Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:55:33 AM EDT

I'm looking for a digital camcorder that uses internal hard drive to save videos.

Most important is quality, then ease of use, especially regarding transfer and manipulation of video files.

Price range is $300-$500.

I can use Google and stuff. I'm hoping to hear from folks with hands-on experience.

Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Panasonic, Sony, Canon.  In that order more or less.

get a HD cam, dont settle for DV (but on your budget you may have to)

You will need a fast dual core cpu to edit HD.  I prefer Sony Vegas for editing.

the arfcom of amateur video
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been leaning towards the Panasonic SDR-H60 but I'm seeing several reviews saying that the software is very bad and won't work with some versions of Windows...

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:21:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've been leaning towards the Panasonic SDR-H60 but I'm seeing several reviews saying that the software is very bad and won't work with some versions of Windows...

thats a decent camera, but with a 1/6" ccd it wont be very good at low light but will be good for most everything else.  Its also not a 3ccd camera, so its colors are not going to be as good as the Panasonic 3 ccd cameras.

$378 here

you should also check out the Canon VIXIA HF100
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
You might also want to consider a still camera. I would go this route personally.

like the Panasonic Lumix LX3. It does HD video and is a badass still camera too!  $421 Here

it can do HD(16:9 Aspect Ratio): 1280x720 pixels 24fps

or use the 30% off ebay rebate, $315 after cash back

cash back details
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

you should also check out the Canon VIXIA HF100

Wow, that one is looking good...thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#6]
some of the AMAZING pics that the LX3 is capable of, the video it can take is damn good too

www.flickr.com/groups/843626@N22/

sample movie, right click save as img.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_lx3/sample_images/panasonic_lumix_dmc_lx3_01.mov
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top