User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know not to drink and drive.. I can always remember people at the bar calling me a pussy because I would only drink 2 beers and leave 3 hours later. I don't want to pay for that shit or have it on my record..
View Quote

People calling you a pussy for not fucking with your future is stupid. I have heard shit like this as long as I can remember, and good on for you for not letting that shit get to you. People who want to gamble (possibly) the rest of their life for a couple beers has their priorities out of order.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:11:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Somehow I have managed to go my entire life without drinking and driving.  I have done plenty of drinking but I never wanted to take the chance that I would kill somebody or ruin my life over some stupid night where I just HAD to go pay 5 times+ the normal cost of alcohol (the bar) but couldn't spare a few bucks on a cab.

Then again I am not the "get drunk and fight because herp derp" type either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thats why you never take the field sobriety test of breathalizer. Dont give em ammo against you.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd bet people who've  had loved ones smeared all over the pavement from drunk drivers would disagree with your opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DWI focus in law enforcement today is, in my opinion misguided.

I'd bet people who've  had loved ones smeared all over the pavement from drunk drivers would disagree with your opinion.

I have had loved ones hurt by drunk driving assholes.  Thankfully none killed.

OTOH I held the hand of a mother while she was dying in front of her children because her husband was driving drunk and ran a stop sign causing an accident that caused her and her kids all to be ejected into the road.  She was run over.  

I will never forget the look in her eyes as she slipped away.  Or the kids faces whom we had all lined up sitting on the side of the road just the other side of my car.  Thankfully her drunk husband who was trying to steal my car while I was holding his dying wifes hand got knocked the fuck out by a bystander.  Bastard.  He is now serving 15 years in the pen.  

Long story short.  They were coming home from church in a small pickup truck, kids in the cab and in the back of the truck.  The wife was arguing with the husband,  He reached across the cab to hit her and ran the stop sign. The results were scattered all over the road.  

As I have said before,  FUCK DRUNK DRIVERS.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#7]
never agree to any sobriety tests!! my lawyer advised me to respectfully refuse any sobriety tests (field, breathalyzer).. let them take you in.. by the time you get processed and all that stuff and then get tested by court order (or whatever) your BAC will be lower and hopefully below the legal limit, which will help you in the long run.. My friend actually had this happen and work for him.. by the time he got tested he sat in the jail and got sober enough to test under the legal limit saving him a DWI charge and a shit load of money and trouble... and i heard if they want to take a blood sample to say that you are deathly afraid of needles and they wont be able to do it on you (but im not sure on that one and dont know the credibility)... but the best and logical way to avoid a DWI is not to drink and drive in the first place obviously.. nobody wants to be another statistic and god forbid cause an accident bc of your actions..
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
No respect for drunk drivers. Drunks will always say that they only had a few beers. They really don't know how much they drank.  Most will never learn, the only way some will learn is to sit in the county jail / prison to scare the shit out of them.

I know of one that was caught by Pasadena PD that blew over a .15.  Not supposed to drive due to conditions of bond, but still does anyway. Still does burn outs with his truck near the local police substation and still drinks and drives leaving the parking lot of Rodeo Night Club off of I-45 in Houston

His brother is even dumber that him. He is a habitual drunk that ended up pointing a handgun at a Houston Police Officer in the parking lot of Rodeo Night Club this year.  He was lucky the cops did not send him to the funeral home.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Cops are corrupt.  

Quoted:
The reason the cop pulled him over is because that cop said he crossed the double lines...In shitty commie NY they now have rumble strips on average roads now. My SF said he didn't and sure as hell would of known if he did... The cop was just sitting on the road bared as shit looking for a collar probably.. My SF is a dumb ass because it was even on the news saying that cops were out in full force for DWI's because of Halloween being on a weekday ad all the parties being on this weekend.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I drink a lot, and I drive a lot. I will never get a DUI because I do one or the other its not rocket science. He gets no compassion from me. .13 is not right at the limit either, he was drunk.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
never agree to any sobriety tests!! my lawyer advised me to respectfully refuse any sobriety tests (field, breathalyzer).. let them take you in.. by the time you get processed and all that stuff and then get tested by court order (or whatever) your BAC will be lower and hopefully below the legal limit, which will help you in the long run.. My friend actually had this happen and work for him.. by the time he got tested he sat in the jail and got sober enough to test under the legal limit saving him a DWI charge and a shit load of money and trouble... and i heard if they want to take a blood sample to say that you are deathly afraid of needles and they wont be able to do it on you (but im not sure on that one and dont know the credibility)... but the best and logical way to avoid a DWI is not to drink and drive in the first place obviously.. nobody wants to be another statistic and god forbid cause an accident bc of your actions..
View Quote

LOL they don't care if you're deathly afraid of needles they are taking blood and as far as the refusal most of Texas is No Refusal now meaning if you refuse the breath test they will immediately place you under arrest and take your license for 1 year. They will also make it a priority to get your blood drawn. I may be wrong, but i thought I had read that they can estimate your blood alcohol level at the time of arrest from the results of the blood draw and use it in court.

Your last statement is the most accurate being that you shouldn't drink and drive in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
LOL they don't care if you're deathly afraid of needles they are taking blood and as far as the refusal most of Texas is No Refusal now meaning if you refuse the breath test they will immediately place you under arrest and take your license for 1 year. They will also make it a priority to get your blood drawn. I may be wrong, but i thought I had read that they can estimate your blood alcohol level at the time of arrest from the results of the blood draw and use it in court.

Your last statement is the most accurate being that you shouldn't drink and drive in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There was a video posted here about a year ago, of a woman that was held down and had blood forcibly drawn after a DWI arrest.

I don't remember what state it happened in though.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
3-4 beers shouldn't put the average guy at .13 unless he downed them real quick.
View Quote

Not true.  Everyone is different.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

There was a video posted here about a year ago, of a woman that was held down and had blood forcibly drawn after a DWI arrest.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw the one of a man being strapped down to a chair or gurney on here a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Thats why you never take the field sobriety test of breathalizer. Dont give em ammo against you.
View Quote

An OWI arrest may be obtained based on any combination of the evidence of your driving, your performance on field sobriety tests, and other observations the officer and other witnesses may have made regarding your actions and behavior.

Sure, don't take the SFST or PBT... but you can't hide your slurred speech, slow or clumsy movements, swaying, dropping objects, forgetting thoughts in mid-sentence, glossy & red eyes, the odor of an alcoholic beverage on breath, etc. Fuck it, while you're at it refuse the evidentiary chemical test also. I'm sure that'll help you also.

Any good officer will be able to articulate why you were arrested even after you refused to do the SFST or PBT.

Sure, he/she may not have enough this time but you'll try it again. And next time you may not be so lucky.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I saw the one of a man being strapped down to a chair or gurney on here a few months ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=9037543

It was in Georgia.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:09:26 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

There are three types of people:

People that have never drunk and drived

People that drink and drive and were caught

People that drink and drive and were not caught (yet)

Guess which one is likely the largest group yet the most judgmental? Those killed or maimed by drunk drivers.

For the record I drink at home unless i'm riding with someone.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:44:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Oh, what the hell, might as well pile on too.

Fuck drunk drivers in the ass with a steel post covered in rusty barb wire.

In SD you WILL give blood if arrested for DUI. If not voluntarily, a telephonic warrant WILL be issued riki-tik.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:04:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Refusal of the test or tests is a separate crime for which you may be charged"  Straight off the Post Arrest Chemical Test Advisement for my state.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:04:59 AM EDT
[#20]
No sympathy and by 3-4 beers while hanging out for "awhile", Im betting that was probably an hour or so.

Drunk drivers can go eat it as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:07:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my state, if you refuse quite honestly I don't care.  You simply get charged with Refusal of a Chemical Test on top of the DUI.  The only time we are going to jump the hoops for a blood draw when there is a refusal is if there is a fatality.  We will get a warrant, usually over the phone within a half-hour or so, and fear of needles or not, a sample will be taken.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:53:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

True.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3-4 beers shouldn't put the average guy at .13 unless he downed them real quick.

True.

What kind of beers were they?  Four Loko?  Otherwise either the cop lied about the percent or your Step Dad lied about how many he had.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#23]
At least he wasn't driving and texting
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:18:50 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

It could have come down and what your step dad "says" the cop "said" is all speculative and his word against the cop. Courts favor cops word.(over someone with a .13 BAC)

Unless there is a major screw up, get ready to pay and pay A LOT. Like my DUI attorney buddy says, They can lessen the sentence for rapists, murders and thieves but DUI? Forgetaboutit. There is no mercy for them. I cannot speak for NY but here in CA, the DMV also gets involved. Its a nightmare. Get a GREAT attorney and one that will tell you the truth. Not sell you on "Oh, You can beat this and will get cleared"  

I am not an attorney but I sure did learn alot from the team that tested all of us.

At the end of the day, I am just GRATEFUL that your stepdad did not kill anyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

After a HS football game he and others went to a bar for a couple of drinks. He had about 3 to 4 draft beers, hung out for a while and left for home. On the way home, about a mile from home he got pulled over.. Shit sucks and I feel bad because I know my parents don't have a shit load of money and this don't help them. On the other hand, he knew what he was doing ...the cop said he is rite at the limit and even lower at the station later. But on the ticket it says he blew a .13 (NY limit is (.08)..And now it will probably cost a shit load of money...Fuck

huh?

Exactly my point.. I honesty thing the cop juiced it up or something.. obviously the lawyer will figure the shit out.
It could have come down and what your step dad "says" the cop "said" is all speculative and his word against the cop. Courts favor cops word.(over someone with a .13 BAC)

Unless there is a major screw up, get ready to pay and pay A LOT. Like my DUI attorney buddy says, They can lessen the sentence for rapists, murders and thieves but DUI? Forgetaboutit. There is no mercy for them. I cannot speak for NY but here in CA, the DMV also gets involved. Its a nightmare. Get a GREAT attorney and one that will tell you the truth. Not sell you on "Oh, You can beat this and will get cleared"  

I am not an attorney but I sure did learn alot from the team that tested all of us.

At the end of the day, I am just GRATEFUL that your stepdad did not kill anyone.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:23:34 AM EDT
[#25]
You are right, the cop was probably just sitting there waiting bored as shit waiting for a collar as you put it...that is one way to look at it. Or the other way is that your step-father was DRUNK DRIVING and got caught by a cop that was doing his job. I mean lets not acknowledge the fact that he was actually drunk and driving, lets blame the cop. Fucking ridiculous. Fuck around lets not hold him accountable for his actions or anything, lets blame the cop. What is more likely? That your SF crossed a rumble strip and didn't notice because he is under the influence?! Or that the cop made the entire incident up because he felt like fucking over someone he's never even met, hell he probably force fed your SF the alcohol too...fucking cop, good thing the dog wasn't at the bar too, could have turned into a shootout.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:29:54 AM EDT
[#26]
hope your state doesn't have a law stripping your firearms rights after a DUI/DWI.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What kind of beers were they?  Four Loko?  Otherwise either the cop lied about the percent or your Step Dad lied about how many he had.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True.

Im betting it was the time they were consumed in…OP said he hung out for "awhile" which I bet was about an hour, 90 minutes tops.  3-4 beers in that time could set you over the limit easily.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:48:15 AM EDT
[#28]
All DUI's seem to have only had "3" beers.

SF has only himself to blame.

Glad he's still alive, funerals are not cheap either, nor are lawsuits from someone you hit and injured or killed.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:53:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Meh......That's what the "bar culture" can get you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:59:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Money is a lot better then prison time after he crashes and kills someone.
View Quote

+1
a buddy last month ran into and killed a 19yo girl driving drunk.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:09:38 AM EDT
[#31]
OP,
0.13 isn't anywhere near the limit, he downed a lot more than 3-4 servings of beer. Maybe if he was drinking something like Arrogant Bastard or a barley wine, his story might make sense, but he didn't get that drunk on 3-4 12oz pours of Miller Lite. Time to see if your state will let him have a small motorcycle (since they don't require plates or a driver's license so all the DUIs drive them)

Quoted:
View Quote

In some states, refusing the field test(s) is an immediate suspension of your license for one year, and they'll still haul you in for the blood test so they can convict you of DUI. In MD, you'd lose your license for 6 months on first offense, but the judge will give you a work-and-grocery-store exemption, if you refuse the test, he's not going to give you the exemption.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:12:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fuck drunk drivers in the ass with a steel post splintered 4x4 covered wrapped in rusty barb wire and dipped in broken glass.
View Quote

FIFY.
Fuck drunk drivers.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:23:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

OTOH I held the hand of a mother while she was dying in front of her children because her husband was driving drunk and ran a stop sign causing an accident that caused her and her kids all to be ejected into the road.  She was run over.  

I will never forget the look in her eyes as she slipped away.  Or the kids faces whom we had all lined up sitting on the side of the road just the other side of my car.  Thankfully her drunk husband who was trying to steal my car while I was holding his dying wifes hand got knocked the fuck out by a bystander.  Bastard.  He is now serving 15 years in the pen.  

Long story short.  They were coming home from church in a small pickup truck, kids in the cab and in the back of the truck.  The wife was arguing with the husband,  He reached across the cab to hit her and ran the stop sign.
View Quote

Not to derail an otherwise enlightening thread, but that strikes me as rather odd.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:24:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Georgia (Gwinnett County) is one.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22706519/georgia-counties-seizing-dui-suspects-blood

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:34:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This or he was drinking on an empty stomach. I could drink three draft beers with a big Mexican dinner, tortillas, chips & queso and all - and have - along with a couple of glasses of water and be fine when we leave after two hours.

Expensive night for him.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#36]
I gave up stopping at bars a very long time ago, late 20's.  Too expensive anyway.  Buy your beer for much less at a store and take it home.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#37]
did this count as 1 draft beer?

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:46:15 AM EDT
[#38]
A friend of mine from HS got into a MV accident with a DD a few years back.

2 kids along with their mother died in that car.  My friend was made a paraplegic.  He got $50K from insurance, and wasted away for 7 years until he passed 4 months ago.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:47:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:54:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

who serves a 12 oz draft?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP said it was 3-4 draft beers though, so there was probably more than 12 oz in each.

who serves a 12 oz draft?

probably NY
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:54:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I wish every state had a law stripping firearm rights after a DUI. If you are dumb enough to drive drunk you don't have the mental capacity to be trusted with a firearm.

And for those of you that make it a hobby to find ways out of being charged with a DUI when you know you were, you are no better than the ones who are caught and charged. If you refuse a test it should be an automatic admission of guilt.

Scum of the earth. Right behind the payday loan store owners according to some of you.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:00:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Good thing for property owners along the way that he didn't crash through their fence.  Because it would totally be their fault, not his....
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
After a HS football game he and others went to a bar for a couple of drinks. He had about 3 to 4 draft beers, hung out for a while and left for home. On the way home, about a mile from home he got pulled over.. Shit sucks and I feel bad because I know my parents don't have a shit load of money and this don't help them. On the other hand, he knew what he was doing ...the cop said he is rite at the limit and even lower at the station later. But on the ticket it says he blew a .13 (NY limit is (.08)..And now it will probably cost a shit load of money...Fuck
View Quote

H Vs M?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:12:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Lol how does 3-4 beers cause you to crash and kill someone that wouldn't wind up happening anyway?
View Quote

and were off with a blanket statement
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:13:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I never drink and drive but the current DWI limit of .08 is kind of silly.  .10-.12 is more reasonable.

The DWI focus in law enforcement today is, in my opinion misguided.
View Quote

you don't quite understand outcomes do you
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Don't expect sympathy here.

GD knows that everyone that drinks alcohol is committing attempted manslaughter and being within 3 city blocks of a packaged cigarette will give everyone in the vicinity cancer.

This is how the propaganda worked. 25 years of negative badgering and you believe it.

This is how we will eventually lose firearms, caffeine, and sugar coated cereal.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:31:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

He actually blew?

Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He actually blew?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He actually blew?

Interesting...........would you please expound on this?

Nevermind, I see it was answered.

But what about they automatically take your license..........what happens after?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
In SD you WILL give blood if arrested for DUI. If not voluntarily, a telephonic warrant WILL be issued riki-tik.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not in NY unless someone is dead. ETA: Saw it a couple of times when the person was still alive but very likely to die, which they did.

Quoted:
Quoted:

"Refusal of the test or tests is a separate crime for which you may be charged"  Straight off the Post Arrest Chemical Test Advisement for my state.

1 year license suspension? I'll take that over a DUI conviction.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote

Some lingering questions about how much he actually drank and body size

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top