BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'll say.

Must be the virgin appearance for that .gif.  I have to admit that I got it from another thread not too long ago, but it was the first time I'd seen it.

Oh, and I sure hope that was a partially serrated blade with some rust on it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic of your sister?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
In TN use of a weapon in self defense is an affirmative defense to carrying a deadly weapon concealed. Sorry OH blows.

I guess it's because it was a knife.  I don't ever carry a pocket knife but I keep a Leatherman in my car.  I do have a ccw and carry but I guess, as the other poster said, guns are GTG with license and pocket knives are concealed deadly weapons.  OH has great gun laws and is far from having CA-esque restrictions but every state has its flaws.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Campus area?

It's turned to complete shit, low income student housing has attracted low income drug dealing, 40oz drinking, no job, inner city scum.

It's a very dangerous area after dark and your BFF should have known better being from the area. Most students have that "It won't happen to me, I am just an innocent student" syndrome going on, sounds like he was a victim of it.

The good news is you can now easily talk him into his CCW and add one to the ranks.

Back in the early nineties, I went to OSU and was a bouncer at several of the bars near campus (now, completely demolished).  That was in the days before Ohio's Concealed Handgun License.  When I carried concealed, to and from work, I was counting on the "prudent man" affirmative defense.  Luckily, I never had to use it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope your buddy turns out alright. Hopefully the cockgobbler that he stabbed shows up to the same hospital. Any idea how large the blade was? I mean, knives can do a lot of damage even with a smaller blade.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In TN use of a weapon in self defense is an affirmative defense to carrying a deadly weapon concealed. Sorry OH blows.

The cop had no idea what he was talking about. He was 100% legal in carrying the knife (under 3") and using it to defend himself, hence no arrest. The cop decided to throw in his two cents about self defense and is obviously an outspoken dick sucker.

Ohio's self defense laws are pretty kick ass.

Not quite.  Ohio state law does not define the length at which a knife is a deadly weapon or not.  Since he used it for lawful self defense, he would have an affirmative defense against the charges, but he could still be charged.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.12

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:47:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hope your buddy turns out alright. Hopefully the cockgobbler that he stabbed shows up to the same hospital. Any idea how large the blade was? I mean, knives can do a lot of damage even with a smaller blade.

He says 3"

I just went on Things Remembered website and it appears that's pretty much the standard of what they sell.  Or smaller like swiss army knives
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
For those in the are, what was his location?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not sure.  Campus area.  Sad how military bases and college campuses have turned into urban ghetto hot spots.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Campus area?

It's turned to complete shit, low income student housing has attracted low income drug dealing, 40oz drinking, no job, inner city scum.

It's a very dangerous area after dark and your BFF should have known better being from the area. Most students have that "It won't happen to me, I am just an innocent student" syndrome going on, sounds like he was a victim of it.

The good news is you can now easily talk him into his CCW and add one to the ranks.

It was the same way 20 years ago...
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Glad he is ok.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pic of your sister?

loled.

Early Christmas present? Glocknade
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:12:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Just talked to my sister......

She sent me a picture of his face but I'd rather not post it.  It's completely bruised and eyes are swollen shut.  They broke his nose and he may have to get surgery but they have to wait for the swelling to go down before they decide (not sure why).

She said that the knife was cheap, not sharp, and the blade was really dirty.  Says that he got the kid good and deep, and if he doesn't show up to the hospital for the wound, he'll be there for an infection eventually.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just talked to my sister......

She sent me a picture of his face but I'd rather not post it.  It's completely bruised and eyes are swollen shut.  They broke his nose and he may have to get surgery but they have to wait for the swelling to go down before they decide (not sure why).

She said that the knife was cheap, not sharp, and the blade was really dirty.  Says that he got the kid good and deep, and if he doesn't show up to the hospital for the wound, he'll be there for an infection eventually.

Where did he stick the guy? Abdomen? Chest?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pic of your sister?

jperry69 with a page 2 save!
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a good stab/slash, but I gotta ask, isnt it man code that your best friend's sister is off limits?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure.  Campus area.  Sad how military bases and college campuses have turned into urban ghetto hot spots.

I've spent  time there. Never felt threatened but 17 rounds of 9mm helps.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully the stabbed idiot will die a horrible death of a MRSA infection.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:21:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Tagged for more info.

Hope the GG heals fast, and the BG's die painfully.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#21]
how big was the knife?

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck those guys and fuck that cop.  Good self-defense.  

Amen, if someone attacks you and you haven't done shit wrong... Knives, bottles, napkin holders, fire, it's all fair and smart at that point.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's a good stab/slash, but I gotta ask, isnt it man code that your best friend's sister is off limits?

LOL......my brother was not happy at first and I could not believe how cool about it he actually was.  My parents weren't overly thrilled, either.  Now, years later, the kid is a part of the family and the 3 of them are peas in a pod.  My brother is dating some chick who is their 4th roommate and the 4 of them go everywhere together.

He really is a good kid and is a far more conservative, reserved person than she is.  He's very mellow, is in ROTC, and is a straight A student in honors classes.  Despite the prior relationship between he and my brother, I don't think we could pick a better person for her to date.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL......my brother was not happy at first and I could not believe how cool about it he actually was.  My parents weren't overly thrilled, either.  Now, years later, the kid is a part of the family and the 3 of them are peas in a pod.  My brother is dating some chick who is their 4th roommate and the 4 of them go everywhere together.

He really is a good kid and is a far more conservative, reserved person than she is.  He's very mellow, is in ROTC, and is a straight A student in honors classes.  Despite the prior relationship between he and my brother, I don't think we could pick a better person for her to date.

My sister married one of my buddies from my college gun club.  I couldn't have been happier with her selection. Best brother in law ever!

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Oddly, California is the same way.

No charge for illegal CCW if you are involved in a good shoot.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Too bad distributor_of_pain wasn't there.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should have seen "5 points" in Columbia SC last night.

There have been numerous beatings and 1 shooting down there recently.  It's pretty sketchy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it's because it was a knife.  I don't ever carry a pocket knife but I keep a Leatherman in my car.  I do have a ccw and carry but I guess, as the other poster said, guns are GTG with license and pocket knives are concealed deadly weapons.  OH has great gun laws and is far from having CA-esque restrictions but every state has its flaws.

Not exactly.  First, it has to be capable of causing death or serious injury.  Second, it has to be carried as a weapon or specifically designed or adapted for use as a weapon.  So, while practically all knives are capable of meeting that definition, any time I carry a concealed knife on my person, it's for a non-weapon purpose.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not exactly.  First, it has to be capable of causing death or serious injury.  Second, it has to be carried as a weapon or specifically designed or adapted for use as a weapon.  So, while practically all knives are capable of meeting that definition, any time I carry a concealed knife on my person, it's for a non-weapon purpose.  

LOL, I carry a knife everywhere, but I never intend to stab anybody with it.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My brother's best friend, who is also my sister's boy friend as of a year or 2 now, got jumped in Columbus last night.  He was at OSU and 4 Edited...VA-gunnut beat him pretty good.  They were stomping on his face and he had to go to the hospital.  The only thing that got them to stop was he pulled out his pocket knife and got one of them.  They didn't stop but it startled them enough for him to run away and get help.  I haven't talked to my sister yet to make sure he actually 'stabbed' the POS instead of maybe just slashing him.  But the story from my Dad is that he 'stabbed' one of the kids.

When the cop showed up, he told my sister's BF that he could cite him for the knife.  His reply was, "Are you fucking kidding me?  It's the only thing that saved my life."  (I guess they beat him to a pulp and he's lucky it didn't go on longer).

The cop "let him off" and took the knife for DNA evidence.

Hopefully the one who got knifed turns up at the hospital and they find him.

No shit.

And good stab/slash whatever it was.

That also made me go  

Next call, after he calls a lawyer, should be to the sheriff and then the local media.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hopefully it requires medical treatment.

I was hoping it didn't
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell, here the cops would ask where your gun was. (in most places)

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Campus area?

Yup.  And he should have known better.  Cincinnati is the same way and my brother was robbed at gun point there, last year.  My brother, sister, and sister's BF/brother's friend all live together and they have that care free college attitude even though they have been attacked by urban yutes numerous times.  It's why my father and I never visit them without our CCW.

I don't think any of the 3 of them will get a CCW until they graduate.  As much as my dad and I want my brother to, we've told him to wait until after college.  They party way too much and have too many random college kids over.

Let me see...CCW to make sure some crew doesn't kill me, or continue with the risky behavior noted above?  Seems like an easy choice for me.  Guess not so much for 20-somethings though...

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I carry a knife everywhere, but I never intend to stab anybody with it.  

pencil sharpener
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

...VA-gunnut beat him pretty good...

Seriously? I know some of the moderators like to take a hard line but that's a little over the top

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:14:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Two pages and no one's asked for pics of sister yet?  

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Good stab.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:24:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Two pages and no one's asked for pics of sister yet?    

Sure they did.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Campus area?

Yup.  And he should have known better.  Cincinnati is the same way and my brother was robbed at gun point there, last year.  My brother, sister, and sister's BF/brother's friend all live together and they have that care free college attitude even though they have been attacked by urban yutes numerous times.  It's why my father and I never visit them without our CCW.

I don't think any of the 3 of them will get a CCW until they graduate.  As much as my dad and I want my brother to, we've told him to wait until after college.  They party way too much and have too many random college kids over.

Let me see...CCW to make sure some crew doesn't kill me, or continue with the risky behavior noted above?  Seems like an easy choice for me.  Guess not so much for 20-somethings though...

Yup.  Unfortunately, they continue on like it's not going to happen again.  I had passed that phase by their age but I also was in the mil and not college.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Beating the shit out of someone is cool, but if you use a man made object to defend yourself WHOAAA look out.

One on One yes, cool; 4 on 1 is BULLSHIT

whoever got the blade got what is coming to him

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:31:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My brother's best friend, who is also my sister's boy friend as of a year or 2 now, got jumped in Columbus last night.  He was at OSU and 4 Edited...VA-gunnut beat him pretty good.  They were stomping on his face and he had to go to the hospital.  The only thing that got them to stop was he pulled out his pocket knife and got one of them.  They didn't stop but it startled them enough for him to run away and get help.  I haven't talked to my sister yet to make sure he actually 'stabbed' the POS instead of maybe just slashing him.  But the story from my Dad is that he 'stabbed' one of the kids.

When the cop showed up, he told my sister's BF that he could cite him for the knife.  His reply was, "Are you fucking kidding me?  It's the only thing that saved my life."  (I guess they beat him to a pulp and he's lucky it didn't go on longer).

See OHIO thread here in GD for why the OP future BIL was hassled by popo.  Columbus is herp Derp territory.  OSU police is one of the largest campus police forces in the country and they take their job very seriously.  

Good on him for stabbing the SOB.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Quoted:
...VA-gunnut beat him pretty good...

Seriously? I know some of the moderators like to take a hard line but that's a little over the top

Nah, VA is way fair.....one of the most reasonable mods on here.  I've never seen him go over the top.

I shouldn't have posted that word.  It's a racial word, adjusted for a different group of people.  Hell, he let the "F'ing" slide.  I could have called them numerous other derogatory names that I'm sure he would have allowed.  I used the racial term that I did because that's what they were described to me as.  But POS's would have sufficed.

ETA:  Thanks VA for not giving me a warning.  I didn't notice the edit until now.  Appreciate the generosity
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#44]
what is 4 edited va gunnut

Was that 4 choir boys
                 church boys
                 football players

what  the fuck were they girl scouts

boy scouts

college students

what the fuck were they

I know what they were  kids going to get tea and skittles could of been obammys and the wookies sons

good stab/slash
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Good stabbing.  Dirty Harry would approve.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's nothing, I once shot a guy in Reno just to watch him die.

I know a guy named Brick that killed a dude in a gang fight.  He stabbed him in the heart with a trident.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

A very similar situation happened to my brother who attends OSU, although it sounds like he didn't get beat up as badly as your sister's boyfriend, and he didn't get any of them.  They were also four cowardly assholes who would have looked similar to what BHO's sons would have.  I'm glad he got one of the fuckers and hope it was one that hurt my brother.  Glad he's going to be alright.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Too bad distributor_of_pain wasn't there.

CUE: Theme song from Shaft.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully it requires medical treatment.

I was hoping it didn't

Gang attack. The courts will hurt ALL of them if a nurse makes a call.

Maybe he should wait a few days and let the wound ripen first though...
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's nothing, I once shot a guy in Reno just to watch him die.

I know a guy named Brick that killed a dude in a gang fight.  He stabbed him in the heart with a trident.

I once killed a man with his own thumb.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top