Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/7/2012 11:26:06 AM EDT
My brother's best friend, who is also my sister's boy friend as of a year or 2 now, got jumped in Columbus last night.  He was at OSU and 4 Edited...VA-gunnut beat him pretty good.  They were stomping on his face and he had to go to the hospital.  The only thing that got them to stop was he pulled out his pocket knife and got one of them.  They didn't stop but it startled them enough for him to run away and get help.  I haven't talked to my sister yet to make sure he actually 'stabbed' the POS instead of maybe just slashing him.  But the story from my Dad is that he 'stabbed' one of the kids.
When the cop showed up, he told my sister's BF that he could cite him for the knife.  His reply was, "Are you fucking kidding me?  It's the only thing that saved my life."  (I guess they beat him to a pulp and he's lucky it didn't go on longer).

The cop "let him off" and took the knife for DNA evidence.

Hopefully the one who got knifed turns up at the hospital and they find him.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My brother's best friend, who is also my sister's boy friend as of a year or 2 now, got jumped in Columbus last night.  He was at OSU and 4 Edited...VA-gunnut beat him pretty good.  They were stomping on his face and he had to go to the hospital.  The only thing that got them to stop was he pulled out his pocket knife and got one of them.  They didn't stop but it startled them enough for him to run away and get help.  I haven't talked to my sister yet to make sure he actually 'stabbed' the POS instead of maybe just slashing him.  But the story from my Dad is that he 'stabbed' one of the kids.
When the cop showed up, he told my sister's BF that he could cite him for the knife.  His reply was, "Are you fucking kidding me?  It's the only thing that saved my life."  (I guess they beat him to a pulp and he's lucky it didn't go on longer).

No shit.

And good stab/slash whatever it was.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#2]
tag

Hope he recovers well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

That also made me go

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Good stab.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]

He should have known better than to try to protect himself.

That's a union job.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

No shit.

That also made me go

same here

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Beating the shit out of someone is cool, but if you use a man made object to defend yourself WHOAAA look out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Glad it didn't turn out worse for him. Id hate to see what the cop would have done if he had shot one of the terds.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Your thread title is all kind of fucked up and makes folks have the wrong assumption.  I though your brother was gay and his boyfriend stabbed someone unprovoked.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#10]
What exactly started this fight?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow, that sucks. In Wyoming it woul go like this.

4 guys start to beat up on......BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.

Police take a report, gun is seized for evidence, if anyone is alive, after they are released from the ER, they go to jail. Once insvestigation is complete, gun is returned.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:33:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

a certain % of the population are functioning retards.

some wear badges.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Good stab.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:34:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Your thread title is all kind of fucked up and makes folks have the wrong assumption.  I though your brother was gay and his boyfriend stabbed someone unprovoked.  

lol  

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I thought the same. He needs to change BF to BFF.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Too bad distributor_of_pain wasn't there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:41:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought the same. He needs to change BF to BFF.

Or just spell it out?  It's not like he's running out of room.

The only thing I got from the thread title is the OP's brother is a homo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

a certain % of the population are functioning retards.

some wear badges.

the rest make laws.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Darts, pizza, and a neck punch, I'll wager.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Fuck those guys and fuck that cop.  Good self-defense.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:44:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Ohio's knife laws are stupid.  A few cities, like Cleveland, define the blade length of a knife that makes it illegal to carry concealed.  For the rest of the state, it has not been defined by statute, and is basically the judge's opinion.  The law states that it is illegal to carry concealed a "deadly weapon".  There is only a tiny bit of case law on the topic, but there is no clear cut point that a "pocket knife" becomes a "deadly weapon", for most of the state.

Further complicating this stupity, you can't get a CCW license in Ohio.  We have Concealed Handgun Licenses.  So, I can carry my Para-Ordnance .45 and 40 rounds of ammo with my CHL, but if I have a 5" Cold Steel folder in my pocket, I could be charged with a 1st degree misdemeanor.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

LOL I meant to put my sister's BF
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:46:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Hopefully it requires medical treatment.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Darts, pizza, and a neck punch, I'll wager.

The deadly hat trick.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nothing, they were strangers who jumped him.  His family is from Cbus and he often goes home for the weekends (goes to college elsewhere).  I'm not sure where he was or where he was going, but he was walking by himself and they approached him.

I know it was late so he presented himself but still can't blame someone for being attacked for no reason.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing, they were strangers who jumped him.  His family is from Cbus and he often goes home for the weekends (goes to college elsewhere).  I'm not sure where he was or where he was going, but he was walking by himself and they approached him.

I know it was late so he presented himself but still can't blame someone for being attacked for no reason.

Maybe he made an "anti-wigger" comment or didn't show them respect!  

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ohio's knife laws are stupid.  A few cities, like Cleveland, define the blade length of a knife that makes it illegal to carry concealed.  For the rest of the state, it has not been defined by statute, and is basically the judge's opinion.  The law states that it is illegal to carry concealed a "deadly weapon".  There is only a tiny bit of case law on the topic, but there is no clear cut point that a "pocket knife" becomes a "deadly weapon", for most of the state.

Further complicating this stupity, you can't get a CCW license in Ohio.  We have Concealed Handgun Licenses.  So, I can carry my Para-Ordnance .45 and 40 rounds of ammo with my CHL, but if I have a 5" Cold Steel folder in my pocket, I could be charged with a 1st degree misdemeanor.

That was my question about the whole thing......if I was there with my CCW and had a knife, would it be illegal?  I guess so.  

When I was in Japan from 07-09, they banned all knives over 3" in length and defined them as "swords".
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:52:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

That also made me go

same here

same here as well but expected it.

eta- Did he blade at .45?

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:52:43 AM EDT
[#31]
This is why I carry a knife when I go to class.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#32]
In before the title change...

or not...

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#33]
Since this is ARf.com. I have to ask what knife was used if known?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

same here as well but expected it.

eta- Did he blade at .45?

No blading.  He doesn't have a CCW.  Luckily, there was a nearby house with people at it that were somewhat able to make out what was going on and he was able to run to them for safety.  They subsequently called 911 for him and he was able to make it to the hospital without having to be carried there on a stretcher.

Quoted:
In before the title change...

or not...

I can change it back if you'd like.  Would that help?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Me too.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I just texted him.....

wait just a sec....
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:02:43 PM EDT
[#37]
He should do time for the knife.

Had he not had it, only one person would have been hurt.  Now there are two.

(J/K, obviously.  Filled with herp)
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#38]
In on one?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:04:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wow, that sucks. In Wyoming it woul go like this.

4 guys start to beat up on......BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG.

Police take a report, gun is seized for evidence, if anyone is alive, after they are released from the ER, they go to jail. Once insvestigation is complete, gun is returned.

Mob beatings are grounds for lethal force in most areas, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#41]
in. good stab.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:13:38 PM EDT
[#42]
That's nothing, I once shot a guy in Reno just to watch him die.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just texted him.....

wait just a sec....
ost

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:17:50 PM EDT
[#44]

I'll say.

Must be the virgin appearance for that .gif.

Oh, and I sure hope that was a partially serrated blade with some rust on it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:23:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Thanks, I needed that.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:25:20 PM EDT
[#47]
He hasn't answered but my sister said the pocket knife he used was a gift from her and she bought it at Things Remembered.  My guess is it was cheap and over priced.  But still cuts through white ghetto trash.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:28:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit.

I hope that cops career gets ended sooner rather than later.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#49]
In TN use of a weapon in self defense is an affirmative defense to carrying a deadly weapon concealed. Sorry OH blows.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Campus area?

It's turned to complete shit, low income student housing has attracted low income drug dealing, 40oz drinking, no job, inner city scum.

It's a very dangerous area after dark and your BFF should have known better being from the area. Most students have that "It won't happen to me, I am just an innocent student" syndrome going on, sounds like he was a victim of it.  

The good news is you can now easily talk him into his CCW and add one to the ranks.

Yup.  And he should have known better.  Cincinnati is the same way and my brother was robbed at gun point there, last year.  My brother, sister, and sister's BF/brother's friend all live together and they have that care free college attitude even though they have been attacked by urban yutes numerous times.  It's why my father and I never visit them without our CCW.

I don't think any of the 3 of them will get a CCW until they graduate.  As much as my dad and I want my brother to, we've told him to wait until after college.  They party way too much and have too many random college kids over.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top