BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I really don't like the idea of asking permission for a permit to exercise the right to bear arms. Perhaps I should just accept that we will all continuously compromise our rights away to the bitter end. Just difficult to pay the extortion and permission fee when I see more and more states passing Constitutional carry. That permit may make me feel as if I legitimized the infringement, and have less integrity as a man. Am I alone in that thought?
View Quote

Nope.  That's why we voted in a Republican governor this last election who signed constitutional carry recently.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I really don't like the idea of asking permission for a permit to exercise the right to bear arms. Perhaps I should just accept that we will all continuously compromise our rights away to the bitter end. Just difficult to pay the extortion and permission fee when I see more and more states passing Constitutional carry. That permit may make me feel as if I legitimized the infringement, and have less integrity as a man. Am I alone in that thought?
View Quote

no.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
17'ers need a permit for the special kind of derp they are carrying.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
17'ers are giving 13'ers a run for their money. 
View Quote
Yeah I noticed... I mentally called the join year as soon as I read the title. I was right.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It should not make you feel like you have less integrity. Abiding by the law while working to change the law for the better is a fine way to do things. Concealed carry has an interesting history, but we've generally been moving in the right direction for years now. In many states, the permit was the first step in that direction. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:03:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It should not make you feel like you have less integrity. Abiding by the law while working to change the law for the better is a fine way to do things. Concealed carry has an interesting history, but we've generally been moving in the right direction for years now. In many states, the permit was the first step in that direction. 
View Quote
Good answer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So don't get a permit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#8]

NorCal has been slacking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I live in AZ, so I don't need one, yet I have one because it makes the buying process faster.

Is that like, far out, man?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:10:36 PM EDT
[#10]
There is no doubt, in my mind at least, that permits, licenses, and training requirements for CCW constitute a poll tax.

There's also no doubt in my mind that something derpy is going on in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:11:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Thirty years ago almost no one could get  a Carry permit in most states

Now people complain about having to get one
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#12]
So you're making machine guns too huh!?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How do you feel about gold fringe around US flags?
View Quote
FPNI

Dude, you didn't have anything when you were born into this. Most people on here didn't have the right to carry concealed at one point or another. Get over it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:28:08 PM EDT
[#14]
'17er...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#15]
If you're going to whine, wimper and cry like a baby then get up and move to one of those "constitutional carry" states that you whined about if it means that much to you. I'm very happy with my state and have a License To Carry which I'm not whining about like a big baby. Until the US Supreme Court rules that "constitutional carry" is the law of the land, then it isn't. Until then, get over it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'd much rather be 'weird' than simple. 16er

Choices are obvious. I'm asking those who had the same frame of mind, and how/why they justified getting permission.
View Quote
You justify it by knowing that if you have to defend your life or that of a loved one in a state which requires a CCW permit you may actually avoid jail or a massive legal bill.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you ever visit poopy neighborhoods or don't like armed criminals, the idea of getting a permit is the least of my worries.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:50:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Are you still looking for a good Christian woman?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I carried way before permits went coast to coast even in places that could place me in a bad situation.  Do what the fuck you want to do and the risk you can manage if you end up in jail.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top