User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hold on....I thought all republicans were the same and part of the 'uniparty'.   Which is it?
View Quote

The Republicans aren't in power in the Senate.  The bill won't even get a committee hearing.  You must think they are "so brave" to be doing something they know 100% will not go anywhere.  Then they will use it as an excuse to beg for more donations.  "We tried to be pro-gun but the mean Democrats hate you and your gun rights.  Send me another $2,000 and I will keep fighting.".  

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:10:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Unconstitutional.

The 2nd is not absolute and does not prohibit states from regulating firearms. Don't like it? Move to a free state.

Legislation is not a constitutional amendment. When you allow shit like this, it also emboldens and centralises more power within the federal government to override the states.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sure does highlight just how far we’ve fallen.

It’s already codified you morons. What needs to be codified is that those who seek to intentionally and willingly subvert the Constitution and directives of the Supreme Court shall be considered traitors to the Republic and prosecuted for Subversion and/or Treason. Period

Show us that legislation GOP- that’s what needs to be codified
View Quote

This is exactly what needs to be done and their records can stand as evidence in court.  And I want sentences carried out on those convicted.  Make it painfully obvious we take defending the constitution seriously.  Then we may start the journey back to sanity.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:38:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where was this shit 2016-2018 when they could pass anything they wanted ?  EXACTLY.

They should have been slapped in the mouth for even suggesting this legislation, as everyone knows it’s pure bullshit guaranteed to fail.

View Quote

To be fair, they never had a supermajority so that couldn't do ANYTHING they wanted, but could have done far more than they did.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Who voted to condemn obama care over 40 times but never moved to strike it down while holding both the house and senate for $500, Alex?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:07:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-republicans-introduce-bill-codifying-right-bear-arms-home

Senate Republicans introduced legislation codifying the right of Americans to both own guns and use them for self-defense outside the home on Thursday.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., announced the legislation alongside fellow members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, saying they intended to codify the court rulings in two key gun rights cases into law. The cases, Washington, D.C. v. Heller and New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen, found, respectively, that Americans have an individual right to bear arms irrespective of participation in a militia, and that they have the right to carry firearms outside their homes.

"There's nothing in the Second Amendment about 'You can own a gun in your home and nowhere else,'" Graham said in a press conference announcing the legislation. "[Liberals] want to change that law, and if they get control of the Supreme Court these cases will change."

"This is a concerted effort to attack the fundamentals of the Second Amendment as part of an effort to maintain control of the Senate, take back the House and win the White House," he continued. "To conservatives, this is a wake-up call. We need you. Understand what's going on here."
View Quote
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/courts/graham-leads-effort-to-codify-landmark-scotus-gun-decisions

But while Second Amendment rights groups may ordinarily support any efforts to codify Supreme Court gun precedent, Gun Owners of America's federal affairs director Aidan Johnston told the Washington Examiner Graham's bill does not have the teeth to accomplish what the lawmakers argued it would do. "

[GOA] would happily work with any member of Congress to help codify Heller, McDonald, and Bruen decisions into federal law ... Unfortunately, I think this particular bill entirely fails to do that and so that's why we're not supportive of this particular bill," Johnston said, referring to a 2010 case in McDonald v. the City of Chicago that cemented due process for gun owners.

One reason Johnston cited for not supporting Graham's bill was that it uses an "entirely different test" than the one Justice Clarence Thomas used in the Bruen decision and the one Justice Antonin Scalia used in the Heller decision, a 2008 case that found the Constitution protects an individual's rights to keep a gun in their home for self-defense."

"But certainly this bill in its current state is not a thorough enough interpretation for the codification of" the Supreme Court's gun precedents, he said.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:10:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hold on....I thought all republicans were the same and part of the 'uniparty'.   Which is it?
View Quote

Quoted:
Nice window dressing.  Good luck getting it past the Dem controlled Senate and then getting the Potato in the White House to sign it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Asking for or hoping for permission?...

...lol
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why wasn't this done in 2017-2019?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wasn't this done in 2017-2019?

Because then it had a chance of passing. Mr big balls now that they know it's doa.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I bet he asked for donations again. Fuck em
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 5:29:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Yawn
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#13]
They could have passed this both times they controlled both houses and the presidency, and they failed.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lol that's cute
Quoted:
Nice window dressing.  Good luck getting it past the Dem controlled Senate and then getting the Potato in the White House to sign it.

This

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't need some group of morons telling me when I can or can't carry a gun. I have the 2nd Amendment for that. And there are no regulations or stipulations or hindrances or restrictions or anything other than "THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED". See? Nothing in those words tells me that it only pertains to inside your own home. It means EXACTLY what it says. The Bill of Rights tells the United States fucking government what they can't restrict or limit. It's not a set of laws for the people, it's a set of restrictions for the government, itself.

In my opinion, THAT is the very definition of Constitutional Carry. You can tell because it's written in the fucking Constitution, itself. And it was written over 200 damn years ago. Our forefathers knew exactly what a government could do to a person's rights; even a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't buy my vote traitors.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Has Graham ever met a Liberal up for nomination he hasn’t voted to approve?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't see them introducing this shit when they hold the majority in all three branches do you?  This grandstanding is BS targeted at people who don't pay attention to how their government works.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:45:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You don't see them introducing this shit when they hold the majority in all three branches do you?  This grandstanding is BS targeted at people who don't pay attention to how their government works.
View Quote

It truly boggles my mind how A: people don't see this and B: they still vote for these clowns.

Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:46:34 AM EDT
[#20]
How bold and edgy now that the Bill has absolutely NO CHANCE of going anywhere

Where were these fucks when Republicans held the White House and BOTH houses of Congress for two years?

Oh yeah, Trump was empowering the ATF to create law our of thin air
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:03:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Republicans don't hold the Senate, so it's meaningless posturing. And this sort of thing only  happens when they don't have control.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

They do this shit when it has not chance of passing.  Wake up.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Any statesman worth his salt will already know there's no need to codify that which shall not (even be) be infringed.  <--- That's how you know it's for show.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Look at all the bills they sat on when they had both houses and the presidency. This is just a show for stupid people.
View Quote

Paul Ryan
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 11:45:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

They will not introduce this pro gun stuff when they hold all three houses, the shit may actually pass and they do not want that.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top