Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/8/2004 9:35:45 AM EDT
More Bad News May Be On the Way for Bush...

May 8, 1:22 PM (ET)

By TERENCE HUNT

WASHINGTON (AP) - In one of the darkest weeks of his administration, President Bush saw America's reputation sullied, the U.S. effort in Iraq damaged and his own campaign for re-election clouded. And more bad news may be on the way.

While the world already has been horrified by pictures of American soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, the Pentagon warns there are many more photos and videos that have not been disclosed.

They show "acts that can only be described as blatantly sadistic, cruel and inhuman," embattled Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told Congress.

From the White House to Capitol Hill, policy-makers are worried that the United States faces lasting damage abroad - particularly in the Middle East - from the pictures of naked Arab men being tortured and humiliated by American soldiers, the same forces sent to Iraq to liberate the country from Saddam Hussein's torture and repression.

Analysts describe the pictures as great recruiting tools for al-Qaida and other extremist groups and said they undermine America's claims to a moral high ground. Rumsfeld said the impact was "radioactive."
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I still can't seem to understand what the hell is going on.  Nobody in the rest of the world, and certainly no media outlet seems very upset that American citizens and soldiers are being killed and their corpses mutilated and paraded through the streets of Fallujah.  No one seems to give a rat's ass that Saddam Hussein tortured his own Arab people in those very prisons for decades.  No one seems to mention the billions of dollars in aid we send around the world on a yearly basis.  Yet a few sadistic idiots with a little too much booze and free time are a battle cry for all the America haters.  When will all this crap end and people realize that we are the most compassionate, caring, giving and forgiving country in the history of the world?  Probably not until we are no longer here and have crumbled like the Greeks or Romans before us.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Oh, Woe is Me!

That's horrible!

It's disgusting!

Obscene!

Anything more that the John F***ing Kerry contingent needs to say?

Eric The(WannaBetOnThe2004Elections,BrightBoy?)Hun

Ditto ! Ditto ! Ditto !

You better check back with Rush, dimbulb !
Ditto ! Ditto ! Ditto !
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I still can't seem to understand what the hell is going on.  Nobody in the rest of the world, and certainly no media outlet seems very upset that American citizens and soldiers are being killed and their corpses mutilated and paraded through the streets of Fallujah.  No one seems to give a rat's ass that Saddam Hussein tortured his own Arab people in those very prisons for decades.  No one seems to mention the billions of dollars in aid we send around the world on a yearly basis.  Yet a few sadistic idiots with a little too much booze and free time are a battle cry for all the America haters.  When will all this crap end and people realize that we are the most compassionate, caring, giving and forgiving country in the history of the world?  Probably not until we are no longer here and have crumbled like the Greeks or Romans before us.  

It's pretty much the way of the world. It's a "What have you done for me lately?" thing.
There is nothing that will please the rest of the world but our getting out of Iraq. Unfortunately, this prison nonsense may well get us out before we should go.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:03:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh, Woe is Me!

That's horrible!

It's disgusting!

Obscene!

Anything more that the John F***ing Kerry contingent needs to say?

Eric The(WannaBetOnThe2004Elections,BrightBoy?)Hun

Ditto ! Ditto ! Ditto !

You better check back with Rush, dimbulb !
Ditto ! Ditto ! Ditto !

I don't know.
To think of all that free advice that I've given you, and examples, even, and yet you continue with these truly pathetic replies.
You may be, God Have Mercy, just a lost cause.
Maybe watching reruns of 'The Three Stooges' for a couple of weeks might give you some ideas.
It's called Wit 101, and it's where the slow learners are always welcome!
Eric The(Sassier'nHades)Hun

Ditto, Eric The(Dumber than a Doorknob)Hun ! Ditto !
Now go off and worship at Rush's feet as he pukes up his vast cesspool of knowledge while in a drug induced haze !

Nothing slow about me, Eric. I learned what you were and how you are, about two weeks after I joined ARFCOM. I stopped being fooled by you a long time ago.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Now go off and worship at Rush's feet as he pukes up his vast cesspool of knowledge while in a drug induced haze !

Nothing slow about me, Eric. I learned what you were and how you are, about two weeks after I joined ARFCOM. I stopped being fooled by you a long time ago.

Thanks again for proving that liberals, especially union liberals, are the most angry and rude people around.

Hey, maybe in 40 years, some of these people involved in this abuse can run for president as a democrat. They can cite john kerry as their inspiration of someone who committed 'war crimes' and still rose above it to become a respected liberal politician.

Of course, they won't have quite the same level of war crimes as john "civillian shooter" kerry, but hey, it's a start.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#8]
BFD. Court Martial who is responsible and move the fuck on.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:20:49 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks again for proving that liberals, especially union liberals, are the most angry and rude people around.
Hey, maybe in 40 years, some of these people involved in this abuse can run for president as a democrat. They can cite john kerry as their inspiration of someone who committed 'war crimes' and still rose above it to become a respected liberal politician.
Of course, they won't have quite the same level of war crimes as john "civillian shooter" kerry, but hey, it's a start.

Oh, gee, that hurt ! Do you And Miss Manners have a thing or are you just the ARFCOM  Manners Monitor ?
By the way, I'm not angry about anything as I have enough sense to realize that this is just the 'net and most of the posters here are just hypocritical keyboard commandos. What's to be angry about ?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#12]

What could we do that could be worse than this?

How much outrage did the UN, Amnesty International and the Arab world show about THAT????

For how many days did Hanoi-John, KKK-Byrd, Kennedy, Pelosi, the rest of the Democrats and all their leftist shills at CNN/NBC/CBS/ABC/USAToday/NYTimes/GoodMorningAmerica wail and lament and shed crocodile-tears about the way our fellow-AMERICANS were treated at the hands of these very same Iraqi "insurgents" that the whole world is now weeping and moaning for????

Fuck 'em.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:24:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Soda - Check
Popcorn - Check

Into the Pit - Check

Jay
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#14]
You're the angry one, billy. And there you go again, throwing out your angry liberal insults.

Don't worry, though, billy boy. I learned long ago that you're the angry, logic-avoiding liberal union member that is only here for the rest of us to laugh at for your ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Eric is right. No matter what the press and liberals throw at president bush, kerry can get barely better than even in the polls. At this point in time, kerry should be well ahead. The barrage against kerry has barely started.

The real fun will come election night. I will have all my vcr's set to the networks and CNN to capture the look of sadness on the liberal faces as they see kerry go down to an electoral college bitch slapping not seen since reagan / mondale.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What could we do that could be worse than this?

members.cox.net/themacallan/Fallujah1.jpg members.cox.net/themacallan/Fallujah2.jpg

How much outrage did the UN, Amnesty International and the Arab world show about THAT????

For how many days did Hanoi-John, KKK-Byrd, Kennedy, Pelosi, the rest of the Democrats and all their leftist shills at CNN/NBC/CBS/ABC/USAToday/NYTimes/GoodMorningAmerica wail and lament and shed crocodile-tears about the way our fellow-AMERICANS were treated at the hands of these very same Iraqi "insurgents" that the whole world is now weeping and moaning for????

Fuck 'em.

Amen. Amen. Amen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Keep dreamin' Bill...it ain't going to stick, regardless of how biased and inflammatory the media, the press or you become.  You and the rest of your liberal Bush hater amigos can keep wishin' and a-hopin' but you are still going to be crying in your beers the day after the election.

This is not the responsibility of the president, nor SECDEF, regardless of what you and your liberal pals in the media and in the congress might say.  Those found to have committed offenses as codified in the UCMJ will be charged and tried in courts martial or they will receive non-judcial punishment under Art. 15 of the UCMJ.  Those found guilty will be penalized.  Those found innocent will be exhonerated.  That's the end of it.

Kerry isn't the answer for this country, nor is any other [libera] Democrat at this time.  As in 1864, the electorate will recognize that fact and vote accordingly.

And I for one will remember this thread...you...and your pals over at the DU as I sip my victory toast that night...when the lights go out again for the haters of America for another painful four years.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I cannot believe, not for one fucking minute, that we have people here who are siding with the leftists and communists in our gov't over this issue. Whatever we have done cannot possibly come close to the level that has been done to our people.

Not even close.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#19]
"There are all kinds of atrocities and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free-fire zones.  I conducted harassment and interdiction fire.  I used 50-caliber machine guns which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people.  I took part in search-and-destroy missions, in the burning of villages.  All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare. All of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions..."
~ Hanoi-John Kerry,
April 18, 1971.

So when is Hanoi-John going to be court-martialed for war crimes he is confessing to having committed - KNOWING what he did were "atrocities" and KNOWING they were against the Geneva Convention?

How is what the prison guards did any different than what Hanoi-John admits to doing? If anything what they are now being court-martialed for is FAR less than the massacres Hanoi-John committed!

"and all of this ordered as a matter of written established policy by the government of the United States from the top down.  And I believe that the men who designed these, the men who designed the free-fire zone, the men who ordered us, the men who signed off the air raid strike areas, I think these men, by the letter of the law, the same letter of the law that tried Lieutenant Calley, are war criminals."
~ Hanoi-John Kerry,
trying to use the "Nuremberg Defense" saying that he was just "following orders" when he KNOWINGLY committed HIS war crimes.

Hypocrisy. Pure leftist hypocrisy.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You're the angry one, billy. And there you go again, throwing out your angry liberal insults.

Don't worry, though, billy boy. I learned long ago that you're the angry, logic-avoiding liberal union member that is only here for the rest of us to laugh at for your ignorance.

That might be true if you ever produced any logic to avoid. As for the "Billy'  comment, it's a waste  as an insult as I am often called that by friends and family even though I am 56.  Also, I haven't been a "boy' since May 1966 when I went into the USMC so that won't do you any good either.
With people like you to provide the free humor here, why would I be angry ? I accept you for what you are which is hilarious about 99% of the time. The other 1% you are just pathetic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That might be true if you ever produced any logic to avoid. As for the "Billy'  comment, it's a waste  as an insult as I am often called that by friends and family even though I am 56.  Also, I haven't been a "boy' since May 1966 when I went into the USMC so that won't do you any good either.
With people like you to provide the free humor here, why would I be angry ? I accept you for what you are which is hilarious about 99% of the time. The other 1% you are just pathetic.

Please, sideshow bill, you're just projecting now.

BTW, just why are you here? You like guns and you like supporting the people who would take them away even more? Maybe union members will be exempt from the liberal gun roundup so they can  still intimidate 'scabs' who cross picket lines.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:47:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't care for unions one bit, but Bill hasn't done anything extremely out of line here (that I've seen anyway). What's this flap about again? Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I really don’t get all the who cares what we did to them attitudes.

According to the International Red Cross and the current investigation we have been torturing raping and murdering prisoners long before any Americans bodies were being dragged through the streets. The International Red Cross said in their confidential reports that abuse of prisoners was prevalent and constituted the norm and was not confined to extreme cases.

The International Red Cross has been sending reports of these abuses in Iraq to Rumsfeld’s and Bush’s desks since June of 2003 and nothing was done about it until word started getting out on Jan 14th 2004 that a story was brewing. Them Dems may be able to make some hay on this point.

I watched the hearings and the pictures we have seen are not the most disturbing. They are the least inflammatory photos of the bunch and we could be seeing more of the same or much worse very soon.  

Cant you guys get it through your thick heads that because of this its likely that every captured American will receive worse treatment and that there will be far greater numbers people willing to commit terrorist acts against us?

Every Arab is looking at our soldiers to determine what Americans are really like and right now we appear to be the Great Satan that they have always been told we are.  

All of the abuses were done before any American or coalition or contractors bodies were dragged through the streets. According to reports this kind of abuse perpetrated by Americans started in Afghanistan.

These men and women disgraced us all. They disgraced the uniform they wear and the nation they represent and her people and the memories of those who died on 911. If it were up to me the perpetrators would be tried in Iraq and if found guilty they would be marched to a public place and executed by firing squad for the world to see.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#24]
THISISME, so we prosecute those involved. BFD.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#26]
THISISME, with the crystal ball of clarity, tried and convict US Military personnel while living and residing in AZ. Good going.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Wobblin-Goblin, Before all of this got going Bush demanded that US soldiers be exempt from war crimes for any actions taken within the first two years from the date of initial conflict. Therefore the prosecutions will be under the Uniform Code of Military Justus. There may be a few dishonorable discharges come out of this or perhaps a year or two at Leavenworth.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Keep dreamin' Bill...it ain't going to stick, regardless of how biased and inflammatory the media, the press or you become.  You and the rest of your liberal Bush hater amigos can keep wishin' and a-hopin' but you are still going to be crying in your beers the day after the election.

This is not the responsibility of the president, nor SECDEF, regardless of what you and your liberal pals in the media and in the congress might say.  Those found to have committed offenses as codified in the UCMJ will be charged and tried in courts martial or they will receive non-judcial punishment under Art. 15 of the UCMJ.  Those found guilty will be penalized.  Those found innocent will be exhonerated.  That's the end of it.

Kerry isn't the answer for this country, nor is any other [libera] Democrat at this time.  As in 1864, the electorate will recognize that fact and vote accordingly.

And I for one will remember this thread...you...and your pals over at the DU as I sip my victory toast that night...when the lights go out again for the haters of America for another painful four years.

Well, you are confused ! I made no comment here or anywhere about anything "sticking" to anyone.
This is the ONLY comment I made concerning my initial post:

It's pretty much the way of the world. It's a "What have you done for me lately?" thing.There is nothing that will please the rest of the world but our getting out of Iraq. Unfortunately, this prison nonsense may well get us out before we should go.
Do you have some comment on what I DID say or would you rather make up something?
I haven't here or anywhere said I support John Kerry or anyone for that matter. I have never said here or anywhere else that I hate George Bush. I don't support him to be President but I don't hate him. I am not a member at DU and have only visited the site once or twice to read what other members here have posted when they troll it. As far as I know, none of my friends post there. I don't drink beer so I won't be crying in any now or the day after the election whether Bush wins or not.  I have the ability to accept the election process in this country without losing my self respect and self control. As a law abiding citizen and a USMC Viet Vet and former member of the Indiana National Guard, I have served my country and have NEVER said here or anywhere else that I hate it. That comment is a pathetic lie, plain and simple.
It is obvious (at least to me) that you don't have a clue about me or anything I have actually said or believe. Come back when you do and try it again when you can display at least a modicum of honesty.
(By the way, I don't think you are capable of remembering much of anything, let alone this thread.)
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This thread is surely NOT going the way that you had intended, now, is it, Mr. the TidlerJr?

Unlike the Leftist Hoards (or is that 'Whoreds') who support John F***ing Kerry, those who support President Bush and this present War on Terrorism are not so easily discouraged!

Your boy should be riding high in the polls at present, yet languishes in 2nd place in a two man race!

Not very encouraging, huh?

Well, then, can you imagine what will happen when the shiftless, yet ever-shifting, John F***ing Kerry prances upon the public stage to explain both sides of his record?

I mean, the poor bastard VOTED AGAINST the Gulf War in 1991, and NOW says we should have taken Saddam out back then.
And yet he VOTED FOR the War in Iraq in 2002, and NOW says that we shouldn't have gone to War!
How can anyone so mangle the votes that he cast in such an ignorant manner?
BTW, John F***ing Kerry said NOTHING about the present War UNTIL Larry Moe Howard Dean began attracting anti-War Democrats to his campaign last Fall!
What a man your party has selected! Maybe y'all should just call yourselves the Western Baathist Party and get it over with!
I do know that if the Federal Trade Commission ran elections, it would demand the Democrats change their name to the Baathist Party USA in the name of Truth in Advertising!
Gee, it's gotta sting to have such a nitwit for a Presidential candidate.
But in the Democrat Party of 2004, nitwits are all the rage!
Eric The(Witty)Hun

As I didn't intend it to go any particular way, you are as usual confused.
I do, however, find it mildly amusing how you carry on both sides of a discussion. It probably does make for some interesting evenings at the Hun household as you are never wrong except when you are wrong.

Keep trying, Hun. You'll catch on sooner or later.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Stator, I am just restating what was said by the International Red Cross which is not a leftist organization and from the initial confidential report from the officers in charge of the investigation for the military. This report was  posted on this board concerning things that they felt were fact based upon testimony and confessions and the physical evidence which included medical records and pictures and videos among other things.

I have deferred my judgment to those who are investigating the matter. Some people don’t like hearing the truth.
Americans are guilty of doing many terrible things to prisoners that would be war crimes if they were not exempt.

Deal with it or burry your head in the sand it doesn’t matter to  me however it will not change the awful truth.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#33]
By the way guys I am not a Kerry supporter.

I have some strong disagreements with some of our presidents policies but Kerry is definitely the worst of the two evils.

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Do you have some comment on what I DID say or would you rather make up something?
I haven't here or anywhere said I support John Kerry or anyone for that matter. I have never said here or anywhere else that I hate George Bush. I don't support him to be President but I don't hate him. I am not a member at DU and have only visited the site once or twice to read what other members here have posted when they troll it. As far as I know, none of my friends post there. I don't drink beer so I won't be crying in any now or the day after the election whether Bush wins or not.  I have the ability to accept the election process in this country without losing my self respect and self control. As a law abiding citizen and a USMC Viet Vet and former member of the Indiana National Guard, I have served my country and have NEVER said here or anywhere else that I hate it. That comment is a pathetic lie, plain and simple.
It is obvious (at least to me) that you don't have a clue about me or anything I have actually said or believe. Come back when you do and try it again when you can display at least a modicum of honesty.
(By the way, I don't think you are capable of remembering much of anything, let alone this thread.)

Ad hominem and character assassination are the bread and butter of the gop cultists.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:29:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I am beginning to believe this is another series of anti-Bush ,anti-war and anti-american PROPAGANDA from the liberal left.Who ever leaked these photos out should be shot.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I still can't seem to understand what the hell is going on.  Nobody in the rest of the world, and certainly no media outlet seems very upset that American citizens and soldiers are being killed and their corpses mutilated and paraded through the streets of Fallujah.  No one seems to give a rat's ass that Saddam Hussein tortured his own Arab people in those very prisons for decades.  No one seems to mention the billions of dollars in aid we send around the world on a yearly basis.  Yet a few sadistic idiots with a little too much booze and free time are a battle cry for all the America haters.  When will all this crap end and people realize that we are the most compassionate, caring, giving and forgiving country in the history of the world?  Probably not until we are no longer here and have crumbled like the Greeks or Romans before us.  hr

Amen.  You said it all.  Ditto.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I am beginning to believe this is another series of anti-Bush ,anti-war and anti-american PROPAGANDA from the liberal left.Who ever leaked these photos out should be shot.hr

Dan "FUCKING" Rather
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I could honestly care less how the 'prisoners' are treated. The MP's should be CM'ed for being dumb enough to take pictures of this crap.

Remember how these people were dancing in the streets on September 11th?

If it were up to me, this incident wouldn't have occured because we wouldn't have any prisoners, just bodies....
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
....the Pentagon warns there are many more photos and videos that have not been disclosed.
They show "acts that can only be described as blatantly sadistic, cruel and inhuman," embattled Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld told Congress.

And we went to war in IRAQ to "Free the Oppressed"......right?
So much for the "Moral High Ground" argument.

Make IRAQ our new NATIONAL OIL WELL or Bring the U.S.G.I.'s HOME!!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Hmmm, so wetidlerjr posts a link to a story reported everywhere that "more bad news is on the way," and is suddenly a liberal Kerry DU supporter (even worse, he's union!!!!).

Ever see that Twighlight Zone episode where power goes out on a few houses, then a few streets, and the whole neighborhood goes berserk?

Before hurling the insults why not ask him what the purpose was to posting, or what his opinions were etc?  Is it just that much easier to go with the cut and paste attack?

New Rule:  From now on anyone accusing another of any of the following without logical documented evidence automatically loses the debate and has to kick in 500 rounds of M193 to the Arfcom emergency anti-zombie fund:
1.  Nazi
2.  Homosexual
3.  DU'er
4.  Clinton/Kerry/Socialist/Commie lover

Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I am beginning to believe this is another series of anti-Bush ,anti-war and anti-american PROPAGANDA from the liberal left.Who ever leaked these photos out should be shot.

whoever took the photos should be shot
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ad hominem and character assassination are the bread and butter of the gop cultists.

And the life blood of the demoncrats.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't waste your breath talking to Imbroglio about Democrats.

He votes Third Party. You know, The Coalition. I believe their Presidential candidate this year is Gallagher.

Really

www.gallaghersmash.com/
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#46]
56 year old man! You would think the anger and the need for petty insults would be worked out of the system by now and replaced with wisdom
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#47]
See below.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#48]
A young Iraqi girl was stripped and beaten at a US military prison in Baghdad while her brother heard her scream from another cell, it was reported tonight
Suhaib al-Baz, 24, a cameraman for the Arab satellite TV network Al-Jazeera, said he saw the abuse while he was being held at Abu Ghraib prison.
Earlier, al-Baz had told Associated Press that he had been stripped, beaten, spat upon and deprived of sleep during his 74-day stint in US army custody.
During that time, he told the AP, soldiers took “torture shots” with their personal cameras. In one case, al-Baz said he saw a soldier’s computer screen emblazoned with a backdrop picture of a hooded, handcuffed prisoner being attacked by a dog.
Al-Baz said he saw a 12- or 13-year-old Iraqi girl brought into the prison.
Late at night, he said, she was brought in front of his and other prison cells, naked and screaming.
Her brother, held in an upper cell, heard her scream and call out for his help, said al-Baz.
On another occasion, al-Baz said, he saw a 15-year-old Iraqi boy, who was ill, being forced to hold two heavy cans of water and run up and down a corridor.
If the boy stopped, he was beaten with a stick by an American soldier, al-Baz said.
“He collapsed from exhaustion, so they stripped him and poured cold water over him,” al-Baz said.
A naked, hooded man was brought into the area and placed face to face with the boy. When the man’s hood was removed, the boy was shocked to see his father and collapsed, al-Baz said.
The American soldiers “then forced his father to wear a bra and a pair of knickers” and laughed, al-Baz said.
Al-Baz had been arrested by US forces in Tikrit, Iraq, in early November 2003 while covering clashes between insurgents.

U.S. officials insist the abuse of prisoners at Abu Ghraib prison was limited and did not reflect policy.
However, the International Committee of the Red Cross said it warned American officials of prisoner abuse in Iraq more than a year ago and that the mistreatment was "not individual acts."
"There was a pattern and a system," Pierre Kraehenbuehl, the ICRC's director of operations, said in Geneva.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

And distorting the truth and cut and pasting the lies of others swallowed whole (as long as they bash Bush) are your bread and butter.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
A young Iraqi girl was stripped and beaten at a US military prison in Baghdad while her brother heard her scream from another cell, it was reported tonight
Suhaib al-Baz, 24, a cameraman for the Arab satellite TV network Al-Jazeera, said he saw the abuse while he was being held at Abu Ghraib prison.
Earlier, al-Baz had told Associated Press that he had been stripped, beaten, spat upon and deprived of sleep during his 74-day stint in US army custody.
During that time, he told the AP, soldiers took “torture shots” with their personal cameras. In one case, al-Baz said he saw a soldier’s computer screen emblazoned with a backdrop picture of a hooded, handcuffed prisoner being attacked by a dog.
Al-Baz said he saw a 12- or 13-year-old Iraqi girl brought into the prison.
Late at night, he said, she was brought in front of his and other prison cells, naked and screaming.
Her brother, held in an upper cell, heard her scream and call out for his help, said al-Baz.
On another occasion, al-Baz said, he saw a 15-year-old Iraqi boy, who was ill, being forced to hold two heavy cans of water and run up and down a corridor.
If the boy stopped, he was beaten with a stick by an American soldier, al-Baz said.
“He collapsed from exhaustion, so they stripped him and poured cold water over him,” al-Baz said.
A naked, hooded man was brought into the area and placed face to face with the boy. When the man’s hood was removed, the boy was shocked to see his father and collapsed, al-Baz said.
The American soldiers “then forced his father to wear a bra and a pair of knickers” and laughed, al-Baz said.
Al-Baz had been arrested by US forces in Tikrit, Iraq, in early November 2003 while covering clashes between insurgents.

Oh well, if a fucking AL JAZEERA cameraman said it, it MUST be true, right?  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top