Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2002 4:54:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes... it was kind of odd... a .22 (I assume .22LR) hunting rifle... this would require some good shooting to be effective.

Although the assassin in Day of the Jackal made the same choice... I guess for concealment. Of course, he had those special bullets....
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I always thought French gun control meant dropping them carefully.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheese-eating surrender monkeys! [:D]

Eric The(Visigothic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:27:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Post from DoubleFeed -
LOL, would you explain both of these terms?
View Quote

Well, what would you call a nation with 200 different cheeses and only one type of toilet tissue, but 'cheese-eating'?

And the term 'surrender monkeys' comes from the Gallic proclivity to surrender at the least sign of military might!

I have heard it said that saying the German word [b][i]'gesundheit'[/i][/b] is the fastest way to clear out some tables at a restaurant in Paris.

Actually [u]any[/u] German word, spoken loudly enough, will do the trick! [:D]

Eric The(Anti-Gallic)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Post from DoubleFeed -
LOL, would you explain both of these terms?
View Quote

Well, what would you call a nation with 200 different cheeses and only one type of toilet tissue, but 'cheese-eating'?

And the term 'surrender monkeys' comes from the Gallic proclivity to surrender at the least sign of military might!
Eric The(Anti-Gallic)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

"Cheese-eating surrender monkeys"
Is a line from the Simpsons, uttered by Groundskeeper Willy in a Scottish accent.  Eric explained what Willy meant by that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top