Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2004 3:56:19 PM EDT

((((Please be respectful))))

My cat has been sick the last few weeks. I’m on a business trip right now so I had her at my parent’s house. My mom took her to the vet and she was in full renal failure and had huge kidney stones. There wasn’t anything that could be done, I make a good living, and money isn’t an issue. The doctor said we could keep her alive but never cure her. So we opted to have her put to sleep so she could retain some of her dignity. I will miss her very much.

I can’t say enough how great she was, she loved me, kept me going when I was down and always slept on the end of my bed. Whenever I would clean any of my weapons she would demand to inspect that it was properly maintained. She was the best cat I ever had.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#1]

I'm sorry for your loss.  I know how you feel about a cat being a best friend.  

Take care.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for you loss.  I just lost my cat "Diamond" a little over a year ago from kidney failure as well.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about your loss.................RIP
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:02:07 PM EDT
[#4]
How old was she?

My condolences.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, sad. I can imagine how you feel - I love my cat and I can't imagine losing him, though I know he's getting old.

Best wishes
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry about the loss of your family member.

I lost my favorite dog this summer, and I'm still not used to not having him around.

I'm sure your cat would appreciate you not letting her suffer anymore.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:04:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Got three buried in the backyard that died of the same thing.  I'm sorry for your loss, but it DOES get better.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I am so sorry man. My little girl is very precious to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry about your loss, I know how it feels my much loved cat died of kidney failure also at 6 years old.. we still miss him. :(
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry man.   A few years ago, my family lost 2 in a week.  Last year my dad and his wife lost one.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I love my cats very much, we don't have kids yet so for now they take the place, I would be crushed if we lost one.

I feel very sorry for you. Our oldest is named Leon after the movie The Professional.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Truly sorry for your loss,
Does your parents use a Swifter?
My dog used to get ill when Id use it to clean my kitchen,
and i dated a girl whose dog died of renal failure, she used the swifter,
and I got a forwarded email a few months back about the Swifter
being deadly around animals.

again, very sorry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, my heart goes out to you!  I have a little one and I don't know what I would do without her.  She sleeps at the end of my bed too.  Just know that now she is in a safe place and no longer in pain.  Morn for her and when it is time, go and rescue two kittens that are with the SPCA or at the pound.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I hate to think about the possibility of losing my doggy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry for your loss. My cat Annabelle died a year ago, I know exactly how you feel.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Very sorry to hear that
I just love cats, if mine died I'd be really sad too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to hear about your loss.
My best friend passed on from the same thing about 14 years ago. He was siamese and cornish rex mix.
We use to go for rides on my 650 Yamaha. He rode in my shirt with his head sticking out. He loved to ride.

My thoughts are with you and your friend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry to hear it mate----lost my kitty Ganas from the same thing around Mardi Gras '00---never thought I'd feel that way about a cat, but after living with her for 14 years, I was standing on the parade route fighting back tears I'd never have thought possible.

My condolences man.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#19]

When you get feeling better, go to the shelter and find a new friend. It will help you and a cat that needs love and a home.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Hard to see a pal leave your side.  

They must have a cat version of this

Get another one soon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#21]
We had a cat thatwas an old farm cat well, one day he came home and it looked as though he losta fight with a chipping machine. All of the hair was gone from his tail( down to raw meat) he had verious gashes and cuts and a broken rear leg! We took him to the vet and they worked on him for 3 hours . They were able to patch him up and we thought he was on the mend but he died 2 weeks later . It was a sad time. We went to the animal shelter and was able to pick out another cat and he has been with us for 8 years. We will sorly miss him when he is gone. My condolences buddy. Just remember that you gave him the best life you could and he lived a good life. Hope this helps. Take care.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Truly sorry for your loss,
Does your parents use a Swifter?
My dog used to get ill when Id use it to clean my kitchen,
and i dated a girl whose dog died of renal failure, she used the swifter,
and I got a forwarded email a few months back about the Swifter
being deadly around animals.

again, very sorry.

Internet rumor only.  ASPCA vets have stated the product is no more harmful than any other household cleaning product.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

When you get feeling better, go to the shelter and find a new friend. It will help you and a cat that needs love and a home.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry for your loss.  Isn't it strange how attached we can become to our animals?  They are after all just animals...but their goofy idiosyncrasies have a way of bonding us to them

I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive, but I highly recommend you go visit your shelter of choice and go pick up another kitten.  Or two...having two cats makes for better animals as they keep each other company when you are not around.  Having a couple of new furry little bastards running around will in all likelihood ease your sense of loss.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I am so sorry.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry about your cat

Unlike some here , I like cats ( No Joke )
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Sorry to hear about your cat. I had 2 cats that were 12 years old when they died. Both were rescued from the hunting camp. My  very large male cat that went at 22 lbs and I am talking about a very large cat not fat(even the vet was amazed at how big his head was), was put to sleep after a german shepard and rotriller tore him up in my front yard. He fought them till the end. Then a year later my female died from cancer. This was about 4 years ago. Now I have 2 indoor cats , the male a part minx mix with no tale that looks and runs like a rabbit and a long hair female. My wife was not a cat person before but now I know she would get rid of me before the cats. Wait a while and rescue a cat. You would know when it is right.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Cats ROCK!  If they like you they REALLY like you.

Sorry about your loss.    Go to the pound and adopt another one ASAP.

Adult cats are easy.  I recently took on two indoor-only ones from a friend who moved out of the country.  They're about 10 and 12 years old.  I showed them the food, the water, the litterbox, introduced them to my other cat and two weeks later they all get along fine.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:11:11 PM EDT
[#30]
If my wife wasn't allergic to them I'd get one tomorrow.  I'm very sorry for your loss.  Been there several times and you will feel better.  Are you planning on getting a kitten?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Words alone cannot convey my feelings.

You are in my prayers tonight.

Your cat will be in good company. There are alot of really good ARFCOMER pets in heaven.

I bet they didn't have to wait for the ban to sunset up there.

I trust god will give your cat thumbs so it can shoot its own AR in heaven.

Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#32]
You know how I feel.

The SEC and I are taking it one day at a time.

I'm gonna miss the little bastard like you'll miss your lttle guy.

OTOH, when my little guy goes, I'll have the good times to look back on.

God, he's been funny!

Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Sorry to hear that man....My condolences..

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I am sorry to hear that... I just lost Tara a few months back and I miss that little furball... she was 16 and we lost her brother last year... Zerox.

It sucks....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry to hear about your little Bud' PAPER

I've had some great cats in the past and losing one is a hit.

My last old guy was a stray I adopted (Gnarly, mean old alley cat) that took me about a month to coax into the house before he was sure I wasn't gonna kill and eat him.

He turned into a great pet and I had him for years before I had to have him put down.  I took him into the vets and held and stroked him myself while he went to sleep for the last time and teared-up like a little girl saying goodbye to him.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#36]
i am very sorry for you. in may i lost my dear friend of 23 years. i can't say it gets better atleast for me. i had her cremated and she rests in a box on the nightstand next to my bed. i still hear her calling me every night.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#37]
stones they could have done something,,,,,but how much$ and for a fffnnn cat hell no! I have a dog and a cat my dog protects the home,,a large fast dog,,,earns its living I love them both but when it comes to big bucks to save either cha-chung.......my father in law spent 2 thousand bucks on his older dogs hips,,then a couple of months later and a mere 400 hundred dollars of fees he had to put her to the long doze....I told him(a very cheap m-fker in  all other regards) that 35 dollars and a ball peen hammer I could have done the same thing.......
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

If I understand your disjointed rambling correctly - please take your inappropriate shit elsewhere

Have some respect.

Sorry about the cat, paper.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
stones they could have done something,,,,,but how much$ and for a fffnnn cat hell no! I have a dog and a cat my dog protects the home,,a large fast dog,,,earns its living I love them both but when it comes to big bucks to save either cha-chung.......my father in law spent 2 thousand bucks on his older dogs hips,,then a couple of months later and a mere 400 hundred dollars of fees he had to put her to the long doze....I told him(a very cheap m-fker in  all other regards) that 35 dollars and a ball peen hammer I could have done the same thing.......

You're a fucking moron
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:28:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Sorry to hear man.

We've lost several recently, it sucks. :\
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:35:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

WTF????... Show respect!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

loser  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#45]
My fine friend Dexter passed from renal failure last year. I rescued him from death row in 1994, was real street tuff and mean, but soon was a sweet old gentle cat. I am glad to have given him 9 more years of life. His first 4 I think were rough. Rescue one slated for extermination. The least likely one to be adopted. I like to think they move on so another one can be saved. May GOD comfort you.    
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I'm a rude prick

Way to start your membership at the site
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm a rude prick

Way to start your membership at the site

Yeah no shit. Wanna be rude to other members... do it somewhere else. Not here... especially when one of the members is grieving.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Sounds like a ball peen hammer is the best cure for you......

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#49]
I am so sorry about your cat ....We have lost a few wonderful friends also over the years and its tough, especially when they are old in cat years.    Best advice--wait a little while (after the "I will never have another cat" phase passes), and then, get a kitten that looks just like her.  Trust me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
When I had a headache I could just lay next to him and his breathing would make it go away. When I was sick he'd always come find me and lay next to me. And when my day was driving me nuts he would always come lay down next to me and put his head on my lap and make my problems go away.

And they say that animals don't have souls...

Sorry for your losses, all of ya. I have this weird love/hate relationship with my cat, but when it goes, I dunno wtf I'll do.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top