Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2005 6:23:00 PM EDT
I recently sold my old PASGT vest and bought an Interceptor. There seems to be a lot of complaints on the interweb that this a crummy vest.
Any body armour experts care to chime in?

Thanks

http://www.geocities.com/yubbh/action-smiley-073.gif
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Ballistically its top notch.  The usual complaints are about it being front opening (but its much more secure than the PASGT) and it being uncomfortable with the collar/yoke assembly installed.  Get ready for the people asking you the hows and wheres of where you got it...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I recently sold my old PASGT vest and bought an Interceptor. There seems to be a lot of complaints on the interweb that this a crummy vest.
Any body armour experts care to chime in?

Thanks

www.geocities.com/yubbh/action-smiley-073.gif

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#3]
It's lighter.  Especially noticeable when you've got plates in both.

I never liked the PASGT vest.  I didn't find a size I was comfortable with.  I was either swimming in my armor, or it was kevlar spandex.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ballistically its top notch.  The usual complaints are about it being front opening (but its much more secure than the PASGT) and it being uncomfortable with the collar/yoke assembly installed.  Get ready for the people asking you the hows and wheres of where you got it...

Civilian versions are available. I believe they have a zipper in place of the velcro under the front flap. I'm not an expert though. My Interceptor is velcro all around. I don't mind the yoke so much, but I haven't worn it for extended periods of time either.

And in case you want to question how I got mine, I work for the .mil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top