  Does not like honey crisp.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:21:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuji is where it's at, I also dig Pink Lady, Gala, and Braeburn.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:22:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
McIntosh.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#16]
OP is correct. Shut it down, we're done here.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Granny Smith green apples for me. All other apples are for apple sauce.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Just finished a Honeycrisp myself!
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I mostly buy Braeburn and Gala, but I like em all with the exception of Red Delicious. Glad to learn I’m not the only one who thinks they suck.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:27:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Pink Ladies and retractable roofs.
View Quote
I’m a fan of pink ladies. I’ve seen some of the cosmic crisp ones in the store but haven’t tried them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Granny Smith.  Zero contest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:28:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Macintosh are fantastic off the tree. They're not crisp but not mushy either. Quartlands Cortland are popular with orchards  here and were my favorite before honeycrisp and cosmic crisp.

I like Fuji, pink lady, jazz, sweet tango for other store bought.

If I found a genie lamp and got 3 wishes one would be to Thanos snap every red delicious tree from existence.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 12:42:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Sweet tango, envy, pink lady, honey crisp in that order.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fucking pathetic

But the red delicious?

Jesus Christ
View Quote
Red delicious is the Wonder bread of the apple world.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Laughs in Jazz
View Quote
Jazz is pretty tasty, that’s my pick
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Jonagold FTW
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 1:59:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Cortlands, and empires.

Honeycrisp are good, but fucking overpriced.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:24:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Red Delicious apples taste like stale wet laundry from a neglected assisted living home.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Red delicious are the bong water of apples.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:50:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Granny Smith or you're a communist
View Quote
Literally the worst of all the apples.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 2:53:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Asian pears are better than any apple though so this whole argument is for second place.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 3:59:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I've been a Fuji sort for the most part, but the HCs are good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Gala
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Asian pears are better than any apple though so this whole argument is for second place.
View Quote
I actually can't argue with this
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Jazz apples are my favs
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:26:07 AM EDT
[#36]
It is, but too expensive.
I will stick with Fuji
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:29:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Kanzi apples, followed by honey crisp. I don’t see them too often, and they ain’t cheap.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:38:33 AM EDT
[#38]
God, I don't know why I even bother with "you people".

Envy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 8:42:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Pink Lady and Fuji
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:14:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Go to an apple orchard and get your apples there.  Fresh is best.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:33:31 AM EDT
[#41]
The two best apples I ever ate were picked off a scraggly small tree beside an old strippen road on the side of the Buck Ridge in western Greenbrier County, WV on a fairly hot early October day.

We parked the truck, got out, loaded up the shot guns and I noticed that raggedy old tree had some apples hanging on it.  I picked a couple I could reach, put them in a pocket and started up the side of the ridge.

Eighteen years old, fairly good shape, I didn't mess around I just headed as straight up the side as I could to get to the top and find a good spot to sit down and wait on the squirrels to start moving when it got closer to evening/dark.

By the time I got to the top I was sweating my ass off and thirsty as hell.  I found an old fallen tree, sat down on it and pulled one of those apples out of my pocket and ate it,  DAMN!! it was good and juicy and seemed to be cool, too.  Tasted so good I pulled the second on out and ate it, too.

To this day, I remember those two apples as tasting the best of any I ever ate.  Grandma had several apple trees on the hill side above the creek behind her house and we ate those all the time as we played/worked around the house/garden/hill side.  But I really don't remember those like I do the only two I ever got off that little tree on the side of the Buck Ridge.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#42]
The best apple to me is any apple I pick that has ripened on the tree.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Fresh apples are the best. I live in Florida and can't find fresh and crisp apples.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The two best apples I ever ate were picked off a scraggly small tree beside an old strippen road on the side of the Buck Ridge in western Greenbrier County, WV on a fairly hot early October day.

We parked the truck, got out, loaded up the shot guns and I noticed that raggedy old tree had some apples hanging on it.  I picked a couple I could reach, put them in a pocket and started up the side of the ridge.

Eighteen years old, fairly good shape, I didn't mess around I just headed as straight up the side as I could to get to the top and find a good spot to sit down and wait on the squirrels to start moving when it got closer to evening/dark.

By the time I got to the top I was sweating my ass off and thirsty as hell.  I found an old fallen tree, sat down on it and pulled one of those apples out of my pocket and ate it,  DAMN!! it was good and juicy and seemed to be cool, too.  Tasted so good I pulled the second on out and ate it, too.

To this day, I remember those two apples as tasting the best of any I ever ate.  Grandma had several apple trees on the hill side above the creek behind her house and we ate those all the time as we played/worked around the house/garden/hill side.  But I really don't remember those like I do the only two I ever got off that little tree on the side of the Buck Ridge.
View Quote
There are some ugly ass heirlooms out there that taste better than anything in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#45]
If every apple I've tried, I would put Honeycrisp at #1.   I also like Granny Smith and Fujis.  I despise Red Delicious.....way too soft and grainy.

I have not tried Cosmic Crisp yet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I love apples.  Apples are the primary fruit I eat.  I love big apples, the kind that with a little peanut butter are basically meal sized.

I want to try one of these bad boys, the Twenty Ounce apple, an heirloom from the 1850s.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Damn dude, you're a poet of the mundane
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#48]
I'll take a Fuji over any other apple every time. Great for eating out of hand or in cider.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#49]
I used to love Fuji's but they have been mushy lately.  Publix sells Kiku apples, and they make my wife cream her pants.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Honeycrisp is absolutely the king of raw apples. Second would be the pink lady.

The honeycrisp is a genetically infused super Apple. Many EU Farmers were offered tax breaks to switch their orchards to the honey.
Page / 4
Top Top