Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 6:25:07 AM EDT
CROSSPOSTING

What bonus's are going on at this time? I am considering joining but would like to know what is on the table. I am thinking going Airborne with a Ranger option I guess is what it is called. Just looking for some info on what is out there. I read if you are willing to ship within 30? days its an extra Xamount.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:24:23 PM EDT
I don't know shit from shinola about your current situation, but if you're considering airborne ranger contract, don't worry about the bonus. There are hundreds of guys behind you ready to take a shot for zero extra pay.

If you want a bonus, get a tech job. If you want to blow shit up and kill people, just do it!

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:05:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pevrs114:
I don't know shit from shinola about your current situation, but if you're considering airborne ranger contract, don't worry about the bonus. There are hundreds of guys behind you ready to take a shot for zero extra pay.

If you want a bonus, get a tech job. If you want to blow shit up and kill people, just do it!

SECOND THAT!

my cross-post reply-
My recruiting days are past, however I can tell you reenlistment bonuses ARE NOT very much.
11B's, SPC/E-4 and below would get a MAX of $5400 for a 6 year reup, (thats including those with Ranger SQI 's-V and assigned to 75th Rangers) .

Enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses follow somewhat of a same trend, currently not much $$. The Army is doing very well and we dont need to offer big money. Enlist if you want, if you dont theres 10 more behind you that will.

Bottom line- If you're enlisiting for a bonus, re-think your priorities, especially for going 11 series!!!! Dont EVER enlist or re-enlist soley based on money........

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:08:38 PM EDT
I think 89D has one of the best bonuses going right now, around 10k for a 4 year hitch. Otherwise, ain't much of bonuses being passed around, best I've seen was 2k for a 4 year enlistment.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:21:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ArmyLifer:
Originally Posted By pevrs114:

SECOND THAT!

my cross-post reply-
My recruiting days are past, however I can tell you reenlistment bonuses ARE NOT very much.
11B's, SPC/E-4 and below would get a MAX of $5400 for a 6 year reup, (thats including those with Ranger SQI 's-V and assigned to 75th Rangers) .

Enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses follow somewhat of a same trend, currently not much $$. The Army is doing very well and we dont need to offer big money. Enlist if you want, if you dont theres 10 more behind you that will.

Bottom line- If you're enlisiting for a bonus, re-think your priorities, especially for going 11 series!!!! Dont EVER enlist or re-enlist soley based on money........

Definitly not going in for the money lol I am going to be taking a pay cut regardless. I was just wanting to make sure I didn't leave any money on the table that was there to be had. I am just ready to go and do something with my life besides work a dead end job.
Top Top