Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/16/2002 3:54:27 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:11:04 PM EST
Yes... it was kind of odd... a .22 (I assume .22LR) hunting rifle... this would require some good shooting to be effective. Although the assassin in Day of the Jackal made the same choice... I guess for concealment. Of course, he had those special bullets....
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:14:20 PM EST
I always thought French gun control meant dropping them carefully.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:24:54 PM EST
Cheese-eating surrender monkeys! [:D] Eric The(Visigothic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:27:32 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:43:43 PM EST
Post from DoubleFeed -
LOL, would you explain both of these terms?
View Quote
Well, what would you call a nation with 200 different cheeses and only one type of toilet tissue, but 'cheese-eating'? And the term 'surrender monkeys' comes from the Gallic proclivity to surrender at the least sign of military might! I have heard it said that saying the German word [b][i]'gesundheit'[/i][/b] is the fastest way to clear out some tables at a restaurant in Paris. Actually [u]any[/u] German word, spoken loudly enough, will do the trick! [:D] Eric The(Anti-Gallic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 4:57:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By EricTheHun: Post from DoubleFeed -
LOL, would you explain both of these terms?
View Quote
Well, what would you call a nation with 200 different cheeses and only one type of toilet tissue, but 'cheese-eating'? And the term 'surrender monkeys' comes from the Gallic proclivity to surrender at the least sign of military might! Eric The(Anti-Gallic)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
"Cheese-eating surrender monkeys" Is a line from the Simpsons, uttered by Groundskeeper Willy in a Scottish accent. Eric explained what Willy meant by that.
Top Top