Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/22/2019 5:32:20 PM
Posted: 4/29/2015 11:13:33 PM EDT
A friendly reminder to consider getting your lead levels checked. I have an acquaintance who recently tested high--long time RO at indoor range and reloader. High lead levels can lead to serious health issues.

Not sure if brought up recently, too lazy to search.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:20:10 PM EDT
I was doing most of the shooting at Barrett for a long time. When we went to the indoor 100 m range, I got my lead level checked . It was elevated, but not dangerous, yet. They went to a remote sled after that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:28:13 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
I was doing most of the shooting at Barrett for a long time. When we went to the indoor 100 m range, I got my lead level checked . It was elevated, but not dangerous, yet. They went to a remote sled after that.
View Quote

We should hang out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:32:32 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50cal:
I was doing most of the shooting at Barrett for a long time. When we went to the indoor 100 m range, I got my lead level checked . It was elevated, but not dangerous, yet. They went to a remote sled after that when it would have been awesome to let arfcom take turns to minimize exposure .
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:32:50 PM EDT
I hired out at a mine that had a heavy metals testing, they wanted a full gallon of piss. Said you could drink whatever you wanted. Guys were in the bar with gallon jugs under their bar stools.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
I got tested during my last physical , it was good , you can ask and get it done during a physical . It is low cost if you buy it . get it done if you handle a lot of bullets or shoot indoors
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:36:22 PM EDT
blood testing is fine, and less likely to be altered by other factors which could affect 24 hour urine levels.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:43:50 AM EDT
Actually there is a historical Pb record in your teeth Dentin that will show the record of your life exposure to lead (think of it like tree rings)

Lead in blood is fleeting - high but has a biological half-life of about a month. Hard to tell if past exposure has been an issue with one test.

Only problem is you would have to pull a tooth to get an analysis
Top Top