Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 4:32:56 AM EST
Thank you all for supporting us in IRAQ. As a SSG in the army seeing what I see, when people send my soldiers and other soldiers mail, it makes me feel good inside knowing that America is backing our boys up. Thank you all
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:33:35 AM EST
Stupid question...

HOW does one send care packages to the troops in Iraq??
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:44:00 AM EST
if you know someone it is that much easier. But if your not, then you can go to operation reach out america, the red cross, these people can give you names or units, address, things like.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:48:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By bigcountryin_tx:
if you know someone it is that much easier. But if your not, then you can go to operation reach out america, the red cross, these people can give you names or units, address, things like.

Cool thanks!! A few other questions if I may....

How much is postage to ship way the hell over there?
Can I just drop it off at the USPS or do I need to drop it off somewhere special like?
Do senders occasioanlly recieve thank you cards from the sendee's?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:54:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By Specop_007:

Cool thanks!! A few other questions if I may....

How much is postage to ship way the hell over there?
Can I just drop it off at the USPS or do I need to drop it off somewhere special like?
Do senders occasioanlly recieve thank you cards from the sendee's?

You are actually shiiping it to NY, so it costs the same as a shipment there... not much at all. Take it to any post office. You will need to fill out a customs form they can explain it to you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:18:19 AM EST
i got an apo adress from a soldier and just sent a package to him in iraq, he got it, no special anything, they asked what was in the box, no big deal
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:02:02 PM EST
welcome aboard, fuckhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad to see the backdoor worked (the military, in all its wisdom was blocking ar15.com because it was weapons related, HELLO but apparently jobrelatedstuff.com did the trick)

well, since Mike (i.e. SSG. Gibson) is probably out sending insurgents to their 72 virgins i shall take the reins of this thread. he's 1st cav 1/12 stationed outside of baghdad for the past 7 months

if you want somebody to send a package to go find the "operation adopt a platoon" thread

now say hello, assholes, new arfcom member and one of our boys over there in the sandbox!!!!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:14:02 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:19:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:21:38 PM EST

Thank you all for supporting us in IRAQ. As a SSG in the army seeing what I see, when people send my soldiers and other soldiers mail, it makes me feel good inside knowing that America is backing our boys up. Thank you all

no.... Thank YOU!
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:22:00 PM EST
I have just started to send care packages to a buddy over there. What would be the number one thing you would ask for?
NoKarma.
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:22:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:26:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:

Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
welcome aboard, fuckhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glad to see the backdoor worked (the military, in all its wisdom was blocking ar15.com because it was weapons related, HELLO but apparently jobrelatedstuff.com did the trick)

well, since Mike (i.e. SSG. Gibson) is probably out sending insurgents to their 72 virgins i shall take the reins of this thread. he's 1st cav 1/12 stationed outside of baghdad for the past 7 months

if you want somebody to send a package to go find the "operation adopt a platoon" thread

now say hello, assholes, new arfcom member and one of our boys over there in the sandbox!!!!

They better be your friends Tex (the way you are talking to them) ,or I will force feed you tap water ...........................instead of beer at Gunstock in October!

Sargent Gibson,take care and tell your men,they have OUR support and appreciation.

Stay safe!

could be worse......................perrier comes to mind
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:35:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By NoKarma:
I have just started to send care packages to a buddy over there. What would be the number one thing you would ask for?
NoKarma.

when mike was down on leave we went to sams club and he picked up:

copenhagen
marlboro lights
tuna fish meal kits
double A batteries
coffee
beef jerky
beef stew
cajun seasoning
jalapenos
louisiana hot sauce
gatorade mix
rolaids
trail mix
sunflower seeds
smoked oysters
breath mints

and a bunch more shit i've forgotten about. that ought to give you an idea of where to start anyway
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 4:42:59 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:00:09 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:02:00 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:07:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:10:54 PM EST
Welcome aboard and Thank You!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:21:30 PM EST
Everything that you would need to have to send your support is listed in this thread here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=244910&page=1
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:29:57 PM EST
Hello and Welcome to arfcom Give'um Hell Guy's
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:54:34 PM EST
God bless ya, gave some cash to a friend to bulk up his care package that was sent out 2 months ago... we need to work on a new one... thanks for the kick in the ass to do it!

And welcome!

- BUCC_Guy
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:38:56 PM EST
My unit is just young men. One of the NCOs tried emailing sororities in order to get care packages or letters for the lads from cute, young girls. Hasn't had too much success yet.

Any recommendations?

NTM
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 7:53:15 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 11:10:17 PM EST
Hey all, thanks very much for all the responses. It is like a really big family in here. Just whated to say thank all of ya'll. And Texrdnec, anytime you want lessons in drinking, well, you got my number.hug.gif
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:57:47 AM EST
i don't know if at 10MPG i have enough gas money to get to iraq though

the drinking lessons are just gonna have to wait until you get back or i get deported, whichever comes first!
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:50:40 PM EST
Hey Gibson,

glad to see you online. I plan on sending out another batch of goodies soon. Any special requests for incoming packages?

My cousin is now at Al Asad with the USMC. He is a crew chief on a '53, and will be there until April or longer. He may be providing you guys support at some point!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 2:00:10 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:19:30 AM EST
This is part of an email I just got from my cousin today:

as far as an update on myself, I'm in Iraq right now. this place isnt as
bad as it seems. as far as i know, the base i'm on (Al Asad) is a luxury
hotel of military bases in Iraq. The weather is alot cooler here, unlike
the unbearable Kuwait weather. it actually gets cold at night.

appreciate the help. i'm putting the gear you sent me to good use, just to
let you know. especially the tac sling. i'd be miserable without it.

-chris

Just more proof that the goodies we send make a big impact on morale!
Top Top