Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 6:25:07 AM EDT
CROSSPOSTING

What bonus's are going on at this time? I am considering joining but would like to know what is on the table. I am thinking going Airborne with a Ranger option I guess is what it is called. Just looking for some info on what is out there. I read if you are willing to ship within 30? days its an extra Xamount.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know shit from shinola about your current situation, but if you're considering airborne ranger contract, don't worry about the bonus. There are hundreds of guys behind you ready to take a shot for zero extra pay.

If you want a bonus, get a tech job. If you want to blow shit up and kill people, just do it!

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I don't know shit from shinola about your current situation, but if you're considering airborne ranger contract, don't worry about the bonus. There are hundreds of guys behind you ready to take a shot for zero extra pay.

If you want a bonus, get a tech job. If you want to blow shit up and kill people, just do it!

SECOND THAT!

my cross-post reply-
My recruiting days are past, however I can tell you reenlistment bonuses ARE NOT very much.
11B's, SPC/E-4 and below would get a MAX of $5400 for a 6 year reup, (thats including those with Ranger SQI 's-V and assigned to 75th Rangers) .

Enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses follow somewhat of a same trend, currently not much $$. The Army is doing very well and we dont need to offer big money. Enlist if you want, if you dont theres 10 more behind you that will.

Bottom line- If you're enlisiting for a bonus, re-think your priorities, especially for going 11 series!!!! Dont EVER enlist or re-enlist soley based on money........

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I think 89D has one of the best bonuses going right now, around 10k for a 4 year hitch. Otherwise, ain't much of bonuses being passed around, best I've seen was 2k for a 4 year enlistment.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SECOND THAT!

my cross-post reply-
My recruiting days are past, however I can tell you reenlistment bonuses ARE NOT very much.
11B's, SPC/E-4 and below would get a MAX of $5400 for a 6 year reup, (thats including those with Ranger SQI 's-V and assigned to 75th Rangers) .

Enlistment and re-enlistment bonuses follow somewhat of a same trend, currently not much $$. The Army is doing very well and we dont need to offer big money. Enlist if you want, if you dont theres 10 more behind you that will.

Bottom line- If you're enlisiting for a bonus, re-think your priorities, especially for going 11 series!!!! Dont EVER enlist or re-enlist soley based on money........

Definitly not going in for the money lol I am going to be taking a pay cut regardless. I was just wanting to make sure I didn't leave any money on the table that was there to be had. I am just ready to go and do something with my life besides work a dead end job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top