Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2012 4:32:09 AM EDT
is it legal to alter the shroud on a semiauto 41 to its normal length vice the 16".

i saw biy's for ar's and ak's but not for any other firearm. wtf?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

is it legal to alter the shroud on a semiauto 41 to its normal length vice the 16".

i saw biy's for ar's and ak's but not for any other firearm. wtf?
The normal length of the barrel on a 41 PPSh was much shorter than 16".

There are two semi-auto versions out there (that I know of), one has a 16" barrel, the other a normal barrel but with a pipe welded on to it to make the total length 16".

Altering the length of either would require it to be listed as a SBR.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:42:20 AM EDT
[#2]
understood. not looking to shorten the barrel (yet) just the shroud.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:45:07 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

understood. not looking to shorten the barrel (yet) just the shroud.

So, you have a semi-auto version with a 16" barrel?

I have the version with the pipe welded, and the shroud on my is about 10" (with the pipe sticking out the end)––called the anteater version.

I do not think there is any legal reason you could not shorten the shroud (but I am NOT a lawyer and have no clue, just can't see any reason why you couldn't), but it would end up looking like the anteater

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#4]
There were semi auto Pa-pa-shaws sold with the long and short (correct) length shrouds. I have a long shroud PPSh and I also have an upper with the short shroud. Both are legal as they both have a 16" barrel.
I don't see how altering the shroud has anything to do with the legal length of the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:49:22 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys! i didn't see why there would be problems but i wanted to make sure!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top