BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I flew for 40 years without this crap

Then:
No ID, cash transaction, nothing but polite interaction, ashtrays in the armrests, and being over served liquor by a good looking broad in an enticing outfit.

America .......... Fuck Yeah ........... !!!!

Now:
Not so much.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:58:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
None of these measures would have stopped the butt bomber, the one the media refers to as the underwear bomber.

Well unless TSA is going to start sticking their fingers up your ass.

Why fuck around with half measures?
A really determined psychopath could pack the orifices of a child with high explosives. TSA better start hiring welfare-to-work retards to finger children both ways. Just to be sure. Real security works on a zero-trust model.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for Texas. Now lets see them run a few undercover popo through the TSA line and perp march some of those fuckers out of the airport.

Airports are considered Federal jurisdiction. Local and state police have no jurisdiction.

State and local police would end up being arrested for even trying.

Worst case they wait until the sex offenders exit the airport to effect the arrests.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Personally, I would like to see the Ranger's march every single federal employee to the border of Texas and tell them to get the fuck out and never come back.  
Texas

Part of program to repatriate it to Mexico?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm against this BS of making every crime a felony.... A pat down even if invasive is not a serious crime.

I am against this,  I might for it if it was a misdemeanor.

The BS has got to stop.

No, I want jail time for those TSA assholes.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
None of these measures would have stopped the butt bomber, the one the media refers to as the underwear bomber.

Well unless TSA is going to start sticking their fingers up your ass.

Why fuck around with half measures?
A really determined psychopath could pack the orifices of a child with high explosives. TSA better start hiring welfare-to-work retards to finger children both ways. Just to be sure. Real security works on a zero-trust model.

LOL, I think I'd rather just do away with the "feel good" security measures.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
TSA is really screwing up.  They should hire smoking hot babes, dress them up in tight fitting low cut police uniforms and have them do the searches.  It would be a win-win for all.  If she did a really good job, you could tip her.  These government goons just do not know how to go about getting things done.

Someone embed this, please

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#8]
While I applaud the efforts of TX to address this, do we really need yet one more potential felony conviction on the books?  Graded levels of misdemeanor won't cut it?  Civil penalties attached?  Forcing policies which would affect employment to be affected upon conviction?  On that note, is ANYTHING not a felony these days aside from civil infractions?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#9]
All while Governor Goodhair is asking where our fed emergency assistance is.

ETA: not that I disagree with trying to unfuck the fucking we are getting from the TSA and DHS... But I'm just sayin'

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:51:05 AM EDT
[#10]
FUCK THE TSA

HELL YEAH, TEXAS!
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:05:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sure beats dying b/c some jackass blew up the plane you were on.

I'll take the chances of dying over some dude fondling my balls.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I fly alot. Last week I went thru security at 4 different airports.
I've been patted down once since all this started.
I've seen very few other people patted down.
Most people just go thru security and they're on their way to the gate.
The TSA people I see are professional and do their jobs well, if a bit slow sometimes.

Why do you guys have all these problems?
Is it just a "Texas" thing where you're all patted down whenever you fly?
I go thru HOU and DFW w/o any problems myself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Better to risk dieing as a free American - than live the rest of your life in Post-Freedom America where the United States Constitution (that masterpiece that separates the USA and its citizens from everywhere else) has been disrespectfully trampled for the profits of "security theater".

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Thats why I drive for work instead of flying. Company pays mileage, 8 hours for every 500 mile, and per diem. So the past year and a half I went from California to Maryland to Boston back to California to Philadelphia to Texas back to California. Now heading out to Atlanta. I always have the option to fly but I like the drive.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:50:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Please, feel free to relocate to another country.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 9:58:04 AM EDT
[#16]
We screwed up when we got away from flying DC3s from dirt fields.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:19:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I have read that there is a huge security issue with baggage and the employees who handle the baggage.

So...what good does it do to finger fuck passengers if it is relatively easy to put a bomb in the cargo hold?

ETA; I'm not so happy about the creation of another Felony Offense. There are too many laws that are "instant felony" for no good reason already.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

May your chains set lightly upon you...
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Better to risk dieing as a free American - than live the rest of your life in Post-Freedom America where the United States Constitution (that masterpiece that separates the USA and its citizens from everywhere else) has been disrespectfully trampled for the profits of "security theater".

The TSA annoys me as much as anyone, maybe even more than it should, but I don't see this as a global Constitutional crisis. The subject just doesn't have a tangible effect on my life, as it only applied to flying commercial. Is it ridiculous? Absolutely? But I generally have a choice when traveling and can choose to avoid it, and when I can't avoid it I am actually being paid to deal with it. Regardless, it isn't much to deal with. I have yet to be frisked and I fly several times a month for business. The only person I have seen frisked set off the metal detector several times and couldn't figure out why.

When this applies to the city bus, grocery stores or the state borders I will gladly fly off the handle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The TSA annoys me as much as anyone, maybe even more than it should, but I don't see this as a global Constitutional crisis. The subject just doesn't have a tangible effect on my life, as it only applied to flying commercial. Is it ridiculous? Absolutely? But I generally have a choice when traveling and can choose to avoid it, and when I can't avoid it I am actually being paid to deal with it. Regardless, it isn't much to deal with. I have yet to be frisked and I fly several times a month for business. The only person I have seen frisked set off the metal detector several times and couldn't figure out why.

When this applies to the city bus, grocery stores or the state borders I will gladly fly off the handle.

Would you be ok with the TSA groping your wife or kids?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

It's about jobs, power, votes, contracts - not bombs.

I flew for 40 years without this crap - everything has risk.  To inflict the maximum damage a bomber only need be in line with hundreds at the airport - not at 30,000 feet with a fraction of those people.

I swear, I wonder why more people don't understand the part in bold... They could do a LOT more damage being surrounded by hundreds or thousands of people than they ever could on a plane (assuming they simply blew up said plane and not used it like a missile).
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you be ok with the TSA groping your wife or kids?

Can you assure me it will happen?

FWIW, many of my business flights are charter. Much like taking your own plane out. No scans, checks, groping or ID issues. Unless you go cattle car, freedom is not dead.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

derp
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:45:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Exactly how many terrorist attacks have been stopped by the TSA in the entire span of its existence?

How many terrorist attempts made it past TSA but were stopped by passengers, flight crew, and/or air marshals?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

I flew for 40 years without this crap - everything has risk.  To inflict the maximum damage a bomber only need be in line with hundreds at the airport - not at 30,000 feet with a fraction of those people.

o

I swear, I wonder why more people don't understand the part in bold... They could do a LOT more damage being surrounded by hundreds or thousands of people than they ever could on a plane (assuming they simply blew up said plane and not used it like a missile).

Access to the plane makes either option available. Historically, plenty of attacks have occurred in terminals.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good for Texas. Now lets see them run a few undercover popo through the TSA line and perp march some of those fuckers out of the airport.

Airports are considered Federal jurisdiction. Local and state police have no jurisdiction.

Bloomberg had his own people conduct straw purchases and they didn't get arrested.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:48:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Actually no it does not.

Fuck you if you want my liberty for your perceived security.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#28]
As I read these threads and the inevitable responses I wonder how many of those who protest the loudest actually fly often and have real encounters with TSA. All of my encounters have been pleasant and I've been "patted down" before with no problems. My most recent trip through ATL the TSA agent greeted me with "What's up brotha" and then wished me a good flight.

Maybe I'm just too easy going or really lucky.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:51:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

o

Access to the plane makes either option available. Historically, plenty of attacks have occurred in terminals.

I remember thinking that the first time I flew with a gun... I was on the tram from the long-term garage to the baggage check-in area and thinking there was zero visible security anywhere besides cameras (big fuckin' deal) with hundreds of people around.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Explains why I saw Orlando PD guys at MCO last week.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither

I would sooner take the chance of some nut job getting a bomb on a plane than have me or my children fondled by some TSA loser every time we fly. I hope Texas passes this law and more states follow suit. The pat downs and x-rays are a good example of government gone too far.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Good luck flying out of Texas if you won't accept basic security procedures. Concerts ought to be real fun also and TX can kiss any Superbowl goodbye. I'm not saying I agree with TSA but some security measures are necessary.

Basic security procedures are not being subjected to molestation and nude photography by TSA goons. As a human being I expect to be treated with a certain amount of dignity and respect by my government. Fuck the TSA! I hope they all find themselves out of a job in the near future.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Presently, American Airlines has lost 4 seats since this TSA nonsense started.  If it's not ended soon - the number will be up to 8 in June.  Those seats represent ones we have filled annually for 6 or more years straight.

I don't just sit behind a keyboard and say I'm not flying - my wife and I have indeed stopped flying.  It's optional for us, recreational, discretionary - and we'll not be blown up standing in line, nor dosed with non-medically necessary radiation, nor inappropriately touched by idiots who spread legs and germs with dirty gloves - nor assumed to be criminals worthy of such treatment.  We're not the types to be silenced at airports from fear of TSA - we'd say things, the things TSA doesn't want mentioned, and the things TSA has said they'd punish.

To us, TSA is either a short term result of bad decisions - or the end of air transportation as we knew it.  If we never fly again - it's purely because of TSA's nonsense.  If American Airlines wants our business, they'll help get TSA removed from airports.

We've survived approximately 100+ flights without help from TSA, we may miss flying - but it's all or nothing and our rights are not negotiable.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:30:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Presently, American Airlines has lost 4 seats since this TSA nonsense started.  If it's not ended soon - the number will be up to 8 in June.  Those seats represent ones we have filled annually for 6 or more years straight.

I don't just sit behind a keyboard and say I'm not flying - my wife and I have indeed stopped flying.  It's optional for us, recreational, discretionary - and we'll not be blown up standing in line, nor dosed with non-medically necessary radiation, nor inappropriately touched by idiots who spread legs and germs with dirty gloves - nor assumed to be criminals worthy of such treatment.  We're not the types to be silenced at airports from fear of TSA - we'd say things, the things TSA doesn't want mentioned, and the things TSA has said they'd punish.

To us, TSA is either a short term result of bad decisions - or the end of air transportation as we knew it.  If we never fly again - it's purely because of TSA's nonsense.  If American Airlines wants our business, they'll help get TSA removed from airports.

We've survived approximately 100+ flights without help from TSA, we may miss flying - but it's all or nothing and our rights are not negotiable.

The fiance and I have also completely stopped flying.

It sucks having to drive everywhere but I will not have my rights violated for a little convenience.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I fly alot. Last week I went thru security at 4 different airports.
I've been patted down once since all this started.
I've seen very few other people patted down.
Most people just go thru security and they're on their way to the gate.
The TSA people I see are professional and do their jobs well, if a bit slow sometimes.

Why do you guys have all these problems?
Is it just a "Texas" thing where you're all patted down whenever you fly?
I go thru HOU and DFW w/o any problems myself.

Clearly fondling peoples' balls is not necessary for security, then.  This begs the question, why subject anyone to having their balls fondled at all?
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

We sued the federal government last year over this. Glad to see other states standing up for their rights too.

""It is a huge victory for civil liberties that TSA agents no longer have free reign to conduct sweeping, baseless searches and detain passengers who don’t pose a threat to flight safety,” said Bierfeldt. "I do not believe I should give up my constitutional rights each time I choose to travel by plane, and I certainly do not want another innocent American to have to endure what I went through."

Let's add another chalk mark on the positive side of the board for California.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 11:51:14 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

This.  Change tactics.  Start randomly blowing up the lines of people waiting to go through airport security on heavy fly days - most of us have seen how packed people are at these times.  They don't have to blow up an aircraft to cause panic and "terror".  Plenty of other soft targets if they choose to use them.

Nooooooooooooo!!  Not.... logic.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]
I am really really shocked that a Moscow Airport style attack hasn't happened in the US.  Especially at an airport like Atlanta, where every single person is in a huge group waiting to go down an escalator.

Knock on Wood......
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

This.  Change tactics.  Start randomly blowing up the lines of people waiting to go through airport security on heavy fly days - most of us have seen how packed people are at these times.  They don't have to blow up an aircraft to cause panic and "terror".  Plenty of other soft targets if they choose to use them.

Nooooooooooooo!!  Not.... logic.  

Old news.  Since it really is old news, how would target selection be affected by present airport security measures, both in public access areas and beyond security checkpoints?  Bear in mind that I'm not attempting to defend any point of view, just highlighting the complexities of mitigating risk in CT scenarios.  How is the targeting of airport lobbies comparing to the acquisition of aircraft in terms of frequency and effect?  Any solutions?

For reference:  CARVER

Examples
This year
Another Avenue
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is total BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFW Airport is it's own city.  They have their own police force, they are cops, not feds.  The only thing that the TSA is responsible for is screening of passengers and luggage.  Check the armed cops walking around inside the terminals, patrolling outside the terminals and all the airport grounds. They are all local cops, not feds.   I have been flying in and out of DFW for 32 years, so I have seen them many many many times.

That's true BUT arresting federal officers (or employees) for federally sanctioned official actions is not something that is going to fly with the federal government, and would violate the supremacy clause. If they were to charge anyone, I guarantee you the USA's office would have everything resolved very quick.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A few months ago TSA was molesting school kids getting OFF the train in Atlanta.

http://riffenberg.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/tsa-expands-groping-to-bus-stations/

So, when do you get pissed off?  I'm pissed off now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#41]
First of all the TSA is not doing pat-downs what they are doing is called custody searches, big difference.  Start using the term, custody search, instead of using pat-down.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A few months ago TSA was molesting school kids getting OFF the train in Atlanta.

http://riffenberg.wordpress.com/2010/12/02/tsa-expands-groping-to-bus-stations/

So, when do you get pissed off?  I'm pissed off now.

What am I missing, because I see nothing in the article approaching that kind of specificity, nor do I see trains being an issue discussed there.  Aside from pointing out that Napolitano is a despot seeking to control more than she already does (i.e., the Greyhound silliness), my reaction to that article is pretty bland.  It's tone does absolutely nothing for me.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

First of all the TSA is not doing pat-downs what they are doing is called custody searches, big difference.  Start using the term, custody search, instead of using pat-down.

Actually, call it whatever you wish - we still know it's "groping".

Regarding your term "custody search" - what warrants the traveler to be in "custody"?  Is it that "buying a ticket thing" that makes you an instant suspect?  to then be taken into custody... and searched?

Where does our 4th amendment rights end?  at ticket purchase?  at the entrance to the airport?  at the gate?

ETA - and when do we regain our rights?  upon landing? exiting the airport?  People would like to know these things.

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Just as long as you understand that not everyone gets a custody search by default, nor does everyone get a body scan.  I'm not clapping my hands in approval, just making the point.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:16:14 PM EDT
[#45]
I just showed my wife this.  She flies every week for work.  She said that she has not once had a pat down from the tsa.  But she did say that she might like it, after being on the road for a week.  
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:18:17 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

DING DING DING.

We have a winner.

+1

To those that still argue about this and support the TSA, let me just ask: Ever play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take that risk.

DING DING DING.

We have a winner.

+1

To those that still argue about this and support the TSA, let me just ask: Ever play Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?

I posted about this above.  It probably won't receive much thought.

I'm not a TSA supporter, but I'm interested in understanding how people view the weighted risks and mitigating factors involved in secure and non-secure areas as they apply to the payoff in terrorist attacks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You can't be serious

Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:40:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Personally, I would like to see the Ranger's march every single federal employee to the border of Texas and tell them to get the fuck out and never come back.  
Texas

Part of program to repatriate it to Mexico?

Most states in the Union should secede.  
Texas is already sending more than their fair share of sons to defend America - they could easily defend themselves from a third-world hellhole.  As could any state in Appalachia - such as West Virginia which has the highest veteran population per capita.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Who is Texas Bill, and why does he make the law?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top