Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1289 of 5590)
Page / 5590
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogsplat:

Now send her to me for final punishment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dogsplat:
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

sanctioned.

Now send her to me for final punishment.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bizzarolibe:

If you actually read the article, the author is arguing that this line of thinking is mistaken.
View Quote
I was reacting the excerpt that was posted. It appears that I disagree with the article. That's allowed here, yes?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
This is crucial, the West is actually doing the right thing from the start, no appeasement. Managing the escalation is the name of the game and so far EU/NATO is doing a great job.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Niall Ferguson, Bloomberg

"The only end game now," a senior administration official was heard to say at a private event earlier this month, "is the end of Putin regime. Until then, all the time Putin stays, [Russia] will be a pariah state that will never be welcomed back into the community of nations. China has made a huge error in thinking Putin will get away with it. Seeing Russia get cut off will not look like a good vector and they'll have to re-evaluate the Sino-Russia axis. All this is to say that democracy and the West may well look back on this as a pivotal strengthening moment."

I gather that senior British figures are talking in similar terms. There is a belief that "the U.K.'s No. 1 option is for the conflict to be extended and thereby bleed Putin." Again and again, I hear such language. It helps explain, among other things, the lack of any diplomatic effort by the U.S. to secure a cease-fire.  It also explains the readiness of President Joe Biden to call Putin a war criminal.

This is crucial, the West is actually doing the right thing from the start, no appeasement. Managing the escalation is the name of the game and so far EU/NATO is doing a great job.

While I agree that attempting to bleed Russia dry and destroy Putin’s regime is a wise thing to do, it’s pretty scary to think that this makes it an existential crisis for Putin and his cronies.

A government heavily armed with nuclear weapons that is facing an existential crisis is a dangerous thing for the world.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFUQBJrLQqA

Hit on the second ship? When I watched the original, I wasn't sure.
Blown up a little and it sure looks like it.
View Quote

Looked at the video several times.  Ship on the dock is a goner.  Fire burning through the bow doors and other areas.   Ship in the rear of the picture that is underway is on fire and I think it would need a really good crew to get the fire out.   Ship underway in the foreground looked like it had a small fire upfront but just a small amount of smoke and I am guessing any competent crew even Russian could get it out and it seems to be extinguished by the end of the video.   So I would call it that the Ukrainians got at least 2 ships out of the war for their efforts today
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Are our rights endowed by our creator or granted by our government?

Of course once you start bombing people you forfeit many of those rights. The assets of a war criminal in his daughters hands are just as good as in his ..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:
Originally Posted By Walleyeguy24:

Are they US citizens? Different rights for different folks. If they were US citizens I would feel dramatically different about it. Due process is important, but I don't believe the bill of rights should apply to foreign citizens.

Are our rights endowed by our creator or granted by our government?

Of course once you start bombing people you forfeit many of those rights. The assets of a war criminal in his daughters hands are just as good as in his ..

Endowed by our Creator, secured by government through the consent of the governed.

Supposedly...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:59:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MBUZICHOMA:

It is proven with the legal immigrants who have come here

A 2012 study of 2,900 foreign-born, naturalized immigrants cited in the report showed that about 62 percent identified themselves as Democrats, while 25 percent identified as Republicans, and 13 percent identified as independents
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Let them stay in Europe.  They will be a majority Democratic voting block

How many Ukrainians do you know? Ukrainians are very anti communist.

A 2012 study of 2,900 foreign-born, naturalized immigrants cited in the report showed that about 62 percent identified themselves as Democrats, while 25 percent identified as Republicans, and 13 percent identified as independents

Sadly this is true. Especially for people who didn't decide to leave the country and only ended up in the US as refugees from war. The majority of those will most certainly have extreme leftist views in terms of the American political spectrum. For example they typically have an expectation of cradle-to-grave welfare and a view that government should provide everything. This is true for people from any Central or Eastern European countries. Does that mean all of them think that way? No, there are exceptions of course, but most of them do. They can't help it, Government handouts is all they've ever known.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Its_Raining_Lead:
This makes me angry. 17 year old Ukranian exchange student living in Iowa, begging to stay here because he does not want to fight for his country. His grandma and great grandma have refused to leave and said they will fight and die to protect their home. Can you imagine leaving your grandparents to fend for themselves in a war zone?

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/17-yr-old-ukrainian-student-america-die-russian-ukraine-war
View Quote

I certainly cannot but damn 17 is your and he doesn’t look like a fighter at all. Kid has probably never thrown a punch.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:59:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

While I agree that attempting to bleed Russia dry and destroy Putin's regime is a wise thing to do, it's pretty scary to think that this makes it an existential crisis for Putin and his cronies.

A government heavily armed with nuclear weapons that is facing an existential crisis is a dangerous thing for the world.
View Quote
Keeping the citizens of a country that did nothing wrong in a protracted war is horrible. The good people of Ukraine did nothing to be invaded and should not be used as fodder for international policy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:00:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Side note.  Russia pulling in reinforcements from Armenia has resulted in the Azeris getting frisky and moving on the contested areas in the last few hours.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 715700] [#10]
Originally Posted By Balu:

Sadly this is true. Especially for people who didn't decide to leave the country and only ended up in the US as refugees from war. The majority of those will most certainly have extreme leftist views in terms of the American political spectrum. For example they typically have an expectation of cradle-to-grave welfare and a view that government should provide everything. This is true for people from any Central or Eastern European countries. Does that mean all of them think that way? No, there are exceptions of course, but most of them do. They can't help it, Government handouts is all they've ever known.
View Quote

I almost don’t even know how to answer this other than the world view some of you have is utterly absurd.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dp226:

Looked at the video several times.  Ship on the dock is a goner.  Fire burning through the bow doors and other areas.   Ship in the rear of the picture that is underway is on fire and I think it would need a really good crew to get the fire out.   Ship underway in the foreground looked like it had a small fire upfront but just a small amount of smoke and I am guessing any competent crew even Russian could get it out and it seems to be extinguished by the end of the video.   So I would call it that the Ukrainians got at least 2 ships out of the war for their efforts today
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dp226:

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]

While I agree that attempting to bleed Russia dry and destroy Putin’s regime is a wise thing to do, it’s pretty scary to think that this makes it an existential crisis for Putin and his cronies.

View All Quotes

"The only end game now," a senior administration official was heard to say at a private event earlier this month, "is the end of Putin regime. Until then, all the time Putin stays, [Russia] will be a pariah state that will never be welcomed back into the community of nations. China has made a huge error in thinking Putin will get away with it. Seeing Russia get cut off will not look like a good vector and they'll have to re-evaluate the Sino-Russia axis. All this is to say that democracy and the West may well look back on this as a pivotal strengthening moment."

I gather that senior British figures are talking in similar terms. There is a belief that "the U.K.'s No. 1 option is for the conflict to be extended and thereby bleed Putin." Again and again, I hear such language. It helps explain, among other things, the lack of any diplomatic effort by the U.S. to secure a cease-fire.  It also explains the readiness of President Joe Biden to call Putin a war criminal.

It's no different than when the former Soviet Union fell. Everyone thought the same thing, that if the Soviet Union falls, nukes will fly. Didn't happen. Turning Russia into a failed nation-state won't be any different. They'll just no longer be a threat to anyone else in the world. Now is the time to collapse their economy and decimate their ability to wage war around the world. Putin won't be in charge of the failed nation-state and whoever is will have a challenging task. But, whoever takes the reigns from Putin will need to have a pro-western, peaceful approach to world affairs or they will just preside over the Russian version of the Great Depression indefinitely.

Any more word on the reported encirclement of the Russians NW of Kyiv?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

A tool being used "right" is subjective.

I bet if you asked a Democrat, using a military owned, national level, tier 1 spy plane to eavesdrop on a trucker protest convoy was "right."  To others, that may look like a gross (and illegal) misuse of government resources to target political opponents.

Either way, it happened.  

My whole point is watch what you celebrate, like shutting down banking and credit card transactions in Russia.  If you live in the wrong place, or do the wrong thing, then you could be a target of these handy dandy new powers.
View Quote

People need to stop this with cautioning when tools are used right.

This is a legitimate use of the tools of sanctions. Don't mix things done to foreign citizens of enemy nations under active military operations with Government abuses against their citizens.  Obviously we can live a world where the government operates properly, and citizens can be happy with those outcomes.

Also as shitty as the government abuses are at least we can do something about them, politicians fight them, and laws and behaviors do get changed in democracies even though the abuses do happen.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

LOL

You don’t know much about the former eastern bloc.

They are hard right.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:

Yeah, everyone cheering the confiscation/freezing of the assets of Russian oligarchs... and their children...  What happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty?  Was Polina doing something illegal?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
Originally Posted By outofbattery:
Thread on Lavrov’s stepdaughter. She,as a person,isn’t important but 2 things are:

The Brits have more than welcomed all this filthy Russian,Iranian and Arab money for decades.
She has a $5 million apartment in London and a quarter of Russians still use outhouses.

sanctioned.

What they use on them will be used on you...

Yeah, everyone cheering the confiscation/freezing of the assets of Russian oligarchs... and their children...  What happened to the concept of innocent until proven guilty?  Was Polina doing something illegal?

Sounds like according to UK law she was. She just wasn't prosecuted until now because of money and connections. I'm not saying I agree with their legal system but it sounds like they have "Unexplained Wealth" laws that give the UK government power to confiscate assets from people who cannot provide justification for their affluence. Like a 21 year old unemployed woman paying cash for a £4.4 million property.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:04:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SilverBearX] [#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

How many Ukrainians do you know? Ukrainians are very anti communist.

Exactly right.
Edit Upon further thought, its probably a mixed bag. The president they elected certainly does not seem to support the idea to an armed citizenry is paramount to the security of a free state.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:05:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

Interesting find today...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#18]

If you actually read the article, the author is arguing that this line of thinking is mistaken.
View All Quotes

ironcally I didn't either.  I didn't see the link but after reading it I'm even more convinced they're trying to slow roll this.

the article also confirms the MBA mindset of it's a negotiation everyone needs to feel like they won something..

the Biden administration, "seeks to help Ukraine lock Russia in a quagmire without inciting a broader conflict with a nuclear-armed adversary or cutting off potential paths to de-escalation"

"The Biden administration not only thinks it’s doing enough to sustain the Ukrainian war effort, but not so much as to provoke Putin to escalation. It also thinks it’s doing enough to satisfy public opinion, which has rallied strongly behind Ukraine, but not so much as to cost American lives, aside from a few unlucky volunteers and journalists."
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:06:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#19]

View All Quotes

Russia was a pariah state from the moment they murdered Nicholas and his family. There's this brief shining 20 year interlude where Gorbachev, Yeltsin and early Putin didn't behave like depraved murdering psychopaths. Then Putin, decided he rather liked living well... Enter "Russia Stronk again" fascism and El Presidente for life Putin.

No surprise that a decade of that has them back to being a pariah. The only people that didn't see it coming are young and not paying attention.

Russia exists in a natural state of "Cold War." It's undeclared, violent, and confuses people that think the world should be straightforward.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]

I almost don’t even know how to answer this other than the world view some of you have is utterly absurd.
View All Quotes

Agreed!  I would welcome as many Ukrainian refugees as we can get to the US.  I would take any Eastern Europeans and Central Europeans.  The anti immigrant folks are highly misguided and flat out uninformed.  I hope we bring in millions of those refugees from this war and support them as much as possible.  I'm working with a group in Atlanta to do just that.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:07:43 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I agree.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Man you are waaaaaaaay off. Ukrainians as a whole are mostly very conservative. Practically ALL the ones I've talked to think the Demonrats here have totally lost their mind.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

LOL

You don't know much about the former eastern bloc.

They are hard right.
View Quote
I'm alright with taking a few million, but statistically, a majority immigrants and refugees vote left. They just do, and we won't know if Ukrainians are any different until after they come here. I'm curious if there's data out about the ones that came as a result of the revolution a few years back. I knew a couple and got along with them just fine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#24]

LOL

They are hard right.
View All Quotes

LOL

They are hard right.

But they iNteRnET exPErtS!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/PXL_20220324_144818266_2_jpg-2324467.JPG

View Quote

And written on the back of a GM car
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
I'm alright with taking a few million, but statistically, a majority immigrants and refugees vote left. They just do, and we won't know if Ukrainians are any different until after they come here. I'm curious if there's data out about the ones that came as a result of the revolution a few years back. I knew a couple and got along with them just fine.
View Quote

Look at what we statistically bring in as refugees.. not the same kind of people.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

This confirms my earlier thoughts that the US and NATO are slow rolling arms to UKR to drag this out.  It's a shitty thing to do to UKR.  Call me cynical but these elites don't care about the misery and figure they'll some how profit on the back side when UKR rebuilding finally happens.  They're also so scared of Putin that they're banking a slow boil of Putin and Russia will not result in Russia escalating to Nukes or chem/bio attacks.

That's a dangerous gamble.....

View All Quotes

This confirms my earlier thoughts that the US and NATO are slow rolling arms to UKR to drag this out.  It's a shitty thing to do to UKR.  Call me cynical but these elites don't care about the misery and figure they'll some how profit on the back side when UKR rebuilding finally happens.  They're also so scared of Putin that they're banking a slow boil of Putin and Russia will not result in Russia escalating to Nukes or chem/bio attacks.

I don't think that guy's opinion confirms anything. He's also wrong about the US not trying to secure a cease-fire. We sent military representatives to Moscow, for fucks sake.

I would think that the longer this drags on, it's equally or possibly even more likely Putin is going to do something rash. The longer this goes on, the worse he looks and the weaker his country becomes and he knows it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Certainly looks like it. Man, what an amazing sight that is!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:12:57 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

Sure looks like that ship is on fire.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

People need to stop this with cautioning when tools are used right.

This is a legitimate use of the tools of sanctions. Don't mix things done to foreign citizens of enemy nations under active military operations with Government abuses against their citizens.  Obviously we can live a world where the government operates properly, and citizens can be happy with those outcomes.

Also as shitty as the government abuses are at least we can do something about them, politicians fight them, and laws and behaviors do get changed in democracies even though the abuses do happen.
View Quote

you're an optimist.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Side note.  Russia pulling in reinforcements from Armenia has resulted in the Azeris getting frisky and moving on the contested areas in the last few hours.

View Quote

All those names - we need to send Harry Potter in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#32]

If you can't tell the difference between civil forfeiture and sanctioning a dictator who's invaded another country, then I don't know what to tell you.
View All Quotes
Thread on Lavrov’s stepdaughter. She,as a person,isn’t important but 2 things are:

The Brits have more than welcomed all this filthy Russian,Iranian and Arab money for decades.
She has a $5 million apartment in London and a quarter of Russians still use outhouses.

sanctioned.

Well damn, we better just let them do whatever they want then. I don't want to end up with a javelin through my car roof.

A tool is a tool. No better or worse than the person/entity wielding it. You should understand this logic being on a gun forum. Don't be a spoiled brat that buys a 4 million pound mansion in a foreign country with dirty money whose daddy is waging an unjustified war, and you won't get sanctioned. Simple.

If that tool is misused, then there's right to complain. But using this tool (whether guns or sanctions) against people that deserve it, is not a bad thing.

I bet if you asked a Democrat, using a military owned, national level, tier 1 spy plane to eavesdrop on a trucker protest convoy was "right."  To others, that may look like a gross (and illegal) misuse of government resources to target political opponents.

So your position is to not use the tool at all?

Should the whole justice system be scrapped because it's misused? No jail because it's misused? No cops because they are misused? After all, the correct usage of all these tools- including drones, guns, and sanctions, are all subjective.

Follow your own logic to its own conclusion, then go sit in the corner and think about what you said.

I'm not seeing this akin to being jailed through the justice system.  A better analogy would be more like red flag laws.  Take it now and fight a government with exponentially more resources to get it back.  

I missed the due process listed in any of these posts.  Can you point it out?  Did she get a day in court?   If so, and standard rules were followed, then that's fine.  Maybe they did prove, in court, that she was somehow responsible for anything going on in Ukraine.  Maybe she helped plan the entire invasion, and that was all vetted in a court of law.  I bet they really hung on every word of a 20 year old Instagram girl for central planning.  (Seeing how well they've done, it may be true. )

Assuming that she didn't get a trial, and true links weren't found to Lavrov, then I'll stick by my original statement.  These new resources (and similar are going on in America) can be used against you.  Watch what you celebrate as a "win."

She is unemployed with a 4mil mansion....you think links are questionable?
Fuck her and her dad. She can go back to Russia.
Sounds like UK laws were followed anyway.

Civil forfeiture is awesome.  The only thing better is persecution due to crimes committed by relatives.

If you can't tell the difference between civil forfeiture and sanctioning a dictator who's invaded another country, then I don't know what to tell you.

She's a dictator?  I didn't know that.  I guess I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:15:48 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Which shops are these?

I’m about 20 pages out of date on this thread
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CurseOfKatyn:

Look at what we statistically bring in as refugees.. not the same kind of people.
View Quote
There is a reason I lead in with "I'd be alright with taking a few million", but I don't want to start derailing this thread about the rationale behind that. I bet unlike the DREAMers, Biden will try to ship them back at the earliest opportunity.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By dirtyharriett:

Man you are waaaaaaaay off. Ukrainians as a whole are mostly very conservative. Practically ALL the ones I've talked to think the Demonrats here have totally lost their mind.
View All Quotes

No they aren’t, they’re all a bunch of schemers. We don’t need any more fucking immigrants, especially ones from the goddamn Ukraine. They can stay in Poland. Or the globalists can stop fucking with puppet governments and they can go back to Ukraine after the peace deal with Russia.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By BigB32:

I certainly cannot but damn 17 is your and he doesn’t look like a fighter at all. Kid has probably never thrown a punch.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigB32:
Originally Posted By Its_Raining_Lead:
This makes me angry. 17 year old Ukranian exchange student living in Iowa, begging to stay here because he does not want to fight for his country. His grandma and great grandma have refused to leave and said they will fight and die to protect their home. Can you imagine leaving your grandparents to fend for themselves in a war zone?

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/17-yr-old-ukrainian-student-america-die-russian-ukraine-war

That kid is what I would describe as a "wet noodle" in human form. If he did go to Ukraine he'd be more of a hinderance than help the war effort. That being said the right thing would be to fight for his country regardless. He probably won't do the right thing though...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
this was posted already in GD, but incase anyone missed it... weird timing dont you think to send this out today?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/327887/20220323_224301_jpg-2324107.JPG
View Quote

They show what appears to be a fireman in the pic. Probably have a lot of openings for atheist chaplains too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

All those names - we need to send Harry Potter in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Agreed!  I would welcome as many Ukrainian refugees as we can get to the US.  I would take any Eastern Europeans and Central Europeans.  The anti immigrant folks are highly misguided and flat out uninformed.  I hope we bring in millions of those refugees from this war and support them as much as possible.  I'm working with a group in Atlanta to do just that.
View Quote

is that same Atlanta immigrant welcome mat bringing in those thousands of folks from south-of-the-border, putting them on buses and flights under cover of darkness, and redistributing them to red states to influence future voting outcomes?  just wondering...
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:18:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RolandofGilead] [#40]

View All Quotes

sanctioned.

Well damn, we better just let them do whatever they want then. I don't want to end up with a javelin through my car roof.

A tool is a tool. No better or worse than the person/entity wielding it. You should understand this logic being on a gun forum. Don't be a spoiled brat that buys a 4 million pound mansion in a foreign country with dirty money whose daddy is waging an unjustified war, and you won't get sanctioned. Simple.

If that tool is misused, then there's right to complain. But using this tool (whether guns or sanctions) against people that deserve it, is not a bad thing.

Should the whole justice system be scrapped because it's misused? No jail because it's misused? No cops because they are misused? After all, the correct usage of all these tools- including drones, guns, and sanctions, are all subjective.

Follow your own logic to its own conclusion, then go sit in the corner and think about what you said.

I'm not seeing this akin to being jailed through the justice system.  A better analogy would be more like red flag laws.  Take it now and fight a government with exponentially more resources to get it back.  

I missed the due process listed in any of these posts.  Can you point it out?  Did she get a day in court?   If so, and standard rules were followed, then that's fine.  Maybe they did prove, in court, that she was somehow responsible for anything going on in Ukraine.  Maybe she helped plan the entire invasion, and that was all vetted in a court of law.  I bet they really hung on every word of a 20 year old Instagram girl for central planning.  (Seeing how well they've done, it may be true. )

Assuming that she didn't get a trial, and true links weren't found to Lavrov, then I'll stick by my original statement.  These new resources (and similar are going on in America) can be used against you.  Watch what you celebrate as a "win."

Civil forfeiture is awesome.  The only thing better is persecution due to crimes committed by relatives.

Her money came from one. Her lifestyle is financed by a dictator. Don't be obtuse.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45602/PXL_20220324_144818266_2_jpg-2324467.JPG

Chevrolet has/had,depending upon view of things,several factories in Russia. I don’t know which models are made there but 98% certain that is a Russian built car.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:19:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Which shops are these?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

Which shops are these?

Russian ships in a Russian controlled Ukraine port.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

sanctioned.

All her wealth and assets are a direct result of one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

This is based on first hand experience, so absurd or not, it is true. I come from that region and know how most people think because I lived there and still have tons of friends and relatives from Central and Eastern Europe. Even here in the US I know a lot of people who come from there. Some are strong conservatives, especially Polish and Hungarian in my experience, but they are in the minority. I wish it wasn't the case but it is.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:24:39 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Sure looked like the one underway had a robust fire on the deck..

Fingers crossed for 2 less ships for Russia..
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

I don't think that guy's opinion confirms anything. He's also wrong about the US not trying to secure a cease-fire. We sent military representatives to Moscow, for fucks sake.

I would think that the longer this drags on, it's equally or possibly even more likely Putin is going to do something rash. The longer this goes on, the worse he looks and the weaker his country becomes and he knows it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Did you read the article?  He has a source that is credible and states the following:

"According to Sanger, who cannot have written his piece without high-level sources, the Biden administration “seeks to help Ukraine lock Russia in a quagmire without inciting a broader conflict with a nuclear-armed adversary or cutting off potential paths to de-escalation … CIA officers are helping to ensure that crates of weapons are delivered into the hands of vetted Ukrainian military units, according to American officials. But as of now, Mr. Biden and his staff do not see the utility of an expansive covert effort to use the spy agency to ferry in arms as the United States did in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union during the 1980s.”

in other words we're helping but trying to play Goldilocks, instead of dumping as much ordinance as we can into UKR..
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NHTriumph:
My kids went to the local hobby farm yesterday.

My photoshop (ms paint) skills could be compared to the overland navigation skills of a 16 year old Russian conscript. But I couldn't resist.

https://i.postimg.cc/505t3pbv/1648131825520-Panel-1.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/KzQ2jWm9/1648131810077-Panel-2.jpg
View Quote

Id say butter bar land nav level.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:25:54 AM EDT
[#48]

Chevrolet has/had,depending upon view of things,several factories in Russia. I don’t know which models are made there but 98% certain that is a Russian built car.
View All Quotes

Oh I don't doubt that at all but still found it ironic.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:27:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

is that same Atlanta immigrant welcome mat bringing in those thousands of folks from south-of-the-border, putting them on buses and flights under cover of darkness, and redistributing them to red states to influence future voting outcomes?  just wondering...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By x248716x:

Have Mexico welcome 10M UKR refugees. Then, they can all walk in our southern open door.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Just food for thought.  They aren’t letting in a random cross-section of Ukrainians.  For refugess status you have to show some kind of oppression based on race, religion, lgbtq, etc.  Here is what is being reported about who they plan to open up for:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna21106

“The plan would allow vulnerable Ukrainians, specifically activists, journalists and those who are part of the LGBTQ community, to safely enter the U.S. at least temporarily. It would also expedite the reunification of Ukrainians with U.S.-based family members, the sources said.”

I’m not commenting on the morality of whatever restrictions, just did not see any requirements mentioned in the discussion.

Page / 5590
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1289 of 5590)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top