Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/26/2013 9:28:20 PM EDT
After a HS football game he and others went to a bar for a couple of drinks. He had about 3 to 4 draft beers, hung out for a while and left for home. On the way home, about a mile from home he got pulled over.. Shit sucks and I feel bad because I know my parents don't have a shit load of money and this don't help them. On the other hand, he knew what he was doing ...the cop said he is rite at the limit and even lower at the station later. But on the ticket it says he blew a .13 (NY limit is (.08)..And now it will probably cost a shit load of money...Fuck
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The moral of the story

Don't drink and drive.

It's just that easy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Money is a lot better then prison time after he crashes and kills someone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The moral of the story

Don't drink and drive.

It's just that easy.
View Quote

It really is.  Drink AT HOME if you're driving.  He could've just as well have had 3-4 Cokes.

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't drink and drive. Way too many people killed by asshats who thought they weren't impaired.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh, alright. I'm in for potential shenanigans.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:35:31 PM EDT
[#7]
3-4 beers shouldn't put the average guy at .13 unless he downed them real quick.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Cops.

Maybe he should plead to letting them shoot his dog?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I know not to drink and drive.. I can always remember people at the bar calling me a pussy because I would only drink 2 beers and leave 3 hours later. I don't want to pay for that shit or have it on my record..
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:36:31 PM EDT
[#10]
He'll have to take his lumps. Glad no one was hurt by his bad decision.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Nary a single fuck.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After a HS football game he and others went to a bar for a couple of drinks. He had about 3 to 4 draft beers, hung out for a while and left for home. On the way home, about a mile from home he got pulled over.. Shit sucks and I feel bad because I know my parents don't have a shit load of money and this don't help them. On the other hand, he knew what he was doing ...the cop said he is rite at the limit and even lower at the station later. But on the ticket it says he blew a .13 (NY limit is (.08)..And now it will probably cost a shit load of money...Fuck
View Quote

Stupid hurts. Don't drink and drive. It really is simple.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
3-4 beers shouldn't put the average guy at .13 unless he downed them real quick.
View Quote

OP said it was 3-4 draft beers though, so there was probably more than 12 oz in each.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#14]
people don't generally get pulled over for drunk driving unless they are driving kind of poorly

0.13 is considered "medium" level of drunkenness, where people are kind of fucked up but can still hide it fairly well

0.02-0.03 BAC: No loss of coordination, slight euphoria and loss of shyness. Depressant effects are not apparent. Mildly relaxed and maybe a little lightheaded.

0.04-0.06 BAC: Feeling of well-being, relaxation, lower inhibitions, sensation of warmth. Euphoria. Some minor impairment of reasoning and memory, lowering of caution. Your behavior may become exaggerated and emotions intensified (Good emotions are better, bad emotions are worse)

0.07-0.09 BAC: Slight impairment of balance, speech, vision, reaction time, and hearing. Euphoria. Judgment and self-control are reduced, and caution, reason and memory are impaired, .08 is legally impaired and it is illegal to drive at this level. You will probably believe that you are functioning better than you really are.

0.10-0.125 BAC: Significant impairment of motor coordination and loss of good judgment. Speech may be slurred; balance, vision, reaction time and hearing will be impaired. Euphoria.

0.13-0.15 BAC: Gross motor impairment and lack of physical control. Blurred vision and major loss of balance. Euphoria is reduced and dysphoria (anxiety, restlessness) is beginning to appear. Judgment and perception are severely impaired.

0.16-0.19 BAC: Dysphoria predominates, nausea may appear. The drinker has the appearance of a "sloppy drunk."

0.20 BAC: Felling dazed, confused or otherwise disoriented. May need help to stand or walk. If you injure yourself you may not feel the pain. Some people experience nausea and vomiting at this level. The gag reflex is impaired and you can choke if you do vomit. Blackouts are likely at this level so you may not remember what has happened.

0.25 BAC: All mental, physical and sensory functions are severely impaired. Increased risk of asphyxiation from choking on vomit and of seriously injuring yourself by falls or other accidents.

0.30 BAC: STUPOR. You have little comprehension of where you are. You may pass out suddenly and be difficult to awaken.

0.35 BAC: Coma is possible. This is the level of surgical anesthesia.

0.40 BAC and up: Onset of coma, and possible death due to
respiratory arrest.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OP said it was 3-4 draft beers though, so there was probably more than 12 oz in each.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

who serves a 12 oz draft?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:41:52 PM EDT
[#16]
In on one
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Good. Stupid hurts.        

Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

huh?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:43:49 PM EDT
[#19]
In many states a DUI can temporary impair your rights to own a firearm.  The Feds also have talked about extending the Launtenburg rule to encompass DUI and other misdemeanors, other than domestic violence.   Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I dont drink much. but when i do its sometimes hard to accurately say how many drinks I had. Maybe i start out thinking I'm only gonna have three. Well after three, inhibitions are starting to go down and I decide maybe a fourth. Then a couple friends start buying shots. Maybe I lose track at about 5 or 7 drinks.

Now if i were dumb enough to drive in such a state and was pulled over "I lost count somewhere between five and seven" might not be the best answer to how much have you been drinking? I might claim 3 or 4.

So my solution is simple. I rarely drink alcohol. Its been about 6-weeks since my last drink. will probably be a few more weeks before my next. When i do drink alcohol i have a designated driver who never consumes alcohol. Not someone who says I wont drink tonight, but someone who completely abstains. As soon as i order that first drink the DD gets me keys. Period. If that person is not available then i dont drink.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Lol how does 3-4 beers cause you to crash and kill someone that wouldn't wind up happening anyway?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:45:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

True.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The moral of the story

Don't drink and drive.

It's just that easy.
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:46:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Lol how does 3-4 beers cause you to crash and kill someone that wouldn't wind up happening anyway?
View Quote

Depends on the person.

Maximum legal BAC is set at a standard level because a certain BAC effects people generally the same way, even though it may take more or less than 3-4 beers to get there.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:47:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my point, the poster I originally quoted seemed to  be thinking in terms of 3-4 "drinks" which would be a can or bottle of beer and not the big draft that it probably was.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]
The reason the cop pulled him over is because that cop said he crossed the double lines...In shitty commie NY they now have rumble strips on average roads now. My SF said he didn't and sure as hell would of known if he did... The cop was just sitting on the road bared as shit looking for a collar probably.. My SF is a dumb ass because it was even on the news saying that cops were out in full force for DWI's because of Halloween being on a weekday ad all the parties being on this weekend.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

huh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

huh?

Exactly my point.. I honesty thing the cop juiced it up or something.. obviously the lawyer will figure the shit out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#28]
My deceased cousin would not feel much pity for your step dad.   The baby she's holding is now 17.   Karen never got to see her grow up.

http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/news/22058939.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 9:58:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Sucks to be him.  Don't drink and drive.  Pretty simple.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#31]
.13 is not "close" to .08
.09 is close to .08

and he did not have only 3 beers to achieve that.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Exactly my point.. I honesty thing the cop juiced it up or something.. obviously the lawyer will figure the shit out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

huh?

One of the weekends of the year where the most drunks are out on the highway and you honestly believed the cop had to lie to nail your stepfather?

If one isn't drunk, it's not hard at all to wait. Another one will be along any minute now. The bars just closed here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I've had family members killed by drunk drivers.

No pity for OPs stepfather. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:06:31 PM EDT
[#35]
There are three types of people:

People that have never drunk and drived
People that drink and drive and were caught
People that drink and drive and were not caught (yet)

Guess which one is likely the largest group yet the most judgmental?

For the record I drink at home unless i'm riding with someone.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

so you are in lot #3?

or YOU make the assumption YOU are the only one who does not drink and drive?
my wife does not drink, she drives me. where do i fit in your 3 groups?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:13:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Probably people who have never drank and drove.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably people who have never drank and drove.

I wish that were the case.  Damn you caught my grammar.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

so you are in lot #3?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so you are in lot #3?

I'm making no assumptions partner, only you can decide where you fall and what it means.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:18:50 PM EDT
[#42]
No sympathy from me.  There's no excuse whatsoever for drinking and driving.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#43]

In after progressive retardation.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My deceased cousin would not feel much pity for your step dad.   The baby she's holding is now 17.   Karen never got to see her grow up.

http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/news/22058939.html
View Quote

Fuck drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

people don't generally get pulled over for drunk driving unless they are driving kind of poorly.....

View Quote

Umm, not true.  If you are coming home from work after a late shift you will get pulled over more often--has NOTHING to do with how you're driving.  Cops, they be fishing.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I never drink and drive but the current DWI limit of .08 is kind of silly.  .10-.12 is more reasonable.

The DWI focus in law enforcement today is, in my opinion misguided.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 10:56:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I never drink and drive but the current DWI limit of .08 is kind of silly.  .10-.12 is more reasonable.

View Quote

I hear they're going to lower it to .05 soon.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Why is that your opinion?
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd bet people who've  had loved ones smeared all over the pavement from drunk drivers would disagree with your opinion.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top