Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 6:23:00 PM EDT
I recently sold my old PASGT vest and bought an Interceptor. There seems to be a lot of complaints on the interweb that this a crummy vest.
Any body armour experts care to chime in?

Thanks

http://www.geocities.com/yubbh/action-smiley-073.gif
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:30:25 PM EDT
Ballistically its top notch. The usual complaints are about it being front opening (but its much more secure than the PASGT) and it being uncomfortable with the collar/yoke assembly installed. Get ready for the people asking you the hows and wheres of where you got it...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:33:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ArmedAndRetarded:
I recently sold my old PASGT vest and bought an Interceptor. There seems to be a lot of complaints on the interweb that this a crummy vest.
Any body armour experts care to chime in?

Thanks

www.geocities.com/yubbh/action-smiley-073.gif

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:34:15 PM EDT
It's lighter. Especially noticeable when you've got plates in both.

I never liked the PASGT vest. I didn't find a size I was comfortable with. I was either swimming in my armor, or it was kevlar spandex.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:34:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By mcantu:
Ballistically its top notch. The usual complaints are about it being front opening (but its much more secure than the PASGT) and it being uncomfortable with the collar/yoke assembly installed. Get ready for the people asking you the hows and wheres of where you got it...

Civilian versions are available. I believe they have a zipper in place of the velcro under the front flap. I'm not an expert though. My Interceptor is velcro all around. I don't mind the yoke so much, but I haven't worn it for extended periods of time either.

And in case you want to question how I got mine, I work for the .mil.
Top Top