User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
<snip>
Shockingly my weapon did not leap out of its holster and start gunning down hippies, yuppies and libtards.
<snip>

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/Merkatrig/starbucksoc.jpg

You might need to send it back to the factory and have them fix it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 3:48:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Took my wife and daughter in today for a regular coffee, Java Chip Frappucino, and a White Mocha Frappucino.  Didn't carry since I was heading to work after.  This Starbucks was pretty busy, but it's also located inside a Target store.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
wife did also

no pistol, she was at work and likes keeping her job:

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I met the wife at our local Starbucks today. I was OC'ing my XD45 and she was OC'ing her 637. The cashier looked a little freaked and one guy told his wife that we both (gasp!) were carrying. It reinforced my reason for not OC'ing unless I don't have a choice.

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to a Starbucks in Lancaster PA unfortunately no pics because I didn't know about this thread
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I fo'd.
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice!

If I could OC I would.

But I would also use a retention holster
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:30:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is stupid.  We're acting like the left on this.  

They don't need press on this issue, it's only going to drive them away from shooters down the road.  Do what you do every day, whether that's open or concealed, and maybe thank them privately and politely for abiding state law if you're a reasonably articulate person.  

Private enterprise shouldn't be forced to pipe up on guns or gay marriage or abortion or any of the prevailing day's talking points.  If they want to overpay for their coffee and sell charity water that's fine, but interest groups on either side shouldn't be pressuring businesses to take a stand about things that have nothing to do with their business.  They exist to make money, not to play sides, and political correctness will eventually win out if we push the issue.  Waving your sentiments in their stores and satirizing their logo with guns is not something their shareholders want, even if it doesn't offend reasonable people (like us..?).

Think before you act.  They're not pro-gun, they're just not anti-gun - yet.  Don't piss them off.  

Really?

From John Pierce, Admin at opencarry.org:

"If my experience is any indication, the Buycott of Starbucks was a huge success! When I walked in the door, the manager came over, shook my hand, and asked if he could take a picture of my I love guns and coffee T-shirt. He said that the store had been packed with people open carrying all day. The tip bucket was full of two dollar bills and he said there had been a number of people who had never been to Starbucks before who came by today. He shook my hand again as I was leaving with my delicious pastries and hot chocolate. You better believe that gun owners are welcome in Starbucks after today! :-)"

Link Posted: 2/14/2012 6:35:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Connecticut has OC? I would have OCd an RPG if allowed when I lived in Bridgeport.

I like the glasses. I wear those at work in the OR (clear lens). Sawflys?  They are great.

CT issues a "permit to carry" and the law does not specify the method in which one should carry.

The girl who waited on me didn't seem thrilled with the anti-boycott

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Went today OC. A customer didn't like it and wanted them to make me leave, and the employee told them it was perfectly legal, and my right to carry.

And this was in hippy central Eugene.

Was said hippie like

Yep.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Connecticut has OC? I would have OCd an RPG if allowed when I lived in Bridgeport.

I like the glasses. I wear those at work in the OR (clear lens). Sawflys?  They are great.

CT issues a "permit to carry" and the law does not specify the method in which one should carry.

The girl who waited on me didn't seem thrilled with the anti-boycott

http://i743.photobucket.com/albums/xx78/Andrapos/Starbucks.jpg

Yep - OC is not illegal in CT. The permit says you can carry pistols and revolvers- nothing about how. Lawlor keeps trying to get an anti-OC law put into place every year but so far he falls way flat (and now he is no longer a lawmaker! YAY!). However, this isnt to say you wont be hassled and the cops used to arrest one for breach of peace but even that is a no-no now after the Goldberg fiasco in Glastonbury - and we have the new lawsuit being filed by Burgess (?). And you would be shocked at how many cops I talk to about this who get quite vocal and pissed off when I tell them they are incorrect in assuming we MUST CC.

http://articles.courant.com/2010-04-18/news/hc-open-carry-guns-0418.artapr18_1_gun-owners-gun-laws-permits

And yes I love my Sawflys- I just have to remember to change my lenses out the next time so the fashion police here in GD doesnt jump down my throat!

I also ended up OCing ta my local SB near my house that night- had a nice convo with the cashier about it and she said they had a number of people coming in and tipping $2 bills all day. SOmeone finally clued them in. The barista behind her made a joke and said today would be the wrong day for someone to try and rob the store. I then got my skinny mocha and left.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Nice... love all the two dollar bills in the pictures...

I have a nice collection of them
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top