Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:10:15 AM EDT
Did my part this morning. I OCed (which I rarely do) into my local Starbucks. Got me two grande skinny caramel lattes and a spinach/feta wrap. Shockingly my weapon did not leap out of its holster and start gunning down hippies, yuppies and libtards. No sheep wet their pants and ran screaming from the store.

I told the manager thank you for their corporate HQs at least remaining neutral and publicly stating that if it was legal to OC/CC in a particular state then they would not interfere with an individuals rights. Manager was a bit surprised but said he carries a .380 himself.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you just want to show off your vtac M&P.  Id like one myself.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:16:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
please tell me you don't wear those goofy glasses all the time
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I guess I haven't heard anything about this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
do you really wear ears/eyes everywhere you go with a weapon on you. that puts the derp in CCW.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]

I went to Starbucks, but couldn't carry (I work on the college campus across the street).  No one was carrying, but I did my part.  May go back around lunchtime.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:19:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I just got to work after stopping at Starbucks to get my venti casa cielo.
Can't bring firearms on company property, so no pics.
But I did have a chat with the mgr and she said  she carried at work,

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:22:08 AM EDT
[#8]
in before the "open carry is stupid" fuckwits.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:22:45 AM EDT
[#9]
LOL- no I normally have my clear lenses in but I went shooting Sunday and forgot to change them out. Safety glasses are a requirement at work when I jump on the helicopters and if I dont have them on my face I will invariably leave them in the SUV.

And they are Revision eyewear - so I do support an industry partner for Arfcom.

So meh to the haters.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I will be stopping in on my way to the office and be OCing my G35.  I put up a couple flyers in my regular Starbucks with the information for today's rally.  Talked to several managers and staff that thought it was a great idea.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:22:56 AM EDT
[#11]
CC this morning since I was on my way to the office, OC tonight :)
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:24:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I did my part
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:27:24 AM EDT
[#13]
This is stupid.  We're acting like the left on this.  

They don't need press on this issue, it's only going to drive them away from shooters down the road.  Do what you do every day, whether that's open or concealed, and maybe thank them privately and politely for abiding state law if you're a reasonably articulate person.  

Private enterprise shouldn't be forced to pipe up on guns or gay marriage or abortion or any of the prevailing day's talking points.  If they want to overpay for their coffee and sell charity water that's fine, but interest groups on either side shouldn't be pressuring businesses to take a stand about things that have nothing to do with their business.  They exist to make money, not to play sides, and political correctness will eventually win out if we push the issue.  Waving your sentiments in their stores and satirizing their logo with guns is not something their shareholders want, even if it doesn't offend reasonable people (like us..?).

Think before you act.  They're not pro-gun, they're just not anti-gun - yet.  Don't piss them off.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#14]
CCing today but, definitely am going to stop and get something

sorry, still not going to OC around here..... plus my 23 is a utility piece - if I had a nice 1911 and a leather holster I *MAY* entertain the idea....  

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:30:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

They don't need press on this issue, it's only going to drive them away from shooters down the road.  Do what you do every day, whether that's open or concealed, and maybe thank them privately and politely for abiding state law if you're a reasonably articulate person.  

Private enterprise shouldn't be forced to pipe up on guns or gay marriage or abortion or any of the prevailing day's talking points.  If they want to overpay for their coffee and sell charity water that's fine, but interest groups on either side shouldn't be pressuring businesses to take a stand about things that have nothing to do with their business.  They exist to make money, not to play sides, and political correctness will eventually win out if we push the issue.  Waving your sentiments in their stores and satirizing their logo with guns is not something their shareholders want, even if it doesn't offend reasonable people (like us..?).

Think before you act.  They're not pro-gun, they're just not anti-gun - yet.  Don't piss them off.  

we're SUPPORTING a company not BOYCOTTING or pressuring a company, so no, it's not like the left.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:31:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Here's a little something from an anti-starbucks facebook page...

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:33:18 AM EDT
[#17]
The manager of our local Starbucks is an IDPA shooter.  

Saw several open-carry today but that is no different than any other day here.

Even the college kids ignore it or keep comments to themselves.

Our Starbucks also matches coffee contributions to military abroad.  You buy a pound of coffee and they give you a permanent marker and you write a note on the coffee for the troops.  Then Starbucks donates a pound.

Pretty cool Starbucks here.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

we're SUPPORTING a company not BOYCOTTING or pressuring a company, so no, it's not like the left.

I think what he means is, by open carrying vice what we do every day that it's drawing the issue out the same as those yelling about it

I do agree, support them - today and if you're just craving a caffeine fix the rest of the year also....

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:38:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I pictured you a bit more yellow than that OP. lol

Good on you for going guns a blazing for coffee though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

that is exactly what I was thinking.

Shit- the stereotype really does exist.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:41:17 AM EDT
[#21]

Yeah, guns just "go off" all the time.

"Liberalism" is a mental illness.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:47:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Stopped in Kenner, la 'bucks this am.  No protests. Only normal folks buying coffee.  Of course, in LA most folks have a gun or two with them at all times.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 7:36:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Pic taken.... Ill post when I get home

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 9:10:43 AM EDT
[#24]
It's tea but whatever

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I was going to go buy some starbucks for the first time ever today.. but no tax refund yet.  Combine that with the VA being incompetent and it leads to me being broke
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:21:54 PM EDT
[#27]

'MERICA.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:24:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:24:05 PM EDT
[#29]
You OPEN CARRIED while acting responsibly, going about your business like an average joe!!?  You give gun owners a bad name!  

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Connecticut has OC? I would have OCd an RPG if allowed when I lived in Bridgeport.

I like the glasses. I wear those at work in the OR (clear lens). Sawflys?  They are great.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:24:45 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#32]
CC'd my VTAC to get me a large coffee this morning to support the cause.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I bought my two today
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#35]
We had three of us at one place at one time. Oh the Noz. Its funny cause we all were carrying XDs. Didnt take a pic the first time so I just HAD to go back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Good for you.

I frankly would be personally very apprehensive about OC despite it's legalities.  I would buy your coffee tomorrow if I could.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Went today OC. A customer didn't like it and wanted them to make me leave, and the employee told them it was perfectly legal, and my right to carry.

And this was in hippy central Eugene.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Didn't get chance, I was too busy Skiing........in Kansas............no shit.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:50:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Went today OC. A customer didn't like it and wanted them to make me leave, and the employee told them it was perfectly legal, and my right to carry.

And this was in hippy central Eugene.

Was said hippie like
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
in before the "open carry is stupid" fuckwits.

In before
all 2nd amendment gun loving republicans are old and fat,

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The manager of our local Starbucks is an IDPA shooter.  

Saw several open-carry today but that is no different than any other day here.

Even the college kids ignore it or keep comments to themselves.

Our Starbucks also matches coffee contributions to military abroad.  You buy a pound of coffee and they give you a permanent marker and you write a note on the coffee for the troops.  Then Starbucks donates a pound.

Pretty cool Starbucks here.

I normally get my beans a the grocery store. If my Starbucks did that I would always go there to buy. That's pretty damn cool!
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#45]

I don't drink coffee, but I bought one today for the wife unit on my way home.

I know the rules...

Here she is a couple years ago shooting my first AK. My taste in AKs have improved considerably since then. I've been building my own for a while. Same wife.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:07:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Had my first commercial transaction with Starbucks this morning.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Had my first commercial transaction with Starbucks this morning.

Nice!

I bought coffee twice today from Starbucks.  That's more than I did the entire previous year, but I know I didn't make a dent in the boycott.  Other than holidays, I've never seen the Starbucks in our office building so empty.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:17:25 PM EDT
[#49]
I had a coffee and my kid had a cocoa.  No draw downs, no blading, and I tipped 2 (one dollar) bills.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:19:30 PM EDT
[#50]
two stawberries and creme thingys...tasted like ass, cost too much, and i still smell like hippy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top