Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2011 3:37:58 PM EDT
It is amazing to me that we haven't made this man dead.

We live in a United States that frisks 9 year old girls in the airport.  A government that taps phone conversations, text messages, and emails.  We've compromised our privacy and individual liberty in order to feel safe.  We have exponentially grown government and our debt fighting "terrorism".  We have technology that can read a book from orbit, put a guided bomb through a hut door, fly a robotic plane capable of surveillance or death.....and yet this man still lives?

What say you?  Alive or Dead?

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Dead. One way or another.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he's probably alive.

it's unfortunate if he is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#3]
he shaved, cleaned up and had some plastic surgery... WE FUCKING ELECTED HIM!
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:40:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Room temp in a cave.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#5]
That motha fucka pumped my gas on the way home.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw him in a cab....
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this that "Dead or Canadian" game?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Likely alive - and with our support, in some agreement to not do further harm.

Consider the voters/careers that man has begun, a security theater industry that's making the powerful - wealthier and more powerful.

I think he lives, and is on our payroll.  It's all politics - consider who sits in that oval office and tell me that guy has made any effort to get osama's head.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotta be dead. I just can't believe he would remain silent for years. If he was still alive, he would be gloating about it from time to time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Prove me wrong:

He's selling Chili with beans and meat in Mexico.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Not sure we ever cared, but our political and military leaders stopped showing any interest in him since about mid 2002?
It would have been awkward to continue to paint him as the public enemy #1 when we had to get people revved up for Iraq
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:53:09 PM EDT
[#12]
he is dead...and some one is pulling a "weekend at bernies"
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:54:20 PM EDT
[#13]
i've been looking for him every time i hit the Kroger or Ingles on the way home from work about once a week.  I think he might be showing up one of these night.....
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Absence proof to the contrary I have to believe that he is still alive somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Dead. But what the fuck do I know. Tora Bora[sp?].
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:56:26 PM EDT
[#16]
have it from reliable sources some delta folks got him him the cave, cut off his head, iced it down, sent it to bush,

bush has the skull mounted in a room that only old haliburton cohorts are allowed into when they visit.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:57:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
have it from reliable sources some delta folks got him him the cave, cut off his head, iced it down, sent it to bush,

bush has the skull mounted in a room that only old haliburton cohorts are allowed into when they visit.

Skull and Bones West.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#20]
He and Whitey Bulger run a gay sex club in Amsterdam
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Skull and Bones West.

on a less tongue and cheek comment, i'll never forget, i think it was patreus during an interview when asked would they find osama, would they find sadam. he was certain that they would find sadam and seemed pretty certain that osama 'might never be found'. i found that interesting, especially after sadam was captured. you've heard zero about osama since tora bora (more or less). my guess is those who know, know the fate of osama, which could be anything from dead in tora bora to in some permanent dungeon somewhere most likely offshore. but he is 'permanently' out of the picture and they know it and they also know that it will remain a mystery for sometime, perhaps forever.

a fitting 'ending' might be one i read in a book recently..

they had this guy who'd caused someone else a lot of pain. in the end, they cut out his eyes, cut off his tongue and puntrured his ears. and then kept him alive for years in a dungeon. osama deserves such a fate (not death which is wha the wanted i guess).
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gotta be dead. I just can't believe he would remain silent for years. If he was still alive, he would be gloating about it from time to time.

Last tape was released in January.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:09:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's what i think...
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Alive.  Living in Iran most likely.  

He is resilient.  When he fought against the Soviets when they invaded Afghanistan.,....he was right under their nose.  He is not afraid to die.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
he shaved, cleaned up and had some plastic surgery... WE FUCKING ELECTED HIM!

Winning!

Losing!
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Skull and Bones West.

on a less tongue and cheek comment, i'll never forget, i think it was patreus during an interview when asked would they find osama, would they find sadam. he was certain that they would find sadam and seemed pretty certain that osama 'might never be found'. i found that interesting, especially after sadam was captured. you've heard zero about osama since tora bora (more or less). my guess is those who know, know the fate of osama, which could be anything from dead in tora bora to in some permanent dungeon somewhere most likely offshore. but he is 'permanently' out of the picture and they know it and they also know that it will remain a mystery for sometime, perhaps forever.

Continuing the "less tongue in cheek" mode, I knew someone who was one of the first ones into Tora Bora after the rocks stopped falling. His opinion was that there was no way anyone made it out alive from there, and that's what I've based my belief on.

I think he's still hidden in a cave somewhere, but with a few hundred tons of gravel between him and daylight.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Dead. A long time ago.

ETA: You got to love the boogie man concept keeping him relevant though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Alive. Hate him all we want, but the motherfucker is a survivor. I've heard credible theories that he's either A) hiding in Pakistan, likely the Baluchistan region by now, B) managed to escape by boat and made his way by sea to rural Indonesia or C) under comfortable house arrest as a guest of the Ayatollahs in Iran.

Wherever he is, he's not relevant to Al Qaeda like he was a decade ago. The majority of his assets are frozen or inaccessible and he's in poor health, and to appear on video tape now would show him as frail and weak. He communicates only through courier and his bodyguards would kill him before letting him be captured.

Killing or capturing him would be a waste of time and resources right now, might even have an adverse affect by making him a symbolic martyr to rally around. There are far more dangerous and operationally capable fish to fry anyways.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#29]
He is alive and in captivity on a cargo ship somewhere between the Indian Ocean and South China Sea.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#30]
He's dead.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

We have technology that can read a book from orbit,

No we don't. Soviets maybe, but we can't put a lens in space with a long enough diameter to read more than a license plate. Hopefully SpaceX can someday.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Osama bin laden dead or alive post # what? atleast 50?
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#33]
They got an audio tape from him within the last 12 months.

I think he is holed up in some Pashtun shithole, with some fatal disease or syndrome.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No we don't. Soviets maybe, but we can't put a lens in space with a long enough diameter to read more than a license plate. Hopefully SpaceX can someday.  

No comment.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep, I'm sure he surface just to rub our nose in it. I'm betting on the bombs at Tora Bora got him.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I think he's probably alive.

it's unfortunate if he is.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#37]
I keep hope that some leak will confirm his death.   But there are couple of factors that lead me to believe he is alive.  First, the radicals would use him as a martyr.  A dead martyr is a powerful tool for them.  Second, politicians and military leaders would be very excited to be the ones to announce his death or capture.   I feel sure Bush would have very much liked to announce his demise to the American people.  

So I can't see any logical reason why either side would pretend he was alive if he wasn't.    
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:01:07 PM EDT
[#38]
He's (been) dead, Jim.

Why are we silent?  Sleeper agents here may activate if they learn he's dead.  We also need the bogeyman to maintain Homeland Security.  I understand that the German Stasi's Marcus Wolf was brought in as a consultant to help organize that branch of gubmint.  

OBL was a diabetic and he needed the big bloodsucking machine to stay alive.   Those portables only work for a while before he needs the big vampire to clean his blood.  I say he's deader than Rasputin.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Alive.

And living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, D.C.

Banging the wookie when the prez is out of town.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#40]
For all we know,

Quoted:
Alive.

And living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Washington, D.C.

Banging the wookie when the prez is out of town.

THIS
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#41]
I say alive and well, protected with Pakistani assistance.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:18:46 PM EDT
[#42]
zombie
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:19:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Likely alive - and with our support, in some agreement to not do further harm.

Consider the voters/careers that man has begun, a security theater industry that's making the powerful - wealthier and more powerful.

I think he lives, and is on our payroll.  It's all politics - consider who sits in that oval office and tell me that guy has made any effort to get osama's head.

Please tell me you are kidding. Yes there are shitheads that took advantage of a situation OBL caused to grab some power, make money, etc, but those same folks would do the same thing if they had his head on a pike. The kenyan in chief could act like his balls have dropped and everything. No way the .gov could pull something like that off.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Three words: Mirror array telescope.
I'd assume NSA and pals can/have done it if we can do it publicly:
Second will be the mirroring system. If JWST was using a single mirror like the Hubble, the mirror would have been too large to get into orbit aboard a rocket, that’s why it is using an array of mirrors that are folded up like the petals of a flower until it reaches it’s target location (the 2nd laGrange point) and then deploys or unfolds its mirrors.

Unless there is an insurmountable hurdled present with a visual-spectrum version of JWST.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Liviing in Jersey........really.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#46]
He might be alive, but if he is he's probably powerless by now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#47]
He was a killed by a bunker buster tipped with a  tactical nuke at Tora Bora   ( first 7.0 + earthquake in the region in 100 years)  yeh right.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Dead.

He was never a healthy guy and was always plagued by low blood pressure and other illnesses.

Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Goldstein has been dead for years.
Link Posted: 4/24/2011 5:34:23 PM EDT
[#50]
He's alive.
We'd know if he were dead.
Why we let him escape Tora Bora is a question that I doubt will be answered in my lifetime.

We don't really seem to want him too badly anymore.

Besides, it is far easier feeling up little kids in airports and harassing law-abiding, patriotic americans.

Fuckers are running out of time though. They'll have a lot bigger problems than Bin Laden when that happens.

My guess is that he has relinquished a fair amount of leadership to others who have been brought up to fill various leadership slots so he is not as much a threat as he was. Al Qaeda is, however. They are just otherwise occupied for now and are probably trying like Hell to get their hands on a nuke.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top