Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/23/2016 10:15:54 PM EDT
Looking for other opinions...wife thinks Im being an A-hole about this.
Story:
I had a bunch of older used holsters to unload for a friend that retired from LE. Listed about 10 of them. Had a buyer win a Glock 21/20 Safariland SSIII. The guy waits 6 days and then asks me if it fits a gen4 Glock 21. This is probably something he should have asked during the 7 days it was listed but hey, I had a couple minutes so I looked it up on the Safariland website and looks like he is GTG. Tell him so and expect payment. i have sent two invoices already. Buyer says he is waiting for payday and will pay on Friday. Sunday comes along and nothing so i relist it. Late Sunday night he actually pays so i pull the relist with every intention to send it out. It has been 12 days now since the auction ended. The next morning, I start getting messages asking when I'm going to ship. It has been about 12 hours since he paid. Im busy, so i don't answer right away. My auctions state I will ship within 2 days and I would have. The messages continue and then the guy accuses me of running a scam. This is after about an hour from him starting. I have over 750 positive 100% feedback. After about 5 messages I have had enough and tell send him the following:

Hello sir,

There occasionally comes a time when as a small business owner that you have to "fire" customers. This is one of them. You won this auction February 9th. You contact me on the 16th and ask if it will fit a certain generation of gun. I take my time and look it up on the manufacture website and find out it does. Then you ask to pay a few more days later until you get paid which was supposedly this past Friday. You don't pay until Sunday evening when I had already given up on you and relisted the holster. Now less then one day later you are blowing up my messages and accuse ME of playing games?

No, I will not be shipping this today. Nor tomorrow. Not ever.

Actually I will be refunding your money when I get to it. Please don't bid on any more of my auctions.

The guy goes on a tirade and immediately gives me negative feedback and opens up a case against me thru eBay. I have until the 25th to respond and I plan on waiting until the last second before I take any action. he has messaged me about 10 times asking for his money back and being a general dick.
I will refund the money, but the constant pestering after less then 12 hours after he waiting 12 freakin days to pay pissed me off. Wife says Im being an A-hole and I should refund asap.

TLDR:
Guy wins ebay auction and waits 12 days to pay, then is a pestering douche after less then a day wanting it shipped ASAP. I tell him no, he opens complaint and gives negative feedback. Im holding the cash until the last minute. Wife thinks im an Ahole.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
He will win. You will lose. Hopefully, somebody learns a lesson about "selling" on Ebay.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Not an asshole. Fuck that guy
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Just pay him back and move on with your life.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Not an asshole the bidder is however.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Yay Ebay!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]

No, you're not an a-hole.

Unfortunately, eBay is not known for siding with sellers in any kind of dispute these days.

I sincerely wish you luck.

Nick
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck that piece of shit as many ways as you can before you have to give his money back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I would have refunded his money right before sending the message. Other than that, I think you have been more than reasonable.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:22:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd say that he must be a Bernie supporter with that level of entitlement, but the purchase for a Glock accessory does not compute in this equation...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  You owe him either the money or the holster.  You don't want to be in a position to owe this guy anything.  Be the adult in the situation and refund him, then move on.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Your not being an asshole, but on ebay the buyer is ALWAYS right, no matter what, so your going to get screwed. I used to use eBay way back in the day I will never touch that fucked up site again. Also the owners of eBay and PayPal are very anti second amendment
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:26:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I 've never sold on ebay, but doesn't the feedback process work both ways?  Don't you have the ability to leave feedback on the disgruntled customer?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck that guy and fuck eBay.

I just went through a similar thing with a bad buyer. 13 YEARS of 100% positive feedback and some mental leaves me negative feedback without ever even contacting me. I called eBay and they told me that they don't remove negative feedback, even without any evidence of what the buyer is claiming.

I closed my account and I'll never use their bullshit site again. So basically OP you are stuck with that negative feedback even though you did nothing wrong.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I 've never sold on ebay, but doesn't the feedback process work both ways?  Don't you have the ability to leave feedback on the disgruntled customer?
View Quote

Nope. Positive feedback only from seller to buyer. Seriously.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#15]
just mail the guy the holster within the time frame you listed on the listing. make sure you have a tracking number and make the dbag sign for it
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Mail him a brick with a scrap of paper rubber-banded to it. On this scrap of paper write "holster."
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:28:42 PM EDT
[#17]

What you need to do is set your preferences so that eBay automatically opens a non paying bidder case on unpaid items. The case will open at the end of the 4th day, the buyer then has 4 additional days to pay. If they do not, they supposedly get a non payment strike, you get fees back, and they CANNOT leave any feedback at all for the transaction. Sounds like in this instance that would have helped you greatly, and wouldn't have ended with a negative.

As for the asshole in the situation, it's not you. If the negative bothers you enough, and you have some spare time you can fight it. The best way though is to keep calling until you get a U.S. based rep. You get one of the outsourced twat waffles, and you'll go insane with their form letter responses and inability to help you even though they say they can.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:29:09 PM EDT
[#19]
What is he going to get screwed out of other than the feedback?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#20]
This is the exact reason I have zero interest in selling stuff on eBay anymore...
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Without sellers, eBay is nothing.  Yet they have it backwards and jump to the buyer's defense.  You'll lose.

I had a non-paying bidder.  Filed the claim.  They still charged me the final value fee.  Took 30 minutes on the phone with an Indian before I could get the charge refunded.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#22]
You ARE being an asshole.
He deserves every bit of it.
Good job.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
fuck him, mail it to him, adult signature required
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I have not had any issues as a seller..I know I am lucky..only ever had one issue as a buyer. Seller stated that he would ship in three business days...two weeks later still no word. Three weeks I get a reply..will ship out tomorrow..another week still no ship. I get excuses so I leave negative feedback..seller comes unglued..starts running me down as a newbie buyer with 150 transactions and 100% feedback... I paid at the end of the auction as I always do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Shit in the holster, then ship it to him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You ARE being an asshole.
He deserves every bit of it.
Good job.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Be the bigger man about the situation, pay the guy his money back and move on. Not an A-hole!
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Op, you are getting the negative.
Make that fucker sweat and wait it out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:38:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Yeah, I stopped selling on eBay about 4 or 5 years ago.  Just got to be to big of a hassle with buyers scamming you and there not being a thing you could do about it as a seller.  At my peak I was grossing $100k+ a year in sales on there but even then they would never side with me.  Had several buyers even say they got empty boxes or never got an item and ebay would refund them and I was out the item and money.  Not only that but you have to use Paypal with ebay as well which is another scam in itself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:39:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck that guy, and who gives a shit about 1 negative  ebay feedback. Everyone knows it's a bullshit system anyway.... Leave him a custom positive feedback response with a nice fuck u message..
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, you are being an a-hole. Refund his money and stop acting like a child.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#33]
F5F5F5
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:40:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Send the money back. The buyer has already proven they are scum, and if you ship they can play all sorts of other games.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey, OP, in EE you only have about 20 minutes to respond before the purses start swinging.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#36]
OP, you definitely got a flake. But, you should have reported him to ebay as a non-paying bidder before relisting the holster. I just got through dealing with a dead beat on one of my ebay auctions. Reported him as non-pay, waited a few days while ebay does there thing, then got the notification that my fees were being refunded and OK to re-list.

Unfortunately, in your scenario, they are going to side with the dead beat buyer. I would cut my losses, refund the money, then send a request to ebay about removing the unwarranted negative feedback. They can remove it, but you have to explain what happened using your message/invoice trail. I had one removed a couple of years ago that a similar head case left on one of my auctions. Good luck.

edit to add, Remember to block this guy so he cannot bid on any of your other auctions. If I get a non-payer or other problem bidder, they get blocked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mail him a brick with a scrap of paper rubber-banded to it. On this scrap of paper write "holster."
View Quote

Hope it fits.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, forward any and all correspondence to ebay with your dispute.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#39]
NOT an asshole, fuck that douchebag motherfucker.
And tell your missus to butt out and go make you a sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Ebay Hates Sellers.  

Enjoy your bad feedback.  Hope sticking to your guns over property that you weren't even invested in was worth it.

You should have filed a non-paying bidder report through EBay - but instead you went ahead and fucked yourself.

That being said -

I completely agree with the OP.  But it's just not how EBay works.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He will win. You will lose. Hopefully, somebody learns a lesson about "selling" on Ebay.
View Quote

This is true, BUT - I would have reacted just like you, and I dont feel like you were being an asshole in the slightest.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#42]
You are in the right, but you handled it wrong. Should have opened a non-paying bidder case and let eBay handle it for you. Less drama, your feedback is protected.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:08:04 PM EDT
[#43]
I had a similar situation with a member here on the ee. i refunded his money and told him to never contact me. I listed something else a few weeks later and this idiot contacted me trying to buy what i had just listed. I have him on ignore now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You are in the right, but you handled it wrong. Should have opened a non-paying bidder case and let eBay handle it for you. Less drama, your feedback is protected.
View Quote

I do this as soon as ebay lets you do it. Ebay is my last resort for selling something. Most of the stuff i put on there goes in the trash if it doesnt sell.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Doesn't matter, he's the buyer... you're going to get eFucked.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Ohh I have every intention on refunding his money. Just plan on waiting until the last second that eBay gives me to respond. I would have done it that day if he hadn't been a douche and gave me a negative before I could even respond to him.
I rarely sell in there anymore anyway. Ohh and it's a new thing that you can actually give buyer feedback that eBay only reviews. Doubt it will do anything.

I guess off to the EE with the second batch!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Your not being an asshole, but on ebay the buyer is ALWAYS right, no matter what, so your going to get screwed. I used to use eBay way back in the day I will never touch that fucked up site again. Also the owners of eBay and PayPal are very anti second amendment
View Quote

That not true. I bought an Ipad mini once and never received it . Got screwed because USPS said delivered with tracking. So I say send  him something else that's worthless.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:30:23 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

This right here.  I open a non paying bidder case at the first possible moment ebay allows it.  The way you did it OP, not opening the case and relisting without it, makes you look like the bad guy.  

Refund him and petition ebay to remove the negative.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Screen name of the buyer?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top