Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/22/2012 3:32:09 AM EST
is it legal to alter the shroud on a semiauto 41 to its normal length vice the 16".

i saw biy's for ar's and ak's but not for any other firearm. wtf?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:36:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By PogueMahone:
is it legal to alter the shroud on a semiauto 41 to its normal length vice the 16".

i saw biy's for ar's and ak's but not for any other firearm. wtf?
The normal length of the barrel on a 41 PPSh was much shorter than 16".
There are two semi-auto versions out there (that I know of), one has a 16" barrel, the other a normal barrel but with a pipe welded on to it to make the total length 16".
Altering the length of either would require it to be listed as a SBR.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:42:20 AM EST
understood. not looking to shorten the barrel (yet) just the shroud.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:45:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By PogueMahone:
understood. not looking to shorten the barrel (yet) just the shroud.

So, you have a semi-auto version with a 16" barrel?
I have the version with the pipe welded, and the shroud on my is about 10" (with the pipe sticking out the end)––called the anteater version.
I do not think there is any legal reason you could not shorten the shroud (but I am NOT a lawyer and have no clue, just can't see any reason why you couldn't), but it would end up looking like the anteater
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:46:04 AM EST
There were semi auto Pa-pa-shaws sold with the long and short (correct) length shrouds. I have a long shroud PPSh and I also have an upper with the short shroud. Both are legal as they both have a 16" barrel.
I don't see how altering the shroud has anything to do with the legal length of the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 3:49:22 AM EST
thanks guys! i didn't see why there would be problems but i wanted to make sure!
Top Top