Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/30/2011 4:00:27 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/29/texas-make-invasive-pat-downs-felony/?test=latestnews

"FORT WORTH, Texas –– A former Miss USA's claims of being groped during a pat-down at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport could be a felony under a bill gaining momentum in the Texas Legislature.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Sweet, this ought to stir the pot a little more.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Good.  FTSA and FBO.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 4:16:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Few things get my blood boiling as much as being required to submit to a patdown before flying home to see my wife.

Every time I'm tempted to refuse to let them touch with without articuable probable cause but I can't afford to get put on a list and not fly home to see my wife.  

I've also thought about requiring them to prove to me that anyone putting their hands on me is not a sex offender list.

F the TSA.  Seriously.  

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Sure beats dying b/c some jackass blew up the plane you were on.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am pretty sure that no one was ever detected with a bomb using pat downs.  It,s a feel good measure designed to make the average dumb ass feel better.  I have heard of a lot of guns, knives, etc making it through the checkpoint by mistake.  Fact is the only effective way to police airports is to use behavior profiling.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:31:40 AM EDT
[#5]
As far as i'm concerned, any area on me or near me is a "private area" for a complete stranger with a case of the graboids....

You know, the whole personal bubble thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:34:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Good for Texas. Now lets see them run a few undercover popo through the TSA line and perp march some of those fuckers out of the airport.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:36:06 AM EDT
[#7]
What if you pay them for the pat down?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:40:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So if you're ok with giving up your 4th amendment rights what other amendments are you willing to give up?  The simple fact of the matter is, and Janet Napolitano has admitted as such, that the TSA pat downs and other stupid policies have not nor would not have prevented a single attack.

The TSA is just a bloated government monster taking our freedoms and billing us for it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

It's about jobs, power, votes, contracts - not bombs.

I flew for 40 years without this crap - everything has risk.  To inflict the maximum damage a bomber only need be in line with hundreds at the airport - not at 30,000 feet with a fraction of those people.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Better check that tampon string...it could be a fuse.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:44:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:44:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I flew with in days of the new regs last november, and due to some metal inserts, I have to go thru pat downs when flying all the time..
I DID NOT know about the new regs before heading to the airport.
I WAS SHOCKED and told the guy doing it that I expected Dinner and Flowers next time,,
and got this look from him, I complained to a supervisor about the aggression of the pat down and got this look
I called after the third time it happened and found out about the new rules, I was steaming the whole time and told the girl on the phone
to FUCK Homeland security and FUCK Janet Napolitano, Eric Holder and Barak fucking Hussien Obama before hanging up.

I have driven from Texas to both New York and California and a few places in between since last November, I refuse to fly less its an emergency situation
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:45:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

I flew for 40 years without this crap - everything has risk.  To inflict the maximum damage a bomber only need be in line with hundreds at the airport - not at 30,000 feet with a fraction of those people.

This.  Change tactics.  Start randomly blowing up the lines of people waiting to go through airport security on heavy fly days - most of us have seen how packed people are at these times.  They don't have to blow up an aircraft to cause panic and "terror".  Plenty of other soft targets if they choose to use them.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:46:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

Amen.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:47:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:47:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

bullshit.

the Israelis have stopped bombers, hijackers and general jihad's for the last 30 years,

this is an assault on Americans, it is a "NUDGE" to get you into the cattle cars, if not you, your children or grandchildren,,
The Government of the USA is no long user friendly..
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#17]
All the technology the TSA tries put out there pretty much is a waste of money. I would have more faith in bomb sniffing dogs then the stupid pat down, x ray machines etc.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:55:28 AM EDT
[#18]
The Texas crew isn't going to be happy about this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:56:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

lol

In a well planned op, the guns/explosives will already be on the plane.

You are being groped for no good reason other than to make the sheep feel safe and to make politicians and bureaucrats seem as though they are "doing something."

The TSA is at least a step behind.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

DING DING DING.

We have a winner.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
We sued the federal government last year over this. Glad to see other states standing up for their rights too.

"“It is a huge victory for civil liberties that TSA agents no longer have free reign to conduct sweeping, baseless searches and detain passengers who don’t pose a threat to flight safety,” said Bierfeldt. “I do not believe I should give up my constitutional rights each time I choose to travel by plane, and I certainly do not want another innocent American to have to endure what I went through."

Who's the source on that quote?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:08:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'll take my chances.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:08:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Good luck flying out of Texas if you won't accept basic security procedures. Concerts ought to be real fun also and TX can kiss any Superbowl goodbye. I'm not saying I agree with TSA but some security measures are necessary.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Since this thread is useless without pics... Here's the delicious woman who was patted down.  I'd like to offer to give her an invasive pat down too...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:15:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty sure that no one was ever detected with a bomb using pat downs. It,s a feel good measure designed to make the average dumb ass feel better.  I have heard of a lot of guns, knives, etc making it through the checkpoint by mistake.  Fact is the only effective way to police airports is to use behavior profiling.

Somehow that wording on this topic made me lol.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I suggest the used gloves be tested to determine risks to public safety.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bullshit.

the Israelis have stopped bombers, hijackers and general jihad's for the last 30 years,
this is an assault on Americans, it is a "NUDGE" to get you into the cattle cars, if not you, your children or grandchildren,,

"The Government of the USA is no long user friendly" ...great line that sums up everything that is going on with the national level government. Mind if I use that as my new sig line?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:00:47 AM EDT
[#28]
None of these measures would have stopped the butt bomber, the one the media refers to as the underwear bomber.

Well unless TSA is going to start sticking their fingers up your ass.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Please point to some source, reference or even anecdote where the TSA has detected or stopped ANY terrorist activity. Passengers have been responsible for stopping every attempt since 9/11. TSA has detected and stopped nothing. The most they have accomplished is getting people like me to stop flying completely and waste millions of dollars on security theatre.

The simple fact is that TSA has created a choke point where large group HAVE to concentrate for an attack. It really is just a matter of time before someone exploits this fact to carry out a mass killing. After all anyone can walk into the non-secure part of the airport and walk right up to or even into the middle of the crowd waiting to go through security. Guess the answer to this is to just start searching everything and everyone as they enter the airport perimeter. Yeah, that'll work...

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:05:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
None of these measures would have stopped the butt bomber, the one the media refers to as the underwear bomber.

Well unless TSA is going to start sticking their fingers up your ass.

Not without buying me dinner first they aren't!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:06:48 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm against this BS of making every crime a felony.... A pat down even if invasive is not a serious crime.

I am against this,  I might for it if it was a misdemeanor.

The BS has got to stop.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:07:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Rep. Simpson is a good guy. He's a younger guy, new to politics. Beat a many year, do as little as possible, incumbent in the primaries. I've seen his name float by on several pro liberty bills.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Good for Texas. Now lets see them run a few undercover popo through the TSA line and perp march some of those fuckers out of the airport.

Airports are considered Federal jurisdiction. Local and state police have no jurisdiction.

State and local police would end up being arrested for even trying.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Airports are considered Federal jurisdiction. Local and state police have no jurisdiction.

State and local police would end up arrested.

Not so sure about that. Lots of smaller airports use local cops. The one here used to use a deputy not too long ago.

Now I doubt arresting a TSA worker for doing his job is going to fly, but you can bet the local cop can come in and arrest a disorderly person for theft or assault or whatever.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I travel a lot,  and I only remember local LEO outside the secure area, and TSA inside.

Could be wrong though
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Personally, I would like to see the Ranger's march every single federal employee to the border of Texas and tell them to get the fuck out and never come back.  
Texas

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:14:14 AM EDT
[#37]
TSA is really screwing up.  They should hire smoking hot babes, dress them up in tight fitting low cut police uniforms and have them do the searches.  It would be a win-win for all.  If she did a really good job, you could tip her.  These government goons just do not know how to go about getting things done.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny that Vegas Metro has a Substation in Mccarran so next time I'm there causing a disturbance I can tell them to FOAD
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

And, above all, and most important- conditioning. Especially of the children.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFW Airport is it's own city.  They have their own police force, they are cops, not feds.  The only thing that the TSA is responsible for is screening of passengers and luggage.  Check the armed cops walking around inside the terminals, patrolling outside the terminals and all the airport grounds. They are all local cops, not feds.   I have been flying in and out of DFW for 32 years, so I have seen them many many many times.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Since this thread is useless without pics... Here's the delicious woman who was patted down.  I'd like to offer to give her an invasive pat down too...
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/partypictures/2005/11_28_05/images/lucky/Susie-Castillo.jpg

OMFG she's hot.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I travel a lot,  and I only remember local LEO outside the secure area, and TSA inside.

Could be wrong though

Funny.  All I see is Atlanta PD LEOs working at Atlanta-Hartsfield.  

What federal LE agency do you see working at airports?  TSA is not LE.

ETA:  A former PD, I used to work for, are in charge of LE duties at a local airport too.  You could either request to be assigned or work OT at the airport.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

bullshit.

Less than 20 years ago but years before 9-11, my wife flew El Al to Israel.

To make a long story very short, their security is not something we could afford in commercial, for-profit air travel.  Government subsidies and low volume allow them to institute incredible security.  Their aircraft are even heavily modified.

My wife's experience getting on that plane was also far worse than anything TSA has come up with.  Her luggage had to be dropped off a few days before the flight at an El Al warehouse so it could be gone over with a fine tooth comb.  She was asked to arrive a number of hours before the flight (back when the average airline asked you to show up an hour (?) before the flight, none of this 2-3 hour BS).  She was pulled out of the terminal after screening and brought into a private room where two Israeli security guys (think military-types, not lowest-common-denominator TSA mouthbreathers), dogpiled her for hours.   They called the people she was staying with in Israel to check out her story and accused her of everything from being a bomber to smuggling bacon in her bunghole.  This went on for long enough that they held the plane at the gate a few minutes to get her on it.

Their security is more effective than ours, but it would be more socially onerous and would lead to either lightning fast bankruptcy of commercial air travel or ENORMOUS government subsidies to the industry.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#44]
The TSA agent grabbing your ballsack is not looking for weapons. You thought he was???? Nope, he just gets to grab your dick fo free. Enjoy the molestation.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be wrong though

Are you referring to me or who I quoted?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Could be wrong though

Not you.  You are cool.  Cool avatar too.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be wrong though

Not you.  You are cool.  Cool avatar too.

Back at ya
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:40:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Why stop there? Hell, the terrorists could be hiding bombs in their asses. How about full cavity searches for all passengers.

Dumbass....
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yeah, because pat downs are super effective and have stopped thousands of bombers in the last year .
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:45:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

Amen.

This.

We are one giant string of soft targets from coast to coast. If someone is bent on causing lots of harm, they're going to succeed. Locking down the airlines 100% will only push a determined person to a different venue.
If they were here trying to do it, it would be happening.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top