Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh snap. They are getting it done now.
Fucking asshole actors!
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
This is some beta bullshit.

They are giving power to the dems by stating that the 2a is weak in this area, even if it is just planting the idea.

If a law can be made to "protect" this aspect, another law can be made to "weaken" it.

Either the "right to keep and bear arms" protects carrying for self defense or it doesn't, and these politicians are making the argument for the dems that it doesn't.

Ceding power preemptively is a bad strategy and doing it at a time when they are in no position to pass it is even worse.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They have to do Something to justify their jobs.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice window dressing.  Good luck getting it past the Dem controlled Senate and then getting the Potato in the White House to sign it.
View Quote
Don't you just love that Republicans are pro-Second Amendment when they know there's not a snowball's chance in hell that it will pass but silent on the Second Amendment when they controlled both Houses and the Presidency?
They do NOT believe in our right to bear arms, they are pandering.
(Yeah, yeah... I know... I'm not telling you anything we don't already know.  Just venting.)
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#5]
It's already codified muther fookers!!! It is the 2ND AMENDMENT!

I literally hate republicans as much as I hate democrats.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I see our senate is telling everyone yet again that they have no idea what the COTUS means.

There is no constitutional power of the feds to do diddely squat about state laws and regulations on *anything* that is not *expressly* given to the federal government in the text of cotus.

That goes when we hate what the feds are trying to do and when we love what the feds are trying to do.

No, the 14th amendment didn't pass, either of the two times it was proposed.

Even in bizarro world, if it had (and it didn't), the text of the 14th doesn't incoporate the rest of cotus.

Lose/lose arguments.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nice window dressing.  Good luck getting it past the Dem controlled Senate and then getting the Potato in the White House to sign it.
View Quote

This.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This is some beta bullshit.

They are giving power to the dems by stating that the 2a is weak in this area, even if it is just planting the idea.

If a law can be made to "protect" this aspect, another law can be made to "weaken" it.

Either the "right to keep and bear arms" protects carrying for self defense or it doesn't, and these politicians are making the argument for the dems that it doesn't.

Ceding power preemptively is a bad strategy and doing it at a time when they are in no position to pass it is even worse.
View Quote

Hint: it's not an accident.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
All they are is cock-blocks to dems, and they aren't even good at that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Wake me when it's time.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#12]
The language used in the bill will actually PROHIBIT use of firearms outside of a hermetically sealed 2x2x2 box under FBI supervision during daylight hours on the first Monday of June on a yearly basis...probably.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The language used in the bill will actually PROHIBIT use of firearms outside of a hermetically sealed 2x2x2 box under FBI supervision during daylight hours on the first Monday of June on a yearly basis...probably.
View Quote

I mean, there had to be some compromise in there....duh....
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:14:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Where was this shit 2016-2018 when they could pass anything they wanted ?  EXACTLY.

They should have been slapped in the mouth for even suggesting this legislation, as everyone knows it’s pure bullshit guaranteed to fail.

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Same Rino BS.  Pretend to be conservative when out of power.  All so tiresome.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why wasn't this done in 2017-2019?
View Quote

Um ah,um ah. huh, oh because, um ah......... None of the dick whistles had the authority to begin with, to put us where we are now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, as always we are getting played by the uniparty. Hey, look at us fighting for your God-given rights, see we told you we would get it done. Just like we always got it done, right? right? Trust us, trust us, we are here for you (US) hahahahahahahah.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Phoney republicans virtue signaling with legislation that they know will go nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#19]
This is blatant pandering and virtue signaling to the really stupid voters that think they even give a shit. Blah, Blah, Blah
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:47:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Put it in the same bill with baby killing, I mean abortion. Lieberals will go crazy(ier) trying to decide which way to vote.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m opposed to this even if it had a chance, which it doesn’t.  If you recognize congressional authority to do this; you’ll be facing a future congressional effort to take it away.  The constitution is all we need.  Supreme Court has clarified that.  Why try to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory?  

In short:  leave it be and don’t mess up my country just so you can get an undeserved positive sound bite.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#22]
What a bunch of assholes
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lol
View Quote
FPNI.

Even if it does make it through Congress, Biden will veto it.  And I doubt all Republicans will vote for it anyway.  Beltway Kabuki Theatre.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hold on....I thought all republicans were the same and part of the 'uniparty'.   Which is it?
View Quote

It's called "election season is fast approaching".
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Stupid repubics as usual.  That just acknowledges that they don't recognize the clear language in the Bill of Rights.  "Shall Not Be Infringed" is black and white language.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:56:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Easy to do and say that when they have no power.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wake me when it's time.
View Quote

When you see drag-floyd happen, pay attention.

They are doing the antifa thing of trying to goad people by doing the most horrid stuff they can think of that they can get away with, telling everyone how there's all these (whatever) phobics out there that are unhinged lunatics and look,  see, this happened because of that. Sprinkle in some "this systemic, we gotta break the system and remake it" along with some "no, this is GOOD trouble/violence" and they hope to do with the whole queer theory / drag queen sex shows for toddlers and babies movement that was done with the george floyd movement, riots, extortionary "donate to buy large mansions or we'll call you racist and sic antifa on you" scams. ETA notice that these shows that we keep hearing about aren't in places like NYC and sanfrancisco. They are in texas and etc.

Notice the reaction to the kid who went into the gay bar and shot it up in IIRC colorado, before the kid claimed to be nonbinary alphabetsoup.

They are spraying gasoline everywhere they can and trying to fan sparks.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Maybe one day they actually vote on it when they have the votes. Oh wait... I'm unaffiliated now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were too busy killing Obamacare.  

Oh wait.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:41:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:42:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

lol

They only do this stuff when they aren’t in power.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hold on....I thought all republicans were the same and part of the 'uniparty'.   Which is it?

lol

They only do this stuff when they aren’t in power.

Yep.  They also could have passed the hearing protection act, back when they had full control, but weren't interested then.  And they think we are too stupid to notice.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:42:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

My thoughts exactly
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

the fact that they only do shit like this when they don't hold power pretty much cements the argument that they are, in fact, one and the same.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:44:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]
These douchebags only do this when they know its not going to pass.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:54:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Awesome!

I won't have to move one of them free states y'all keep yapping about  .

View Quote

Nah, NY won't follow the constitution OR federal law.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

And to think there was a time in the most recent past 6 years they could have done this.

Fucking grandstanding politicians.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, when the Reps don't have control of Senate, House, or WH, they put forward this bill.  F them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

They know the president won't sign it... they know they won't get the votes. Still the uniparty doing what the uniparty does.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#44]
The only time republicans introduce bills like this is when they have no chance of getting it passed. This will pass Congress by a slim majority and will die in the senate. Shucks guys, we tried.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same reason some anti gun R's put the HPA back in the works a week or so back. Election season coming up, and pandering to their base.

It looks like they did something, when in reality, they push it, knowing it's dead in the water and they don't actually have to support it when it matters.

It's all fucking theater, Republicans and Democrats working hand in hand to fuck the citizens they reign over.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

I keep reminding folks that Trump's first two years in the White House had Republican control of the house and the senate.  Why didn't they do it then?  Why didn't they kill Obama care then?

They waited till they lost the house and then hollered "give us money so we can defeat/end Obama Care.  

I don't believe they're going to do much of anything, except ask for more money from us.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#48]
When Republicans have the house, senate and the white house, it's always "We need to focus one more pressing issues".
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:04:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Not really needed, 2A is pretty explicit.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

For some reason this same Republican Party didn’t bother bringing forth any bills like this when they had the house, senate, and presidency.

Weird.
Page / 3
Top Top