Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1290 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Regarding Ukranians and how they vote in the US, just look at what they said when liberal news media came to Parma, Ohio since it has one of, or the, largest groups of Ukranians in the USA:

"Most of the the Parma voters I spoke with aren't thinking about domestic politics right now. When I asked what they thought about Trump saying that Putin was a "genius and "savvy," several blamed fake news/liberal journalists or insisted that Trump was just "joking around with the media."
View Quote
You can see the crosspressures at work. On the one hand, Parma is textbook Republican territory: 90 percent white with a median age above the national average, and education levels far below the national average. But these demographics are running headlong into "America First."
View Quote

This was from an article of a hyper-anti-Republican website (https://www.thebulwark.com/the-politics-of-ukraine-in-an-ohio-town/), and it definitely paints Ohio's Ukranians as being rabidly conservative.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

I almost don’t even know how to answer this other than the world view some of you have is utterly absurd.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Balu:

Sadly this is true. Especially for people who didn't decide to leave the country and only ended up in the US as refugees from war. The majority of those will most certainly have extreme leftist views in terms of the American political spectrum. For example they typically have an expectation of cradle-to-grave welfare and a view that government should provide everything. This is true for people from any Central or Eastern European countries. Does that mean all of them think that way? No, there are exceptions of course, but most of them do. They can't help it, Government handouts is all they've ever known.

I almost don’t even know how to answer this other than the world view some of you have is utterly absurd.

Thank god you posted that. I thought I was the only one who felt that way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By sq40:

NK is just ate up with dumbass for doing that right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
In other news:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOmRIsxXIAAbNcV?format=jpg&name=large

NK is just ate up with dumbass for doing that right now.

Why? It's a smart move on their part. Nobody's going to do anything about it. Biden's already got his diaper hands full.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
So what do I need to be watching for.

France running out all their subs is one…..and?
View Quote

Just a WAG, but maybe B52 sitting at your local airport, or a KC135?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

is that same Atlanta immigrant welcome mat bringing in those thousands of folks from south-of-the-border, putting them on buses and flights under cover of darkness, and redistributing them to red states to influence future voting outcomes?  just wondering...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

Agreed!  I would welcome as many Ukrainian refugees as we can get to the US.  I would take any Eastern Europeans and Central Europeans.  The anti immigrant folks are highly misguided and flat out uninformed.  I hope we bring in millions of those refugees from this war and support them as much as possible.  I'm working with a group in Atlanta to do just that.

is that same Atlanta immigrant welcome mat bringing in those thousands of folks from south-of-the-border, putting them on buses and flights under cover of darkness, and redistributing them to red states to influence future voting outcomes?  just wondering...

No, I'm talking about Ukrainian refugees.  Educated, white people with conservative values and ethics.  But at the same time, we need some good hispanics as well.  We have a huge shortage of workers in this country and it is not going to get better anytime soon.  Ukrainians developed the first Russian A-bomb, their space program, their biotech program, ship building, steel industry, and aerospace industry.  Seems like a type of population that could succeed in the US.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Which shops are these?

I’m about 20 pages out of date on this thread
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFUQBJrLQqA

Hit on the second ship? When I watched the original, I wasn't sure.
Blown up a little and it sure looks like it.

Which shops are these?

Russia's alligator landing ships. They had been using them to land men and equipment for the costal area...

Operative words "had been"
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:34:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#7]
Originally Posted By MeestaSparkle:

Just food for thought.  They aren't letting in a random cross-section of Ukrainians.  For refugess status you have to show some kind of oppression based on race, religion, lgbtq, etc.  Here is what is being reported about who they plan to open up for:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna21106

"The plan would allow vulnerable Ukrainians, specifically activists, journalists and those who are part of the LGBTQ community, to safely enter the U.S. at least temporarily. It would also expedite the reunification of Ukrainians with U.S.-based family members, the sources said."

I'm not commenting on the morality of whatever restrictions, just did not see any requirements mentioned in the discussion.

View Quote
Aren't they mostly women, children and elderly? They'll be eligible. The "lucky" ones will get shoehorned into NOVA with all of the other imports. The unlucky ones will get thrown into section 8 projects and try to go back after one week, upon realizing they just moved to a different warzone. I feel bad for them. I might break out the rosary actually.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SpaceGuy:
Regarding Ukranians and how they vote in the US, just look at what they said when liberal news media came to Parma, Ohio since it has one of, or the, largest groups of Ukranians in the USA:

This was from an article of a hyper-anti-Republican website (https://www.thebulwark.com/the-politics-of-ukraine-in-an-ohio-town/), and it definitely paints Ohio's Ukranians as being rabidly conservative.

View Quote

A lot of those Ukrainians left Ukraine for good reasons.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:40:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Phocks] [#9]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

Our immigration system favors poor third world citizens, so it's obvious why the data you posted is true. We turn away people that are likely to be anti-communist, like Cubans.

View Quote

In theory, Cubans don't get special treatment, in practice Cubans that reach the US get to stay forever because reasons.  The number of Cuban smuggling (people and narcotics) organizations on the southern border has exploded.  And despite the rhetoric here, the overwhelming majority of Cubans arriving in the last 20 years are coming here for an easy life, not ideology.  Out of hundreds of Cubans I've interviewed, only 2 presented even vaguely credible actual asylum cases.  The rest already had jobs and apartments lined up, and almost all show up wearing nice clothes and stylish haircuts.  The women, without exception, have freshly done nails, which is something that sticks out for me for some reason.

ETA this not the thread to discuss immigration policy
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:40:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
I'm alright with taking a few million, but statistically, a majority immigrants and refugees vote left. They just do, and we won't know if Ukrainians are any different until after they come here. I'm curious if there's data out about the ones that came as a result of the revolution a few years back. I knew a couple and got along with them just fine.
View Quote

I know Polish and Ukrainian immigrants.  NONE are left of center and neither are their home countries.  Rest easy, they aren't what we are used to as far as fence jumpers and people who hang on C17s etc.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Maria Butina, a Russian woman convicted of acting as an unregistered foreign agent before and after the 2016 election, is among the hundreds of Russian lawmakers facing new sanctions from the Biden administration.

The US Treasury announced on Thursday that 328 members of Russia's State Duma  the lower house of its parliament  will be sanctioned for supporting Russia's month-long war against Ukraine.

Butina pleaded guilty in 2018 to conspiring to act as an unregistered foreign agent after prosecutors alleged she forged ties with powerful conservatives and the National Rifle Association to try and influence policy in Russia's favor. At her sentencing in 2019, Judge Tanya Chutkan noted that Butina came to the United States as a graduate student at American University but was "not simply seeking to learn about the US political system."

Chutkan described Butina's scheme as "sophisticated" and noted that it coincided with Russia's interference in US elections.

Butina served 15 months in prison before returning to Russia and becoming a member of the Duma.

In a New York Times interview last year, Butina insisted that she "wasn't a spy" for Russia and that her Duma seat was not a "reward."

In addition to Russian lawmakers, dozens of defense companies and the CEO of its largest financial institution Sberbank are being targeted by the sanctions.
"The United States, with our partners and allies, is striking at the heart of Russia's ability to finance and carry out its warfare and atrocities against Ukraine, Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen said in the statement.

She added: "The Russian State Duma continues to support Putin's invasion, stifle the free flow of information, and infringe on the basic rights of the citizens of Russia. We call on those closest to Putin to cease and condemn this cold-blooded war."
View Quote

Maria Butina, the convicted Russian spy who tried to infiltrate the NRA, was targeted in the latest round of US sanctions
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:41:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Sure looks like that ship is on fire.
View All Quotes

Sure looks like that ship is on fire.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

This confirms my earlier thoughts that the US and NATO are slow rolling arms to UKR to drag this out.  It's a shitty thing to do to UKR.  Call me cynical but these elites don't care about the misery and figure they'll some how profit on the back side when UKR rebuilding finally happens.  They're also so scared of Putin that they're banking a slow boil of Putin and Russia will not result in Russia escalating to Nukes or chem/bio attacks.

That's a dangerous gamble.....

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Niall Ferguson, Bloomberg

"The only end game now," a senior administration official was heard to say at a private event earlier this month, "is the end of Putin regime. Until then, all the time Putin stays, [Russia] will be a pariah state that will never be welcomed back into the community of nations. China has made a huge error in thinking Putin will get away with it. Seeing Russia get cut off will not look like a good vector and they'll have to re-evaluate the Sino-Russia axis. All this is to say that democracy and the West may well look back on this as a pivotal strengthening moment."

I gather that senior British figures are talking in similar terms. There is a belief that "the U.K.'s No. 1 option is for the conflict to be extended and thereby bleed Putin." Again and again, I hear such language. It helps explain, among other things, the lack of any diplomatic effort by the U.S. to secure a cease-fire.  It also explains the readiness of President Joe Biden to call Putin a war criminal.

This confirms my earlier thoughts that the US and NATO are slow rolling arms to UKR to drag this out.  It's a shitty thing to do to UKR.  Call me cynical but these elites don't care about the misery and figure they'll some how profit on the back side when UKR rebuilding finally happens.  They're also so scared of Putin that they're banking a slow boil of Putin and Russia will not result in Russia escalating to Nukes or chem/bio attacks.

The other way to look at it is a few thousand (or tens of thousands) Ukrainian deaths worth it to avoid tens of millions (or hundreds of millions) dead in a nuclear exchange.  Sounds callous I know,  but that is the other side of the dangerous gamble.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Just food for thought.  They aren’t letting in a random cross-section of Ukrainians.  For refugess status you have to show some kind of oppression based on race, religion, lgbtq, etc.  Here is what is being reported about who they plan to open up for:

“The plan would allow vulnerable Ukrainians, specifically activists, journalists and those who are part of the LGBTQ community, to safely enter the U.S. at least temporarily. It would also expedite the reunification of Ukrainians with U.S.-based family members, the sources said.”

I’m not commenting on the morality of whatever restrictions, just did not see any requirements mentioned in the discussion.
View Quote

so normal upstanding Ukranians are told to bugger off, I guess.  I guess they'll be staying in Europe, but we're gonna admit 100,000 activists, "journalists", and LGBTQIAWTF fruits and nuts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Exclusive: Russia Backs Europe's Far Right

Emails and documents show just how closely Italian, French, German and Austrian politicians coordinate with Moscow

Last November, during Matteo's working visit to Moscow, my boss arranged a private meeting with him, renting a room on the same floor of the Lotte Hotel to prevent the Western press from catching wind of the meeting.

So wrote Mikhail Yakushev, a Russian national, in a Microsoft Word document he emailed to himself on June 18, 2019. Yakushev is the director of Tsargrad, an organization in Russia that describes itself as a group of companies whose mission is "the revival of the greatness of the Russian Empire."

"Matteo" referred to Matteo Salvini, the former Italian deputy prime minister and interior minister and current leader of the League, Italy's nationalist and anti-migrant party. Now a senator in Italy's upper chamber of Parliament, Salvini has been an avowed admirer of Russian President Vladimir Putin, whom in 2019 he labeled "the best statesman currently on earth."

The documents and digital correspondence, obtained by New Lines from the London-based Dossier Center, in collaboration with Estonian news outlet Delfi, Italian magazine l'Espresso, German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung and German public broadcaster Westdeutscher Rundfunk, offer documentary evidence of just how much a major European party known for its racist and xenophobic politics has relied on financing and strategic political support from a key proxy and influence peddler of the Kremlin.

As Moscow rounds out its first month of an illicit war in Ukraine undertaken on a flimsy pretext of "de-Nazification," these communications show it is thoroughly aligned with a host of extremist right-wing politicians and activists throughout Europe who come far closer to satisfying the definition of fascism than does the embattled government in Kyiv.

Yakushev's boss and the chairperson of the Tsargrad group of companies is Konstantin Malofeev, a Russian politician and business owner more commonly known as the "Orthodox oligarch" for his outward religiosity. Malofeev has been sanctioned by the EU and the U.S. for his involvement in the Russian annexation of Crimea from Ukrainian control in 2014. Ukraine has accused him of financing illegal pro-Russian paramilitary groups.

In the document Yakushev sent himself, he expressed concern that the "situation had drastically deteriorated" and "now we cannot continue to have contact with Matteo." According to the document, the contact between Salvini and Tsargrad had been Salvini's adviser Gianluca Savoini, who had "lost his free access to his boss."

In February, the Italian magazine l'Espresso published an investigation in which it revealed Savoini's secret negotiations in Moscow with an apparent aim to acquire millions of euros' worth of covert funding to the League ahead of the EU parliamentary elections in 2019.

As a result of that expos, Yakushev's document noted that Savoini was "under the watchful eye of the local [Italian] security services." He pondered how to get in contact with Salvini, whom he always referred to by his first name, "so that he can allocate a reliable person to contact us, with whom we can communicate in Russia or anywhere in Europe."

The same document described a plan to hold a convention in the fall of 2019 at the Konstantinovsky Palace in St. Petersburg. The leaders of the European Parliament's freshly created Identity and Democracy faction, uniting its far-right political parties, would be invited to attend. The meeting would be covered by the international press.

The event never took place.
View Quote

Continues...

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#17]

If she seduces me, I'll tell her everything I know about American politics and the military industrial complex.

I can guarantee both events will be disappointing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#18]

And written on the back of a GM car
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/PXL_20220324_144818266_2_jpg-2324467.JPG

Interesting find today...

And written on the back of a GM car

Chevrolet very popular in Russia. Far East folks go to Alaska and buy pickup trucks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#19]

This was from an article of a hyper-anti-Republican website (https://www.thebulwark.com/the-politics-of-ukraine-in-an-ohio-town/), and it defintitely paints Ohio's Ukranians as being rabidly conservative.

View All Quotes

"Most of the the Parma voters I spoke with aren't thinking about domestic politics right now. When I asked what they thought about Trump saying that Putin was a "genius and "savvy," several blamed fake news/liberal journalists or insisted that Trump was just "joking around with the media."
You can see the crosspressures at work. On the one hand, Parma is textbook Republican territory: 90 percent white with a median age above the national average, and education levels far below the national average. But these demographics are running headlong into "America First."

This was from an article of a hyper-anti-Republican website (https://www.thebulwark.com/the-politics-of-ukraine-in-an-ohio-town/), and it defintitely paints Ohio's Ukranians as being rabidly conservative.

I became hardcore pro-2nd Ammendment as a child before I even knew what the 2nd Amendment was - and that was because of my Ukrainian immigrant grandparents.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#20]
If you haven’t seen it, you should.  The former PM of Finland gave an excellent interview:

Putin Past the Point of No Return | Putin's Europe Problem | GZERO World with Ian Bremmer
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By glklvr:

If she seduces me, I'll tell her everything I know about American politics and the military industrial complex.

I can guarantee both events will be disappointing.
View Quote
kompromat/kmprmt/

noun

compromising information collected for use in blackmailing, discrediting, or manipulating someone, typically for political purposes.
"the leak shows that kompromat need not reveal anything illegal to be damaging"

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Russia's alligator landing ships. They had been using them to land men and equipment for the costal area...

Operative words "had been"
View Quote

Perhaps they now have to worry that any ship they put near the coast will get blown to shit. It seems like the kind of thing that would make a country jumpy about losing their expensive ships. I'll bet replacing a ship is a bit more difficult than replacing a tank.

We now can start figuring what percentage of their ships have been lost. I'll bet they didn't expect that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:

No, I'm talking about Ukrainian refugees.  Educated, white people with conservative values and ethics.  But at the same time, we need some good hispanics as well.  We have a huge shortage of workers in this country and it is not going to get better anytime soon.  Ukrainians developed the first Russian A-bomb, their space program, their biotech program, ship building, steel industry, and aerospace industry.  Seems like a type of population that could succeed in the US.
View Quote

The amount of success that post-Soviet Ukrainians have enjoyed in the US is incredible. This is what freedom and opportunity grants someone who’s willing to grind in order to make things better for themselves and their family.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Which shops are these?

View All Quotes

Which shops are these?

Just the Russian navy doing its thing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By G3k:

No they aren’t, they’re all a bunch of schemers. We don’t need any more fucking immigrants, especially ones from the goddamn Ukraine. They can stay in Poland. Or the globalists can stop fucking with puppet governments and they can go back to Ukraine after the peace deal with Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G3k:
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Let them stay in Europe.  They will be a majority Democratic voting block

Man you are waaaaaaaay off. Ukrainians as a whole are mostly very conservative. Practically ALL the ones I've talked to think the Demonrats here have totally lost their mind.

No they aren’t, they’re all a bunch of schemers. We don’t need any more fucking immigrants, especially ones from the goddamn Ukraine. They can stay in Poland. Or the globalists can stop fucking with puppet governments and they can go back to Ukraine after the peace deal with Russia.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
Where is Sergei?

View Quote

Clemenza: Sergei... won't see him no more.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Phocks:

In theory, Cubans don't get special treatment, in practice Cubans that reach the US get to stay forever because reasons.  The number of Cuban smuggling (people and narcotics) organizations on the southern border has exploded.  And despite the rhetoric here, the overwhelming majority of Cubans arriving in the last 20 years are coming here for an easy life, not ideology.  Out of hundreds of Cubans I've interviewed, only 2 presented even vaguely credible actual asylum cases.  The rest already had jobs and apartments lined up, and almost all show up wearing nice clothes and stylish haircuts.  The women, without exception, have freshly done nails, which is something that sticks out for me for some reason.
View Quote

I have seen a disproportionately high number of cubans who are very firmly on our side for economy and liberty. The ones I know are go-getters, independent, assertive.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Did you read the article?  He has a source that is credible and states the following:

"According to Sanger, who cannot have written his piece without high-level sources, the Biden administration “seeks to help Ukraine lock Russia in a quagmire without inciting a broader conflict with a nuclear-armed adversary or cutting off potential paths to de-escalation … CIA officers are helping to ensure that crates of weapons are delivered into the hands of vetted Ukrainian military units, according to American officials. But as of now, Mr. Biden and his staff do not see the utility of an expansive covert effort to use the spy agency to ferry in arms as the United States did in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union during the 1980s.”

in other words we're helping but trying to play Goldilocks, instead of dumping as much ordinance as we can into UKR..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Niall Ferguson, Bloomberg

"The only end game now," a senior administration official was heard to say at a private event earlier this month, "is the end of Putin regime. Until then, all the time Putin stays, [Russia] will be a pariah state that will never be welcomed back into the community of nations. China has made a huge error in thinking Putin will get away with it. Seeing Russia get cut off will not look like a good vector and they'll have to re-evaluate the Sino-Russia axis. All this is to say that democracy and the West may well look back on this as a pivotal strengthening moment."

I gather that senior British figures are talking in similar terms. There is a belief that "the U.K.'s No. 1 option is for the conflict to be extended and thereby bleed Putin." Again and again, I hear such language. It helps explain, among other things, the lack of any diplomatic effort by the U.S. to secure a cease-fire.  It also explains the readiness of President Joe Biden to call Putin a war criminal.

I don't think that guy's opinion confirms anything. He's also wrong about the US not trying to secure a cease-fire. We sent military representatives to Moscow, for fucks sake.

I would think that the longer this drags on, it's equally or possibly even more likely Putin is going to do something rash. The longer this goes on, the worse he looks and the weaker his country becomes and he knows it.

Did you read the article?  He has a source that is credible and states the following:

"According to Sanger, who cannot have written his piece without high-level sources, the Biden administration “seeks to help Ukraine lock Russia in a quagmire without inciting a broader conflict with a nuclear-armed adversary or cutting off potential paths to de-escalation … CIA officers are helping to ensure that crates of weapons are delivered into the hands of vetted Ukrainian military units, according to American officials. But as of now, Mr. Biden and his staff do not see the utility of an expansive covert effort to use the spy agency to ferry in arms as the United States did in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union during the 1980s.”

in other words we're helping but trying to play Goldilocks, instead of dumping as much ordinance as we can into UKR..

Yes, and did you read my post? I disagree with the premise that bogging them down will reduce the chances of Putin using WMDs. Or do I have to agree with some writer's opinion because his super-secret, super-duper credible source shares the same opinion?

We also sent a couple military officials to Moscow a couple days ago to discuss the war. There's no transcript but I would assume they were there to try to stop the war.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Whether NATO wants a war with Russia may be irrelevant and every day of Russian failures paradoxically means a greater risk of escalation.

On a less doomish note,Russia can’t help themselves fuck things up

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:05:25 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Sadly this is true. Especially for people who didn't decide to leave the country and only ended up in the US as refugees from war. The majority of those will most certainly have extreme leftist views in terms of the American political spectrum. For example they typically have an expectation of cradle-to-grave welfare and a view that government should provide everything. This is true for people from any Central or Eastern European countries. Does that mean all of them think that way? No, there are exceptions of course, but most of them do. They can't help it, Government handouts is all they've ever known.

In an ironic twist, opinions formed by falsehoods is “all they’ve ever known”.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Voltman:
The other way to look at it is a few thousand (or tens of thousands) Ukrainian deaths worth it to avoid tens of millions (or hundreds of millions) dead in a nuclear exchange.  Sounds callous I know,  but that is the other side of the dangerous gamble.
View Quote

Yep. Sacrifice Ukrainians or sacrifice the fighting forces and civilians of the rest of the world. Pick. And hope you are right.
But at the same time, Ukrainians have made it pretty clear they are eager to pick up a rifle without us putting boots on the ground. They just need us to give them a fighting chance. Which is what we are doing.

And as always, russia is fucked no matter what.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Javak:

View All Quotes
Where is Sergei?

I'd be busy too, getting as far away Putin's assassins as possible.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Just food for thought.  They aren't letting in a random cross-section of Ukrainians.  For refugess status you have to show some kind of oppression based on race, religion, lgbtq, etc.  Here is what is being reported about who they plan to open up for:

"The plan would allow vulnerable Ukrainians, specifically activists, journalists and those who are part of the LGBTQ community, to safely enter the U.S. at least temporarily. It would also expedite the reunification of Ukrainians with U.S.-based family members, the sources said."

I'm not commenting on the morality of whatever restrictions, just did not see any requirements mentioned in the discussion.

View Quote

Thanks for confirming what I thought they would do. The left waste no opportunity to grow their ranks while we continue to play by Gentleman's Rules.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#34]
https://i.postimg.cc/NMCMBsDd/unnamed-6.jpg
View Quote

Get out of my basement!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Whether NATO wants a war with Russia may be irrelevant and every day of Russian failures paradoxically means a greater risk of escalation.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A1B852E3-D725-4561-AF45-D9D26A080B0A_jpe-2324528.JPG

View Quote

Now that the dicking around in the "separatist" regions is a war instead of civil conflict or whatever, does that mean that  Ukranians can start waging all out war against the separatists?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Where is Sergei?

Busy? Is that a Russian euphemism for hanging on a meat hook in Lefortovo prison?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Dog1:

Busy? Is that a Russian euphemism for hanging on a meat hook in Lefortovo prison?
View Quote

Slipped in the shower and fell on some bullets.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw some reports that there are still 10K+ Ukrainian troops in Mariupol holding the city, but they have no food left.  Wish there was some way to break the siege and get them help.  They are fighting to the death.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Maria Butina, a Russian woman convicted of acting as an unregistered foreign agent before and after the 2016 election, is among the hundreds of Russian lawmakers facing new sanctions from the Biden administration.

The US Treasury announced on Thursday that 328 members of Russia's State Duma  the lower house of its parliament  will be sanctioned for supporting Russia's month-long war against Ukraine.

Butina pleaded guilty in 2018 to conspiring to act as an unregistered foreign agent after prosecutors alleged she forged ties with powerful conservatives and the National Rifle Association to try and influence policy in Russia's favor. At her sentencing in 2019, Judge Tanya Chutkan noted that Butina came to the United States as a graduate student at American University but was "not simply seeking to learn about the US political system."

Chutkan described Butina's scheme as "sophisticated" and noted that it coincided with Russia's interference in US elections.

Butina served 15 months in prison before returning to Russia and becoming a member of the Duma.

In a New York Times interview last year, Butina insisted that she "wasn't a spy" for Russia and that her Duma seat was not a "reward."

In addition to Russian lawmakers, dozens of defense companies and the CEO of its largest financial institution Sberbank are being targeted by the sanctions.
"The United States, with our partners and allies, is striking at the heart of Russia's ability to finance and carry out its warfare and atrocities against Ukraine, Secretary of the Treasury Janet Yellen said in the statement.

She added: "The Russian State Duma continues to support Putin's invasion, stifle the free flow of information, and infringe on the basic rights of the citizens of Russia. We call on those closest to Putin to cease and condemn this cold-blooded war."
https://i.insider.com/623c85b5a2e45b00195029f9?width=1000&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Maria Butina, the convicted Russian spy who tried to infiltrate the NRA, was targeted in the latest round of US sanctions

This is one of the people who were helping NRA Board Members launder membership money on personal trips to Russia.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:24:35 PM EDT
[#41]
They have been discussing for weeks...  Fucking get it done today!!!  JFC

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#42]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/56204/A1B852E3-D725-4561-AF45-D9D26A080B0A_jpe-2324528.JPG

View Quote

Who the fuck is Kevin Rothrock, let alone the dude he quoted?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:26:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By verticalgain:

This is one of the people who were helping NRA Board Members launder membership money on personal trips to Russia.
View Quote

The Russians played the NRA for suckers.  I'd be curious to know how Mr. Brownell felt about the whole thing.   I'm guessing it was mighty uncomfortable/weird from the get-go.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Where is Sergei?

I'd guess he has a cold...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Her money came from one. Her lifestyle is financed by a dictator. Don't be obtuse.
View Quote
I don't know how anyone can look at this and talk about her "rights" or "due process" or "innocent until proven guilty" and not understand that this is far more about national sovereignty.

Every nation has the right to expell foreign trouble makers.

Every nation has the right to seize the assets of governments deemed hostile. (And deal with the possible international backlash if it's unwarranted)

NO ONE has the"right" to live in a foreign nation on dirty money funneled from a foreign official.  And Twitter didn't do this to her. Cancel culture didn't do this to her. Social media EXPOSED her. All other actions are from the British government and i those actions are the Sovereign Right of the British government in dealing with foreign citizens and foreign money.

Not enough people understand that you travel abroad and invest your money abroad at your own risk!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:32:14 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Where is Sergei?

Leave the Makarov.  Take the blini.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

The Russians played the NRA for suckers.  I'd be curious to know how Mr. Brownell felt about the whole thing.   I'm guessing it was mighty uncomfortable/weird from the get-go.
View Quote

Well,she is considerably taller than he is so it might have been uncomfortable sort of depending upon position 🤔
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#49]
We sent Patriots and probably a big fat check to several counties on the condition that they supply S300's to Ukraine.

So far Ukraine has received NOT A SINGLE S300 from anyone...  

NATO is still discussing the issues of around the transfer.  FUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!!   EU bureaucracy on full display.  Probably need a environmental impact study completed first.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Russian soldiers are war criminals. That needs to be repeated and remembered.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1290 of 5589)
Top Top