Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/31/2023 1:33:12 PM EDT
I’m trying to find a low or no sugar protein drink or powder that I can either mix in with water or something or buy already made.  Hopefully it will taste alright.  I know just eat more protein, but that is not always an option.  If you have a link to the product I’d appreciate that as well or where you can buy it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Whey protein powder is going to be your best bet. In all my years of buying protein, Isopure has been the best in terms of mixing with water.

If you have a Costco membership, you can get a tub of it for a pretty good price.

They also have some other whey protein "concentrates" that are usually a mix of whey proteins. They are cheaper than a pure whey protein isolate but some people may have stomach problems from them.

As a good rule of thumb, historically, whey protein has been about 10$ per pound but prices have been going up.

Here is the link to the Costco whey protein isolate from Isopure.

I am sure some people will mention On Nutrition and MyProtein. Both are okay as I have taken them both. Most protein powders are sourced from the same two or three places in the US. So look for whey protein isolate at a price you want to pay.

https://www.costco.com/isopure-zero-carb-whey-protein-powder%2C-creamy-vanilla-3.4lb.product.4000159917.html

If you want a quality American made protein powder, this guy sells some good stuff. 5 lbs of whey isolate for 87.50

https://proteinfactory.com/product/wisconsin-whey-isolate-5-lbs/

I would consider both of those superior to On brand stuff.

On had a recall last year that does not give me the wam fuzzies

https://iwaspoisoned.com/food-recall/optimum-nutrition-nutritional-and-beverage-products-recalled-due-to-microbial-contamination

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I get the chocolate version and mix it with some cold brew coffee.  Delicious.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder, Strawberry Banana, 5 Pound

We use this and the Strawberry Banana is by FAR the best flavor.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Almost none have sugar. Now artificial sweetener on the other hand . . .
I like true nutrition, you get to control most of the ingredients.
https://truenutrition.com/
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I like water.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Amazon Product
  • Same trusted quality with a brand new look! Packaging may vary
  • UNFLAVORED PROTEIN POWDER WITH BCAAs: NOW Whey Protein Isolate is a high-quality protein that is both bioavailable and easily digested. Mix one level scoop into your daily smoothie for 25 g of protein per serving (Quality GMP Assured, Kosher with Dairy, No Artificial Sweeteners, Non-GMO, Steroid Free, Soy Free, Keto Friendly)
  • The Informed-Sport seal is your assurance that each and every production run of these NOW Sports products has been tested for banned substances by LGC, a globally recognized assurance program for anti-doping in sports nutrition products. In addition to production run testing, Informed-Sport-certified products are also blind-sampled at the retail level up to four times annually, and testing results can be found at informed-sport.com.

I add raw cacao powder and peanut butter powder to mine. Delicious and no synthetic crap.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I really enjoy IsoPure, especially mixed with either milk or 50/50 water and milk if you want to avoid some of the carbs in the milk while getting a bit more of a smooth texture. The Dutch chocolate is my preference. Cookies and cream is a close second place.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:53:47 PM EDT
[#10]
My favorite -
https://dymatize.com/products/iso100-fruity-pebbles

My wife's favorite (peanut butter cup) -
https://clinicallabssupplements.com/product/whey-protein-isolate/
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Been using Now Foods Whey Isolate for many years.

Available in 5lb cans and 10lb bags. The unflavored uses Stevia. No sugar. Zero carbs.

Price fluctuates a lot. I keep the 5lb and 10lb in my Amazon cart, so I can see if it drops in price.

Used to hover around $105 for the 10lb (and ~$57 for the 5lb). Both are more expensive now (looks like ~$133 for the 10lb everywhere). If you have Amazon Prime, Subscribe and Save knocks 15% off (with 5 or more S&S items).

Still the best price I've found for 100% whey isolate (a lot of whey powders AREN'T 100% isolate. Websearch the difference if you need to).
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:57:10 PM EDT
[#12]
HLTH CODE
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Ascent
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the Fairlife Protein shakes.

You can purchase on amazon, Costco sometimes, grocery stores. A bit pricey but good to keep a few in the refrigerator when you want something quick.

https://fairlife.com/core-power/

Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry-Babnana all taste good. Strawberry-Babnana is my favorite.

Their milk is good too and lasts a long time without spoiling which is good if you don't consume a lot of milk.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:05:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I hate mixing powders, never works well for me, takes more time, doesn't taste good etc.

I get premere protein ready made at Wal-Mart . 1g sugar, 30g protein.  I buy at the local Wal Mart not online.  I started to order from Amazon once but read some reviews that said they had been in a hot warehouse and were rancid.  Anyway lots of flavors, I buy the cafe  latte by the 12 pack and basically it replaces my second cup of coffee in the AM (which would be post workout.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I pretty much like all of the gorilla mind/mode products. Good product and good owner in the industry.
https://gorillamind.com/products/gorilla-mode-protein?variant=39730007408685
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Whole raw milk. The best illegal protein drink you can buy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Amino energy by Optimum Nutrition is a ready to drink option.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:30:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whole raw milk. The best illegal protein drink you can buy.
View Quote

Well, op did stay a sugar-fee option. Lactose kind of goes against that thought.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Just buy an unflavored option.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]
why are you worried about a little sugar or carbs?

If you are doing a cycle of Dbol or test cyp, you need those carbs for intermuscular glycogen.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#23]

op this is the way.  except the doublechocolate or extrememilkchocolate are my 2 flavors.
HQ whey isolate, no sugar
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:27:23 PM EDT
[#25]
MRE lite is my first choice, made by redcon1. I think they support conservative issues if that matters to you. Second would be Jocko's molk. Both mix equally with milk. Can't tell you about mixing with water. Both have animal proteins and seem to digest very easy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Almost none have sugar. Now artificial sweetener on the other hand . . .
I like true nutrition, you get to control most of the ingredients.
https://truenutrition.com/
View Quote

This.  Most use artificial sweeteners.

On (Optimum Nutrition) is a long time preference of mine and the fitness industry.  Dymatize is newer (but still around for nearly 20 years) and another preference of mine.

Normally I'd grab either.  I find Dymatize ISO 100 typically tastes better in water.  Most taste good in milk.

Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:42:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

op this is the way.  except the doublechocolate or extrememilkchocolate are my 2 flavors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

NOT 100% WHEY ISOLATE. Read the label.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Isopure and Myprotein both make unflavored powder with nothing added except an anti caking agent.

I like Isopure better, but it's more expensive.

I mix it with milk though, it wouldn't be great with just water.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Fitness Labs
Whey Fit Protien isolate
>1g carb, no sugar.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#32]
MyProtein whey isolate is what I like to use.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#33]

I see you thought of the same one I suggest to my wife all the time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Get one thick cut ribeye on sale. Cut it thinner. Drop both halves into the toaster. Eat the protein steak.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#35]
I use myprotein whey powder. Easy enough.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#36]
NAKED.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Ascent if you want clean protein that tastes great and blends well.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like the Fairlife Protein shakes.

You can purchase on amazon, Costco sometimes, grocery stores. A bit pricey but good to keep a few in the refrigerator when you want something quick.

https://fairlife.com/core-power/

Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberry-Babnana all taste good. Strawberry-Babnana is my favorite.

Their milk is good too and lasts a long time without spoiling which is good if you don't consume a lot of milk.

View Quote

This. 42 g protein. 9 carbs only six sugar.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#39]
I've never really felt the need to try different stuff. This is what I usually buy.

https://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/28291/optimum-gold-standard-100-isolate-vanilla-44.htm
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Transparent Labs makes some really good options and is a great company to work with.

Also I use AthleanX protein as well.

Be careful though. Lots of protein is “sugar free” but use sucralose. You want to find something that uses monk fruit or stevia.

Both the brands I posted above have sucralose and sugar free options.

Most of what has been posted here has sucralose, at which point you might as well drink Diet Coke.

AthleanX
Transparent Labs
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Body fortress whey protein.  Too high in cholesterol tho, I need to change to the costo one.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:48:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Just started this one though I get vanilla.

It us by far one of the best. No sucralose that most of them have.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Molk is what you seek.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dirty Great minds think alike.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Isopure low carb toasted coconut, or the zero carb vanilla or chocolate.

These are my go-to's and I have not found better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Just Ingredients Roasted Peanut Butter Chocolate
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Jym Rocky Road is hands down the best flavor on the market.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Sam;s Choice Chocolate Protein Shake. 18 versu 15 in the box like Premier. It has sucralose, only sweetener I am aware of in them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#49]

I like the straight banana flavor better. This one is good too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:41:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Amino energy by Optimum Nutrition is a ready to drink option.
View Quote

Amino energy is more of a preworkout. None of the flavors I have been drinking the last 5 years have had any protein in them. That said They are the best tasting preworkout I have had. Not super high on caffeine but a decent kick. I usually drink one in the morning and one before I work out.

I use the MyProtein Impact Whey smooth chocolate flavor. Dirt Cheap, even after having a 40% increase the last year or so. Usually rates among the top of the review lists for actually having as much protein as they claim.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top