Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Some of what is going on is normal legal maneuvering.  Some is just corrupt bullshit.  iirc, there are multiple NRA's at the moment.  The one incorporated in NY is getting sued - and given the corruption of the NY legal system, probably out of existence.  That NRA filed for bankruptcy protection.  In addition, there is several other NRA based programs that are separately incorporated.  I think Ill and Education are there own entities.  I would not be surprised if every state has it's own entity plus all the Friends are probably their own entities.

I don't know what assets were transferred to the NRA incorporated in Texas.  That said, if I was a law firm, I sure the hell would want a very serious retainer before spending 1 damn minute with a company I knew was playing the bankruptcy game.  The company I used to work for was employed by the court during a small but messy bankruptcy reorg.  We billed for over 5yrs before the court payed us when closing the bankruptcy.  It's great to get paid for 5 years of billable time, but sucks having to finance it first.  We got the job by the court as a way of the court repaying our managing partners who were fleeced during the initial fraud that sent it all to the court.
----
Of course none of this is really relative to the gag order on a dissenting BOD member.  FWIW, NRA has be Wayne's baby for a long, long time - it is more his private corporation than a non-profit apparently.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
So, are we doing a class action suit yet because we the members have been defrauded our membership fees?

Somewhat serious.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#3]
In the 90 days before the BK filing the NRA paid Brewer's firm $17 million dollars. The BK attorney Brewer hired for the NRA currently is asking the court for $1million retainer and Brewer firm is asking for $3million.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
@mousehunter

This is not the usual corporate maneuvering to clear out bad debts. The NY AG is looking to wreck the NRA and the NRA Officers. NRA Officers and BOD have spent decades putting the org in this situation and putting themselves in the hotseat. I fully expect there to be criminal actions against people in the E suite at the NRA. Honestly with what we are learning I am shocked the .Gov did not curb stomp the association years ago.

As for the various corporate entities. I would not be shocked if every asset the NRA has is in hock to cover various debts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What happens to the museum and it's contents? Do the members own them?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Careful now. They still have a subforum here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FNRA

Careful now. They still have a subforum here.
Fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anything on loan goes back to the owners. The rest is probably collateral already.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Does this mean I’m not getting a brick with my name engraved on it in some hall of honor or some shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
NRA can FOAD as far as I'm concerned until they can WLP, Marion, and the majority of the board. Bunch of slimeballs.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:09:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know the details in this case.  At least some of the NRA management is corrupt as shit - but I also realize that is what the media is also telling us and everything they do is not necessarily illegal.

I do believe, that the NRA, like a lot of the non-profits I have had personal experience with - tends to be more an entity that funds the lifestyles of it's management rather than pushes the goals of its mission statement.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Lolzz
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]
The NRA is the Q of gun rights. While the normal people were consoling themselves content with Gadsen flags, Pepe memes, and Hannity reruns the left was getting shit done. Like the Vietcong they burrow underneath, through and around any and all obsticle until it's time.

Normal people can't battle an abnormal enemy they don't even recognize is present and now it's far too late. Imagine every worst fear realized with countless redundant layers, as one distracts and leads astray the other effects change. Over and over at every every level in every institution.

The last 20 or so years has been one long con pieced together with exquisite precision and tenacity.

Checkmate.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#15]
#NotAnotherDamnDime
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anything on loan goes back to the owners. The rest is probably collateral already.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That alone is a crime.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So...when does Wayne exit the stage?

The NRA has big potential with cleaning and reorganization.  

Fact is, the Democrat turds hate the NRA.
View Quote

Wayne will exit when he dies. Step down? Absolutely never. Change that. He will no longer run it when the NRA dissolves. I believe it is to the point that Wayne can’t leave. His only defense now is to stay, say he is being persecuted, and beg for money because “we can’t let our enemies destroy the NRA”.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:28:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't think the NRA as a whole is bad. But they have been very poorly managed for a very long time. Hopefully they can fix this and right the ship.
View Quote

Agree
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:29:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When do gun clubs that require NRA membership start looking for alternatives? Slush fund for lobbyists and grifters is all that organization stands for anymore.
View Quote

They aren't, they get insurance from them. I tried to voice my distain regarding requiring NRA membership last year. This year I'm not renewing, there are other reasons too.
Some little worm actually took the time to compare the membership rolls to the NRA rolls and sent out nasty letters, not at all friendly, a couple of years ago. Over 300 members lol.

WLP did this, I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit against him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:50:18 PM EDT
[#20]
NRA was mismanaged, but the main goal is to destroy the NRA so Schumer can tell Congressman, "you don't have to fear the NRA anymore."

Many of you forget how many Democrat Congressman refused to vote for gun control due to their perception of the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:56:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't know the details in this case.  At least some of the NRA management is corrupt as shit - but I also realize that is what the media is also telling us and everything they do is not necessarily illegal.

I do believe, that the NRA, like a lot of the non-profits I have had personal experience with - tends to be more an entity that funds the lifestyles of it's management rather than pushes the goals of its mission statement.
View Quote

The media is full of shit and I don't believe near anything they report.  I suggest you all do the same.  Propaganda fucking machine.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:02:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't think Wayne has the ability most believe to stay on the sinking ship.  I'm going to predict he's going to be gone sometime in the near future.  Who takes over?  Not really sure.  There are many Fuds in the NRA.  

But again, MNRAGA.  Make the NRA Great Again.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am passed the point of being surprised...

I bet I can right now.

Day 2 Of NRA Bankruptcy Hearings. Hold Onto Your Butts Fellas.

NRA discovered that LaPierre’s assistant, Millie Hallow, had “diverted” $40,000 in NRA money to her private use. Was she punished? Frazer said she had to repay it. Anything more than that? he didn’t know what her manager did to her. Who is her manager? Wayne LaPierre. NY Atty General asked Frazer what type of message does this send to the other headquarters staff? He had no answer.

or

David McKenzie owns three companies, LLCs, that deal with NRA and have mailing addresses at NRA headquarters. He is the person who loans his hundred foot yacht to LaPierre when LaPierre vacations in the Bahamas. His companies have consulting contracts with NRA, but send invoices for far more than the contract price, and get them paid. One LLC had a contract for $400,000 per month but has been getting paid $961,000 per month. Another’s contract was for 135,000 per month but it’s being paid 373,000. Per month. It must be doing a lot of consulting.

Sadly I am not shocked.... When Wayne sold out those who paid for a membership to then turn around and say they needed money to protect our rights while getting a new mansion was the writing on the wall.

But now those that bought into BLM has their own version of Wayne leading their organization.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Only one question I care about.  Can wayne be removed completely from the organization?  If not, it's never going to survive.
View Quote

Pretty much the entire BOD needs purged before any change can happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:11:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only one question I care about.  Can wayne be removed completely from the organization?  If not, it's never going to survive.

The executive committee would have to be on board to expel WLP.

The same EC that is populated entirely by yes-men hand-picked by WLP.

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:17:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The NRA ceased being an effective 2A .org years and years ago.

You guys are just realizing it now?
View Quote

Some people here were still defending them and WLP after all this broke. I had a feeling they were shitbags years ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:35:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I don't think Wayne has the ability most believe to stay on the sinking ship.  I'm going to predict he's going to be gone sometime in the near future.  Who takes over?  Not really sure.  There are many Fuds in the NRA.  

But again, MNRAGA.  Make the NRA Great Again.
View Quote
Then you haven't read the bylaws.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:05:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Criminal Malfeasance

People need to do time
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
NRA was mismanaged, but the main goal is to destroy the NRA so Schumer can tell Congressman, "you don't have to fear the NRA anymore."

Many of you forget how many Democrat Congressman refused to vote for gun control due to their perception of the NRA.
View Quote

And what's the NRA made up of? If those these letters disappeared would it still be there?

Or is it possible they didn't actually fear the NRA but just loved the sweet money they got?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Some people here were still defending them and WLP after all this broke. I had a feeling they were shitbags years ago.
View Quote

If years ago = early 1900s, then yes
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:14:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Forget the NRA, what we need is an active group of Lawyers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:27:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The executive committee would have to be on board to expel WLP.

The same EC that is populated entirely by yes-men hand-picked by WLP.

View Quote

Not just hand-picked. I believe the case is closer to "complicit". I think a status of Mutually Assured Destruction has formed sort of a stalemate of action (as though any of them actually wanted action, which they don't). If the dam cracks and they start moving people around fresh eyes will see the books and correspondence. That has to be prevented AT ALL COSTS or they all go down together.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll be here for the NRA when fucking Wayne is gone
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#35]
So, will all the smarmy, snarky know-it-alls around here that have been relentless defenders of obvious crookery, attacking anyone who questioned the NRA, post a billion dupe public apology threads to GD?

Those of us that have said the NRA was compromised since at least the 90s aren't so crazy after all, hmmm?

Lack of offense is not a good defense.

Oh, same goes for the GOP.

sEnD mOnEy tO kEeP aMeriCa fRee!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The response to Judge Journey the NRA BOD Member pushing for transparency says the NRA BOD as a whole has no intention of changing things or trying to fix what they have done wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think the NRA as a whole is bad. But they have been very poorly managed for a very long time. Hopefully they can fix this and right the ship.

The response to Judge Journey the NRA BOD Member pushing for transparency says the NRA BOD as a whole has no intention of changing things or trying to fix what they have done wrong.

Wayne should be in jail, the accountant should be, the board should all be fired.

Start fresh.

I'll go back of they dump Wayne and go hard ass, no other reason.

I donate to goa and saf
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Kinda like Brownells?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have an empty storefront.

Kinda like Brownells?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:03:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So, will all the smarmy, snarky know-it-alls around here that have been relentless defenders of obvious crookery, attacking anyone who questioned the NRA, post a billion dupe public apology threads to GD?

Those of us that have said the NRA was compromised since at least the 90s aren't so crazy after all, hmmm?

View Quote

The NRA was compromised back into the early 80"s when LaPierre was first elected!

WTF, is he a Canuck?

After two years of membership and countless mailings to renew/extend membership or give additional donations, I had enough.

This organization has been corrupt for decades and extorts money from it's membership in the name of Pro-2 Amendment lobbyism.

Has there ever been an audit of the NRA?

The Board of Directors should had done this frequently, if this organization was legitimate.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:23:22 AM EDT
[#39]
So when do we start a group buy of their headquarters/range in Fairfax?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So when do we start a group buy of their headquarters/range in Fairfax?
View Quote
Does the NRA own the building or do they just lease it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did Neal Knox give up, or was he ousted or just passed away?  Maybe look into the history of the organization.  If Knox took Charton Heston's place, the NRA would be a very different organization.  IIRC, it was the Board that rejected Knox and they are elected by Voting Members.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Mine did away with that requirement in the last year. I am very happy to let my membership lapse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When do gun clubs that require NRA membership start looking for alternatives? Slush fund for lobbyists and grifters is all that organization stands for anymore.

Mine did away with that requirement in the last year. I am very happy to let my membership lapse.

Same, and I personally led the charge to kill the requirement.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 4:30:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They aren't, they get insurance from them. I tried to voice my distain regarding requiring NRA membership last year. This year I'm not renewing, there are other reasons too.
Some little worm actually took the time to compare the membership rolls to the NRA rolls and sent out nasty letters, not at all friendly, a couple of years ago. Over 300 members lol.

WLP did this, I'm surprised there hasn't been a class action lawsuit against him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My club is insured cheaper, without the NRA. I'm not sure who we use, but I can find out.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:25:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Fuck that wretched hive of scum and villainy.
I always got a smell off the NRA. Turns out it was far worse than I could imagine.
Deep state is the same.
It's one thing to think the great unwashed is less intelligent, and/or has lower morals.
It's another to treat them as lesser creatures.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Then you haven't read the bylaws.
View Quote
This. Short of going to jail, WLP is president for life.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#47]
in on 2
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:45:16 AM EDT
[#48]
What about the kids that shoot in NRA competitions?  Why fuck them over, Wayne?

Your fucking NRA TV and Carry Insurance bullshit turned out to be a bigger threat to the 2A than any Democrat or anti-gun group.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 5:58:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

They already had a Republican president tell them that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 6:52:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top