Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 12:54:38 PM EDT
One of the hot elementary school teaching ladies I am going to school with is concerned with the motives of a guy who sent her flowers after teh second date. The note said "love joe" to boot. Psycho, just wanting to get into her pants, or really nice guy?

Should she run for the hills, or play it by ear?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:55:24 PM EDT
[#1]
run for the hills, specifically the Butte, Montana hills if she is hot.

Send her on over.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No flowers from me until the pipes get cleaned.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:11:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Flowers ANYTIME are a sweet gesture, but it's the "Love Joe" part that would put him in the "might want to be cautious" category.

I mean, think about how long it takes the majority of men to even muster the word "love" when they are in a serious relationship. Most are terrified by the mere concept. This guy writes it on a card after the second date? Perhaps (giving him the benefit of the doubt that he isn't a weirdo) he is so unoriginal that he couldn't come up with any better way to sign a card???
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe he ment to say" LOVE your pie, JOE" But forgot the your pie part because it was so incredible. She needs to be cautious and needs to confront him about it. He could be on the rebound. Could be a dangerous time. My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
this guy will turn out to be a psycho.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#6]
omg who cares why he sent  them, she got flowers~!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#8]
After the 2nd date, I just nudge her and ask her whats for breakfast.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
"love Joe."

what else is he going to put?
"loose the ass and we will go out again"

flowers on the second date...

what kind.  nice little BS flower mix or all roses?
bs flowers = sweet.
roses = RUN!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Are you implying guys don't send flowers? I'll have you know I sent my wife flowers just last... ummm, last.... oh damn. Time to head to the flower shop. Tomorrow. yeah that's it, tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#11]
True love is a restraining order.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you implying guys don't send flowers? I'll have you know I sent my wife flowers just last... ummm, last.... oh damn. Time to head to the flower shop. Tomorrow. yeah that's it, tomorrow.

rarely get flowers, but when i do...lets just say Mr. BlackRifleFever gets a returned favor (not in nthe foorm of flowers)
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Pussy whipped nerd.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Never give flowers until after you have been intimate. Or maybe after a ball draining blow job...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

Not picking on you or anything...but what a sad world it would be if everybody just became so selfish that they stopped doing little things for the one's they loved. Thank god there are still men (somewhere???) who care enough to put some thought into a relationship instead of being worried that they might be ridiculed for being pussy whipped or losing their balls when in reality they are simply being polite and thoughtful.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
After the 2nd date, I just nudge her and ask her whats for breakfast.

HEEEEE. HEEEEEE.HEEEEE
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Can you say Stalker?!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:06:56 PM EDT
[#18]
The guy suffers from Premature Gesticulation.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
omg who cares why he sent  them, she got flowers~!!! hr

hr

Sign it, "Love, Joe" and see what reaction you get when you ask her who Joe is!
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I generally take one (non rose) flower to any girl on the first date.  I haven't failed to get laid, or at least have the option to, on any date ever where I've done that.

In my book the guy is too late.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
The guy is probably just an idiot.  Anybody follow that thread over on glocktalk a while ago where that guy was going out on a date with a girl he met on the Internet?  Every other post of his was "Should I buy her flowers? Should I buy her flowers??" everybody kept telling him "NO!!", but he never did take our advice much.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

Not picking on you or anything...but what a sad world it would be if everybody just became so selfish that they stopped doing little things for the one's they loved. Thank god there are still men (somewhere???) who care enough to put some thought into a relationship instead of being worried that they might be ridiculed for being pussy whipped or losing their balls when in reality they are simply being polite and thoughtful.

After the second date?  Give me a break, any woman who actually gets out of the house is going to think the guy is a loser or worse.

I don't know who's worse, the guy who gives flowers with love notes after the second date, or the woman who would be impressed with that.

Second dates are for tongue-kissing and ass-groping.  Or peeling away in a cloud of tire smoke.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Forget sending flowers... I cook breakfast.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

Love??? After two dates? Yikes dude. Being a "man" means controlling yourself and the situation rationally, not falling in love with someone you don't know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I give chicks flowers all the time but never say the "L" word.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:04:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
One of the hot elementary school teaching ladies I am going to school with is concerned with the motives of a guy who sent her flowers after teh second date. The note said "love joe" to boot. Psycho, just wanting to get into her pants, or really nice guy?

Since we haven't really answered the question of what he actually wants (just whether he's a dumbass or not)... here's the deal.  I'm going to guess this guy doesn't get many ladies, and when he does get someone to date him he's going to try and make it "last".  

Look, here is the thread on glocktalk I was talking about.  Read it, and delve into the mind of an inexperienced guy trying to get a date:

glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=d4f81634cf278e66b10a95e45deab2e3&threadid=242281&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

I ALMOST knee jerked to your first post in this thread where you were wildly generalizing. Then I saw this post where you did an about face and came to your senses.

I am one of those men who still does the little things for women, usually it get's me nowhere. Many women these day's do not accept a compliment from a gentleman. Many women are completely incapable of trusting a man. Without trust there can be no love. <that's a period.

Juicy little notes in the purse for her to find later, flowers, money for lunch, hand made cards etc, many women say they want it but when you produce they freak out, accuse you of being obsessive and run.

Why doesn't she just simply say "thank you" and not try and micro analyze the kind gesture?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

After the second date?  Give me a break, any woman who actually gets out of the house is going to think the guy is a loser or worse.

I don't know who's worse, the guy who gives flowers with love notes after the second date, or the woman who would be impressed with that.

Second dates are for tongue-kissing and ass-groping.  Or peeling away in a cloud of tire smoke.

I think you may have missed my first post about this, which commented on the second date "love" thing being weird. I was wandering off into further along territory with the reply to your post...

Apologies for the confusion
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

This guy is at least a needy fool. And doesn't understand women. How could he? If you believe what you see on tv and movies you would think women like this sort of thing.  But they don't.

Go to:  askmen.com and read the artcles by Doc Love he has the 911 on women and how to handle them.

Zen

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:14:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

Love??? After two dates? Yikes dude dudette. Being a "man" means controlling yourself and the situation rationally, not falling in love with someone you don't know.

I agree completely, as my first post stated.  I was more or less making a comment on the one liner and not about the second date thing.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

Love??? After two dates? Yikes dude dudette. Being a "man" means controlling yourself and the situation rationally, not falling in love with someone you don't know.

I agree completely, as my first post stated.  I was more or less making a comment on the one liner and not about the second date thing.

Yeah, I figured that out by now...  Had no idea about the dudette...
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Pussy whipped nerd.  

Yeah, I figured that out by now...  Had no idea about the dudette...

Link Posted: 9/28/2004 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I won't send flowers until I get laid _and/or_ it has developed into a semi-serious relationship.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys read into shit like a bunch of High School Girls.

If he sent flowers and they said Love whomever it doesn't mean shit. It just sounds nice, what was he supposed to say "Your Truly"?

He is just tyring to make a good impression, and women do like flowers. I wouldn't read into the flowers, the Chinese used to do the same thing with tea leaves and it didn't work worth a damn either.

Love,
ffsparky26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top