Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/29/2020 9:20:59 PM EDT
ATTENTION TO ORDERS-

The North Carolina Chapter of the American Pioneer Corps will be holding a Battle Buddies hike on July 25th. We will be meeting at 8:45am for a 9am step off at Lake Norman State Park and doing the approximately 6.2 mile Lake Shore Trail.

This is an effort to build on the APC/Battle Buddies concept the NOVA dudes came up with to get people up off the couch, active in life, fit, and active in the preservation of individual rights through civic engagement.

Primary goal is to get some of us together, get our fitness on, and find out how weird we all in real life.

Date and time: 25 JULY 2020, meet up at 0845, stepping off at 0900.

Trail is a true hiking trial. Lake Norman calls it a moderate hike. Expect a GOOD workout. I am NOT expecting to be able to complete this in the 2 hour window, so this will probably not count towards the Battle Buddy ratings; however, I want to be proven wrong.

Guidelines are the same as the American Battle Buddies (see below).

35lb ruck for beginners / old / broken, 45lb ruck for novices, and 55lb+ ruck for meat eaters, masochists, and berserkers in great shape that still have functioning knees, backs, and shoulders. We need at least three people on the hike so there are two witnesses for each person that's rucked up and meets the pace requirement of 17-20 minutes miles to count toward a third class qualification (again, see below). No helmets and rifles since we will be in a state park. CCW is not allowed.

If you don't have a ruck, don't sweat it. If you are out of shape and can only go a mile at a slow walk, don't sweat it. If you can only carry 10lbs in your ruck, don't sweat it. If you can only go one mile an hour, don't sweat it. Just come for the hike. Do what you can. Everyone starts somewhere. There are 27 days between today and the hike to start moving individually, so make good use of them. Move around for at least 30 minutes in some way at least three times a week as a start.

The primary goal is to get like minded folks together to socialize, have some fun, and see if we can't do something like this on the regular. This one will be a tough hike. We tried to do this one a little over a week ago, and it was tough. But we need to conquer this trail so we can get on to bigger and better things!

We go rain or shine unless the park shuts the trail down. If it does, the rain day will be AUGUST 1st, SAME TIME.

Please RSVP via posting 100% IN.

***If we have zero RSVPs on the poll by the time of the hike, I will still be there, working on not being fat.***
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
@Philmore
@jdsbusa
@UH_SALT_RIFLE

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
@cmts58
@qualityhardware
@2apatriot
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#3]
@JasonD
@ARguy
@DarkLordVader
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:02:45 PM EDT
[#4]
@TheTower
@hsracer201
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]
@PhillyandBCEagles
@ForestRegion
@Ammon
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I want to be part of this Wolf Pack. Thank you sirs.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Woot!  In like Flynn!  
Unless life throws me a wicked curve and i whiff it and have to take that walk of shame back to the dugout.....but I digress.  I should be there.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Will there be donuts?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:55:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will there be donuts?
View Quote

Bringing donuts may be smarter than 55lbs. I finished the 6 miles but my knee has been talking to me all week.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:55:58 AM EDT
[#10]
In!
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 6:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@TheTower
@hsracer201
@CaptColtMossberg
@Spartanatheart
View Quote

Really enjoyed the last one and hate to miss this one but I’ll be in Jax shooting a 2gun with some other Arfcommers that weekend.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:00:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Will there be donuts?
View Quote

If that will get you to come, I can bring a dozen.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:01:42 AM EDT
[#13]
FYI, CCW may be OK in the park. I erred on the side of caution in the OP.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just checking this too - it looks like CCW permit holders can carry in state parks

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:16:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I was just checking this too - it looks like CCW permit holders can carry in state parks

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/502388/4224618C-54CF-4CB2-B7EE-F307AC8416AF_png-1483277.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/502388/4224618C-54CF-4CB2-B7EE-F307AC8416AF_png-1483277.JPG

Good find. I was too busy trying to find a way to get directions to the parking lot to dig that up.

We still need to find a place we can hike with rifles if we want to.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:18:27 AM EDT
[#16]
BATTLE BUDDIES!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:55:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks like a lot of fun, but as my family welcomed our littlest Battle Buddy in the world in May my logistical train is limited to Raleigh and immediate area.

@alphajaguars - any chance for a Raleigh are hike in the near future?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Tagged. I’ll be there!
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good find. I was too busy trying to find a way to get directions to the parking lot to dig that up.

View Quote

That would be awesome.  Shooting outside would be nice too... Foothills is pretty far from me and doesn’t scratch that itch
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:13:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That would be awesome.  Shooting outside would be nice too... Foothills is pretty far from me and doesn’t scratch that itch
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pisgah National forest would be good for that. The Wilsons creek area is nice with many Water falls and Trails going to them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks like a lot of fun, but as my family welcomed our littlest Battle Buddy in the world in May my logistical train is limited to Raleigh and immediate area.

View Quote

@TheTower Pick a time and place and post it up. I'm not too familiar with what is right around there.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:37:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Pisgah National forest would be good for that. The Wilsons creek area is nice with many Water falls and Trails going to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we shoot in the forest?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My buddy’s and I go at-least once a year to backpack in and coyote hunt.  I know it’s legal to carry a firearm and shoot... but I’m not sure about setting up targets etc to have a range day. That’s a question for a ranger.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

@TheTower I am in the Raleigh area and am looking to get a group going in central/eastern NC. This thread is actually a good reminder that I need to get off my ass and make a thread in the HTF and go hiking in some parks around here.

As for this hike, its 3 hours one way for me, and I have to work that day too. We will have to plan for a hike somewhere between Winston and Raleigh once I get a few folks around here.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My buddy’s and I go at-least once a year to backpack in and coyote hunt.  I know it’s legal to carry a firearm and shoot... but I’m not sure about setting up targets etc to have a range day. That’s a question for a ranger.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY interesting.

I am assuming hunting licenses are required just to be safe while shooting the yotes?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 6:57:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

VERY interesting.

I am assuming hunting licenses are required just to be safe while shooting the yotes?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY interesting.

IIRC I’m pretty sure you need to have a hunting license to hunt coyote in NC.. even though there is an open season on them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#27]
@wparkinson
@ncjeeper76
@FREEFALLE7
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#28]
@GLOCK-23
@Bandhunter
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#29]
@CaptColtMossberg
@Spartanatheart
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#30]
@SaturnSport8k
@Seanquigley
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#31]
If you got tagged more than once, I apologize but it looks like we can no longer mention more than 3 people per post so I wanted to make sure every saw this.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the invite, but I can’t make it. Helping an industry partner with concealed carry classes that weekend.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Soon.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I’ll take a look and see if I can make it. Thanks for the tag!
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks for the invite, but I can’t make it. Helping an industry partner with concealed carry classes that weekend.
View Quote

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We need to hook you and @jdsbusa up to do a ham class. That's one of the next things I want to get us working on.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I’ll take a look and see if I can make it. Thanks for the tag!
View Quote

Ham it up, baby!
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#37]
If the mask requirements are lifted by then, I will be getting a hotel room to attend the hike.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If the mask requirements are lifted by then, I will be getting a hotel room to attend the hike.
View Quote

You're a stud
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Bump
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@TheTower I am in the Raleigh area and am looking to get a group going in central/eastern NC. This thread is actually a good reminder that I need to get off my ass and make a thread in the HTF and go hiking in some parks around here.

As for this hike, its 3 hours one way for me, and I have to work that day too. We will have to plan for a hike somewhere between Winston and Raleigh once I get a few folks around here.
View Quote

@2apatriot

I've done some great 6 mile hikes at the Old Reedy Creek trail in Cary (Old Reedy Creek Road Trailhead 2139 Old Reedy Creek Rd, Cary, NC 27513)

Do you think we could get a group in the Raleigh / Cary / Apex area to together for a hike there in August?  Can cross-post in Hometown to gauge interest!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

@2apatriot

I've done some great 6 mile hikes at the Old Reedy Creek trail in Cary (Old Reedy Creek Road Trailhead 2139 Old Reedy Creek Rd, Cary, NC 27513)

Do you think we could get a group in the Raleigh / Cary / Apex area to together for a hike there in August?  Can cross-post in Hometown to gauge interest!
View Quote

Responded to you in the HTF. I could do the weekends of 8/01, 8/15 or 8/29
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#43]
NORTH CAROLINA BATTLE BUDDIES
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:46:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
NORTH CAROLINA BATTLE BUDDIES
View Quote

Working on getting it up and running. Still need to find a place we can hike with rifles, but until then we have some other things in the works. Looking at a med class or 2, and we have some guys that are really good at commo.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#45]
AR pistols in backpacks good to go.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 7:23:30 PM EDT
[#46]
I should see what it would take to get it in there.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#47]
I would be there (I’m in Pineville), but already made camping reservations that weekend.

Have fun!
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 5:28:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 12:03:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top