Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2696 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

Check that map in the second tweet!
View Quote

I don't get your reference other than the tag meaning ground zero ?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Why is there financial panic or whatever in russia? What happened?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Originally Posted By Star_Scream:

Been seeing lots of reports of this today.

Arf has assured me that the Ruble is the strongest most reliable currency in the world.

Wonder how many of gd still in wants to make a quick buck when the Russia financial markets open up again.

Probably a good time to.invest in some Ukranian construction companies.

Why is there financial panic or whatever in russia? What happened?

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

NBC incoming?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DonS:

I also suspect failure to defeat body armor with rifles is nearly irrelevant all considered. Would Ukraine be better off with SIG 6.8s or with the AKs and ARs they are using? Their biggest rifle related issue is probably the mix of 7.62x39, 5.56 and 5.45 in the front units.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Alex9661:

Some sources claim that 97% of casualties in this war were caused by artillery and only 3% by small arms. If true, caliber doesn't really matter.

About a thousand pages ago, I made the argument that even an M1 Carbine is "good enough" in a combined arms war on an industrial scale like this. Shit, I'd settle for an old Makarov and a reliable radio I could use to call for fire.

I also suspect failure to defeat body armor with rifles is nearly irrelevant all considered. Would Ukraine be better off with SIG 6.8s or with the AKs and ARs they are using? Their biggest rifle related issue is probably the mix of 7.62x39, 5.56 and 5.45 in the front units.

And .308.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Elon is getting fucking roasted. LOL
View Quote

If rumors are true and he stuck it in Amber, I'd say the crazy was successfully transmitted.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Lucky Russians receive a dud drone-dropped grenade.

Telegram Video  
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Good. I'm a big fan of some of his projects and his development philosophies but he earned this.

I hope he figures out how bad his proposal was rather than just being defensive.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

View All Quotes

Russia is getting fucking rolled and smashed all along the northern tier of the eastern front.

Severodonetsk, Rubizhne, and everything that Russia holds south is being cut off from the north.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By torstin:

NBC incoming?
View Quote

At Svatove? Remember, that's "Russian territory" now lol
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DonS] [#10]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

And .308.
View Quote

Wouldn't that be mostly used for specialty rifles (snipers, etc)? Of course here they probably have 308 as well as 7.62x54R, as well as more special stuff (50 BMG, 338, etc).
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fisterkev:

View All Quotes

NBC incoming?

My current take is that place is about to fall into Ukrainian hands. The front is rapidly collapsing.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:05:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Damn Elon.

That’s some dumbass shit.

I’m a huge fan of yours too.

Way to do nothing but get a bunch of enemies.
View Quote

Smoothing things over and trying to play both sides now because of paranoia lol
Russia essentially threatened him because of hooking Ukraine up with Starlink.
Paranoia setting in
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

No one will be mad if we use chemical weapons on our own territory right?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Keep in mind the escalation to de-escalate thought line.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
View Quote

That's a lot of interrupted Russian cocksucking.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

That's Krasnorichenske. If they are able to push through it and make big gains, it could put all that Russia took in 2022 in that region at risk.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=11/49.1734/38.1590&layers=T
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:07:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By gODZOOKIE:

Paranoia setting in
View Quote

Putin targeting him isn't out of the question. He probably has a long list at this point.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#18]

NBC incoming?
View All Quotes

NBC incoming?
Probably want to put up a new defensive line in Starobilsk.  That town falling would collapse that entire eastern front all the way to the oblast capitals.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#19]

NBC incoming?
View All Quotes

NBC incoming?

I would say Putin will drop one by Friday and by Monday the Nato will be directly involved in pushing Russia's shit in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

The “cornered Putin resorts to NBC attack” is a big issue in my house, since wife & kids are German dual citizens, and all the in-laws live in Germany.

The last nuclear explosion in Ukraine ( ie- Chernobyl ) was a big deal to Europe; there are still effects felt today.

I doubt Putin will risk the fallout from using a nuke.

That leaves chemical or bio weapons.  

I don’t know about Russian bio-weapons.  But Putin and or the Soviets have used chem weapons several times, and denied it.

Putin used them in Syria.  They were certainly used in Afghanistan.  Probably used in Chenya.  

Not sure where else the Russians used them.  As for the safety of Russian soldiers deploying the weapons, does anyone believe Putin gives a crap about the safety of his soldiers??

My bet would be on chemical weapons in Ukraine before any nuke goes off.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By griffin86:
Anyone else surprised Putin hasn’t used biological or chemical weapons yet?

Not at all.  Bio/chem weapons require an extremely competent and prepared military to use them effectively.  Russia doesn’t have that by any stretch.
Nukes are a stronger likelihood and in keeping with Soviet doctrine.  Blow holes in the enemy lines with nukes and roll through in buttoned-up BMPs.  The Russians can worry about their increased thyroid cancer rate in 10 years.

The “cornered Putin resorts to NBC attack” is a big issue in my house, since wife & kids are German dual citizens, and all the in-laws live in Germany.

The last nuclear explosion in Ukraine ( ie- Chernobyl ) was a big deal to Europe; there are still effects felt today.

I don’t know about Russian bio-weapons.  But Putin and or the Soviets have used chem weapons several times, and denied it.

Putin used them in Syria.  They were certainly used in Afghanistan.  Probably used in Chenya.  

Not sure where else the Russians used them.  As for the safety of Russian soldiers deploying the weapons, does anyone believe Putin gives a crap about the safety of his soldiers??

Yes. Use of chemical and biological weapons are heavily dependent on the weather. If Putin decides to use them it is hard to say where but if I was betting I would say after Kherson falls, Russia will use artillery and rockets to slime (chemical attack) the countryside just south of Kherson just as the Russians get out of the way. This is to give time for the Russians to retrograde into Crimea and to delay Ukrainian follow on ground attacks. That is within Russian combined arms doctrine.

This would be a pivotal moment for Russian military leadership. Their decision will be to carry out the chemical attack or depose Putin.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:
Probably want to put up a new defensive line in Starobilsk.  That town falling would collapse that entire eastern front all the way to the oblast capitals.

View All Quotes

NBC incoming?

Only about 100 KM to the UA/RU border from Starobilsk.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:

Yes. Use of chemical and biological weapons are heavily dependent on the weather. If Putin decides to use them it is hard to say where but if I was betting I would say after Kherson falls, Russia will use artillery and rockets to slime (chemical attack) the countryside just south of Kherson just as the Russians get out of the way. This is to give time for the Russians to retrograde into Crimea and to delay Ukrainian follow on ground attacks. That is within Russian combined arms doctrine.

This would be a pivotal moment for Russian military leadership. Their decision will be to carry out the chemical attack or depose Putin.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MostlyPeaceful:
Originally Posted By griffin86:
Anyone else surprised Putin hasn’t used biological or chemical weapons yet?

Not at all.  Bio/chem weapons require an extremely competent and prepared military to use them effectively.  Russia doesn’t have that by any stretch.
Nukes are a stronger likelihood and in keeping with Soviet doctrine.  Blow holes in the enemy lines with nukes and roll through in buttoned-up BMPs.  The Russians can worry about their increased thyroid cancer rate in 10 years.

Also on the table is Russia's actual capability to competently and effectively deploy C or B weapons in an active war zone.  Can they do it?  Sure.  Can they do so without causing as much harm to themselves as to the enemy?  Remains to be seen.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Putin targeting him isn't out of the question. He probably has a long list at this point.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gODZOOKIE:

Paranoia setting in

He mentioned something a while back that he had a meeting with his security team and that he had to watch what he says now about Russia. So, I think it's entirely possible given Putin's affinity for assassinating people.

I'm not going to make excuses for his twitter diplomacy though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#24]

NBC incoming?
View All Quotes

NBC incoming?
Or nuke test?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:20:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Just posted.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Also on the table is Russia's actual capability to competently and effectively deploy C or B weapons in an active war zone.  Can they do it?  Sure.  Can they do so without causing as much harm to themselves as to the enemy?  Remains to be seen.
View Quote

This is not a war I see any special weapons be useful in, other then maybe long range onto transport hubs foreign supplies enter at. There are no strong concentrations of forces on either side. What would Russia use a tactical nuke on? A couple companies at once?
These advances are all spread out forces, not massed divisions.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

NBC incoming?

When Svatove falls, Starobilsk is the last rail line from the North. If that falls too, there's 3 rail lines from the east making Volgograd and Rostov-on-Don the main supply hubs. The Severodonetsk-Rubizhne-Lysychansk defense positions would become untenable. If Ukraine can fortify, and hold, their frontier with Russia, the Luhansk and Donetsk MLRs could be pushed back to pre-Feb lines, or better, before General Winter sets in.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Probably both.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Originally Posted By vahog:

So, which side were the Russians on when they blew it?

Probably both.

Plus a few on the bridge.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:27:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

When Svatove falls, Starobilsk is the last rail line from the North. If that falls too, there's 3 rail lines from the east making Volgograd and Rostov-on-Don the main supply hubs. The Severodonetsk-Rubizhne-Lysychansk defense positions would become untenable. If Ukraine can fortify, and hold, their frontier with Russia, the Luhansk and Donetsk MLRs could be pushed back to pre-Feb lines, or better, before General Winter sets in.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

This is not a war I see any special weapons be useful in, other then maybe long range onto transport hubs foreign supplies enter at. There are no strong concentrations of forces on either side. What would Russia use a tactical nuke on? A couple companies at once?
These advances are all spread out forces, not massed divisions.
View Quote

If the target is to inflict casualties, yes.
If the target is to get globohomo to stop and say "OMG he fukkin did it for real! Now we have to give in to Russia!" then maybe not.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#31]

NBC incoming?
View All Quotes

NBC incoming?

Artillery.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Musk just shit in his own punch bowl.
View Quote

Fuck that. Never trusted Elon. He should stay in his lane.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dracster:
Lucky Russians receive a dud drone-dropped grenade.

Telegram Video  
View Quote

Remember in the beginning of this thread when people would say all the drone vids were fake. You never see them post anymore.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Another poll. The roast continues    

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:39:16 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
. . . and as a general supporter of Elon I can say he deserves it.  Why is it that folks that are so smart in one area think it's ok to run their stupid mouths in areas that they *aren't* experts?
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:41:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Featureless:
Looking for a strong leader?  There are Romanov/Romanoff survivors/relatives scattered around the world and with the practice of European royalty/nobility marrying each other, there are blood relatives in various European royal families, too.  Purge and reform the Russian Orthodox leadership and then crown a new Czar.
View Quote

A constitutional monarchy with a monarch who has actual power and isn't a mere figurehead is the best option, IMO, if the monarch has strength and legitimacy. It's what should have been done in Libya, too, especially since the uprising started in an area with strong monarchism.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Bahkmut getting pushed back
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

The USSR/Russia match in Star Trek is the Romulan Star Empire.  There are WAY more parallels between them than any other.  

That said, "we" obviously believed Russia was far more competent and capable than they are or have been, for quite some time.  If present-day Russia really were as dangerous to us as the Romulans were to the Federation, we'd be in serious trouble- as much- now as back in the height of Cold War tensions.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Originally Posted By panthermark:

USSR/Russia are basically the Zakdorn of Star Trek TNG.

No one ever dared attack them because they had the reputation for being the best strategic thinkers in the galaxy, but Lt. Worf pointed out that since no one ever put it to the test, their reputation was meaningless.

The USSR/Russia match in Star Trek is the Romulan Star Empire.  There are WAY more parallels between them than any other.  

That said, "we" obviously believed Russia was far more competent and capable than they are or have been, for quite some time.  If present-day Russia really were as dangerous to us as the Romulans were to the Federation, we'd be in serious trouble- as much- now as back in the height of Cold War tensions.

In TOS the Klingons were the USSR, the Romulans were the Chinese. Post-Soviet Russia is like the Cardassians….
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote
Now THAT is a feint.  Damn good ropadope be the Ukes.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#41]
So a week or so ago I posted about my concern for mass mobilization in Ukraine as an answer to Putin’s mobilization. Well I guess I wrong about what I thought regarding my cousins and their pacifism. Just got off the phone with my cousin and he said he is willing to fight(said he might get called up soon) for his homeland because laying his own life for another is the greatest honor a Christian can have. They are pacifistic overall but when push comes to shove, they know what’s on the line.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Short article on Kharkiv offensive - but of particular note because it alleges Ukraine is encountering significant numbers of dead Russians where Ukrainians haven’t been yet, which the UA  is interpreting as Russian barrier troops killing significant numbers of fellow Russians.  Cannot be verified but worth filing away as a possibility.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/10/2/7370068/

Germany sending 90 heavy low-loaders to Ukraine.  Possible indication for future supply?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/xu2m75/germany_about_to_send_90_heavy_duty_trailer/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Worthwhile article on Ukrainian statehood and relationship with Russia:

https://tyzhden.ua/History/254804
View Quote

We crap on Germany for their feckless response, but 90x HETs is a significant help for Ukraine...that's around enough to move an entire Battalion in one lift.

I don't think it means anything as far as getting NATO tanks, HETs would be useful all by themselves.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Bahkmut getting pushed back
https://i.redd.it/rw34g9es5nr91.jpg
View Quote
VERY interesting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

That's a lot of interrupted Russian cocksucking.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
So a week or so ago I posted about my concern for mass mobilization in Ukraine as an answer to Putin’s mobilization. Well I guess I wrong about what I thought regarding my cousins and their pacifism. Just got off the phone with my cousin and he said he is willing to fight(said he might get called up soon) for his homeland because laying his own life for another is the greatest honor a Christian can have. They are pacifistic overall but when push comes to shove, they know what’s on the line.
View Quote

@dillydilly

He's a good man for coming to that conclusion. Best of luck in his endeavor.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

I wonder if Nance and his fellow libtards have figured out the folks they are fighting for have a social outlook way closer to the hated Rethuglicans than them. Lol
View Quote

You can disagree with his politics, but he has been over there on the ground for most, if not all of this.

Nance hates him some Russians, so I guess he does have a lot in common with conservatives.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Captured 2S12A 120mm mortar (sans wheels and baseplate).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
So a week or so ago I posted about my concern for mass mobilization in Ukraine as an answer to Putin's mobilization. Well I guess I wrong about what I thought regarding my cousins and their pacifism. Just got off the phone with my cousin and he said he is willing to fight(said he might get called up soon) for his homeland because laying his own life for another is the greatest honor a Christian can have. They are pacifistic overall but when push comes to shove, they know what's on the line.
View Quote
That is very Alvin York of him.
York wrote on his draft card "I do not want to fight" but ultimately followed the orders given and did what he was told. He is a legend in the US Army and the 82md Infantry Division now the 82nd Airborne.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

he would make a nice trophy skull. Would be perfect to put on the mini bar to open beer bottles.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#50]
UKRAINIAN special forces take out Russian tanks in aerial bombardments over Donetsk.

Ukrainian special forces take out Russian tanks in aerial bombardments over Donetsk
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 2696 of 5589)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top