Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Did I say it "must be true"? I made it a point to _include_  the fact that the source is an Arab working for Al-Jazeera, so you could make up your own mind whether it the story is true, false or exaggerated.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Did I say it "must be true"?

You quoted it without comment in a thread bashing President Bush.  Don't think everyone is as gullible as you assume they are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot believe any of our troops would rape a young girl. No fucking way.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Can we make at least an attempt at honesty?

Major combat is not over.

The war in Iraq did not aid the war on terror.

The war on terror suffered because of the war in Iraq.

The war in Iraq is about military bases, oil and smacking  Saddam's thumbing his nose at Bush, senior and junior.

Its wrong to abuse prisoners. Bush and Rummy apologized, why are people here still defending the practice.

Rush got rich pandering to an audience, preaching to the choir, while his own life was lived on way different terms.

John F*** Kerry - George F***Bush - How much difference is there really between them? Both are spoiled politicians. Why can't the Libertarians field a decent candidate so we can have a real choice?

The fundamentalist agenda is the same whether it be Moslem or Christian. The only thing stopping the fundies in this country from establishing a Christian theocracy is that the rest of us won't let them.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
56 year old man! You would think the anger and the need for petty insults would be worked out of the system by now and replaced with wisdom

Anger ? What would I have to be angry about ? If anything this site is one of the funniest sites on the 'net. Why be angry with people who won't even post there most heartfelt (supposedly) convictions under their real name ? The most common thing for me to do while on this site (in GD, anyway) is laugh my ass off !
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 2:32:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I really don’t get all the who cares what we did to them attitudes.

According to the International Red Cross and the current investigation we have been torturing raping and murdering prisoners long before any Americans bodies were being dragged through the streets. The International Red Cross said in their confidential reports that abuse of prisoners was prevalent and constituted the norm and was not confined to extreme cases.

The International Red Cross has been sending reports of these abuses in Iraq to Rumsfeld’s and Bush’s desks since June of 2003 and nothing was done about it until word started getting out on Jan 14th 2004 that a story was brewing. Them Dems may be able to make some hay on this point.

I watched the hearings and the pictures we have seen are not the most disturbing. They are the least inflammatory photos of the bunch and we could be seeing more of the same or much worse very soon.  

Cant you guys get it through your thick heads that because of this its likely that every captured American will receive worse treatment and that there will be far greater numbers people willing to commit terrorist acts against us?

Every Arab is looking at our soldiers to determine what Americans are really like and right now we appear to be the Great Satan that they have always been told we are.  

All of the abuses were done before any American or coalition or contractors bodies were dragged through the streets. According to reports this kind of abuse perpetrated by Americans started in Afghanistan.

These men and women disgraced us all. They disgraced the uniform they wear and the nation they represent and her people and the memories of those who died on 911. If it were up to me the perpetrators would be tried in Iraq and if found guilty they would be marched to a public place and executed by firing squad for the world to see.

Uh, excuse me but they have been torturing and killing our troops long before the so called scandal started. Obviously you have not been keeping abreast of the Middle Eastern cultural aspects of what they are doing to infidels.

The so called torture is mild in comparison to what the “Holly Warriors” do to others that do not belong to the Pagan Clans they associate with, obviously you have never viewed some of the films of what has happened to people that object to their beliefs.

As far as having a thick head about what is going on, it is obvious you have no experience dealing with these types, they only understand brut force and no mercy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Long-rifle-tactical, My father is ex-military and two of my cousins are ex-Army Rangers. One of my Nephews is currently serving as a Marine Sniper. When I lived in Marin County I lead a military bible study on base.

I watch Christian World news and I have friends involved in world missions. I am well aware that Muslims have nearly exterminated Christians in Sub-Saharan Africa while the rest of the world’s media and their leaders have turned a blind eye and a deaf ear to it.    

However when American troupes were captured in Iraq by Iraqi military they have been returned alive and most said they were treated badly initially by the troupes who captured them and treated well by their guards that they were turned over to.

To me it’s understandable for the prevailing troupes to be angry after getting their butts whooped. They tend to give a little rough treatment to those who just killed their friends before being turned over to guards. It’s quite another thing to treat prisoners as badly as US soldiers/MP’s have confessed to. They were not in the heat of battle only min/seconds before and they should be much more level headed.

Also the International Red Cross said today that at any given time 70-90% of the people under this kind of interrogation were mistaken identities. That’s 70-90% of the people who were being mistreated in the ways mentioned above (previous post) were just the average Joe on the street, happy to be free of Sadam who had no information and had done nothing wrong.

America con no longer take the moral high ground so long as actions such as these are tolerated. This kind of treatment is only tolerable when used on spy/saboteurs and known terrorist. However the International Red Cross has broken silence and said that the harsh treatment was widespread and not confined just to special cases.

There are many who want America to do every evil thing that other evil nations do. If we take this road we will be just as evil as they are.

You see I could care less if they tortured Osamas bodyguard for information. I could care less if Sadam gets tortured. I do however draw the line at torturing innocent people taken off the street as is alleged by the Red Cross. I also draw the line at raping innocent women and children in hopes of getting valuable information out of their fathers.

long-rifle-tactical, Try this on for a min and remember now, 70-90% of these people know nothing because they are the wrong people.

MP says to long-rifle-tactical, Lets rape some of the women and take videos. Keep in mind that in their culture a raped women will likely never be able to find a husband.

How do you answer this MP?

Next day, amother MP asks long-rifle-tactical, Why don’t we gather up some the young boys and get the Iraqi guards to rape them and we can make a video?

Another MP says: Before they are interrogated lets hood them and strip them naked. Then lets beat them with pistols and rifle butts and clubs and when they fall down we can kick them. If any of them die we can just cover it up and everyone will believe us. We can make them do anything we want and it will be lots of fun. I want to make them masturbate and I want to sodomize them with broomsticks and stuff. (keep in mind that at least one of the deaths is already confirmed to have resulted from kicking)

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can we make at least an attempt at honesty?

Apparently you can't.

Major combat is not over.

Yes, it is.  This is counterinsurgency, not a conventional military campaign.

The war in Iraq did not aid the war on terror.

Yes, it did.

The war on terror suffered because of the war in Iraq.

No, it didn't.

The war in Iraq is about military bases, oil and smacking  Saddam's thumbing his nose at Bush, senior and junior.

And about Saddam supporting and supplying terrorists.

John F*** Kerry - George F***Bush - How much difference is there really between them?

Worlds.  Anyone who doesn't realize this is either lying to themselves or an idiot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really don’t get all the who cares what we did to them attitudes.

According to the International Red Cross and the current investigation we have been torturing raping and murdering prisoners long before any Americans bodies were being dragged through the streets. The International Red Cross said in their confidential reports that abuse of prisoners was prevalent and constituted the norm and was not confined to extreme cases.

The International Red Cross has been sending reports of these abuses in Iraq to Rumsfeld’s and Bush’s desks since June of 2003 and nothing was done about it until word started getting out on Jan 14th 2004 that a story was brewing. Them Dems may be able to make some hay on this point.

I watched the hearings and the pictures we have seen are not the most disturbing. They are the least inflammatory photos of the bunch and we could be seeing more of the same or much worse very soon.  

Cant you guys get it through your thick heads that because of this its likely that every captured American will receive worse treatment and that there will be far greater numbers people willing to commit terrorist acts against us?

Every Arab is looking at our soldiers to determine what Americans are really like and right now we appear to be the Great Satan that they have always been told we are.  

All of the abuses were done before any American or coalition or contractors bodies were dragged through the streets. According to reports this kind of abuse perpetrated by Americans started in Afghanistan.

These men and women disgraced us all. They disgraced the uniform they wear and the nation they represent and her people and the memories of those who died on 911. If it were up to me the perpetrators would be tried in Iraq and if found guilty they would be marched to a public place and executed by firing squad for the world to see.

The ICRC considers solitary confinement & other common interrogation techniques to be 'torture'.

Personally I see nothing wrong with locking a naked terrorist in an empty cell, then giving him articles of clothing, a cot, or turning off 'Welcome to the Jungle' for an hour or two if he gives up info...
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

John F*** Kerry - George F***Bush - How much difference is there really between them? Both are spoiled politicians. Why can't the Libertarians field a decent candidate so we can have a real choice?

Because the Libertarian platform is so flat out ABHORRENT that many of us would rather see a Democrat in office.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
//

In one of the darkest weeks of his administration...

If last week was one of the darkest weeks of his administration, then 9/11 & the following weeks, the recession period, the Afghan war, the Iraq war, etc., must have been a real picnic, huh?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Eric is right. No matter what the press and liberals throw at president bush, kerry can get barely better than even in the polls.

And his poor standing is IN SPITE OF the press going gaga over the guy all the time and all of the free press that he got as a result of the Democratic primaries.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:04:00 PM EDT
[#13]

According to the International Red Cross...

Now there's an organization that I would trust for their impartial assessments.
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ditto, Eric The(Dumber than a Doorknob)Hun ! Ditto !
Now go off and worship at Rush's feet as he pukes up his vast cesspool of knowledge while in a drug induced haze !

Nothing slow about me, Eric. I learned what you were and how you are, about two weeks after I joined ARFCOM. I stopped being fooled by you a long time ago.

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Dave_A, The ICRC found much worse then just naked and solitary.

According to our numbers from coalition intelligence 90% of the people subjected to this kind of treatment were cases of mistaken identity.

Since prisoner treatment was based upon their cooperation in providing useful information one could easily assume that these pour prisoners were treated the worst.

At least 90% of the people we were doing this to were not terrorist and likely none of the people that were interrogated in Iraq were terrorists according to our own numbers.

Once American troupes were turned over to proper Iraqi authorities they were treated better than we have treated Iraqi’s.

So far I have not heard one report about any improper treatment to terrorists. Where are you hearing that these people are terrorists? Whay do you know that the Bush administration does not?
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#17]
WHY ARE THE LEFT WINGERS SO QUICK TO POINT A GUN TO UNCLE SAM'S HEAD?

SAWED OFF
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top