Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/16/2021 9:32:45 PM EDT
Info quoted comes from NRA IN DANGER Blog by way of No Lawyers Only Guns And Money.

NRA BOD Member Phil Journey's reception after filing for

At board special meeting in March, he was told his motion made him an enemy of NRA’s position. Charles Cotton asked that anyone adverse to NRA not attend executive session, while staring at him. He attended anyway. Got up to speak at microphone, chair ignored him, refused to call on him and he eventually sat down. When they went back into open session he asked to speak on a point of personal privilege, his honor had been impugned, and people shouted him down and Willis Lee, 2nd VP and chair, ruled him out of order. So he was prevented from speaking to the rest of the board about the issues and why he had filed.
View Quote

I will freely admit that I was taken in by Willes Lee. I endorsed him not once but twice. I regret ever urging anyone to vote for that snake in the grass. The best I can say in my defense is that Willes was very good at cozying up to and playing members of the Second Amendment new media. That is, until he got what he wanted. Now we are yesterday’s news and treated like untermensch.
View Quote
John Richardson No Lawyers Only Guns and Money Blog.

If you need to get your blood pressure up and rage about NRA BOD and their incompetence and Wayne's bullshit. Click to check out the new blog, www.nraindanger.wordpress.com . It includes information about the Bankruptcy Court proceedings including.....

Brewer Billing To NRA Day Before BK Filing....Which Was Paid By Wire Transfer In 4 Hours.

Here’s a copy of a billing the Brewer firm sent to NRA, and which was paid by wire within four hours, the day before the bankruptcy filing. From my experience paying legal bills, it was extraordinary. Normally, a firm itemizes by day, detail of services given (writing a letter or a court document, and so on), number of hours, the attorney who did the work, and their hourly rate. The client has at least something to review. Why did it take 1.5 hours to write a one-page letter? Why are three attorneys billing for attending a simple motion? And why does this attorney here bill for 26 hours a day?
View Quote

Go read the rest it is very rage inducing. I should have been a lawyer.

Or The Mysterious Membership Marketing Partners LLC.....which has a listed address at Waples Mill Road......who had a building there.....let me think....I got it....

Below is a schedule NRA filed in the bankruptcy, of debts as of its filing, court document no. 161, and giving over $2 million owed to them. This would be one month’s billings. It says the debts are not disputed, so NRA management means to pay them. Nobody we have talked to knows what these companies do for NRA or how much time they give to it.
View Quote

You should really read the rest it is very...well it is something.

Mr. LaPierre why was the bankruptcy kept secret from the NRA BOD?

Well, there was tremendous concern among the special litigation committee, in particular, about leaks
View Quote

Lol. Leaks.

Updated Saturday April 17,2021

Former NRA Treasurer On Stand.

Craig Spray, former NRA Treasurer. (The honest one, who didn’t last long). Attorney said Spray for some reason seemed to want to hold to the NRA leadership position and was reluctant to contradict anything there.
View Quote

He discovered NRA had issued American Express cards to many people, and he terminated many of them, particularly to directors and former NRA presidents. The attorneys didn’t follow up on this issue, who were the persons with the cards, and why were they given them? What did they charge to them?
View Quote

For the love of all kittens I will strangle if you do not do it, go read the full blog post.
-------------------------------------

Tony Markis Takes The Stand.

He’d been with AM since 1987. Earlier worked with FBI, law degree from American Univ. Deputy Ass’t Sec of Defense under Reagan. NRA member since age 8. (My friend says he was obviously more intelligent than the attorneys questioning him).

He founded Under Wild Skies (UWS) as outdoor show for NRA. Recruited celebrities, Heston, Milius, Selleck. Met Wayne in his office through a PAC Makris ran.

View Quote

Josh Powell talked about Brewer. Powell said Brewer said you guys in a lot of trouble, this is criminal, your offices were going to raided by NY authorities, RICO racketeering charges. AM officers going to be raided and brought up on RICO charges. Powell said at least two times. Threats thrown around quite a bit by Powell.

View Quote

With him to Mayo Clinic in AZ? Yes, he got serious diagnosis, which thankfully was wrong. Last time 2018, I was in Vegas at SHOT show. He was distraught. DC doc gave severe diagnosis. First Mayo trip 2018 early. Treatment. Got it. Went back April 2018. 60 day regimen. He had plane stop in Vegas to pick me up, then to Mayo. In AZ stayed, about 3 nights.

View Quote

Oct 2018 mtg. Revan said ready to resign NRA account over threats. LaPierre begged us not to resign, Brewer and Josh will be gone in 30-60 days, please stay with me.

30-60 days came to end, but still ongoing with Brewer. Jan meeting LaPierre said Brewer will write his CPAC speech, Brewer didn’t like our last CPAC speech. Asked LaPierre, why are you so scared that you turn your back on us, turn over to stranger who doesn’t even like 2A?

He answered, “Bill Brewer’s the only one who can keep me out of jail.” Said same thing several times over, He’s only one standing between me and guys with handcuffs, or orange jumpsuits. But also said, “honestly, I haven’t done anything.”
View Quote

Charges at Landini’s in DC area. Restaurant I frequented since 1980. Have house account there and at cigar club. How billed? Have meal, staff would bill to your account, you get statement monthly.

Did other NRA employees bill meals to your account? Yes, It started with Millie, LaPierre said she’s taking people there, bill it to your acct. Then Vanessa and others. Started telling them to put down who was there, then slacked off on that. NRA reimbursed it for decades. Landini’s charges for Powell, Hallow, LaPierre.

View Quote

YOU ALL NEED TO READ THE OG POSTS SOOOO MUCH MORE INFO!
--------------------------------------------------------

More Information on NRA Amex Cards, Spending, and Wayne's retirement home that did not happen..

Next witness was William Winkler, Chief Financial Officer for Ackerman McQueen, or AM.

Why’d AM incur and bill travel and meals for NRA? Confidentiality. Tyler Schrop got your AMEX card, why? LaPierre authorized.

NRA audited AM books about every year. AM showed them summaries of time sheets, not the time sheets.

Brewer threats of FBI and RICO. Yes, LaPierre said Brewer must fix NY Attorney General situation, then he’s gone, stick with me.

View Quote

Susan sent long email listing things she wanted left in house after transfer. Wayne wanted membership in golf club. That startled me. Contradicted claims of wanting security. Can’t join a club without everyone knowing your name,

View Quote

Testimony of Former Longtime NRA Treasurer Woody Phillips. Declined To State and Invoked His Rights Against Self Incrimination. Great Look. Smart though.

Then came former NRA treasurer “Woody” Phillips, who testified by deposition, and set a record for taking the Fifth Amendment.

Age 72. Began work with NRA 1992. Had interview and was hired. Retired, 4thq 2018.

Did you sign a separation agt? “I decline to answer based on the privilege accorded me by 5thamendment of the US Constitution.” (after this, I’ll just use “decline” for this phrase).

Whose idea was it you enter into consulting contract? Decline.

Exhibit B. Ever see document? Decline to answer.

Final pages, your signature? I decline to answer.

Was business case analysis performed? Decline to answer.

Who is Pete Brownell? President then. Who is Carolyn Meadows? She signed it also.

Negotiate terms? I decline to answer.

Goes into effect Dec 2018 but executed months earlier. I decline to answer.

View Quote

He even refused to answer

Have you read NRA bylaws? Decline
View Quote

His testimony went on and on like that.

Again go read the full blog posts.

From February 8,2021

Ted Nugent and Tom Gresham go from talking about a gun auction to arguing over the NRA and Wayne LaPierre at 5:30. Tom Gresham, "as long as I got you here I am going to pin you to the mat, you are on the Board of the NRA what is going there and how do we get rid of Wayne LaPierre?"

Ted Nugent’s Guns for Sale; The NRA Crisis | Gun Talk Radio

Larry Potterfield is full of shit.

Larry Potterfield of Midwatpy USA, Defends Wayne LaPierre @24:27
" I object to the word, "turmoil." "There as a coup attempt." "The NRA is being very orderly..." "NRA is in great shape."

US Court Trustee Opposing NRA effort to hire CRO, Chief Restructuring Officer. First Candidate for job did not want the job. .

The US Trustee is a permanent court official whose main duty is to oversee trustees appointed in individual cases; only occasionally does he intervene in chapter 11 cases, where there is no trustee unless the court orders one appointed. But he just appeared to oppose NRA’s motion that it be allowed to hire a CRO.

I am told that debtors in chapter 11 try to hire a CRO where they think the court may be skeptical of their leadership’s ability to honestly restructure the company. The pitch to the court is that “maybe you don’t trust us, but you can trust this person to do the job.” The catch is that the CRO is their employee so they can order or forbid him to do things in his reorganization plan. NRA leadership earlier proposed a different person for CRO, and it’s said he refused, probably because of the restrictions put upon him.

It should be noted that the CRO has a potential pay package of $1k an hour to an annual cap of $1m per law

Day 8 Thanks To WebX and Only Guns & Money Blog We Now Knows At Least 5 NRA BOD Members Are Watching Proceedings.

As I said in the headline, the NRA Board of Directors cannot claim ignorance any longer. The beauty of WebEx is that it does a good job of capturing who is participating or listening in to an event. In this case, I saw reporters such as Danny Hakim of the NY Times, Mark Maremont of the Wall Street Journal, and Stephen Gutowski of the Free Beacon. I also counted at least six Board members listening in. They included Carrie Lightfoot, Anthony Colandro, Joel Friedman, Linda Walker, Howard “Walt” Walters, and Judge Phil Journey (who I expected to listen in). There may have been more as there were people who logged on by phone and not by computer.
View Quote

PACERLINK TO NRA DOCS. Requires a subscription but this is where to find the docs without searching if you already have a subscription.

NRA Bankruptcy Docs.

Caroline Meadows, by deposition.

You said you engaged in meeting and phone with directors and employees? Yes. Make a record Yes. How? I did keep records. Still have? No, I destroyed them. Earlier in 2019. Reason? Was told they could be subpoenaed. Frazer said it. He gave advice, and based on that she destroyed them. Were you under preservation notice at time? No, before then.

So notes destroyed in early 2019. Stop taking notes after? Yes. Consult with Frazer whether should keep notes? Yes. Based on that conversation, destroyed notes? Yes. Shredded or burned.

View Quote

MOAR NRA BANKRUPTCY!!!!! Please go to NRA In Danger Blog for full summary of testimony.

Willis Lee

Not concerned Brewer influence over NRA? No. Have any? No. Who have you dealt with? Brewer, staff, associates. Michael Collins? No. Brewer recommended Davis? Don’t know. Ken Correll, LaPierre attorney? Brewer recommended? Don’t know. Nelligan? He recommended? No, Brewer said good firm. Garman firm? Don’t know, he said good law firm.

LaPierre defendant in Ackerman litigation? Brewer represented him and NRA? Don’t know.
View Quote

NRA spent tens of millions to comply with NY law? Don’t know cost.
View Quote

Woman’s leadership forum, raised money. No, said raised or been gifted hundred million. You didn’t calculate? No.

LaPierre isn’t NRA? Yes. Highest moral character? Yes. Aware he admitted improperly receiving 300K in excess benefits? No. He repeatedly used luzury yacht? No. He didn’t tell Spray? No. He fired Spray? No. He didn’t discloseBK to GC? No.

Aware he accused North of extortion? No. Aware Meadows shredded notes? No. aware he accused members of  inner circle of taking advantage of NRA? No. Millie Hallow work for LaPierre? Yes. Aware she had criminal background? Yes. Aware LaPierre keeping Hallow? Yes.

You would not stand for him cheating? Right. Yes despite all this you say he has highest moral character? Yes.  
View Quote

Watson questions

Testified Journey motion raise concerns Yes. But want CRO? Yes. Because you don’t want impartial investigation? No. Etc. etc. Support full unbiased investigation? Yes. Support a report to court and members of NRA? No.

You were 2ndVP during much of problems. Why shd NRA members trust you to fix? Think they have.
View Quote

Tom King

Member bd since 2006. Fellow bd members are lawyers, business professionals, politicians, working people. Directors have fiduciary duty.

Judge  Journey, don’t know. him First time I saw at Indianapolis when brewhaha started. Media articles. He called issue to a vote, members voted for wayne. Dissident tried oust Wayne. Jeff Knox. Journey discussing, before he was on bd., he participated in conversation, heated, he called for vote. Voted, out of about 10,000 maybe 80 votes against Wayne. Question called, lack of confidence of Wayne and bd, install new CEO and possibly officers. April 2018.

Eric Schneiderman? Former AG of NY. Ended about late 2017 or early 2018. Conversation with him? Yes. He then AG. He called me.

Gave heads up that people going to investigate NRA, tell Wayne, prepare for worst, hire NY attorney. Called Wayne. NRA looked for law firm, started program to investigate. Experience with them? I’ve supplied info to and made inquiries about law. Brewer presents at bd? Yes, 5-6. How much Brewer paid? 54-55 million. Concern? No, lot of money but NRA important, what’s it worth to protect NRA, willing spend as much as we need to spend. Review work? Read briefs. Satisfied? Yes. Concerns level control they exert over NRA? No, not aware of influcnece other than legal.
View Quote

Para 169-170. LaPierre and MMP yacht. You review his answer to NYAG. Yes. He admitted to using it and it was owned by owner of large NRA vendor? Yes. And that he’d failed to disclose? Allegation. But you know he admitted it? No. LaPierre’s answer, para 170. Signed under oath by LaPierre. He admits didn’t disclose. You know he’d never disclosed? No. Aware of allegations against Powell? Aware complaint alleges LaPierre had poison pill contract. Para 418 420. NRA pay would increase if not elected? Not aware of it. Never presented to bd? Don’t know. Signed Brownell, Lapierre, Phillips. Over million a year after he leaves? Yes. Continues to 2030? Yes.

Aware Phillips got post-employment contract in 2018. Yes. If AG alleges that, it would be true? Can’t say. LaPierre contracts never voted on by bd? Don’t remember.

Para 231, Phillips retirement, required funding set by bd or committee. But gave consulting agt without approval. Entered into. Phillips contract. Dec 31 2018.

View Quote

Michael Ursling, whistleblower

Director of budget for NRA. Have CPA. Ethics component of training. With NRA since 2001. Worked with Sonia Rowling entire time with NRA, think she is qualified, ethics, smart, experience.

Projecting budgets. Line of credit. Daily report. Email with snippets of spreadsheet. Tells bank transactions and receipts that day. To CFO each say. Cash flow cyclical. Annually and four year periods. Oct 31 and Jan 1 mailings.

MMP does mailing for us, signed by LaPierre. Division mailer. Upgrade memberships, etc. I see the spreadsheet. They are primary source. Advancement office also raises money. LaPierre goes out.

NYAG ex 72. Top Concerns memo. One of the authors. Around late June or early July 2018. We had some idea of issues before. For some time. Around 2016, cash forecast line of credit, 10 million, then fell to zero. Down then back up. Spending incredibly fast in 2016. Line of credit, good when it goes down. Less debt. Much spending not in budget, political. Carry guard. 2016. Any vendor involved in unbudgeted costs? All were AM. Paid 43 million in 2016. Year before had been 21 million. Ever increasing. 2017 needed extraordinary measures. Sold investments, cash value out of life insurance, transfer money from ILA to NRA. Majority of line of credit used up. NRA TV and its expenses, and Carry Guard. Huge costs. Both were associated with AM.

Over vendors over budget? Ton of them were expensive. McKenna was used more. Woody Phillips was CFO then. Sent him email every day. Expected concerns. Phillips took action? Borrowed and liquidating assets. Reduce spending? No.
View Quote

Concerns Memo, any not addressed today? Everything addressed. Phillips and Powell gone, Associated TV terminated. Change in culture? Yes. Governance, accountability, transparency. All things lacking have been restored.

Concerned about conflicts today? No. Override controls? Not today. Policies enforced? Yes. CFO important, but whole organization is responsible, CFO must be able to push back. Confidence in Ms Rowling? Rowling co-author top concerns memo? Yes.

You expected top concerns memo to become public? No. NRA good organization, bad apples, deal with. Feel about NYAG citing your concerns? Objective was to fix problems.

Was he enforcing controls? No. doing his job? No.

View Quote

Emailed powell in 2017, same issue? Yes. NRA continued to pay? Yes. MMP to this day still being paid more than its contract called for? Yes. So you testified all issues in top concerns met? Yes. But MMP was in top concerns memo? Yes.

Millions of dollars pd not in budget is lack of control. Yes. Budget includes contract amount or what actually being paid? Actually paid.

Governance comes from top? Aware of conflict policy? Compliance seminars, LaPierre never attend, nor Cotton? Don’t know, didn’t see either in seminars.

LaPierre didn’t sign most recent conflict disclosure form until day he testified? Not aware.

If trustee is appointed, you are not aware whether NRA could lobby? No. No analyze expenses saved if trustee was appointed? No.

Spray was catalyst for change? Yes. Made you feel like could speak out? Yes. Spray did many good things? Yes. He’s not there anymore? No. Fired by LaPierre? Yes. Then says not aware of that. Letter he received said Spray was leaving to spend more time with family.  
View Quote

NRA Bankruptcy Day 9 THERE IS NO NRA WITHOUT WAYNE LAPIERRE....... NO WE ARE NOT GROOMING OR SEEKING A REPLACEMENT!!!!!!

Second, a majority of the testimony was aimed at “can the NRA survive without Wayne LaPierre?” I can’t understand why that is an issue here. The court is considering three motions, to dismiss, to appoint an examiner to investigate fraud, and to appoint a trustee to take over. None has much to do with whether LaPierre should be CEO of NRA.”

Continuing with witness Michael Ursling, NRA office of budget.

Mason questions for Ackerman McQueen (“AM”)

You were not involved with AM budgeting at NRA? No.

When the budget was exceeded, you didn’t go to LaPierre? No, that was Phillips’ job.

AM is an NRA vendor? Should be. Client approves budget? That’s the way it should be.

You testified millions being spent, not in budget, is lack pf control. What if LaPierre requested it? Dealing with that was Phillips’ job description. But if LaPierre changed budget by millions, then LaPierre is responsible? Eventually.

2017 spending increased due to NRA TV and Carry Guard. NRATV. Not know costs, of those programs, but saw on bills. At no point did you go to LaPierre and say spending too much on NRA TV? I showed Phillips a cash graph, told him we’re running out of money. Showed him graph daily.

Instead of cutting expenses they borrowed more, converted investments to cash, borrowed on officers’ life insurance policies. That was the solution at the time.

If LaPierre instructed AM to keep invoices vague, would that be lack of control? Yes, if is the key word.

$43 milllion to AM, no know how much was pass-thru of others’ expenses? No. Know who directed AM to do that? No. How much money used for NRA talent? No.

Americas First Freedom. PR work, also given to Brewer? Don’t know. Does he group invoices for PR with legal bills? Don’t know.

View Quote

William Wang, by deposition

Communications with Everytown. After Feb 2019 meeting, no communications regarding NRA investigation.

Process for liquidation of assets. Art 10 and 11, sec. 1109, any proposed distribution assets must be to organization with substantially similar purposes. Court must consider members’ interests. What NY AG anticipate doing with NRA guns, museum collections? That’s a court function.

View Quote

Tyler Schrop

You travel with Under Wild Skies (“UWS”)? Yes, 2007 to Africa.

Leave Mercury Group. Ben Case had been running Office of Advance but not working out, LaPierre asked me to run it.

2009, another UWS trip to Africa. Potential donors on trip. In 2011, to Argentina. Big donors.

Travel by chartered jet? Yes, with Wayne. Also flew first class? Yes, for longer flights, over 2½ to 3 hours. I made decision on first class vs coach. First class stopped after compliance transition, I learned not in compliance with policy.

Hotel stays. With Wayne, he would choose. Alone, I choose. If meet donor, donor would choose. How pay travel, had an AM American Express since 2009. Why them? Donor and LaPierre privacy reasons. Hand out tips? I paid. Didn’t seek reimbursement.

Wayne handed out own tips, most of the time.

Landini’s. Italian restaurant. Entertain donors there. Cigar club membership, paid for own membership, didn’t ask for reimbursement.

AM credit card. Statements went to AM. AM letter sent to him asking copies of his charges and their receipts. Was shocked, upset. I never was asked for receipts, etc. by Winkler or anybody at AM. Did you maintain records? Yes.

Makris testified that in 2009 he formalized his relation with NRA re fundraising. He ever do fundraising for NRA? No. NRA have fundraising agreement with him? No. As director of your unit would expect to be aware? Yes.

View Quote

Flew first class? Yes. AM card. Ever provide business justification for trips to anyone at NRA. No. Aware of NRA policy against flying first class? Yes.

Flew charter with LaPierre? Yes. Did you fly with LaPierre without flying private plane? Yes.

AM credit card to protect donor info? Yes. Because couldn’t trust NRA employees? Did because I was told to.  At that time, could not trust NRA employees with donor info.

Budget for your office 2020? $6 million.

2018-2019 change in way you were reimbursed. Reason was Spray? Partially.

Donor gatherings, you talk about NRA programs? Yes. They donate to support those programs. If LaPierre resigned, would member stop supporting Eddie Eagle? Think drastic decline over all programs. Would NRA shut down ILA, school shield, etc. if he left?

A trustee could hire LaPierre to fundraise? Don’t know.

View Quote

NRA thinks LaPierre indispensible, but NRA has no succession plan for him.

Day 10. NRA Staffer and NRA Officer Still Maintaining NRA Has Totally Reformed! Totally, Trust Us! WAYNE IS STILL OUR KING AND CAN NOT BE REPLACED!!!

Witness Sonia Rowling, NRA Acting CFO.

Ackerman McQueen (AM). Concerns around invoicing, vague, “out of pocket” expenses with no documentation. Decisionmaking, they more in control than they should be. AM would not comply with requests for documentartion, legal got involved, we stopped paying them.

Reforms. Dozens of contracts were terminated. Associated TV terminated. Behavioral___ terminated. MMP provided support for it payment increases, so we continued business with them. MMP payments appropriate? Yes, revenue generated invaluable to organization. Get monthly financial reports.

Problems of top concerns memo all met.

Addition to our software, invoices routed spending, appropriate approvals must be obtained. I review all invoices over 50K.

View Quote

Top concerns memo. You testified all concerns addressed? Yes. MMP bills. As of petition paying 950K a year on a 400K contract? Yes. Actually 961K. Know from 2012 to 2019 LaPierre took annual vacations on owner’s yacht. Yes, know from counsel. This year? Don’t recall.

He negotiated allegiance creative group? Don’t know. Affilliate of MMP. Same CEO Gurney Sloan? Not 100% sure.

Reasons for pyt increases in MMP agreement. LaP and Phillips agreed to? Believe it was. Verbal agreements? Don’t know. Never saw written agt as to increases? No, have written memo discussing. Prepared by MMP? Yes. Not agreement? No is not.

Not privy to that info. MMP memo says all fees agreed to by EVP and treasurer. Also says effective on dates below, and no contract change will be made. Agreed to in real time.

Trips on yacht. Conflict to take them and negotiate contract over last 5 to 10 years? Don’t see exactly why. Conflict? Not necessarily. Making assumptions. (Very nervous). Violation of conflict policies? I have know materiality to know if conflict problem. Must know all details.

450K contract? Yes. As of 2018, LaPierre approve invoices more than double that? Long pause, have to see if his signature on actual invoices.

View Quote

Top concerns memo, AM invoices vague? Not include support.

Aware LaP gave instructins to AM to be vague No.

April 4 document, Ankura as Chief Restructuring Officer. You help negotiate? No. Anyone ask you about economics of it? No.

Engagement letter. Chart, professionals and hourly rate for CRO. His hourly rate is $1,155. His company gets a restructuring fee, million dollars due immediately upon effective date of plan. No one asked your opinion? No. Any idea how much CRO will cost overall? No idea. Anyone ask you about economic consequences? No.

Schedule B. Core fundamental mission functions left to current mgt, including mission related litigation. CRO won’t have control of that. A substantial amount of vendors are involved in these core functions? Yes. Over half? Can’t answer.

View Quote

Shrop credit card statements? Financial services wasn’t even aware he had an AM credit card, so didn’t check invoices.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#2]
FNRA
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FNRA
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]
All part of the plan.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]
When do gun clubs that require NRA membership start looking for alternatives? Slush fund for lobbyists and grifters is all that organization stands for anymore.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FNRA
View Quote

Careful now. They still have a subforum here.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Go to the NRA IN Danger Blog, the NRA BK has been in court several times in the last week or so and the people associated with the blog have been attending and posting information that is coming out in the hearings.

If I read the blog correctly the NRA's outside accounting and tax firm fired the NRA in 2019. The immediate past NRA Treasurer Craig Spray was not given access to the data behind the NRA's last 990 filing..

Language for tax form was provided by attorneys, he did not have any basis for that and was told the data was privileged.

Craig Spray, treasurer until recently of NRA. He testified he’d never been told of the bankruptcy before it was filed, was quite surprised by it. He was instructed to transfer $5 million to the Brewer firm trust account.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope they’re buried so far underground they never see the light of day again.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hope they’re buried so far underground they never see the light of day again.
View Quote

If even half of what I am seeing is true Wayne will end up in the recently vacated cell of Bernie M.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Yup.  DJT said it first.  The system is rigged.  He ain't wrong.  

I mean really, how does a cash flush corporation with soooo many lifetime members simply go 50 million in debt?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
NRA is on the way to extinction.  Not only by their own actions but because most people younger than 55 these days don't join clubs or organizations, unless forced to by employers or other institution.

The main downside to losing the NRA, which we almost for sure will, is Congress will think there is no more impediment to gun banning and other anti-gun laws with the NRA gone.  This will allow the RINO's and Never Trumpers to go ahead and support bans of all kinds since the contributions from the NRA will have dried up, thereby relinquishing their responsibility to vote against anti-gun legislation.  That right now is the only reason we need the NRA in existence and still acting politically.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:53:28 PM EDT
[#13]
They didn't protect our rights, they just extorted us on false promises
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#15]
$54millon could buy 90,000 Ar15 rifles. Maybe we are going about defending our rights the wrong way.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:59:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Still going through back blogs of the NRA Bankruptcy Proceedings. Here is another juicy rage fest.

NRA Bankruptcy Proceedings Day Three. More Facts Emerger... NRA Spent $8 Million Fighting Arbitration of $2 Million Case Resulting From Firing of Chris Cox.

Chris Cox, after he got purged as ILA head, initiated an arbitration over his separation agreement, NRA paid Brewer $8 million in legal fees, although the amount in dispute is only $2 million. (Judge picked up on that).
View Quote

Wayne had a golden parachute never approved by Board. Ten years of very lucrative consulting if he ever was not re-elected EVP.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
When do gun clubs that require NRA membership start looking for alternatives? Slush fund for lobbyists and grifters is all that organization stands for anymore.
View Quote

Mine did away with that requirement in the last year. I am very happy to let my membership lapse.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Well they're the only big dog in this fight.  Sure they've got some issues, but what big org doesn't? We can't throw the baby out with the bathwater! I'm gonna write me another check for those folks to keep fighting the good fight!

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tag for later.
View Quote

@Aimless If I had a choice between NRA's lawyers and Saul Goodman, I would call Saul in all his clown suited glory. At least Saul would hook me up with a phony passport and a relocation specialist if the fit was hitting the shan. At this rate Wayne's boys better get him a prison consultant.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#20]
TLDR...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:05:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They have an empty storefront.
View Quote

Kinda like Brownells?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah?

So does Cheaper Than Dirt and they are trash as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
NRA is on the way to extinction.  Not only by their own actions but because most people younger than 55 these days don't join clubs or organizations, unless forced to by employers or other institution.

The main downside to losing the NRA, which we almost for sure will, is Congress will think there is no more impediment to gun banning and other anti-gun laws with the NRA gone.  This will allow the RINO's and Never Trumpers to go ahead and support bans of all kinds since the contributions from the NRA will have dried up, thereby relinquishing their responsibility to vote against anti-gun legislation.  That right now is the only reason we need the NRA in existence and still acting politically.
View Quote

The NRA is going extinct because of their inaction on the 2A and their own misdeeds, that's it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#24]
I will be honest and state that I have never given them a dime and I'm glad that I did not with that fucking crook at the helm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Yeah?

So does Cheaper Than Dirt and they are trash as well.
View Quote

I wanna <fake edit> reply sooooooooo bad
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#26]
The fleecing of the NRA. They turned it into their own privet back account.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#27]
So...when does Wayne exit the stage?

The NRA has big potential with cleaning and reorganization.  

Fact is, the Democrat turds hate the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
The nra needs to have a group of cells in jail with the democratic party
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Kinda like Brownells?
View Quote

Laughs in Butina.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Sickening.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:30:34 PM EDT
[#33]
So is all of Wayne’s suits and ties protected under the bankruptcy?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Only one question I care about.  Can wayne be removed completely from the organization?  If not, it's never going to survive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't think the NRA as a whole is bad. But they have been very poorly managed for a very long time. Hopefully they can fix this and right the ship.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:31:19 PM EDT
[#36]
NRA Former Treasurer Wood Wilson spent a lot of his time during his deposition taking the 5th about his activities as NRA Treasure.

Wilson “Woody” Phillips was NRA’s treasurer from 1991-2018. Why and how he was chosen, no one that we’ve talked to remembers. They think the board was probably just told to meet the new guy, and then voted to choose him.

It’s known that a few months before he was hired, he was let go from his previous job, as treasurer for the “Wyatt Company.” They say they let him go because they caught him embezzling over a million dollars, creating fake invoices and diverting the money to his own accounts.

View Quote

We’re told that Wilson’s testimony was taken in a deposition in the bankruptcy suit, and that he spent almost the entire deposition taking the Fifth Amendment about what’d he’d done as NRA’s treasurer. Anyone want to bet that NRA’s board is being told none of this?

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:32:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Hang those cunts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:33:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't think the NRA as a whole is bad. But they have been very poorly managed for a very long time. Hopefully they can fix this and right the ship.
View Quote

The response to Judge Journey the NRA BOD Member pushing for transparency says the NRA BOD as a whole has no intention of changing things or trying to fix what they have done wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:33:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FNRA

They can lick my dead cat’s butthole after they go intercourse themselves.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:34:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
They didn't protect our rights, they just extorted us on false promises
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:34:46 PM EDT
[#42]
The NRA ceased being an effective 2A .org years and years ago.

You guys are just realizing it now?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

NRA Former Treasurer Wood Wilson spent a lot of his time during his deposition taking the 5th about his activities as NRA Treasure.

Wilson “Woody” Phillips was NRA’s treasurer from 1991-2018. Why and how he was chosen, no one that we’ve talked to remembers. They think the board was probably just told to meet the new guy, and then voted to choose him.

It’s known that a few months before he was hired, he was let go from his previous job, as treasurer for the “Wyatt Company.” They say they let him go because they caught him embezzling over a million dollars, creating fake invoices and diverting the money to his own accounts.

We’re told that Wilson’s testimony was taken in a deposition in the bankruptcy suit, and that he spent almost the entire deposition taking the Fifth Amendment about what’d he’d done as NRA’s treasurer. Anyone want to bet that NRA’s board is being told none of this?

I am passed the point of being surprised...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who exactly is going to fix it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#45]
So.... you're saying the NRA leadership is corrupt, and tyrannically DOX anyone who opposes their largess and corruption?  

Just wow... who knew?!
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn. What all that money would have done for gun laws.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I bet I can surprise you right now.

Day 2 Of NRA Bankruptcy Hearings. Hold Onto Your Butts Fellas.

NRA discovered that LaPierre’s assistant, Millie Hallow, had “diverted” $40,000 in NRA money to her private use. Was she punished? Frazer said she had to repay it. Anything more than that? he didn’t know what her manager did to her. Who is her manager? Wayne LaPierre. NY Atty General asked Frazer what type of message does this send to the other headquarters staff? He had no answer.

or

David McKenzie owns three companies, LLCs, that deal with NRA and have mailing addresses at NRA headquarters. He is the person who loans his hundred foot yacht to LaPierre when LaPierre vacations in the Bahamas. His companies have consulting contracts with NRA, but send invoices for far more than the contract price, and get them paid. One LLC had a contract for $400,000 per month but has been getting paid $961,000 per month. Another’s contract was for 135,000 per month but it’s being paid 373,000. Per month. It must be doing a lot of consulting.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#48]
But.....But..... We need your donations to save the 2A LAWL
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:46:27 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm not positive about legal fees, but generally if you pay a bunch of your buddies vendor's bills and file bankruptcy the next day, they are giving that money back.

Trust me there is nothing worse that getting the bankruptcy notice and then getting an order from the bankruptcy court demanding the money you were paid back so they can give it to the banks that are owed instead of you since your debts are unsecured.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#50]
The legal fees were a kickback to Wayne. Similar to US handouts to foreign countries that then funnel it back to their bought and paid for politicians.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top