Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 6:28:50 AM EDT
I said to myself, let's get an hour of fishing in this morning before settling in to work on various projects.

This guy was a chunky 18";about 3 lbs.  I caught her out of the slop you can see in the upper left of the picture on an unweighted 7" purple/red curly tail power worm. I know that's bait fish size to you boys in the south, but that's a northern largemouth and they just don't grow as fast.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:32:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Shit man, nice fish...what do you do?

Speed
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Good score
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:54:31 AM EDT
[#3]
3 pounders are fun. Nice fish!
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
But you really dont get the fun of being able to gut'em on the TPS reports...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shit man, nice fish...what do you do?

Speed

Semi-pro fisherman.  
Actually I'm a writer and i don't get to fish anywhere near as much as I would like.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I thought you were going to say you can fap anytime you want without worrying about the boss walking in.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:00:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope to enjoy those benefits (well, I'll have to learn to fish...) when I'm self employed.

Nice fish, that'll make a nice meal for two.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice it's dinner time. I'm in IL and fish for dinner a lot. I have a nice big fryer......yummy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Bass season is closed here until 6/14.

and I mainly fish c & r.  Though I saute up a mess o' crappie every now and then.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Great day
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and I mainly fish c & r.  Though I saute up a mess o' crappie every now and then.

Mmmm... Curio and Relic fishing...

Well, I do keep reading about all those tragic boating accidents here...
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mmmm... Curio and Relic fishing...

Well, I do keep reading about all those tragic boating accidents here...

HA!

Good looking fish.  Nice catch.  You could turn him into a dinner pic.  Win the contest going on in the team forum.  

Not legally in PA until 6/14.  Season rules.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like you had a great morning.

Working for yourself has all kinds of benefits.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Looks like you had a great morning.

Working for yourself has all kinds of benefits.

And after taking a look at the weather forecast I'm glad I took the time; seems like we'll be having thunderstorms here at least through Thursday.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
It's been storming off and on for the last day and a half, but when I finished a web seminar I was presenting ~ 1 PM I grabbed an ultralite setup with the smallest floating Rapala crankbait in a shad pattern and headed over to the pond.

In an hour I caught about 2 dozen sunnies, a bunch of small bass, one nice 1.5 lb bass and a couple of good size black crappie. One 24 inch or so pike fought me for a bit but I lost him about a foot from the bank. If I had known the crappie were going to be hitting and that they would be decent size, I would have made plans to bring a few back for a dinner pic

This guy would go about a pound or so...

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
It's been storming off and on for the last day and a half, but when I finished a web seminar I was presenting ~ 1 PM I grabbed an ultralite setup with the smallest floating Rapala crankbait in a shad pattern and headed over to the pond.

In an hour I caught about 2 dozen sunnies, a bunch of small bass, one nice 1.5 lb bass and a couple of good size black crappie. One 24 inch or so pike fought me for a bit but I lost him about a foot from the bank. If I had known the crappie were going to be hitting and that they would be decent size, I would have made plans to bring a few back for a dinner pic

This guy would go about a pound or so...

www.digitalperf.com/photo/albums/userpics/10001/IMG_0220.JPG

I've always enjoyed crappie on  a light fly rig using a sneaky pete's or a hopper  w/ a midge trailing on the hook.

Good times.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I've always enjoyed crappie on  a light fly rig using a sneaky pete's or a hopper  w/ a midge trailing on the hook.

Good times.

I can use a fly rod off my boat at my local lake, but the banks are too overgrown with trees to easily use a fly. It's tough enough with a spinning rod in most of the bank spots I use for these quick trips.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good times.

I can use a fly rod off my boat at my local lake, but the banks are too overgrown with trees to easily use a fly. It's tough enough with a spinning rod in most of the bank spots I use for these quick trips.

Yep.

Sometimes even a perfected "S" cast won't get you in under the cover.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:11:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good times.

5 weight... roll cast..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Very nice fish!  I fish for smallmouth and goggle eye in our Ozark streams.  I would be proud to catch that largemouth!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:19:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

5 weight... roll cast..

I barely had room to use a 5' ultralight spinner.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice.  What county are you in?  We've had nothing but crappy weather for the last 2 days here.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Mmm, fish fillet!  I can't wait to see the dinner pics!

-James
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:04:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Nice.  What county are you in?  We've had nothing but crappy weather for the last 2 days here.

Lower Bucks at the moment.  And yes, the weather has been pretty poor.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#27]
David, very nice!  Did you catch that at your NE PA "bunker"?  

Edit:  oops, didn't see your last post.  Guess not ... have to try and make the next SF event.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
David, very nice!  Did you catch that at your NE PA "bunker"?  

Edit:  oops, didn't see your last post.  Guess not ... have to try and make the next SF event.

Probably should talk to Ops about scheduling another event soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top