BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 11/22/2012 5:25:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Evidently not as they released the nurse and suspended him, what a dumb ass.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, he *can*, but it won't end well for him.  Looks like he's already been suspended.

That nurse deserves a reasonable bit of compensation.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#3]
No.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
ibt usual suspects.....

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:30:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:31:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:31:27 AM EDT
[#7]
One of our flight nurses had a run in with a WA State Trooper when they did a scene call. They were loading the guy in the helo when the trooper came over and demanded that they draw blood for him. Hilarity ensued when the nurse told him to take a hike and they took off.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:32:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Slap on the wrist.  Union will get any disciplinary actions overturned.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:34:06 AM EDT
[#9]
This is like the "Officer" who arrested the fireman because he wouldn't move his fire truck.

Remember that one?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Im not about to jump into the anti LEO battle thats coming. However, for any profession, what the fuck is the point of being suspended WITH pay???
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:35:46 AM EDT
[#11]
If some statist prick wearing a robe says it's ok, there will always be someone willing to do their bidding. No matter what.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:36:28 AM EDT
[#12]
In before the 1983 lawsuits are filed.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:36:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Im not about to jump into the anti LEO battle thats coming. However, for any profession, what the fuck is the point of being suspended WITH pay???

That's the blue liner way of giving a buddy a vacation.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn.  That never happens to me in my ER.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
One of our flight nurses had a run in with a WA State Trooper when they did a scene call. They were loading the guy in the helo when the trooper came over and demanded that they draw blood for him. Hilarity ensued when the nurse told him to take a hike and they took off.

If the helo was spooled, that is interference with a flight crew (felony).
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:37:24 AM EDT
[#16]
LOL Dumbass

She didn't respect his authority......thankfully.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:38:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Fuck yeah. Thanksgiving day cop bashing thread!!  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Are you sure the department has a union?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:41:43 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This is like the "Officer" who arrested the fireman because he wouldn't move his fire truck.

Remember that one?

which one, i remember a couple of those

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:41:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the helo was spooled, that is interference with a flight crew (felony).

Federal :).   Ah everyone has a job to do but some just get caught up in it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:42:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#23]
The whole issue of blood draws on drunks has been an issue for years.
There have always been ER staff who objected to doing blood draws for whatever reasons.
They always had us over a barrel because LEOs needed people who were trained/ certified in bllod draws to actually get the blood
Some states have responded by starting to certify LEOs to draw blood for DWI cases, IIRC
I would think that this issue is nothing new and every hospital should have had a policy in place years ago on how they would do blood draws for LEOs
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If some statist prick wearing a robe says it's ok, there will always be someone willing to do their bidding. No matter what.

Yup - and the same thing would happen in ANY other determination. Hide your toys boys. You have no clue of what 's coming down the line. We'll be dreaming of the good old days under the 1994 AWB.  They'll even have the damn TSA out kicking in doors.

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB) (or Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act) was a subtitle of the Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, a federal law in the United States that included a prohibition on the manufacture for civilian use of certain semi-automatic firearms, so called "assault weapons".

How many ways can that go wrong?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:43:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty standard in union jobs that you get paid while the disciplinary proceeding plays out. Happens with teachers all the time.  

Are you sure its a union PD?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There have always been ER staff who objected to doing blood draws for whatever reasons.
They always had us over a barrel because LEOs needed people who were trained/ certified in bllod draws to actually get the blood
Some states have responded by starting to certify LEOs to draw blood for DWI cases, IIRC
I would think that this issue is nothing new and every hospital should have had a policy in place years ago on how they would do blood draws for LEOs

The medics/doctors/nurses unionsw should file a grievance for letting unqualified people draw blood.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:45:52 AM EDT
[#27]
"Respect Mah"............aw f––k it, it's just too easy.

Hopefully there are other hospitals in the area for the officer to go to if he needs treatment. Not the best thing in the world to piss off the nursing staff.

I see the suspect was released without charges if I'm reading it right.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:46:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Maybe that ER did have a policy of no blood draws without a court order?  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:47:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I don't think the issue here is blood draws.  The issue here is court order.  This bozo thought he could just show up, tell someone to do it, and it would be done.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Jesus wept.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#31]
When he needs a favor at the hospital I'm sure they will remember this.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:55:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fuck yeah. Thanksgiving day cop bashing thread!!  

They're the gift that keeps on giving.

TC
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

The incident is still under investigation. Suspension with pay isn't punishment, its "park him until we figure out what to do". IF they decide that he

gets punished, it may turn into suspension without pay.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:58:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When he needs a favor treatment at the hospital ER I'm sure they will remember this.

Put him out in the hall.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the blue liner way of giving a buddy a vacation.

No it's not. The reason is because an investigation has to be done to see what if any policy violations occurred.  IA receives bogus complaints all the time and if an officer was sent home each time without pay BEFORE the investigation was complete nobody would remain a cop. Who could live like that?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the issue here is blood draws.  The issue here is court order.  This bozo thought he could just show up, tell someone to do it, and it would be done.

Exactly. No consent and no court order = assault on the PT if you draw the blood anyway, at least in the two states I have lived in.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The medics/doctors/nurses unionsw should file a grievance for letting unqualified people draw blood.

I think the post stated "certified".
I am certified to draw blood, administer meds, perform surgical crics amongst a whole plethora of procedures and dont work in an ER.
The ridiculous arrest aside, I wonder why she refused to draw the bloods.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:06:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
"Respect Mah"............aw f––k it, it's just too easy.

Hopefully there are other hospitals in the area for the officer to go to if he needs treatment. Not the best thing in the world to piss off the nursing staff.

I see the suspect was released without charges if I'm reading it right.

Yes.  Because there was no probable cause.  He unconstitutionally jacked some dude up, cuffed him, took him to the ER, and then when the nurse wouldn't draw blood, he arrested her too.  

Also, that's Johnston County, NC.  There are no public employee unions in North Carolina.  The legislature banned then in the 1950s.

§ 95‑98.  Contracts between units of government and labor unions, trade unions or labor organizations concerning public employees declared to be illegal.

Any agreement, or contract, between the governing authority of any city, town, county, or other municipality, or between any agency, unit, or instrumentality thereof, or between any agency, instrumentality, or institution of the State of North Carolina, and any labor union, trade union, or labor organization, as bargaining agent for any public employees of such city, town, county or other municipality, or agency or instrumentality of government, is hereby declared to be against the public policy of the State, illegal, unlawful, void and of no effect. (1959, c. 742.)
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:09:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Why are they even bothering a nurse. Call a fucking lab tech, that's their job.

When you have a patient in a hospital unless you have paper from a judge you arent getting shit. HIPAA is srs business, and it gets treated as such. Your tin and your barking orders do not change federal law.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#40]
What a fucking piece of shit. He should be in jail, not getting a paid vacation.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:10:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am certified to draw blood, administer meds, perform surgical crics amongst a whole plethora of procedures and dont work in an ER.

You are certified to do all these medical procedures and you don't understand the various types of consent that are necessary before you can perform medical procedures on patients ?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because they had no court order.

If I was in her position I wouldn't have done it either way.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Some people really don't have the common sense to have a badge, not as bad as the cops who arrested the tow truck drivers who towed their illegally parked undercover cars that were registered under fake names so they couldn't prove the police owned them.  

Better than average odds that he arrested one of his coworker's wives.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
In before the 1983 lawsuits are filed.

Yeah I'm thinking false imprisonment for starters.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:14:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Maybe he can become a moderator and brandish the "Ban Hammer".  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Stupid
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:17:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Don't blame the fucking union.  The DA will probably pretend it didn't happen, and not file appropriate charges.  The union can't get you out of criminal charges, so blame the DA when he doesn't do his job.  There's your real problem.  
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:17:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty standard in union jobs that you get paid while the disciplinary proceeding plays out. Happens with teachers all the time.  

More often without pay pending investigation. Meritless suspension = back pay. Warranted suspension = no back pay.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She refused so that her ass was covered. If she did what the officer told had her she could be arrested on assault charges.

Second if your on hospital property doing medical procedures without permission you're in deep shit. They will boot your ass out and have you arrested for trespassing if you do that. The second you bring someone in they become the responsibility of the hospital. If you have some jackass off the street doing a medical procedure, which a blood draw is, that exposes the hospital to untold amounts liability.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Top notch police work . Promote to sergeant
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top