Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2017 4:46:26 PM EDT
I really don't like the idea of asking permission for a permit to exercise the right to bear arms. Perhaps I should just accept that we will all continuously compromise our rights away to the bitter end. Just difficult to pay the extortion and permission fee when I see more and more states passing Constitutional carry. That permit may make me feel as if I legitimized the infringement, and have less integrity as a man. Am I alone in that thought?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you feel about gold fringe around US flags?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
So don't get your permit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
So live in a state with constitutional carry.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So live in a state with constitutional carry.
View Quote
^^This

Or just ignore the permit requirements and don't get caught, if you do get caught don't whine about it tho.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Options:

Move to a constitutional carry state

Get a permit.

Don't get a permit, and don't carry

Don't get a permit, and carry anyway.

Not sure what you're looking for.   People in many areas of California would envy a permit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Much edge to your post
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you feel about that background check every time you purchase a firearm?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a GOOD LEGAL PLAN (doubt it'll get you to the US Supreme Court) before you try something.  Don't count on the ACLU.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
being an adult means making choices.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Just buy a whistle,
No permit needed
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:55:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL, this.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Why is it that 95% of the people who joined this month are so weird? 

OP, either stop whining and get your permit or don't. Or, like others said, move to a state with constitutional carry and that'll be one less super duper difficult decision for you to make. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OP, either stop whining and get your permit or don't. Or, like others said, move to a state with constitutional carry and that'll be one less super duper difficult decision for you to make. 
View Quote
I'd much rather be 'weird' than simple. 16er

Choices are obvious. I'm asking those who had the same frame of mind, and how/why they justified getting permission.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How do you feel about gold fringe around US flags?
View Quote
Goddamnit, you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]
When virtue signaling goes wrong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:16:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey, Thomas Paine.

This isn't Burger King.  You can't have it your way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:16:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Choices are obvious. I'm asking those who had the same frame of mind, and how/why they justified getting permission.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh, that's not how it works guy. 

And since we're doing this, how do you feel about getting a drivers license? Do you just not drive, drive illegally, or did you go and get your license? Seriously, it's not like this argument hasn't been rehashed a thousand times. Go read the thousands of other posts on here and basically every other gun site about it. 

It is a simple decision. Get your permit and carry, don't the get the permit and don't carry, carry illegally, or move some where with constitutional carry. Either pick one of those currently available choices, or pony up some cash for a campaign to change the laws. 

For the record, "getting permission" to carry is easily worth it if it means I can carry my firearm and possibly save myself or others. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Life is a series of compromises.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:20:15 PM EDT
[#19]
17'ers are giving 13'ers a run for their money. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait till the Govt requires a permit for you to go to a church of your choice.  Maybe then....the country will be ready to revolt?

You could still have your choice of RELIGION.  Freedom of religion.  But, you'll need to pay a small fee maybe even go through a background check....you know, for safety.

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#21]
The more permits that are issued, the easier it is to hammer home the normalcy of carrying, the easier it is to fight negative perception and advance 2a
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]
OP, how do you feel about the NFA?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#23]
If you don't get your permit and carry, the .Gov gets the last laugh hosing your blood off the sidewalk. Like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

The purpose of the 2a is to provide the credible threat of violence against would be tyrants. So does that mean now I won't go buy an AR because I shouldn't have to fill out a 4473?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Concealed carry is concealed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Pay your taxes? Pay a fee to drive on the king's roads?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:25:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
How do you know he doesn't buy from a personal seller?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:26:19 PM EDT
[#28]
I like turtles but I like boobs more.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:27:57 PM EDT
[#29]
How do you feel about catching a felony and losing all your guns?

Life is a series of decisions.  I err on the side of good judgement even when I don't like the pill I have to swallow.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Would suck to get hit with a criminal charge just for carrying a ccw. Or worse you actually use it and that in turn is used against you in court.

Seems like a lose lose to me if your state isn't too hard to get a CCW permit. Now if your state prohibits it or its basically impossible to get one then I would change my thinking of the above or just move.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:32:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And since we're doing this, how do you feel about getting a drivers license? Do you just not drive, drive illegally, or did you go and get your license? Seriously, it's not like this argument hasn't been rehashed a thousand times. Go read the thousands of other posts on here and basically every other gun site about it. 

It is a simple decision. Get your permit and carry, don't the get the permit and don't carry, carry illegally, or move some where with constitutional carry. Either pick one of those currently available choices, or pony up some cash for a campaign to change the laws. 

For the record, "getting permission" to carry is easily worth it if it means I can carry my firearm and possibly save myself or others. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Driving is not a constitutionally-protected right...16er.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OP, how do you feel about the NFA?
View Quote
Ill speak for him

Its fucking retarded and an archaic way of handling it in general. Been through it many times.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:33:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's them primes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
17'ers are giving 13'ers a run for their money. 
It's them primes.  
Can't trust em....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:39:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Valid question.
I'm sure there are those who only buy from private sellers to avoid any record of firearm ownership.
That would be taking paranoia to another level not even normally found in GD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point? 

I support constitutional carry. So... 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I really don't like the idea of asking permission for a permit to exercise the right to bear arms. Perhaps I should just accept that we will all continuously compromise our rights away to the bitter end. Just difficult to pay the extortion and permission fee when I see more and more states passing Constitutional carry. That permit may make me feel as if I legitimized the infringement, and have less integrity as a man. Am I alone in that thought?
View Quote

Several states have constitutional carry, and several more are working on it before their state legislatures - Iowa is among them. You can always come here in a couple years (takes a couple years in a row successful voting in state legislature to make a change to the state constitution here) So you can become a Hawkeye and not worry about it anymore
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thankfully in my state I am not subject to those......................as long as I subject myself to the process the OP is referring to.

I hate having to go through any "process" to exercise a right.  However, self defense is important enough for me to do it in this case.  For now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:56:03 PM EDT
[#38]
We have a compound out here of guys that refuse to get any sort of credentials/permits, driver's licenses included. Might want to check them out. Edgy as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:56:59 PM EDT
[#39]
that exact sentiment is abundantly evident in the photo i had to get taken for my ccw at the police station after paying a fee and getting fingerprinted.

It is total fucking bullshit. I'd rather not get fucked in the ass over the matter so i try to fight it through the system.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So don't get your permit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We have a compound out here of guys that refuse to get any sort of credentials/permits, driver's licenses included. Might want to check them out. Edgy as fuck.
View Quote
GD has a compound in Arizona?
How have I been here 3 years and not been told?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#42]
“I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

Quit yer bitchin' and be glad you can get one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I keep renewing mine, because when I buy a gun thru an FFL I show the permit (bypasses nics) they write it down on their form and hand it back. No mistaken ID when calling into NICS and being denied.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Welcome back.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Valid question.
I'm sure there are those who only buy from private sellers to avoid any record of firearm ownership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Valid question.
It's fairly common around where I'm from.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Your point? 

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your point? 

You are comparing a constitutional protected right to something that is not constitutionally protected. That's my point and your comparison is apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:36:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How do you feel about catching a felony and losing all your guns?

Life is a series of decisions.  I err on the side of good judgement even when I don't like the pill I have to swallow.
View Quote
In a lot of states, probably most in fact it is a misdemeanor.

Of course we don't know what state he is in.

Quite a difference between CCW charges in New York than say Montana.

I recommend getting a permit regardless, as even a misdemeanor is better avoided.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#48]
The more common they are, the more people you have to sway the liberals in charge.

Also helps when we are pushing for reciprocity. That does require you to leave the basement though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

You AIN'T edgy.

Now go pound your margarine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top