Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2015 11:13:33 PM EDT
A friendly reminder to consider getting your lead levels checked. I have an acquaintance who recently tested high--long time RO at indoor range and reloader.  High lead levels can lead to serious health issues.

Not sure if brought up recently, too lazy to search.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I was doing most of the shooting at Barrett for a long time. When we went to the indoor 100 m range, I got my lead level checked . It was elevated, but not dangerous, yet. They went to a remote sled after that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was doing most of the shooting at Barrett for a long time. When we went to the indoor 100 m range, I got my lead level checked . It was elevated, but not dangerous, yet. They went to a remote sled after that.
View Quote

We should hang out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:32:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was doing most of the shooting at Barrett for a long time. When we went to the indoor 100 m range, I got my lead level checked . It was elevated, but not dangerous, yet. They went to a remote sled after that when it would have been awesome to let arfcom take turns to minimize exposure .
View Quote

FIFY  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I hired out at a mine that had a heavy metals testing,  they wanted a full gallon of piss.  Said you could drink whatever you wanted.  Guys were in the bar with gallon jugs under their bar stools.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I got tested during my last physical , it was good , you can ask and get it done during a physical . It is low cost if you buy it . get it done if you handle a lot of bullets or shoot indoors
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
blood testing is fine, and less likely to be altered by other factors which could affect 24 hour urine levels.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:43:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually there is a historical Pb record in your teeth Dentin that will show the record of your life exposure to lead (think of it like tree rings)

Lead in blood is fleeting - high but has a biological half-life of about a month.  Hard to tell if past exposure has been an issue with one test.

Only problem is you would have to pull a tooth to get an analysis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top