Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2008 4:54:26 PM EDT
I am back in college and cannot CCW. I have a folder but would like something I can use as blunt force rather than just cut/slash...

***The preceding statement was intended for a mature audience and in no way suggests acts of an offensive nature. I would be using the baton for defensive purposes only.***

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a baton would bring a LOT of liability via lawsuit if you used it for self-defense (Broken bones, internal injuries, etc). How about a Taser?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
No-go in TX for concealed last time I checked
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you really want to have to close with your attacker just to use it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Check your state laws very carefully.  In some states, carrying a collapsible baton is treated along the same lines as carrying a firearm.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
OC, perhaps?

How about a cane? Those are legal pretty much everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Check your state laws very carefully.  In some states, carrying a collapsible baton is treated along the same lines as carrying a firearm.

It's a stick...    Gotta love our politicians...

I would suggest OC as a first option but i'd also have a backup plan.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do you really want to have to close with your attacker just to use it?

Better than a 4" folder for stand-off. Heck, I'd rather be far away from an attacker! But if the worst happens, then I want all the advantage I can get...legally.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:18:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Not allowed to carry on campus: is it a rule or a law?  Because rules are for suckers.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Bear Spray.

If there's a shooter a la VT, and you cannot carry a firearm, bear spray will cover about 30 feet no problem.

I mean, everyone in the room will be blinded also, but hey...

eta:

Quoted:
Not allowed to carry on campus: is it a rule or a law?  Because rules are for suckers.

It was not law at my college, but you'd pretty much get expelled if they found a gun in your possession on campus. So not a law, but you're putting X-number of years of education to waste if you carry. Where are your priorities, you know?
(I carried BTW)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top