Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/20/2016 2:23:04 AM EDT
Ted Cruz Gets Meeting With Ben Carson, Man To Man in Closet At CR Meeting In South Carolina To Discuss Dirty Tricks Allegations. Meeting Does Not End As Cruz Hoped.

ByKATHERINE KRUEGERPublishedFEBRUARY 19, 2016, 5:24 PM EST 10762 Views
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) and Ben Carson walked into a closet in South Carolina on Thursday night.

That’s not a joke.

The two Republican candidates for president convened for a mano-a-mano meeting in an actual closet in an attempt to smooth over Carson's allegations of "dirty tricks" on the night of the Iowa caucuses, according to a report from The Daily Beast,

But the meeting called by Cruz apparently didn't go well, and ended with Carson concluding the two men would just have to "agree to disagree."

The men spoke for nearly a half hour, according to an unnamed Republican operative who saw the meeting, which ran over into Carson's allotted speaking time at the Conservative Review convention. An unnamed source close to Carson’s campaign told The Daily Beast that Carson had agreed to a 5-minute, off-the-record meeting before the convention.

The Carson campaign also blamed Cruz’s camp for leaking confirmation of the meeting to the media, and Carson spokesman Jason Osborne suggested the leak was a calculated attempt to repair Cruz’s image.

more at link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I posted repeated, Iowa was a Pyrrhic Victory for Ted Cruz and the fall out continues. Allegations of Dirty Tricks follow him to South Carolina, his one on one with Carson did not get him what he wanted and changed Carson view of him none at all. Further the bullshit in Iowa likely means that when Carson withdraws it is unlikely he will endorse Ted Cruz.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:26:40 AM EDT
[#1]
is this why Carson is now suing over Cruz's citizenship?

Lost a huge chunk of respect over that one. Who is he? The Donald?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Carson was never relevant. Can this election season just be over with?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:29:22 AM EDT
[#3]
only thing i took frpm thos is thaT ted cruz and ben carson are in the closet
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:31:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Stop me if you've heard this one

So, a black doctor and a canadian lawyer go into a closet....
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Why did the 5 minute meeting last 30?  

Neither man wanted to be the first to come out of the closet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:46:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why did the 5 minute meeting last 30?  

Neither man wanted to be the first to come out of the closet.
View Quote

Because Ted needs Carson to say something in public that will blunt the attacks against Ted for being a liar. Apparently 5 minutes was not enough and 30 didn't help either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Cruz will be the next President of the United States.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:21:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

And instead of beer summits.... He will have mop bucket brokering?

"Hey I'm trying to be the leader of the free world... Walk over here into this closet for a meeting" pure genius.....
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not if he keeps screwing himself with stupid decisions and campaign antics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

"Hey I'm trying to be the leader of the free world... Walk over here into this closet for a meeting" pure genius.....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It actually sounds like a desperate move.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#12]
If it wasn't for Cruz's dirty tricks Carson would have won Iowa and NH and would be leading in every poll everywhere.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If it wasn't for Cruz's dirty tricks Carson would have won Iowa and NH and would be leading in every poll everywhere.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Carson shouldn't have run. Why is this an issue? Cruz was right to try and knock him out of the race.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
South Carolina is supposedly notorious for dirty campaigns, I doubt anyone cares about the Cruz sucker punch in Iowa
View Quote

It also has a large highly religious voter base. Ben Carson is an acknowledged Christian and thought to be a decent man by many Christians. Cruz is desperate to get that group to the polls to vote for him. Having Carson out talking about underhanded or unseemly behavior by Cruz against himself does not make it palatable for a lot of Christians to vote for a guy that is behaving just like any other dirty old politician. Then after SC there are a number of other states with large groups of Christians that Cruz will want to tap into to get votes. Cruz needs Carson to stop talking about Iowa and get out of the race and hopefully endorse him, instead of either endorsing Trump or given no endorsement.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:08:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Where was Rubio?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where was Rubio?
View Quote

In a bathroom stall with a "wide stance"...
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 6:38:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Where was Rubio?
View Quote

Meeting with Mitch Mconnel,  Paul Ryan and Obama to pick the next SCOTUS appointee.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

ROFLMBO
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#22]
carson is a wimp
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where was Rubio?

Nah, he was also in a closet, but at a foam party.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:19:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Wonder what Cruz offered to bribe Carson with?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Where was Rubio?
View Quote

He still hasn't come out out of the closet.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:36:30 AM EDT
[#26]
If Carson is suing its because Cruz is not a natural born Citizen.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It also has a large highly religious voter base. Ben Carson is an acknowledged Christian and thought to be a decent man by many Christians. Cruz is desperate to get that group to the polls to vote for him. Having Carson out talking about underhanded or unseemly behavior by Cruz against himself does not make it palatable for a lot of Christians to vote for a guy that is behaving just like any other dirty old politician. Then after SC there are a number of other states with large groups of Christians that Cruz will want to tap into to get votes. Cruz needs Carson to stop talking about Iowa and get out of the race and hopefully endorse him, instead of either endorsing Trump or given no endorsement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
South Carolina is supposedly notorious for dirty campaigns, I doubt anyone cares about the Cruz sucker punch in Iowa

South Carolina is a also a primarily Southern Baptist state.  Many, many people here don't take Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, or other denominations seriously as "Christians".  If they did, Carson would be doing much better here.

I am surprised that Trump is doing so well here, even among Evangelicals, after the public profanity.  In any previous election cycle, that would have been political suicide.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:40:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

So true....oh, wait.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

South Carolina is a also a primarily Southern Baptist state.  Many, many people here don't take Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, or other denominations seriously as "Christians".  If they did, Carson would be doing much better here.

I am surprised that Trump is doing so well here, even among Evangelicals, after the public profanity.  In any previous election cycle, that would have been political suicide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody hates the establishment party more than anything else. PARTYe.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cruz's Slimeballs antics against Carson were intended to help him against candidates other than Carson.

When a politician runs on his ethics; it's helpful to him for his campaign to display some actual ethics.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:42:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Jesus Christ..........does anyone who gets to know Cruz ever like him!!??
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Surgeon General...or...

Quoted:

Carson is doing this to keep his name in the papers.  I believe Carson, like Kasich, has been angling for a VP slot from the start.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:45:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes; Goldman Sachs likes him.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where was Rubio?

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...and the Goldman Sachs boogeyman makes yet another appearance

Did a bank deny you a loan or something.

I wouldn't think that would be an issue for you now that you have a second source of income
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Stop me if you've heard this one

So, a black doctor and a canadian lawyer go into a closet....
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:52:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I wouldn't think that would be an issue for you now that you have a second source of income
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:52:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't you have an Occupy Wall Street rally you need to be at?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Evidently not. Carson strikes me as the type of person that would get along with anyone if he was met even a quarter of the way.

It seems everyone Cruz meets and has to spend much time with him goes away with a less than favorable impression of the man's character.

In short he's a ass-hole, and a particularly nasty breed of ass-hole to boot.

Hell even Bob Dole hates him and I did not think it possible for Bob Dole to hate anyone.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:13:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Evidently not. Carson strikes me as the type of person that would get along with anyone if he was met even a quarter of the way.

It seems everyone Cruz meets and has to spend much time with him goes away with a less than favorable impression of the man's character.

Hell even Bob Dole hates him and I did not think it possible for Bob Dole to hate anyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I suppose Trump is humble, swell, all round great guy.  And certainly not a smug asshole.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Carson is suing because he's a poor loser....
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:16:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Am I in before tcrpe?  Man, he's starting to slip.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

And I suppose Trump is humble, swell, all round great guy.  And certainly not a smug asshole.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#45]
The reason why it took so long was because Carson kept falling asleep.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Carson was never relevant.
Can this election season just be over with?
View Quote

Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure he's a ass-hole but I suspect he would be OK to be around at dinner or some such.

More than a few minutes with Cruz seems to make everyone that has to suffer through it want to punch him in the face.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Ted's looking for that Bernie / Hillary moment when Ben comes out says:  "Enough already about your damn lying allegations."
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Sure he's a ass-hole but I suspect he would be OK to be around at dinner or some such.

More than a few minutes with Cruz seems to make everyone that has to suffer through it want to punch him in the face.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cruz has been trying to tear down the establishment for years now. Is it any surprise that people within said establishment don't like him?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top