Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 6/3/2008 5:28:50 AM EST
I said to myself, let's get an hour of fishing in this morning before settling in to work on various projects.

This guy was a chunky 18";about 3 lbs. I caught her out of the slop you can see in the upper left of the picture on an unweighted 7" purple/red curly tail power worm. I know that's bait fish size to you boys in the south, but that's a northern largemouth and they just don't grow as fast.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:32:35 AM EST
Shit man, nice fish...what do you do?

Speed
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:34:47 AM EST
Good score
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:54:31 AM EST
3 pounders are fun. Nice fish!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:56:10 AM EST
But you really dont get the fun of being able to gut'em on the TPS reports...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:48:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By speedracer422:
Shit man, nice fish...what do you do?

Speed

Semi-pro fisherman.

Actually I'm a writer and i don't get to fish anywhere near as much as I would like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 10:58:52 AM EST
I thought you were going to say you can fap anytime you want without worrying about the boss walking in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:00:22 AM EST
I hope to enjoy those benefits (well, I'll have to learn to fish...) when I'm self employed.

Nice fish, that'll make a nice meal for two.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:02:08 AM EST
Nice it's dinner time. I'm in IL and fish for dinner a lot. I have a nice big fryer......yummy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:26:57 AM EST
Bass season is closed here until 6/14.

and I mainly fish c & r. Though I saute up a mess o' crappie every now and then.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:31:47 AM EST
Great day
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:32:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:36:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:

Originally Posted By DavidC:

and I mainly fish c & r. Though I saute up a mess o' crappie every now and then.

Mmmm... Curio and Relic fishing...

Well, I do keep reading about all those tragic boating accidents here...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:39:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:41:45 AM EST

Mmmm... Curio and Relic fishing...

Well, I do keep reading about all those tragic boating accidents here...

HA!

Good looking fish. Nice catch. You could turn him into a dinner pic. Win the contest going on in the team forum.

Not legally in PA until 6/14. Season rules.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:50:55 AM EST
Looks like you had a great morning.

Working for yourself has all kinds of benefits.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:40:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By glk38:
Looks like you had a great morning.

Working for yourself has all kinds of benefits.

And after taking a look at the weather forecast I'm glad I took the time; seems like we'll be having thunderstorms here at least through Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:02:07 AM EST
It's been storming off and on for the last day and a half, but when I finished a web seminar I was presenting ~ 1 PM I grabbed an ultralite setup with the smallest floating Rapala crankbait in a shad pattern and headed over to the pond.

In an hour I caught about 2 dozen sunnies, a bunch of small bass, one nice 1.5 lb bass and a couple of good size black crappie. One 24 inch or so pike fought me for a bit but I lost him about a foot from the bank. If I had known the crappie were going to be hitting and that they would be decent size, I would have made plans to bring a few back for a dinner pic

This guy would go about a pound or so...

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:08:11 AM EST

It's been storming off and on for the last day and a half, but when I finished a web seminar I was presenting ~ 1 PM I grabbed an ultralite setup with the smallest floating Rapala crankbait in a shad pattern and headed over to the pond.

In an hour I caught about 2 dozen sunnies, a bunch of small bass, one nice 1.5 lb bass and a couple of good size black crappie. One 24 inch or so pike fought me for a bit but I lost him about a foot from the bank. If I had known the crappie were going to be hitting and that they would be decent size, I would have made plans to bring a few back for a dinner pic

This guy would go about a pound or so...

www.digitalperf.com/photo/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_0220.JPG

I've always enjoyed crappie on a light fly rig using a sneaky pete's or a hopper w/ a midge trailing on the hook.

Good times.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:33:06 PM EST

Originally Posted By mcculver5:

I've always enjoyed crappie on a light fly rig using a sneaky pete's or a hopper w/ a midge trailing on the hook.

Good times.

I can use a fly rod off my boat at my local lake, but the banks are too overgrown with trees to easily use a fly. It's tough enough with a spinning rod in most of the bank spots I use for these quick trips.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:08:46 PM EST

Good times.

I can use a fly rod off my boat at my local lake, but the banks are too overgrown with trees to easily use a fly. It's tough enough with a spinning rod in most of the bank spots I use for these quick trips.

Yep.

Sometimes even a perfected "S" cast won't get you in under the cover.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:11:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2008 5:11:48 PM EST by rexydg7]

Good times.

5 weight... roll cast..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:19:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/5/2008 5:22:14 PM EST by jrinfoley]
Very nice fish! I fish for smallmouth and goggle eye in our Ozark streams. I would be proud to catch that largemouth!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:19:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By rexydg7:

5 weight... roll cast..

I barely had room to use a 5' ultralight spinner.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:25:35 AM EST
Nice. What county are you in? We've had nothing but crappy weather for the last 2 days here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:40:12 AM EST
Mmm, fish fillet! I can't wait to see the dinner pics!

-James
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:04:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Tacberry:
Nice. What county are you in? We've had nothing but crappy weather for the last 2 days here.

Lower Bucks at the moment. And yes, the weather has been pretty poor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:27:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/6/2008 4:27:58 AM EST by stockshift]
David, very nice! Did you catch that at your NE PA "bunker"?

Edit: oops, didn't see your last post. Guess not ... have to try and make the next SF event.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:47:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By stockshift:
David, very nice! Did you catch that at your NE PA "bunker"?

Edit: oops, didn't see your last post. Guess not ... have to try and make the next SF event.

Probably should talk to Ops about scheduling another event soon.
Top Top