Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2012 12:51:49 PM EDT
I got a Bacon Cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions , grilled mushrooms and BBq sauce.

I give it a B.

It was tasty and is much better than about every other "fast food" type burger; I think In-n-out is in the same class. I do not however, think the burger is worth the price-$6.75 with tax. If I were to have ordered even a small fry with the burger, it would have pushed into the price range of a decent mid level sit down type place. I also think for the money, they use cheap cheese. It tasted like a Kraft single to me.

Pretty good, but not up to the hype.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Better than Whataburger?

I think NOT.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Better than Whataburger?

I think NOT.

Never been there. If I do ever go there, I will certinly compare it to INO and 5 guys.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
In before the 5 guys fanboys and their incessant drivel about how good it is.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 12:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped at a 5 guys once to use the bathroom.  Never ate there.

I'll have to try it some time.  I like Culvers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Better than Whataburger?

I think NOT.

Whataburger ain't all that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've eaten there twice.  First time was great, but I was hungry and the rotting ass of a camel would have been good.  Second time, not bad but not great.

Wendy's W is just as good.  And cheaper.

Five Guys could charge less for burgers if they would take it easy on fry portions.  I've thrown away half the small order each time I've been there.  And that's with two people eating on them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not a "fanboy" but I think they make a damn good burger and I do eat there several times a year.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:03:27 PM EDT
[#8]
5 guys huh?

Burger gangbang..........that wasn't mayo.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:04:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I've eaten there twice.  First time was great, but I was hungry and the rotting ass of a camel would have been good.  Second time, not bad but not great.

Wendy's W is just as good.  And cheaper.

Five Guys could charge less for burgers if they would take it easy on fry portions.  I've thrown away half the small order each time I've been there.  And that's with two people eating on them.

I agree.  5 Guys might be a hair better, but not much.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm starting to enjoy Jake's Wayback better

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a "fanboy" but I think they make a damn good burger and I do eat there several times a year.
I've eaten at one. It was pretty good, I'll admit. However, it was super expensive, and there are several other places, both local and chain, that make a burger that is just as good or better. Those I'm referring to act as if Five Guys is the only place on the planet that makes a good burger, In N Out has their own version.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#12]
1. Whataburger

2. Smashburger

3. Five Guys

4. Burger King

5. McDonald's

6. Wendy's

129. In-n-Out
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Ate it once, thought I was good but pricey. Will go again. I like brown bag burgers myself
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh, I'm a fan of the place, but OP's assessment is accurate.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I find 5 guys to be good but not great.  Better than McDonald's or BK, but they're not amazing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:17:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Better than Whataburger?

I think NOT.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I have been to 5 guys 2 times, first time was with some good friends and I thought they were the best burgers I had ever consumed.

The second time I went with the wife, it was good, but not great, it isnt the burger that makes the experience you have while there, but

who you share the experience with, It is a good burger, no doubt. I would go again with no complaints.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:30:43 PM EDT
[#19]
They are awesome for their french fries, not their burgers.

Their fries really do taste fresh, with a good potato taste you don't get from the frozen ones most places have.

Otherwise- They are reasonably good, but VERY pricey for a burger and fries.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had it once.  Wasnt bad.  Cajun fries were lacking something though...could not put my finger on what it was though.

Best burger I've ever had is off Westpark in the Galleria area in a small burger shack.  Buffalo Burger with fries.  Shack is still there and its the best damned burger you will eat in Houston.

Fast food
Whataburger is pretty damned good
Wendys - but for the Spicy Chicken Sammich.  Burgers are good but nothing to write home about

Like to try 5 guys again and smash burger
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I've been to several five guys burger joints around my AO! After three or four attempts at finding something good or any redeeming quality! I found none, nada, zilch! Five guys burgers IMHO suck ass! Dry, tasteless crap disquised as burgers! In my years if traveling around this great country of ours I have come to one understanding! If a company plasters posters all over itself convincing you it's good, it probably ain't! And as far as the "Zagat" rating goes? They must hand those out with every Zagat membership these days. It just doesn't mean what it used to. Kind if like how a UL listing means bubkis these days. Eff Five Guys!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1. Whataburger
2. Smashburger
3. Five Guys
4. Burger King
5. McDonald's
6. Wendy's

129. In-n-Out

McDonald's better than In N' Out? Alrighty then.

Never been to Smashburger. We've got one, I'll have to try it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a fan.
Overpriced and nothing special.

Wendy's is better and cheaper.

Want to try In-n-Out but none are in my AO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Skip the burgers, just get a large fri and some Malt vinegar
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#25]
here's Jake's Wayback btw

I'm telling you, try it if there is one near you
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. Whataburger

2. Smashburger

3. Five Guys

4. Burger King

5. McDonald's

6. Wendy's

129. In-n-Out

McDonald's better than In N' Out? Alrighty then.

Never been to Smashburger. We've got one, I'll have to try it.

In-N-Out gives me such horrible indigestion that I can't even look at the sign without feeling my stomach juices starting to churn.

If you go to Smashburger, then be sure to get the chocolate malt and the Rosemary fries as well.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#27]
in n out +1
culvers +5.

culvers makes a legit burger.. like you would make at home.. i love them
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:17:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Better than Whataburger?

I think NOT.

this.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

In-N-Out gives me such horrible indigestion that I can't even look at the sign without feeling my stomach juices starting to churn.

If you go to Smashburger, then be sure to get the chocolate malt and the Rosemary fries as well.

OhGodYesDoWantDoWantDoWantDoWant

To me, SmashBurger, 5 Guys and a couple of other "gourmet" burger places are pretty equal. They're pretty good for store-bought burgers, and they've all got a little hook or gimmick.

I lump Wendy's, McDonald's, Burger King, Wat-A-Burger, Hardee's, Carl's Jr all together as "fast food" and, well, that's about the nicest thing I can say about them. I've never been to In-N-Out, but reliable sources lead me to think that they're fast food as well.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#30]
The thing I have learned about 5 Guys is that it depends where you are at.  The local 5 Guys burgers are great.  Well worth the price.  The 5 Guys burgers I had while in DC were outstanding.

I&O doesn't impress me much.  Both are better than any standard fast food burger joint.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
iculvers makes a legit burger.. like you would make at home.. i love them

I don't want a burger I can make at home

ETA:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yG5i-vPDDY
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#32]
I know I just posted this in another thread yesterday, but...

Cajun Fries
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got a Bacon Cheese burger with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions , grilled mushrooms and BBq sauce.

I give it a B.

It was tasty and is much better than about every other "fast food" type burger; I think In-n-out is in the same class. I do not however, think the burger is worth the price-$6.75 with tax. If I were to have ordered even a small fry with the burger, it would have pushed into the price range of a decent mid level sit down type place. I also think for the money, they use cheap cheese. It tasted like a Kraft single to me.

Totally agree.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#34]
5 guys ...... its pretty good...

this place is it...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#35]
At 5 guys, get the regular sized burger, not the larger one, and get the small fries, and not the larger fries... Then the price becomes competitive for what you get.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nothing is "up to the hype". That's what hype is all about.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Expensive as shit wasnt it? Now Im fat and I eat a ton of cheeseburgers so this is my wheelehouse. They are good and sure I get a metric shit ton of fries but for a c-burger, fries and a drink and it's $11? Maybe after I hit the lottery. Maybe.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#38]
JL BEERS FTW
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

JL BEERS FTW

... Never heard of it ...

In general, any local Goofy O'Chuckles/Stinky's Place/Gooberville Bar & Grill is going to be able to produce a one-off burger that's as good as - and in most cases, better than - any nation-wide franchise or chain.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:43:34 PM EDT
[#41]

5 guys is a rip off. I'm not paying $12.27 plus tax for a burger, fry, and drink.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:49:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad the OP didn't make the mistake of naming his thread "Finally had five guys' like I did.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Glad the OP didn't make the mistake of naming his thread "Finally had five guys' like I did.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Fries are fucking awesome, free peanuts. I don't go there often, but I like it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

1. Whataburger
2. Smashburger
3. Five Guys
4. Burger King
5. McDonald's
6. Wendy's

129. In-n-Out

Now that right there is funny ...

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#46]
There is a burger place in Perrysburg OH named Perrysburgers.  They have a half pound all Kobe beef burger that they only cook medium rare with sautéed mushrooms and onions and blue cheese crumbles.  Bar none it is the best burger I have ever had regardless of where it came from.  If you are in the area you must have one.  They only make 20 per day.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Better than Whataburger?

I think NOT.

Never been there. If I do ever go there, I will certinly compare it to INO and 5 guys.

NO comparison.

Seriously guys????

Whataburger is nasty, old, pressed out burgers, just like in and out.

5 Guys is completely fresh, made to order and delish.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#48]
If you live in the Northeast Tennessee / Southwest VA / Northwest NC area, head to Kingsport TN.  Purple Cow on Stone Drive.  Order the Mike's Intimidator.

1 lb. burger on a custom bun, they'll make it however you want it.  For less than $7.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#49]
A Grade B?

So in other words, tonight you had the pleasure of 5 guys?

Duly noted...
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
5 Guys is good shit. The fries are some of the best I have had, and I have ate a lot of fries in my 50 years. It is overpriced a bit though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top