Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/21/2008 4:54:26 PM EDT
I am back in college and cannot CCW. I have a folder but would like something I can use as blunt force rather than just cut/slash...

***The preceding statement was intended for a mature audience and in no way suggests acts of an offensive nature. I would be using the baton for defensive purposes only.***

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:56:04 PM EDT
I think a baton would bring a LOT of liability via lawsuit if you used it for self-defense (Broken bones, internal injuries, etc). How about a Taser?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:58:17 PM EDT
No-go in TX for concealed last time I checked
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:05:49 PM EDT
Do you really want to have to close with your attacker just to use it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:08:33 PM EDT
Check your state laws very carefully. In some states, carrying a collapsible baton is treated along the same lines as carrying a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:10:44 PM EDT
OC, perhaps?

How about a cane? Those are legal pretty much everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 5:12:24 PM EDT by Towely]

Originally Posted By Quintin:
Check your state laws very carefully. In some states, carrying a collapsible baton is treated along the same lines as carrying a firearm.

It's a stick... Gotta love our politicians...

I would suggest OC as a first option but i'd also have a backup plan.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:15:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pale_pony:
Do you really want to have to close with your attacker just to use it?

Better than a 4" folder for stand-off. Heck, I'd rather be far away from an attacker! But if the worst happens, then I want all the advantage I can get...legally.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:18:18 PM EDT
Not allowed to carry on campus: is it a rule or a law? Because rules are for suckers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:18:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2008 5:20:40 PM EDT by sic_ness]
Bear Spray.

If there's a shooter a la VT, and you cannot carry a firearm, bear spray will cover about 30 feet no problem.

I mean, everyone in the room will be blinded also, but hey...

eta:

Originally Posted By Joe731:
Not allowed to carry on campus: is it a rule or a law? Because rules are for suckers.

It was not law at my college, but you'd pretty much get expelled if they found a gun in your possession on campus. So not a law, but you're putting X-number of years of education to waste if you carry. Where are your priorities, you know?
(I carried BTW)
Top Top